What do you do when your GM suddenly vanishes? (D&D 3.5) (Still searching!)

Started by Kunoichi, July 09, 2015, 02:45:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kunoichi

So, a couple of months back, I started up an interest thread in this very forum to see if I could get anybody to help run a rather unusual D&D game that I was really wanting to play in.  It was a high level game with heavily-altered character creation rules, centered around a group of would-be demon lords who would have to work together to conquer their own little corner of the Abyss.  Miraculously, I actually managed to find someone who was interested in running the game, and after a quick flurry of character creation, things got off to a solid start with a game titled Dream Evil: An Abyssal Odyssey.

Unfortunately, about a month ago, that GM disappeared suddenly and without warning, and hasn't even so much as logged into E once in the time since then.  The players we've got for the game are quite dedicated to it and really don't want to see it die, so I'm making this thread now in the hopes of finding someone who would be willing to pick up where the previous GM left off.

The original interest thread (which quickly became the character creation thread) can be found here.  There are six characters in the game, each of which is at 16 hit dice, though the group is closer to a party of 18th-level characters in overall power.

If you've read this far, thank you for your time and I sincerely hope that you'll consider picking up the game.  If there's anything else that you'd like to know about it, please, feel free to ask.

hellrazoromega

Is the title of the game supposed to be a hyperlink? When I clicked it nothing happened.

Kunoichi

It is, yes.  I have no idea how the link got messed up in the first place, but it's fixed now.

hellrazoromega

Well I'm new to these parts but I have been GMing D&D for 30+ years and I might be interested In taking over. I like the concept but I'd have to read through the game thread and kinda get a better idea of what is going on before I gave a solid answer. It may take me a bit of time to do that as I have a prior engagement for a good part of the day tomorrow--er, today (Sunday). But I could give things a read and let you know ASAP, if you'd even be willing to give me a shot that is.  ;D

Kunoichi

Oh, I'd definitely be willing to give you a shot.  To be honest, even though I want the game to continue, I wasn't actually expecting anyone to respond, so I feel like your interest in the position is an incredible stroke of luck. ^^

hellrazoromega

No worries I know Pathfinder better than 3.5--though I know the difference are not too extreme. So I may err in making that adjustment but right now I am just trying to get a handle on the game thread  ;D

Kunoichi

Alright. ^^ Here's hoping it isn't too hard for you to get a handle on, then.

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 13, 2015, 09:02:12 PM
Alright. ^^ Here's hoping it isn't too hard for you to get a handle on, then.

Lol it is a lot to digest, I am trying to sort out all the players--I think I have a handle on the PC's (mostly) but there seem to be quite a few NPCs/minion. I think I am gonna have to take notes  :P

Kunoichi

We do have a character sheet thread here, if you haven't taken a look at it already.  Two of our players do have Leadership (and one was able to use a combination of feats and class features to get two extra cohorts), and my own character has a very talkative intelligent magic sword.  The only other characters aside from that were three NPC merchants/mercenaries that the GM had introduced.  It is a lot of minions, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure the players themselves are willing to handle the roleplaying for their own minions, at the very least. ^^

hellrazoromega

Quote from: Kunoichi on July 14, 2015, 12:37:18 AM
We do have a character sheet thread here, if you haven't taken a look at it already.  Two of our players do have Leadership (and one was able to use a combination of feats and class features to get two extra cohorts), and my own character has a very talkative intelligent magic sword.  The only other characters aside from that were three NPC merchants/mercenaries that the GM had introduced.  It is a lot of minions, admittedly, but I'm pretty sure the players themselves are willing to handle the roleplaying for their own minions, at the very least. ^^
Oh I have noticed that they are playing their own, it is more a matter of just know all the NPCs so when someone says "x" does this I would know who is who. :P

Kunoichi

Ah, good point.  Notes might actually help quite a bit, in that case. :P

hellrazoromega

Kunoichi I have to apologize if I got your hope up. While this looks like great fun it may also be too much for me to take on at this point. Perhaps if I have been there from the get go I'd be all over it but at this point I don't think I could live up to what your guys started without a ton of catchup time, which I sadly don't have right now. Sorry :-(

Kunoichi

That's alright, I understand.  Thank you for taking the time to look it over, at least.