Some Fandom/Semi-OC Ideas, seeking female character (Closed)

Started by Cold Heritage, May 13, 2017, 03:05:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cold Heritage

Thank you to everyone who looked. I have found partners for each idea. If you do wish to contact me, I might consider taking up the idea with others despite that. Thanks kindly. :)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Good day fellow Elliquiyan. Thank you for taking the time to drop on by. I have a pair of ideas to present here. They are influenced by existing franchises. None of these ideas seek a partner to portray a canon character and I do not intend to write one.

For these stories I'd like a partner who could post two or three times a week and work to provide reasonably detailed posts. I prefer something in the two to three paragraph range, although there are times when I can make longer - typically in introductory posts or in establishing something new and important.

If either spark any interest, please feel free to send a private message to discuss.

Vikings/The Last Kingdom

After the death of Ragnar Lodbrok at the hands of the King Ælla of Northumbria, his sons formed the Great Heathen Army to avenge him. Northumbria and several other Anglo-Saxon kingdoms fall to the invading Northmen. The invading Northmen settle and take parts of England as their own. Some remain raiders, but others turn their hand to farming. More Northmen come in the wake of the Great Heathen Army's success.

Thyrnir the Troll-Struck is a powerful Northman warrior. His personal prowess marks him as one of the greatest warriors of his generation, and it is widely held that he is beloved by the gods of the North. Like many he has come to England to raid and seek his fortune there. Motivated by a hunger for silver and battle he joined Hrolfdane Half-Hand and fought against the Kingdom of Wessex. Despite the prowess of the Northmen, the English proved to be cunning adversaries and dealt the Northmen a crushing defeat by surrounding their shield wall on three sides. Such is the fury of the Northmen, however, that Wessex's victory is Pyrrhic and bittersweet.

In the aftermath of this battle, Thyrnir is taken prisoner and interrogated by his Wessex jailers. Thyrnir has no intelligence of value, but gives them nothing. But in time it becomes known that Hrolfdane's brother Sigvold has raised an army to avenge his brother and is marching upon Wessex. Despite its victory, Wessex's stock of fighting men is badly depleted and in need of fresh bodies. In a base move, the King of Wessex arranges for tales to be spread that the Northmen captured were not prisoners but defectors who had betrayed Hrolfdane. And then once it was assured that the reputation of these Northmen prisoners was forever tainted in the eyes of their countrymen, the King offered them their freedom if they would fight in defense of Wessex.

Thyrnir at least, bitterly accepted this offer. Other Northmen did as well. Some refused, and they were put to the sword. Those who agreed to fight for Wessex were marched to Wessex's border and settled with fresh levies to train in anticipation of the coming battle.

---
I'd like in this story to write about Thyrnir alongside a female of Wessex. Perhaps a nun, to truly capture the taboo nature of the attraction between the two characters, and to add another facet to the clash of cultures that the pair coming together would cause. Ultimately I'd like this to be a romantic story although not an easy one no matter what role my writing partner takes up.

Star Wars, Old Republic Era

The Republic and the Empire are once again at war. The transitory peace of the Treaty of Corsuscant is over as so many expected it to be. On Korriban the Sith Temple churns out apprentice Sith with a mind only for sheer numbers, leading to a laxity and homogenization in training standards. Dorn Harms completes his trials, and though he had the potential to be amongst the most powerful Force users of his generation, the standardized training he receives on Korriban leaves him incomplete and unpolished and sees him passed into the hands of a master who was also ill-served by the short-sighted training policies.

After a battle that saw Dorn on death's door, his master slain, and the Imperial troops they were assigned to wiped out to a man, the Force set Dorn upon the right path. A deep fear was set into Dorn's heart as he spent days in and out of consciousness, sustained only by a connection to the Dark Side fueled by a powerful fear of mortality. The Force guided Dorn to an ancient holocron and from it he received tutelage in Force powers and lightsaber combat that suited his character and predilections. Dorn recovered from his injuries, and in the crucible of his recovery, forged himself in an unassailable bastion.

Dorn returned to the Empire, and forged a new lightsaber and a suit of durasteel armor. He returned to face the Empire's foes, serving both as a great shield and mighty hammer.

But Dorn remained incomplete. His fear of death remains as powerful as ever, as does his anger at his humiliating defeat and what he became. But he lacks passion.

The Force will guide him to the one who will rouse the passion in his dark heart and the one to whom he can bond himself deeply to.
---
In this story, I don't really have any sort of concrete match I'd like. Dorn could be paired up with another Sith or Jedi. He could become Light or he could bring a Jedi into Darkness. I imagine that a big part of his character development will focus around becoming less defined by his fear of death and in the bond he'd form with the female that Force pairs with him.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.