Complicated Affairs

Started by undisclosedtoyou, August 03, 2011, 05:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Complicated affairs   
(One Male Role Nedded!)

I'm interested in running a small game about a family on the brink of chaos.  The main family would comprise of four people, but there will be seven characters altogether.  The wife, husband, their two children, the other woman, the sons partner, and the husbands twin brother.  It'll definitely be a game filled with complicated relationships, and there is plenty of room for incest, and/or gay, lesbian, bi encounters.  As for settings, I'm leaning towards a large ranch in Texas or Arizona, but that's negotiable.

The plot would be simple, Two people, who married young, have now reached their sixteen year anniversary.  For a number of reasons, the husband has lost interest in his wife, sure he still loves her, and wont divorce her, but sexually, he wants something else, something new.  So he starts seeing a young shop girl, a woman who's main job is to sell perfume in a high end boutique. 

The wife, who is stuck in a broken marriage, knows about her husbands indiscretions, has even seen the other woman, inadvertently while shopping,  but she refuses to take the final step and divorce her husband.  And why would she, when it just isn't done in their circle, and admitting it all with a public divorce, would be excruciatingly humiliating to her, and not to mention the fact that she loves her husband, and won't just give him up to another woman.  So she can live with his indiscretions, as long as it doesn't go public, and they can at least pretend that nothing is wrong.  But it's lonely, being in a marriage with little to no sexual release, so she starts up her own affair with an old beau, who just happens to be her husbands brother, a man who has always been in love with her. 

But it doesn't end there, they have two sixteen year old boys, twins.  One, has a steady girlfriend/boyfriend, but has also fallen in love/lust with the woman who is seeing their father.  And surprisingly, has been secretly seeing her for at least two months, all the while, knowing his father is also seeing her.  The other brother, has fallen in love/lust with his brothers partner, and has been spending more and more time with him, as his brothers time is taken up with his secret lover.

In the end, will the marriage end in a messy divorce, will everything be revealed?  Who knows, but it'll be interesting to see where it leads.

Cast of Characters

Father: Tentatively taken, but still up for grabs.
Mother: Taken
Mistress: Tentatively taken, but still up for grabs.
Brother: Open
Twin: Tentatively taken, but still up for grabs.
Twin: Tentatively taken, but still up for grabs.
Twin's partner: Tentatively taken, but still up for grabs.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Character Sheet

You may choose to use a photo, a written description, or both, if you are so inclined.  But if you choose a photograph, please no drawn photo's.  The photo must be placed where the "Image Coming Soon" picture is.  If you don't want a picture at all, just take out the "Image Coming Soon" picture, and you're good.

Name:
Position in Family:
Sexual Orientation:
Description:(If you choose to use a photo, and not include a written description of your character, just edit this part out of the char sheet.)
Personality: (At least two good sized paragraphs)
History:

[float=right][IMG padding=5]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n520/undisclosed2you/Clip%20Art/NWT1113Fwid3D43826hei3D43226fmt3Djpeg26qlt3D75026op_sharpen3D026resMode3Dbicub26op_usm3D111.jpg[/IMG][/float]
[left][font=arial][size=10pt][i]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Position in Family:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]
[/i][/size][/font][/left]
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Sarah Morgan

Sounds complicated, but definitely fun!  I'd be interested in taking up the girlfriend of the brother, but I'm only counting six characters, not seven, unless I'm missing someone somewhere.  There's the husband and wife, the girl the husband is seeing, the two twin brothers, and the girlfriend of one of the brothers, as far as I can tell.  I'll try and get the character sheet done later today, after I finish catching up on back posts, and when I'm more awake.  Do you want it put into this thread, or sent to you in PM?  Either way works for me, I just want to make sure to send it the easiest way you'll see it.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on August 05, 2011, 03:43:55 AM
Sounds complicated, but definitely fun!  I'd be interested in taking up the girlfriend of the brother, but I'm only counting six characters, not seven, unless I'm missing someone somewhere.  There's the husband and wife, the girl the husband is seeing, the two twin brothers, and the girlfriend of one of the brothers, as far as I can tell.  I'll try and get the character sheet done later today, after I finish catching up on back posts, and when I'm more awake.  Do you want it put into this thread, or sent to you in PM?  Either way works for me, I just want to make sure to send it the easiest way you'll see it.

Yeah, definitely a complicated plot, lol.  I'd love it if you took up the twins girlfriend, and you can post your character sheet here, or PM, whichever you prefer.  The seventh character is the husbands brother, who the wife is having the affair with ;)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MagicalPen

I'd be interested in playing the Twin with the Girlfriend, secretly seeing the Mistress. I'd also be open to a little mother/son incest as well.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Bostonesq

I am interested in the father role and sent you a message. Thanks.

KikuLei

JadenMystic

I'm definately interested. It'd be even more interesting if the husband and hte brother were also twins...Also could be interesting if hte Twins listed were fraternal...I'd like to play the other twin if that's possible. :-)

A/A(update 1/27) Ideas(update 6/15) O/O&Chars(update 2/1)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Eeyore on August 05, 2011, 09:35:40 AM
I'd be interested in playing the Twin with the Girlfriend, secretly seeing the Mistress. I'd also be open to a little mother/son incest as well.

Thank you for your interest Eeyore!  I don't know about the mother/son incest, but I'll definitely mull it over.  I'm more comfortable with sibling incest, but we'll see, maybe I'll change my mind lol. 

Quote from: Bostonesq on August 05, 2011, 10:24:35 AM
I am interested in the father role and sent you a message. Thanks.

Received and sent you a reply PM :)

Quote from: KikuLei on August 05, 2011, 11:04:44 AM
I am interested in playing the Mistress. :]

You can send in your character idea to me via PM, but we already have another person interested in the Mistress position.  So I'll be choosing the one that I think fits in best with my character idea.

Quote from: JadenMystic on August 05, 2011, 12:22:08 PM
I'm definately interested. It'd be even more interesting if the husband and hte brother were also twins...Also could be interesting if hte Twins listed were fraternal...I'd like to play the other twin if that's possible. :-)

Actually, my initial idea was that the brothers were twins also, so it's definitely a possibility.  As for the 16 year old twins being fraternal, it would have to be discussed with Sarah Morgan, since she will be playing the role of girlfriend to the twin, and since that character would be involved with both twins.  So talk your idea up with her, and if she's in agreement, than I'm more than okay with it.

I suggest everyone plot with each other, to work out any kinks everyone might have with complicated, and twisted relationships in this game.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MagicalPen

IF Sarah agrees and Jayden is my female twin, I'd certainly be all for having some Twincest as well.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Eeyore on August 05, 2011, 08:31:58 PM
IF Sarah agrees and Jayden is my female twin, I'd certainly be all for having some Twincest as well.

This made me grin, yay for twincest!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

JadenMystic

Quote from: Eeyore on August 05, 2011, 08:31:58 PM
Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 05, 2011, 08:38:39 PM
This made me grin, yay for twincest!

lol I have no problem being your female tiwn, Eeyore. Or having Twincest. ;-)

there are times when a change of direction is for your highest good. It takes courage to change direction. Choose the path your heart agrees with and walk with your head high and your eyes open. Don't be afraid.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: JadenMystic on August 06, 2011, 12:15:53 AM
lol I have no problem being your female tiwn, Eeyore. Or having Twincest. ;-)

As long as Sarah Morgan is fine with it, it's great. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bostonesq

Thanks for the response "wife"..I am definitely in as the husband/father. I will plot some more with you and once my mistress is identified we should also exchange a few ideas. 

Sarah Morgan

Just so I get this straight, and so we're all on the same page, are we talking about replacing the two younger twin brothers with a twin sister instead?  I'm assuming that's what fraternal twins means, simply going by the context, but I could be way off.  I don't have a problem doing scenes with another woman, although I'll admit that I haven't tried writing one out yet.  If you'd rather have a twin brother/sister as opposed to two twin brothers, that's fine with me.  Maybe my girl can be bi-curious or something, and her boyfriend's sister's always liked her, but was never planning on telling her, because of the relationship my character had with her brother?  Then of course things can change, when my girl's boyfriend decides to stop spending time with her, and things can go from there. 

JadenMystic

Yes, Sarah, Fraternal  twins are one of each gender. We can help you along, too with the writing FxF scenes. And if something you type doesn't make sence we can help you fix it via PM or the OOC thread. :-) We're all ehre to help each other out and to help expand the way we write in one way or another so no worries, ok?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Bostonesq on August 06, 2011, 05:44:09 AM
Thanks for the response "wife"..I am definitely in as the husband/father. I will plot some more with you and once my mistress is identified we should also exchange a few ideas.

Hahaha, oh, if anyone is wondering, you all can call me Dis, it's way easier than writing out undisclosedtoyou.

I already have Beguile's application, so once I get KikuLei's, I'll let everyone know who got it.

Quote from: JadenMystic on August 06, 2011, 01:02:18 PM
Yes, Sarah, Fraternal  twins are one of each gender. We can help you along, too with the writing FxF scenes. And if something you type doesn't make sence we can help you fix it via PM or the OOC thread. :-) We're all ehre to help each other out and to help expand the way we write in one way or another so no worries, ok?

I pretty much +1 this. 

If you ever have any questions Sarah, feel free to ask me or Jaden or anyone else you feel comfortable with here.

Mm, technically, the only different between Identical Twins, and Fraternal Twins, are that Identical twins develop from one egg, that splits and forms two embryo's.  While Fraternal twins come from two separate eggs, that are fertilized by two separate sperm.  So Fraternal twins can either be the same sex, or not, and Identical Twins have to be of the same sex.

But yeah, that's neither here nor there, because in this game, the twins will be Fraternal :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Okay, so I'll be working on my character soon, everyone else please feel free to post yours to.  As for history, you don't have to go into too much details, unless you want to, since mostly all the characters will have a shared background.

And, we only need one more role to be taken, and we'll be full up!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

So for male roles we have the husband, his brother (open), and one of the twins.  For female roles the wife, the mistress, one twin, and a twin's girlfriend?  If I have all that right, then yes I am definitely open to playing the brother.  I do have mixed feelings about the extra relationships forming.  On one hand, there look to be some sexy characters out there, and, also being an incest fan, would love to partake in those.  On the other, the more "free for all" this becomes, the more characterization and conflict is lost.  I suppose, as a compromise, I would be happy with some "tease scenes" with the female twin or twin's girlfriend.  Perhaps a little comfort/affection in these difficult times.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

JadenMystic

I have no problem being a tease to my uncle. :-) ;) :-) I'm going to start working on my character sheet so I can post it up soon.

kckolbe

(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kckolbe on August 08, 2011, 10:56:34 AM
So for male roles we have the husband, his brother (open), and one of the twins.  For female roles the wife, the mistress, one twin, and a twin's girlfriend?  If I have all that right, then yes I am definitely open to playing the brother.  I do have mixed feelings about the extra relationships forming.  On one hand, there look to be some sexy characters out there, and, also being an incest fan, would love to partake in those.  On the other, the more "free for all" this becomes, the more characterization and conflict is lost.  I suppose, as a compromise, I would be happy with some "tease scenes" with the female twin or twin's girlfriend.  Perhaps a little comfort/affection in these difficult times.

I actually kind of agree with this, so I'll stipulate that side relationships, other than the ones stipulate in the plot, should not be formed for a bit.  They're okay, but I don't want them to be a major part of this game.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Also, the family surname will be Welles! Just thought I should throw that out there.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

That name works.  So, am I good to start working up the character?  I am guessing the wife will be mid thirties, so my character will be near her age, perhaps the younger brother of her husband who was always a little jealous?

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kckolbe on August 08, 2011, 05:18:48 PM
That name works.  So, am I good to start working up the character?  I am guessing the wife will be mid thirties, so my character will be near her age, perhaps the younger brother of her husband who was always a little jealous?

Yup, feel free to work up a character.  The wife will be 34, and she got married when she was 18, so yup, mid thirties.  Mmm, it's up to you, on what age to make your character, but keep in mind that they would have dated before she got married, so he'd have to have been no younger than 17 when she was married.  I don't know the age of the husband character yet, so if you go with 33, than he probably will be younger.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bostonesq

I think it might work best if my brother was a little older. The husband and wife met in high school and she became pregnant just before they graduated which is why they married so young. Perhaps my brother, a year or two ahead of us in school, had previously dated her (maybe was even the first guy she was ever with). He was somewhat crushed when our marriage was announced but hid these feelings and went off to college while we moved in with her folks on their ranch and I went to work in her father's construction business to support my family.  My character is the type who would not tolerate any physical activity between my daughter and her uncle so if  anything like that develops it needs it be hidden from me and if discovered I would react accordingly. Looking forward to this!

kckolbe

But he is okay with his wife cheating on him?  ~grins~  I'll go with 35 for my character, that way you guys can have married at 18 and been wed 16 years.

Intro Thread

Bostonesq

No way...although he is 34-35, he is a throw back and believes in the double standard.

JadenMystic

Name: Amanda Welles
Position in Family: Twin
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Personality: Amanda is a drama queen. She loves to act and is one taht auditions for every play or musical the school puts on, usually getting one  of the starring roles. She's been in plays at the high school since she was in 5th grade, and has loved live on the stage. In one of her performances was where she got her first kiss...That later on led to more interesting things with that other person.

Although she and her twin brother are close, they've never fully been into each others activities at school. They definitely have made different places for themselves within the school. Hell, half the time, She thinks that the school doesn't even realize that the two are brother/sister because they don't too much alike. Only thing that gives them away as having some kind of connection is the bit of twin telepathy they've had since they were born.

(Most sets of twins for anyone wanting to know usually have some kind of level of this so I figured it would also work out for hte RP...Could possibly be used feeling what the other is doing sexually? Not sure but theres an idea we could work on with this!)

History: Her first time with anyone was an invite by a couple she was really close to her Freshman year of high school. They girlfriend wanted to know what it was like to be with both a guy and a girl. Amanda didn't see it as a big deal wo told her parents she was staying at her friend's house that week-end when they had the threesome...She LOVED being with both of them. They've let her join them off and on ever since being proud that they got to take her virginity.

MagicalPen

Name: Andrew Welles
Position in Family: Twin
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Description: See Picture
Personality: Andrew, unlike his twin Amanda, is not an attention whore at all. He likes to play things quietly as it draws less notice to his actions and keeps him out of trouble. He's sometimes been the first person to move in on a new girl or a recently broken up one while all the other guys make a lot of drama and noise about 'oh, that girl is so hot...I'd hit her...'. A smooth-criminal, if you want to say.

Of course, being a star athlete draws a lot of attention from girls, especially cheerleaders and the other good looking athletes. He's quietly hooked up with a dozen or so different girls, not always public knowledge. Many of them would be unexpected of course. But thats the way he likes it. Secretly, he has also had a few affairs with girls who have been dating other guys though his greatest and most secret conquest was the quiet (but hot) school librarian.

History: His first time was with an older woman - the 26-year old school Librarian - whom he had a secret relationship with, and is still on-and-off with. Its purely physical between them and she has taught him many things about pleasing a woman.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Bostonesq on August 09, 2011, 05:31:15 AM
I think it might work best if my brother was a little older. The husband and wife met in high school and she became pregnant just before they graduated which is why they married so young. Perhaps my brother, a year or two ahead of us in school, had previously dated her (maybe was even the first guy she was ever with). He was somewhat crushed when our marriage was announced but hid these feelings and went off to college while we moved in with her folks on their ranch and I went to work in her father's construction business to support my family.  My character is the type who would not tolerate any physical activity between my daughter and her uncle so if  anything like that develops it needs it be hidden from me and if discovered I would react accordingly. Looking forward to this!

I'll respond to your PM, I opened it, got distracted, had to reboot my computer, and forgot to go back to it, sorry. 

Everyone else, there is a character sheet up, please use that.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Sarah Morgan

Just to let everyone know, I'm definitely still interested in this game, but I'm currently having Internet issues at home at the moment.  Check my A's/A's for details.  I'm at a friend's house at the moment, and I'll do my best to get transportation up as much as I can, but posting might be limited to a couple of times a week, at least until our Internet gets fixed.  If this is okay with everyone, I'll work on my character the next time I'm here, but I don't want to keep everyone else waiting on me.  I'll go by whatever the GM's think is fair to everyone, and if I have to, I'll just read along.  This sounds like a fun and interesting idea though, so I'm hoping I can still participate.

kckolbe

Sorry, but I don't have the patience for that.  ~grins~  Just kidding.  I'm lookin forward to working with you.

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Yeah, I'm okay with having this game take a longer start up than usual, since I'm not in a hurry to have it begin right now, so take your time Sarah.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Bostonesq

Just let me know when you want to get this started.

MagicalPen

Still here as the Male Twin as well.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JadenMystic

I'm still here too as the Female twin. :-)

Sarah Morgan

Thanks everyone.  It looks like I'll be able to get a ride up to my friend's house on Mondays and Fridays, and possibly Saturdays, so it looks like I'll be able to post a few times a week, if everyone's okay with that.  I'll try and get my character done today too, so that we can start whenever everyone else is ready.

Sarah Morgan

[IMG padding=5] Christine Randall

Name: Christine Randall
Position in Family: Girlfriend of Andrew to start.
Sexual Orientation: Bi-curious, but as yet only has experience with guys.
Personality: Christine is generally a kind person, except when someone tries to insult or bother anyone she calls friends.  She prefers to avoid situations where there can be conflict, trying to act as peacemaker when she can, while still doing what she has to in order for herself to be happy.  She's not one to show a quick dependence on others, but isn't conceited or arrogant either.  An overall nice and caring person.
History: Christine has had a fairly normal childhood, although one big exception to the normal rule is that her parents have stayed together, while a lot of her friend's parents haven't.  She's grateful for the fact that her parents have stayed together, and wants the same relationship for herself when she eventually decides to settle down and start a family of her own. 

She's been a good student, enjoying school and not giving her parents any trouble, like a lot of teenagers would.  She accepts the limits they've set for her, and generally doesn't complain about their reasoning for letting her do certain things and not others. 

She met Amanda at an audition, and eventually met Andrew through her.  She thought Amanda was pretty, and thought the other girl might be a bit more interested in her than mere friends, but before she could work up the nerve to ask if her hunch might be right, she and Andrew started dating.  Things went good for a while, but lately she's noticed that he seems to be preoccupied, and makes excuses to avoid spending as much time with her as he used to.  She's lonely, and doesn't know what to do about it, or what she might have done wrong.

OOC:  Hope I got the picture put in right, and let me know if the bit of background info on how she and the twins met is okay.  I can change things, if it's needed, or if someone has any suggestions for improvements.

kckolbe

Picture didn't load.  I like the feel of her though.

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

I like your character writeup Sarah!  Now all we need is everyone else's.

And I see the players taking the Twins spot's edited their post's to fix their layout lol.  Should have told me, because I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been looking back for something. 

Also, since Beguile's is the only one to have turned in a character sheet for the Mistress, she get's the spot.  Although saying that, I also like her getting it because the character writeup was awesome :D
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Beguile's Mistress

Here is the character sheet for the mistress.

Name: Massey Griggs
Position in Family: Husband/father’s mistress
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Description: 5’6” tall, slender, curvy and toned; dark brown hair; hazel eyes; tanned

Personality: Massey is bold, seductive, amusing and intelligent.  She started out with a belief in herself and humanity and lived her life that way until Halton Griggs married her and taught her men were not to be trusted.  Almost overnight she turned from an altruist, giving woman into one that put herself first and kept her eye out for anything that would improve her situation.

History: Massey was married to Halton Griggs and divorced after 8 years.  She grew up middle-class but moved into a higher social strata on marrying Halton.  There was a mansion, limousines, sports cars and high-end fashions and jewels in her life but she also had an education to fall back on.  She earned a bachelor’s degree in business and had begun managing a boutique almost out of college.  In fact, that is where she met her ex-husband.

Halton Griggs was wealthy, one of the wealthiest men she had ever met, and the minute he walked into her shop Massey had fallen for him.  It was mutual and the two were married within a few months.  His social set was surprised and horrified but within a year Massey had proved she was devoted to Halton and a perfect match for him.  That was until his affair with his personal assistant’s daughter led to divorce.

Massey’s demand for a divorce had played into her husband’s hands but when she realized he’d do nearly anything to get rid of her Massey got her revenge by bleeding the bastard for everything she could.

The settlement allowed her to have a personal trainer that came to the condo three times a week to supervise her workout in the well-appointed gym in her complex.  The training session was usually followed by a slightly more strenuous and private one in her bedroom.  Thanks to her constant vigilance to exercise and diet Massey had the body of a much-younger woman.  Now she went after any man she wanted and she was currently involved with a married man who was the father of teenaged twins.

MagicalPen

For clarification, at which point are we starting this story? The son and the fathers mistress are also locked in an affair if I am not mistaken.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

undisclosedtoyou

Well, technically, it's up to you all.  I have no real preference, since I'm happy, as long as it leads in the direction I want it to.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Also...

*Snugs the BM for putting her character info up!*
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Beguile's Mistress

What if...  After the story has a little time to develop the son discovers his father's affair, follows him and then plots to meet the woman.  He might have the idea to break things up but she has a different idea?

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on August 26, 2011, 09:05:59 PM
Also...

*Snugs the BM for putting her character info up!*

*smiles*

kckolbe

I think it has potential, though it doesn't really concern my character.

Intro Thread

MagicalPen

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: MagicalPen on August 26, 2011, 09:07:32 PM
Works for me.

I +1 this idea.  It would make for some interesting reading!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: kckolbe on August 26, 2011, 09:07:00 PM
I think it has potential, though it doesn't really concern my character.

I like the idea of helping each other out in a story like this if we need it.

kckolbe

I am a big fan of ooc collaboration.  I only added the disclaimer in case you weren't sure who I was playing or if my character would be involved.

Intro Thread

Beguile's Mistress

Quote from: kckolbe on August 26, 2011, 09:11:42 PM
I am a big fan of ooc collaboration.  I only added the disclaimer in case you weren't sure who I was playing or if my character would be involved.

You're the husband's brother, right?

I wouldn't rule anything out if I were you. >:)

kckolbe

Actually, perhaps we should meet, though with less enticing results.  Such an encounter could lead to several plot bunnies.  ~hugs BeMi~

Intro Thread

Beguile's Mistress

*grins*  We as in brother and mistress? 

kckolbe

That was the intent when I posted, but...you doin' anything right now?

But yeah, I think that seeing a man who is both his brother and the husband of a woman he cares for dearly cheating on him could be a worthwhile scene.

Intro Thread

Beguile's Mistress

That's something to think about, seriously.  The title is "Complicated Affairs" after all.

kckolbe

Indeed.  Just trying to put the complications on par with the affairs.  ~chuckles~

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

I just wanted to let everyone here know that from Sat evening-Sun evening, I will be offline, it's just a heads up :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Sarah Morgan

So far I like the plotting that's going on, even before the start of the game.  I like the brother seeing the husband and the mistress too, I think it adds an interesting angle to the story.  Maybe he could be the one who tells the wife what her husband is doing?

By the way, here's the picture again, and hopefully it'll load this time.  Someone do me a favor and let me know if it works.

Christine Randall

JadenMystic

Love the pic you chose, Sarah! Totally hot!. :-)

kckolbe

Damn she's hot...and yes.  Glad you like the plotting, as I am a fan of it.  Watch out, though, or I might start plotting with you...

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

I just noticed that the age listed for the twins are 17/18, their supposed to be 16 in this game, so if it's not too much trouble, an edit is necessary.

I'm working on my character bio now, expect it up tomorrow.
Also, Sarah, hot picture!

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

Christine looks a little older.  Perhaps she is older than 16 by a few years?

Intro Thread

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kckolbe on August 29, 2011, 08:04:47 PM
Christine looks a little older.  Perhaps she is older than 16 by a few years?

The parents have just had their sixteen year anniversary, and it's mentioned in the first post of this thread, that the Twins would be 16.  If those playing them, really want their characters to be older, than they'll need to PM me to discuss it, and than I'll have to change a few other characters ages as well.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kckolbe

Christine is the girlfriend I thought.  She could be any age.

Intro Thread

Sarah Morgan

Thanks for the compliments on the picture, everyone.  I actually can't pick out pictures myself, as I can't see them, but it's a picture that another GM chose for me in another game.  I asked her for the link, so that I'd be able to use a picture for my characters, just like everyone else can.  The character in my other game is around 22, but someone I asked about it said it could work for someone who was a bit younger.  Maybe I should have our GM look for another picture though?

Speaking of pictures, I'm assuming that said picture wouldn't be one you'd show your mother?  In other words, not work safe?  From the description of it I got, I didn't get that impression, but I'm hoping my ISP didn't decide to block our IP from the Net because of my use of the picture.  I'm not sure if they can do that, or if they're allowed to monitor what I write and send, but I'm hoping not.

And, feel free to plot all you want, Kolb. 

Sarah Morgan

True, she could, but I don't know what someone out of high school would be doing with a 16-year-old boy, or girl.  Anyone else have any thoughts?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kckolbe on August 29, 2011, 08:15:33 PM
Christine is the girlfriend I thought.  She could be any age.

I was thinking about the twins, the girl friend can be older, although perhaps not too much older.

It should be mentioned that I'm not very on my game right now.  I haven't had very much sleep the past...er...three days or so, due to pain not allowing me to sleep.  So if I write something that doesn't make sense in context, feel free to to question me about it, so I can clarify it.

Quote from: Sarah Morgan on August 29, 2011, 08:18:15 PM
Thanks for the compliments on the picture, everyone.  I actually can't pick out pictures myself, as I can't see them, but it's a picture that another GM chose for me in another game.  I asked her for the link, so that I'd be able to use a picture for my characters, just like everyone else can.  The character in my other game is around 22, but someone I asked about it said it could work for someone who was a bit younger.  Maybe I should have our GM look for another picture though?

Speaking of pictures, I'm assuming that said picture wouldn't be one you'd show your mother?  In other words, not work safe?  From the description of it I got, I didn't get that impression, but I'm hoping my ISP didn't decide to block our IP from the Net because of my use of the picture.  I'm not sure if they can do that, or if they're allowed to monitor what I write and send, but I'm hoping not.

And, feel free to plot all you want, Kolb. 

The picture is just fine, and is completely safe for work, since she's properly dressed, and not showing much skin, outside her arms, neck and face.  And it can work for someone younger, since some teenger's look a hell of a lot older than I do these day's *Grumbles about that.*

Also, they can block your IP from the Net?  Are you at work, a library, or using a communal internet connection?  Otherwise, I can't see why anyone would monitor what you do online.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Sarah Morgan

I don't know for a fact that's what happened, I'm only guessing.  I'm probably getting way paranoid and conjecturing stuff that's probably not going on, but it just wouldn't be a good idea for my roommates to find out about my writing on here.  She's dealing with a lot of stress right now, her husband having just been buried, and right now especially isn't a good time for her to find out I'm doing writing on an RP site that's mainly adult-oriented.

I'm only thinking that they may have cut off our IP address because none of the computers that are connected to our router are able to connect, except for one.  That one just happens to be an old laptop that one of my roommate's kids used to use for school, and my mind has been conjuring the possibility that somehow the old IP address that he used to use to connect was somehow stored in memory, and that's how it's getting connecting to the Net.  I'm not on any public computer, it's through my house, but there are several computers hooked up to a router, including my laptop, although that's hooked up through a wireless router using an XP computer of mine.  Like I said, I'm probably just being paranoid, but it's the only possibility I can think of that makes sense.  I'm hoping it's nothing though, and that by calling our phone company who also giives us Internet service isn't going to get me into trouble.  Not something I need, especially now!

undisclosedtoyou

First off, I'm sorry to hear about your roommates situation.  Mmm, but yeah, it sounds like an interesting situation you have there.  I hope it works out for the best for you, and that you don't get into trouble,
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

MagicalPen

I am still here! Still w.o power from Irene, which pushed internet install date back to Sept 8th :( Might be able to get on briefly each day until then by going to friends house, but that involves taking dad out here too. complicated to say the least.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

kckolbe

Chick-Fil-A has great food and free internet. 

Intro Thread

MagicalPen

Chik-Fil-A has no power for either :( 20,000 person town is still without power right now.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

JadenMystic

Sorry to hear you got hit by Irene. Glad to hear your safe tho, just dealing with no power and internet. Stay safe, and know we'll be here when you get back. Love ya twin! :-)

kckolbe

Oh wow.  Well, fuck Chick-Fil-A then.  ~smiles~

Intro Thread

MagicalPen

Hit us during the night. very little damage in town really. More so trees down everywhere. By the area that provides the power for the town was apparently flooded. As was the backup generator. Damage etc. So we've been with out power since 6:30AM on Sunday Morning. Internet was supposed to be installed on Monday, but with no power they can not install. So rescheduled to Sept 8th, which sucks.

Ironically, I am sitting literally 6 miles down the road. Power and internet at friends house. Only here for a little bit, and not everyday so...

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Bostonesq

The Boston area fared much better than expected since that bitch Irene decided to head for the mountains of MA and Vermont...only lost power for 12 hours and my cable modem got fried. I did not know there was Chik-Fil-A in NJ..thought that was more FL and other parts south. Good luck getting back in business. 

undisclosedtoyou

I'm glad to hear that people are safe!  And take your time, we'll definitely be here for you when your regular internet is back.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

So the Character Thread can be found HERE.  Feel free to post them up.  But remember, the twins should be 16, not 17 or 18.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Sarah Morgan

No worries for my part about the limited Internet situation.  Take your time, and like others have said, we'll be here when you get back.  I myself just got the Internet back today, and I was right in being paranoid.  It was a simple matter of a couple of cords somehow having been switched around and being plugged in where they weren't supposed to, and once we got them switched back everything worked fine.

I'll get Christine's character sheet with picture up right now, and glad everyone here in this game who's dealing with effects from Irene is safe.

JadenMystic

Is this RP still a go or what?

Sarah Morgan

I was wondering that myself.  It would be a shame if it's not, because I was looking forward to it.  I know I'm still interested, so here's hoping our other players check in and we can get things going.

kckolbe

I am waiting for a char sheet from undisclosed or boston.

Intro Thread

JadenMystic

Have you sent a PM to the two to find out if they're still interested in this one?

kckolbe

Nah, still on vacation so kinda good waiting. 

Intro Thread

Bostonesq

Hi all.  I am definitely in and thought we were waiting on "Dis" to fill in some details. I will put up my character profile but it may not be until early next week since I am traveling  as of tomorrow and work seems to be getting in the way today!

Beguile's Mistress

I need to move my profile to the other thread, I think.

undisclosedtoyou

The hold up is entirely my fault this time.  I had my character sheet pretty much completed, than it was erased...yeah pissed me off so badly. I meant to go back and redue it, but completely forgot.  It'll be done in the next few days, that's for sure.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's