The king is dead

Started by elfguy, June 19, 2012, 06:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elfguy

IC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144729.msg6519546#msg6519546
OOC: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=144730.0

The kingdom of Freeport is a vast land, home to millions of peasants and farmers, along with a major port city where many merchants and mercenaries live and work. Until recently, it was governed by King George Marbara, a kind and honorable leader who ruled honestly and tried his best to avoid overtaxing civilians or going to war too often. The realm did not expand much under his rule but the popularity remained fairly high. However, he was getting older and recently died from old age. As he did, talk in the palace started about who would replace him. At first, people thought that his only daughter, Anna Marbara, would be the one to become Queen, according to tradition. However, his military adviser Sophia Vermeer and her entourage discovered an ancient law, written ages ago, which said that if a King died without having a son, then the next ruler should be the military adviser, whoever it was. The rule had clearly been written in an age where only men were seen fit to rule, and whichever leader wrote the rule didn't even think that this military adviser could also be a girl. It was a way to prevent leaders who had an only daughter from getting a Queen next. However, this rule made the succession into somewhat of a problem.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Sophia Vermeer is the daughter of a Count, and as such she is royalty, but not anywhere close enough to normally becoming queen. However, she is also devious and power hungry, and as soon as the King died, one of her servant brought up the obscure law. Many think that she actually had tried to find a way to become Queen long before the King passed away, since she always openly disapproved with the ruling style of King George, but kept her findings secret until this time. She wants to become Queen, and herself, her family and her people, which obviously includes most of the army and important military figures, are on her side.

Anna Marbara is the daughter of King George, and thought that she would become Queen without any fuss or anyone questioning her, since she was his only daughter. She is a kind, somewhat timid girl, and the population loves her. Most people believe that as Queen, she would continue the same style of leadership, and as such she has the support of farmers and peasants. Most of the royal family is on her side as well, finding the old rule to be absurd and worth ignoring. However she lacks the military support, and most of the influential deciders who instead crave for a more strict and firm governance under Sophia. (note that the picture is left blank on purpose)

Both girls have people supporting them, and now the kingdom has no leader. A solution has to occur. Perhaps it will be a political solution, perhaps an underhanded deal, an assassination, or even civil war. Nobody knows how this will end.

So for this RP I will be playing Sophia, and I need someone to play Anna, then everyone else to choose a side. You can be a close friend, associate, family member, etc, you just have to support one of the two potential rulers. I'm hoping this story will be highly action oriented with intrigue and politics. Basically if you've seen the TV series the borgias you know what I mean.

Character sheet

Appearance:

Name:

Side: (Sophia or Anna)

Personality:

Bio:

Ons/Offs:
----

Belisuavious

I'd be interested in playing as a young noble who supports the Ann, if anyone shows up to play her. I'll have a character sheet up tonight after work.

elfguy

Well that's a start.. we need more now.
----

LaOnomatopoeia

Seems pretty interesting.

I can take Anna, since there isn't a high volume yet. Is there anything I should know? Any hurdles to jump or labyrinths to explore?

If so, could I get the details? If not, I can create a sheet.

TheHangedOne

I'd be interested as well; would the princess require a bodyguard, per chance?
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Belisuavious

Character sheet

Appearance:

Name: Richard "Rick" Dallier

Side: Anna

Personality: Richard is a very sarcastic man. His time growing up at the border of the kingdom had given him little respect for the many of the more pampered nobles, and his time at the Academy only worsened his perception of them.

Bio: Growing up in a small castle on the frontier of the kingdom, Richard grew up living a life that seemed to be a blend of yeoman farmer and minor lord, helping to bring in the harvests every year while also having the wealth to own his own horse and the leisure time to practice with weapons. His father sent him to the Academy when he was 16, in order to learn all manner of things that a nobleman should know, from fencing to the finer arts of poetry. In practice, Richard only went to some of the lessons and spent the rest of the time split between drinking, brawling and chasing the pretty ladies for most of the next two years.

He matured later, and became something more of a gentleman, learning the lessons he was supposed to and spending much less time in the taverns.

Ons/Offs: Richard is fairly Vanilla in his tastes
As for myself, I'm turned off by scat, water sports, gore and vore. Just about everything else I would be willing to try, though if I'm not ok with it, I'll let you know.

elfguy

Bodyguards work fine, sure. Basically it's going to be 2 sides trying to get their chosen one to become Queen. There's no pre-set plot, we just move the story based on what each character does.

I'll try to find a floor point for the castle. This is where I imagine most of the RP will be happening.

Feel free to post char sheets! We'd need a couple more to get this started.
----

Ekatrinae

I was wondering if there's any other races allowed, or is it human only? I was thinking maybe Sophia's servant/bodyguard, a sword maiden of sort.

LaOnomatopoeia

Character sheet

Appearance:

Name: Anna Marbara

Rank: Princess, and future Queen no matter what Sophia says.

Side: Marbara

Personality: Years ago a bratty noble's son had called Anna spoiled. This caused her to burst into tears and run to her father for comfort. She is not spoiled, not at all, things just... come to her. She's never known anything but to have what she wants. This said, she's never once thrown a tantrum and has stonewall patience. Anna prefers to think the best of everyone and has a solid belief that cruelty has to be willed.

Bio: (expanding from above) King George was a good man who instilled the same virtues to his daughter. A kingdom does not need to be expansive and bloodthirsty to prosper. Agreeing with this, Anna concentrated nearly all of her education in economics and foreign relations, with a healthy dose of courtly manners. Occasionally she paused to learn the natures and reasons for spies, but she prefers not to use them. It's underhanded and just plain rude. She took fencing lessons for one afternoon, but her arm hurt so much afterwards that she decided she would depend on the loyal military and soldiers to defend her if needed. Of course now she sees how foolish that thought was.

Ons/Offs: (Anna) Sex never had much interest in her, she's much too busy... all right, that's a lie. Being a king's daughter did not lend much personal freedoms, sex included, so any interest she has had in it has been limited to books stealthily stolen from the library and watching the servant men and boys from afar.

(self) https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=35904

TheHangedOne

LaOnomatopoeia, would you be interested in a player as a dedicated bodyguard for Anna?
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

You can use any race that would make sense in a 'fantasy / medieval' setting, but no magic, and nothing too far out like demons or the living dead. But elves or dwarves could do.
----

LaOnomatopoeia

QuoteLaOnomatopoeia, would you be interested in a player as a dedicated bodyguard for Anna?

I, LaOnomatopoeia, have no qualms against it, though I'd default that question to elfguy. He is Lord of this domain, and the Anna side seems a bit heavy as well.

elfguy

I don't mind, we only have 2 players so far. I would like 3-5 people per side for this.
----

TheHangedOne

Awesome, I will try to come up with a character over the weekend.
Check out my poet tree!

Ekatrinae

-canceled

elfguy

The problem there is that the kingdom was ruled in a just and good manner.. we wouldn't find mass exploitation of elves going on.
----

LaOnomatopoeia

And that's why the Marbara line is clearly the most suited for ruling. You hear that, Sophia??

Occident

May I volunteer to be Lord Chancellor or Lord Chamberlain?

AngelicBlade

Would you have any qualms with me being a younge merc/soldier under Sophie's command for a good amount of time?

elfguy

----

TheHangedOne

Appearance
Name: Henrik Raubriter

Rank: High military standing, bodyguard to Princess Marbara

Side: Anna

Personality: Cold and dispassionate, stalwart and stoic, but the word that most fits him is loyal. He executes his orders without mercy or delay. Rumors say he'd kill his mother for a pocketful of gold, but the people that say that don't understand an important thing about Henrik: He fights not for gold, not for glory, but because he believes in the ideals of King Marbara. His passing has not done anything to lessen Henrik's commitment.

Bio: His father before him was a guardsman, while his mother was nothing more than a humble miller's daughter. But, the two loved each other, and they showered him with that love and nurturing kindness.

However, as he grew older, his father became very strict. He instilled in the young Henrik a sense of nationalist pride, and devotion to the King.  He also instructed the young lad, from the time he was able to hold a sword, in the art of fighting.

When he was old enough to do so, Henrik enlisted, where he performed exemplary; undoubtedly due to the vigorous training exercises, and perhaps it's even genetic, given that his father was fairly formidable.

He served as a guard for several years, before going to an officer's academy, where his precociousness served him well yet again. He graduated as Salutatorian of his class; despite coming in second place, however, the King himself picked him out to be the guardian over the  princess.

It's been three years since he took the position, and he does not regret it. Though his position has largely been one of honor, being that their kingdom was so safe, he took it seriously; in his spare time, he continued to hone his skills with a sword, and a crossbow. Some call him the "Whirlwind blade", because of his aggressively agile fighting style, which focuses mostly on evasion, and striking at weak points.

Now that the King has passed on, and Sophia has begun to make her moves, he has become acutely aware of the danger the Princess is in. He rarely leaves her side; the only times he does so, are when she is, for instance, bathing; or when she sleeps, in which case, he is often standing guard at her door.

When he, himself, needs to retire and rest up, he has two two hand-picked generic guardsmen to take over for him, one of whom is his father, and who shares the rock-solid love of the King, and desire to see the Princess ascend the throne.

Ons/Offs:
ONS: Nothing in particular
OFFS: Mutilation, vore, watersports, toilet play, anal or oral penetration
Check out my poet tree!

AngelicBlade

Appearance:
Name: Zaineth

Side: Sophia(May change later)

Personality: A quiet and somewhat distant person. He's very respectful to his commanders, but he will leave their command if they order things that go against his morals. He is easily annoyed by people he finds to be Naive in their points of view, he also has a deep love for nature and wolves.

Bio: His father was the leader of a well known mercenary group called the Freeport Wolves. Zaineth's was a lower ranked noble who ran from an arranged marriage straight into Zaineth's father. After a few months under his care the two feel in love and a few years later had a child, Zaineth. After Zaineth's third birthday his mother passed away from fever and his father found another woman whom he actually married and seemed to love more than Zaineth's mother. He was treated as an outcast by his father after his younger brother was born four years later.

After becoming an outcast to his father he started his training with the Freeport Wolves, and even though his father seemed to hate him his men did not. Zaineth began training with the wolves when he was fourteen and at the age of nineteen his father had sent Zaineth into the wood and was told to survive there for three months. Zaineth barely survived his time in the woods. On the last week of the three long moths Zaineth was attacked by a very large black wolf, he killed the beast but discovered a white wolf pup by it's body, and he took it in and cared to it. He returned to the Wolves to discover his fifteen year old brother was to be the next leader of the Wolves.

Zaineth was disgusted by his brother and his softness, his brother had no training or skills for leadership or combat, not like Zaineth did. He did however respect his father's wishes and accepted his brother as leader. Zaineth's father passed a year after naming Zaineth's brother the next leader. Zaineth was given his father's blade while his brother was given everything else. His brother, hating him, sent  Zaineth on the hardest missions and jobs. This hardened Zaineth over the years as well as making him distant to those around him, not wanting to get close to people he figures may die soon. After the late king's death the Wolves sided with Sophie and so Zaineth joined he cause.

Ons/Offs:

Ons: Nothing specific
Offs: Gore, Vore, Scat, Waterboarding, and other generally repulsive things.

-----

Let me know if this is okay, I'll modify if needed.

elfguy

Both seem fine!

Hopefully I would like to start soon, but so far I count 2 on Sophia's side and 3 on Anna's side.
----

AngelicBlade

You're playing Sophie correct? If so then it'd be 3 and 3. :P

LaOnomatopoeia

Quote from: AngelicBlade on June 26, 2012, 08:47:30 AM
You're playing Sophie correct? If so then it'd be 3 and 3. :P

elfguy may not be including Kyra the horsegirl in the count. However, I could be wrong.

elfguy - if you're not counting her, I could play as a second character, if you allow that.

TheHangedOne

I'm doing a last minute posting, and I deeply apologize if I didn't get here before, or even if I did, but I will be moving on the 28th.  I don't know when I'll have internet access, unfortunately.
Check out my poet tree!

elfguy

Quote from: LaOnomatopoeia on June 26, 2012, 01:14:41 PM
elfguy may not be including Kyra the horsegirl in the count. However, I could be wrong.

elfguy - if you're not counting her, I could play as a second character, if you allow that.

She couldn't work the way it was posted. It would need to be modified at least to work.

As for playing two characters, well I would hope we could have enough interest for at least 3 v 3 but...
----

Ekatrinae

going back to original idea then.

Name: Kari Silverleaf
Allegiance: Sofia
Title: Knight Maiden

Raised in a monastery as an orphan to unknown parents, Kari has been taught in the ways of knighthood and martial arts from a very young age. Showing great physical aptitude even before her teenage years, she was always noted to be taller, stronger, than companions of similar age. Arriving to adult age, she was a master of the blades, and selected to become a Knight Maiden; these were specifically chosen female knights who were assigned for mission the protection and servitude toward a chosen noble lady.

Knight Maiden like Kari traditionally wore heavy armors that protect mostly the upper portion of their body, making them an impressive sight. However, much of their body remains exposed as well, a proof of their faith and defiance toward their enemy. Their crotch is protected by chastity belt which key they handle to the lady they must protect, as a symbol of loyalty. Their armor set is rarely ever removed except for hygiene and it is rumoured they even sleep in them, giving them an aura of mystery as their face is rarely revealed underneath their felmet.

Mentally, Kari is fairly naive and innocent, having been raised in a very modest manner. She is not used to riches and luxury; her only life so far has been the perfection of her body as a weapon. She has seldom been exposed to the general population, and although she has been taught to respect the lord as much as the commoner, she also knows herself to be very much so different from the general population - and even the common soldiers, knowing she was very much so special. Her exposed body attracts glare she finds mostly amusing.

She has only recently been assigned to Lady Sophia, only slightly before the death of the late king, and has yet to fully know the noble lady fully.

Belisuavious

So is this still going on?

elfguy

With the new profile now that's 3 on each side. If you guys think that's enough I could start the IC today.
----

Ekatrinae

sure I'd be eager to start.

AngelicBlade

Belisuavious

LaOnomatopoeia

I'll add a 'me too' in this!

elfguy

----

elfguy

The group has started but only barely, basically right now we could use more people on either side. Check out the opening post and post if you want to join!
----

Marie Reynolds

Hmm i would be interested in this  i would possibly like to play Anna's God father, Was maybe a old childhood days and maybe during the turmutoulus times of the establishing of Anna's father  ideological society and after all the victories her father had, her God father  gathered trusted agents from whom he served with in the more violent times of the kingdom and while Anna's father was the noble warrior his childhood friend respected what he stood for that he would do all he could to protect the royal family from ever having to soil their hands with handling the things that may lurk in the shadows of any kingdom despite how bright the light shown. So he dedicated his life to serving as the crowns secret police and before the war was a commoner but in time became a landed title bearing member of the court. He believed it was his duty to the kingdom  and those that have been embraced as his family. (Think of a Lawful evil character much like Ashrem from record of Lodoss war) I hope this is cool with You elfguy and LaOnomatopoeia.

elfguy

I think the role is open, you would have to talk with the one playing Anna too.
----

LaOnomatopoeia

That seems like it'd fit with the lore of the world. Anna is okay with it!