Quick Start 1-1 Ideas

Started by madmaemarch, November 10, 2014, 09:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmaemarch

Greetings to Newbies and Seasoned Ell-ites alike!

I originally made this thread while I was waiting in approval limbo, but I wanted to keep it up with a few non-adult ideas even now that I have been accepted. I'm usually not one for giving such specific concepts, but I kind of wanted to make these super quick to jump into without much pre-play negotiation for anyone who may still be waiting on their approval. I know it can be hard to negotiate specifics when you don't have access to the message system.

Before you get into reading the pitches/concepts before, let me point out a few things that are true of each concept.

• All of these are focused on romance and the surrounding circumstances; not sex; and as such must -as stated by the rules for this board- be pg-13 or milder. I am not opposed to continuing them in an adult format later if the story should work itself in that direction, but so long as they are on the Non-Adult board, that is how they must stay.
  • They are all designed to be 1 on 1, forum post, single shot, short story roleplays. Once again, I wanted these to be quick and easy to jump into without much advanced huffle and puffle.
  • I am completely willing to play either character, so if you decide you like one of these concepts simply tell me which one, and what character you would like to play. When I know your choices I'll make a thread with the first post and put the link to it in direct reply to your response; you need only check back and click the link to find our newly started game!

Life, Love, and the Living Dead - It's been years since everything humans thought to be true of the world was turned inside out. A zombie outbreak destroyed most of civilization, but that was only the beginning. Stories passed around the few colonies of survivors talk of other creatures roaming in the already perilous world outside the walls; both terrible and wondrous. The colonies are safe enough for those willing to play by their distorted and often equally perilous rules, but they're also easy to get yourself thrown out of, or worse. Our story opens with a young woman who's just escaped one such stronghold waking in the abandoned apartment she took shelter in the night before only to find she's no longer alone. Another person, presumably human, is not only in the tiny one bedroom, but has decided to sleep directly in front of the only exit.

Meeting a Butler - This is sort of a reverse Sabrina. Roland McHugh is a young butler in training to the wealthy Dealtmoore family. When Sophia Dealtmoore, his master, Walter Dealtmoore's granddaughter from the states, arrives for a visit, he mistakes her for the nanny he assumes young Sophia will be travelling with (you see, the way old Walter speaks of Sophia leads most to believe she's only a child, when she is, in fact, fully 22 and has just graduated college) He helps her with the bags she's struggling to unload from the taxi, assuming young Sophia has already darted off to find her grandfather, and treats her as though she's another servant the entire first few minutes, only to have Lord Dealtmoore's personal butler and chief of staff scold him harshly as soon as he realizes Roland has aloud young Ms Dealtmoore to carry even two of her own bags in. This unusual greeting and casual treatment, however, has not offended Sophia at all. Instead, it's leaves her rather fascinated with Roland and determined to get him to treat her as normally as he did in those first few moments again.

Show Me The Stars - In the distant future, space travel is so easily possible that small crafts only require a handful of people to fly them without trouble. One such craft is a three man crew research vessel named the Vespucci. The Vespucci is preparing for launch when a young thief ducks into one of it's cargo containers during loading to hide from the pursuing guard. It isn't until twelve full hours into their journey that the crew finally hear the young woman trapped in the container's frantic efforts to free herself. Knowing the cost of turning back or stopping ahead of schedule, the Captain persuades the other two crew members to detain the girl rather than toss her out the airlock until they reach the next port.

That's all I've got for right now, but I'll definitely keep updating with anything else I may come up with that lends itself well to non-adult. Also, if you have a different various or similar concept that you'd like to pitch to me, feel free to message me, or simply post your pitch to me here in the replies if you're new and don't have access to the message system yet.

Enjoy, and best of luck to everyone awaiting approval!

-Mae

Corinthi

Clever plot threads, Mae. I like the brief world building on your post apocalyptic idea. Very evocative.

Eternal Eternity

Hey there! I'm also new here and I'd also want to try a non-adult roleplay in order to spend my time until I get approved. I became really fond of that "Meeting a Butler" plot of yours, to be honest ^^

madmaemarch

Quote from: Corinthi on November 11, 2014, 09:46:25 AM
Clever plot threads, Mae. I like the brief world building on your post apocalyptic idea. Very evocative.

I'm glad you like it Corinthi! Thank you very much for the kind words. Would you have any interest in playing it out with me? For as briefly or extensively as you like, of course.

Quote from: Fabs on November 11, 2014, 12:30:56 PM
Hey there! I'm also new here and I'd also want to try a non-adult roleplay in order to spend my time until I get approved. I became really fond of that "Meeting a Butler" plot of yours, to be honest ^^

Hey Fabs! I would love to start playing through that one with you. Were you more interested in playing through it as the butler or the granddaughter? I'm perfectly fine with either, so it's your choice. :) Let me know and I'll start the thread for the game and send you the link!

Corinthi

If you're still looking this weekend, I'll write a bit with you. My schedule is a little hectic during the week.

madmaemarch

Quote from: Corinthi on November 13, 2014, 07:01:32 AM
If you're still looking this weekend, I'll write a bit with you. My schedule is a little hectic during the week.

I would love to! I completely understand hectic schedules as well. I will say, I have two more or less all day write-offs for NaNoWriMo this weekend, but that doesn't mean I won't be around; just that I'll be popping in and out. So, I may not be able to sit down and do a lengthy back and forth session, but as long as you don't mind a more casual pace I can promise you replies between bouts.

If that suits you I'll gladly make up the thread today and post the link to it here for you (as I do not yet have access to the messaging system).