Somewhat sci-fi superpowered story (Female lead wanted)

Started by Pauper45, December 19, 2010, 09:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pauper45

I was thinking of a story where a guy and a girl mysteriously manifest superhuman abilities and take solace in each other (despite their very diametrically different families, backgrounds, social groups etc.) and learn how to control their new abilities together.  Soon, a romance blooms... just in time for a third (female) character to come in who generally just wants to kill and maim and be a general douchebag with their powers.  They work together to defeat this super-powered enemy with each getting the other's back.

The guy and girl would get different powers that are opposites in some ways, like fire and ice, telepathy and super strength, and their personalities would match this difference as well.  Really, the key theme here that bludgeons you over the head is "Opposites attract"

On a technical aspect, the powers' origins will not be explored in this story.  Mysteriously, people just get these powers, such as the main characters, and the villain who would be probably older and very experienced in using his powers for destruction.  If you wanted to continue the story, maybe make a series of stories, we could do that and explore the powers a little more than.  Maybe even get more adult if/when I get approved...

The guy would probably be a "Good old boy" who's never gotten in trouble and obeys his parents etc. while the girl is a bit of a rebel.  With a tongue ring (my own preference).  The personalities and power sets are subject to change, dependent on if you have a really good idea.  The characters should be about 15-17, still in high school.  This would be a bit of a time commitment, as I want a full on, in depth with acts, character exploring, story here.

If interested, please post a description of your character here.  This is gonna be really fun.   ;D

Pauper45

Aileanna

I wouldn't mind giving this a try! Where would it be set?

Name: Aeryn Wright
Orientation: Bisexual, but has found that her relationships only ever last with men.
Height: 5'6"
Body type: She is slim, but not lanky, and rather toned.
Hair color: An unnaturally bright crimson, though surprisingly not dyed such, (She has, however, added black highlights) Aeryn's hair is choppy, the longest strands reaching barely to her shoulders. Her bangs usually veil her eyes when not shoved back behind her ear.
Eye color: Hazel, but nearly always green.

About: Aeryn wasn't always into trouble as a kid. In fact, growing up she was nearly perfect. Like most, it wasn't until she hit her teens that she decided she no longer wanted to be "mommy's angel." No tragedy occurred that spurred her over the edge, unless you count middle school as incredibly tragic. (which she, in fact, does) Sick of being the naive little girl with her head in the sand, Aeryn opened herself up to every new experience she could find. Soon, "mommy's angel" had become the life of the party, and instead of prim, white dresses, her closet began to fill with tiny party skirts, tight tees, and knee-high stockings.

Now a senior in high school, Aeryn has become pretty much a loner, and is at risk of not graduating on time. She's an incredibly smart kid, mind you, but the fact that once a teacher takes a look at the stud in her lip, the tattoo on the back of her neck, or the baggy black cargos she's now wearing, they immediately write her off as a problem kid. She's incredibly stubborn, sarcastic, and hot-headed to boot-- hardened by her experiences, no doubt-- but she really isn't too much trouble.

Or, at least, wasn't.... Until everything she stared at for too long decided to combust into pillars of flame.

(of course, pretty much all of this is subject to change)

Pauper45

This all sounds awesome!  Wow, I really appreciate how much you've thought this character through (even if you had her ready before reading this thread  ;)) and even her power opens some stuff up.

It would be set in modern day, maybe in a fictional city?  I was thinking America, possibly a suburb so it's easier for them to find "alone" places to practice their powers.

Unless you have any other questions, I can start the thread.  :)

Aileanna

(: I tend to over-think a LOT. I think it comes from loving to write. Surprisingly, she isn't really based off of any of my other characters.

I like the idea of a fictional city a lot. For some reason, all I can imagine at the moment is Aeryn catching a bunch of trash cans on fire in a dark alley.

What would the guy be like? You could probably answer this and start the thread simultaneously (if you have time, that is. If not, don't fret over it!).

Pauper45

Well, its only fair that you know who you're playing with  :)

Name: Mark Hallow
Orientation: Straight
Height: 5'11"
Body type: Rather skinny, but strong legs from running.
Hair color: A short and choppy black color with some light browns that look like highlights, but are from the sun
Eye color: Brown

Mark Hallow spent most of his life proving himself.  Being raised by his Aunt who had three prodigy children of her own, Mark worked hard to make himself stand out among them.  Finding a niche in track and keeping up with his grades, Mark did his best, but sadly that never earned him his Aunt's attentions or congratulations, as she had her own children to be focused on.  Eventually, Mark just gave up and continues his academic and athletic success simply because he knows nothing else...

Usually wearing nice "preppy" clothing that his Aunt buys him, Mark is usually in a polo and khaki pants, ignoring the snickers in the hallway that he always looks like he's about to take out the boat or hail a limo.  Nothing really matters much to him anymore.

Then one day he realized he could freeze objects on a whim... and suddenly a lot of things mattered.

To give you an idea.  :)  I'll start the thread later and post the link here.

Aileanna

Pauper45