Divine Wars[Closed]

Started by Fragile Dreams, June 06, 2009, 09:07:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fragile Dreams

Divine Wars
There was a time when some of the Gods from different countries disappeared from their pantheons. People and other deities knew nothing for this stop of existence. Nobody knew where they gone and what they did, until now. This is the story where their deeds in a different plane are explained. A strange force from beyond, going by the name Nurturer, with power much greater than the gods known, kidnapped the deities from their countries and placed them in a different plane which he created. The reason? His amusement and his never-ending lust for knowledge. He will study them, read them and then he will decide who will go back home. The rules are simple, Survive by any means necessary. Subdue your opponent in any pairing or group activity and most of all, be a God.
Basically the whole story is about different good deities from the three well known mythologies, fighting against the evil deities of the same mythologies. Every god must use what he knows best, so i expect the players who will join to some reading about the characters first.

Greek pantheon: Always lustful, always desires, the sexual activities of many of the Greek gods were questioned and marked by the other Gods. Zeus with unstable sexual urges and his addiction to pretty mortal women, always brought conflict on Olympus. Aries stealing Aphrodite from Hephaestus and Hades kidnapping Persephone, all that show how the Olympian gods were no different than common humans. Their powers mixed with their humanistic behavior will be great assets in the “Game”.

Zeus ~ Fragile Dreams
Poseidon ~ Tevan
Hades ~ kckolbe
Athena ~ trippingserpent
Aphrodite ~ SanaeDiage
Artemis ~ Risa

Norse pantheon: Fearful, menacing, fierce but wise and trustfull as well, the Norse Gods depend on war and wisdom. Cold from their birth from the ice but strong as rocks, their fighting skills as well their personalities would bring a spicy flavor in the game, as well the help to their allies. What they need though is some touch of love on them. Maybe their opponents could do something for this.

Odin ~ Black Rabbit
Thor ~
Tyr ~
Freyja ~
Skadi ~ Tankou
Frigg ~

Egyptian pantheon: The deep conscience on Death, make the Egyptian gods grim and untrusty. Their belief that Death is the real life takes them away from experiencing war and love, which exactly is the point that Nurturer took them. How they will respond in a battle of dominance and submission towards other gods? How they will fight or keep their integrity safe from their enemies?

Ra ~
Horus ~ Krule
Anubis ~ Kanrya
Isis ~ Daylily
Bastet ~ ObsidianRae
Wosret ~

The Evil Ones: These deities fought the other divinities through history, some of them changed sides in this upcoming battle after feeling the incompetence of the Gods, these deserters now seek to rule over the divinities and humans out of strong belief that is right.. In the "Game" they combine their forces to bring down their enemies and even they are few, they are stronger than ever since one helps the other with gifts and help in the battle pairings. Should they win, the Evil ones will return and claim the pantheons as their owns. Losing, would mean forever damnation and torment.

Loki ~ Frafildur
Ares ~ Saku
Set ~ Dre
Rindr ~
Hecate ~
Eris ~
Kali ~
Sekhmet ~

I know the number of people seems very overwhelming but my main idea is to have challenges between gods. Through roleplay and private messaging the challenges would take place in different threads but the groups will have their own thread to RP together.The format of the groups it will be something like that:
1. Greek Pantheon
2. Norse Pantheon
3. Egyptian Pantheon
4. Temple (Which is a place where some of the good deities, can interact with each other, no matter which pantheon they belong.)
5. Evil Pantheon
6. From here and on every thread that it will be made will be a challenge between two or more gods. Even for fighting or seduction or enslavement. I trust the players will be mature enough and discuss the story's going and not GodModing, i know you play gods but think that you fight, have romantic affairs or being bound from another god. Or even been killed by one.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Unishifter

Consider my interest checked! One thing, though: Would we be limited to the characters listed here, or could other gods get involved? I notice that the villains have a few gods from other pantheons, too. Could the "good guys" get a few guests too?

I'm not thinking of anybody, by the way, I just think it would make things a bit more interesting.

Fragile Dreams

I thought of that to be honest, but the reason i added gods from other pantheons in the villains is to make them more. If we add more Gods to the other side then the number i think goes way off. Even now i think the number is too large.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Myrleena

I'm interested, in Hecate in this case.

HairyHeretic

It may make no difference to you, but the Valkyries weren't Goddesses, and wouldn't be anywhere near the same power levels as the Gods / Goddesses. If you're looking for a third female for the Aesir, what about Hel or Sif?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Fragile Dreams

I know they weren't Goddesses, but i wanted to add their battle skills in the game, since they one of the trademarks for Norse mythology. To be honest i wanted to add the Meanads in the game but it would be too much. But probably you are right, i might change it to Sif, to have the interaction between Thor and her, although i don't know how much she will help with farming ^_^.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

HairyHeretic

I'd need to go reread the Sagas, but I don't recall the Valkyries taking much part in battles. Certainly they were responsible for choosing the Einherjar after though.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Fragile Dreams

They were. During the war with the Jörmungandr they took a small part in the fight. Basicaly they were choosing the best warriors who died in battles and carried them to Valhala.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

kckolbe

Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Fragile Dreams

I'm talking with a player right now that expressed interest for Hades earlier. If things don't turn out well, i will PM you. Do you know anything about Hades and Greek Mythology?

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Fragile Dreams

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

GrinningHound

I will play Loki, my favorite mythological diety.   ;D

Saku

I would totally love to play Ares if he's not taken. I love Ares, he's my favorite xD :)
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Fragile Dreams

Hhhhmmm I hope you are not going to make him like the Ares in Hercules series ^_^

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

GrinningHound

Areeeeeees!

Great, we have a man god for me to fight!  ;D

Hmmm....how much of a total dick should I make Loki?   O:)

Tankou

I was thinking of playing one of two different gods. Personally Bastet was my first thought but the possibility of Play one of the Norse Nornir is a highly tempting choice. Is Verdandi a possibility in this or should I stay with Bastet?

Saku

Lol. No, I'd rather make Ares like wiki says *laughs* and spin off on my own take of how he would react and act xD *grins* I think I'll have fun with him ^^

Quote from: GrinningHoundAreeeeeees!

Great, we have a man god for me to fight!  ;D

Hmmm....how much of a total dick should I make Loki?

Right back at you! xD
I'm back!
"Times change and so must I. We all change when you think about it. We’re all different people all through our lives.
And that’s ok, that’s good, as long as you keep moving, as long as you remember all the people that you used to be.
I will not forget one line of this, not one day, I swear. I will always remember when The Doctor was me."
Ons/Offs! vs Updates! vs Requests

Rhapsody

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Fragile Dreams

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Unishifter

All right, seats are filling up fast, so I should pick someone already! I'll take Poseidon if he's still free.

Risa

I'd be interested in playing Artemis, if she's still open.

ShamshielDF

I'll take Sekhmet (though I'd love to trade her out for Eris ^_^ )
Ons and offs!
President of the CharlieSariel fanclub ^_^
A&A

Fragile Dreams

I added you all, Also swapped Shekmet for Eris, but due to her chaotic state i placed her on the evil ones. I hope you don't mind.

[tr]
[td]
[/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

Doomsday

Considering Hades, Anubis, or perhaps Rindr if you need any more Female gods.