News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Processor or RAM slowing down browser

Started by CriminalMindsFan, October 24, 2016, 10:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CriminalMindsFan

When web browser is open, which between processor size and RAM size can slow down the browser?

I have two laptops. I've noticed my browser on older laptop seems to open every site faster. The older laptop also has bigger processor, but less RAM than the newer laptop.

Based on this, I conclude that the processor is more important than RAM when it comes to browsing the internet.

AmberStarfire

There are other things that could be slowing it down too. What brand is your laptop?

Nachtmahr

I believe that a slow CPU can slow down your browser considerably, but I'm no expert.

Are you certain you aren't using a 64bit browser with a 32bit system or something like that? That could cause some issues too I believe. Some custom browsers can have occasional issues as well. Could be anything, including a bad update I think.
~Await the Dawn With Her Kiss of Redemption, My Firebird!~
~You Were the Queen of the Souls of Man Before There Was the Word~

Fenirus

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on October 24, 2016, 10:32:16 AM
When web browser is open, which between processor size and RAM size can slow down the browser?

I have two laptops. I've noticed my browser on older laptop seems to open every site faster. The older laptop also has bigger processor, but less RAM than the newer laptop.

Based on this, I conclude that the processor is more important than RAM when it comes to browsing the internet.
What browser are you using?  Browsers are really resource light mostly so I doubt it would be a CPU issue and unless you've got a lot of movies playing at the same time I doubt it's a RAM issue.  You wouldn't happen to be using FireFox would you?  I've noticed when we get close to an update (or just after they release one and you need to update) the browser will slow and freeze from time to time.