Interest Check: Superheroes Vs Villains RP.

Started by Dramen, March 04, 2010, 06:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dramen

I have an idea for a RP which would have Superheroes / Superheroines trying to keep the peace in a certain town or city. There would of course be Villains / Villainesses playing havoc with their peace keeping attempts.  Details can be suggested and worked out at a later date if there is interest in this by a few parties. I'm thinking that their would of course be fights and many possibilities for bondage and erotic interaction of any kind.

My personal preference is male v female interaction but this would be a group of males and females v another group of males and females. This could be done with many people or just a few. Just reply to this if you are interested or PM me.

Thanks!

Tydorei

TheVillain

Depends on the gender dynamics, but this could be interesting. I'm leaning supervillain.

Current Idea: Hush

Hush's power is that he's audiokinetic- he can create, manipulate, or cancel out sound with his mind. A rogue former-CIA spy, he went into the business for himself as a hitman. So yes, he's most certainly a villain in that he's one of the best assassins that money can buy. But he also does have a code of ethics; like no kids, no "kill the whole family to send a message" jobs, no cops unless they are crooked, and no capes unless they're crooked. So he doesn't do evil for the lulz, he does it because he's being paid- if shit is reaching "we're all going to die!" levels he may even chip in a few freebies because it's his home too. And let's face it. Nine times out of 10 if someone is willing to pay an expensive hitman to kill you, it's because you've done something that deserves it.

As for his personal life, he's all about the fast cars, good whiskey, steak, the benjamens, and beautiful women. Rumor has it he's a womanizer of simply staggering proportions- one who is rumored to particularly enjoy figuring out the identities of heroines and getting them to sleep with him in their civilian identities.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

NosCorventius

Rather interested. Thinking of playing either a villain with the best of intentions or a antihero depending how this falls together. I'll check in on this periodically and see if it picks up.

Niki315

A hero game would be fun ^^  I have a couple ideas for heroes or villains.  Since we've already got two villain types, I could go hero probably.

CaptainErotica

If we can keep a good ratio of male/female this could be fun. We don't even need that if we stray closer toward a more traditional supers RP. I'm thinking maybe a Green Arrow type(Ala Smallville).

Dramen

I'm liking how this looks so far... I agree if we get the right combo of people here, it could be tons of fun. 

I'm thinking maybe a higher up hero for myself right now. I always tend to lean towards a villain so that would be easy too. But a big time hero sounds good too. Have a few ideas...

Paragon is his name... he's got most of the Superman tools like super strength, super speed, flight. He doesn't have heat vision or super breath though. Basically tons of super strength and speed, with flight.

He's a younger hero but high up in the heroes... thingy... if there is a hero organization that is... ((thoughts?))

Well respected but does have a bad temper and a darker side that he struggles with from time to time depending on if the villain or villainess knows what buttons to push.

Tydorei

I was about to ask what the power range of this game would be... so... is your character as strong and as fast as super man. Or does he just have super strength and is very fast. Cause, you know... superman cannot be beaten... Can you be stabbed or shot?

As it stands Hush, the only complete app so far, can't even dream of fighting superman.

Elven Sex Goddess

I am also interested in this.   As for being a heroine or villain babe.    I can go either way as needed.   

However,  with the tag that there will be conflict between the two groups.   Free form might not be the best way to go.   So will there be a system used.  Such as Mutants and Masterminds for example. 

Dramen

Paragon is extremely strong and extremely fast and can fly, but he is certainly no Superman. I don't really want any untouchables you know? I think it best if anyone can be beaten... of course some should probably be more experienced than others and that sort of thing.

Elven Sex Goddess: What kind of system would work well with this do you think? I'll be honest. This is sort of my original post here and my brainchild but I am not that experienced in setting rules that work for group games. So what do you think?  I'm open to ideas completely.

Crud I'm just so freaking excited that there was even one reply much less this many...  :)

As far as Character information, I was thinking we could set up something for that once this moves closer to starting. I'd think there would be some type of thing like:

Name:

Original Name (if applicable _[clark kent for example]):

Powers:

Weaknesses:

Physical Stats (height and look... that sort of thing):

Bio (a brief [paragraph or so] history):

--
That's just for starters and suggestions...  any pointers or suggestions?

Niki315

If there's conflict, it comes down to the honor system.  We're all adults here, we should be able to limit our advantages and disadvantages in some way so that we don't all end up over the top and unable to do anything.  My character's going to be actually fairly weak in terms of super powers, but has a very useful utility kind of power.  She's best at dealing with minions and small time enemies and probably can't hold her own against anyone of real power.  If there's a hero's league or something, I'd probably end up being the weak link.  Like Aquaman.

Dramen

I like the sound of that. I mean any big story parts can be worked out in a planning thread or OOC thread so that there aren't any or many conflicts.

I'm thinking more a story than a game (more post oriented than rolling dice oriented in other words).

I love that character idea Niki315! Sounds great!

TheVillain

I'm going to say that in a straight fight, yes- Hush no change against a Superman-type. But then again, Hush would never let the situation get to that point. He cheats, and he knows when to just leave.

And just to make it official.

Name: Hush

Original Name: Kevin Cronin

Powers: Audiokinesis - Hush has the ability to sense, create, control, and cancel out sound with his mind. In theory there's little limits to this power, though in practice actually gathering up enough sound to make a power blast strong enough to knock a paragon out of the sky is completely exhausting to the point he'd pass out afterwards.
Spy Training - While not a power per se, Hush has been as about as well trained in spycraft as the CIA is capable of doing.
Networking - Keeping a few friends from his spy days, he has a small network of informants and suppliers just a phonecall away. Including Calculus, a super-intellegent villainous information broker that offers his services as agent/supplier/information hub/legal advisor/health insurance provider/ anything that doesn't involve him actually going out into the field in return for a 10% cut.

Weaknesses: Women. God, he just can't get enough of them. Currently STD free at the moment, but that's mostly because Calculus has a couple mad scientists on call that are more then willing to cure any disease for a fee. Rumor has it he has a complete list of his past sexual conquests somewhere in his possessions, it's over 600 names long, and includes the civilian identities of multiple super-heroines. In his defense, the encounters are always consensual and he almost always uses a condom.

The truth is not quite that macho-impressive. He is a shameless womanizer that is at the moment STD free and Calculus does know scientists that between all of them could cure every STD on the planet- that is true. Hush does keep a complete record but it's only photographic so there's no names or personal information. It is in the triple digits, which is impressive in itself, but it's most certainly not over 600. Finally, he does go out of his way to include women that live in the same area of a super-heroine that look like they could be the civilian identities of the super-heroine- but this is mostly for chuckles as he has no idea if they really were them.

Disability - His sense of hearing is tied to his psychic powers. If he's ever in a situation where he loses his Audiokinesis power he also becomes completely deaf.

Physical Stats: Thanks to his deep spy training, Hush has Olympic Athlete level strength, speed, agility, and stamina. If he competed in the Olympics he probably would not win in any metals, but he'd put in a respectable performance in any and every event he got into. Appearance-wise he's been described as "James Dean, the 50's movie actor one, if Jimmy worked out more". Handsome yes, but not quite handsome enough that the stories about how many sexual partners he's had is believable at a glance. It does however become believable when his looks are used in concert with CIA Seduction and Sedition training.

Bio: Born without many of the inner ear parts needed for hearing and the son of hardcore REO Speedwagon fans, Kevin tried to enjoy his parent's music as well by putting his hand on the speakers and feeling the vibrations. This ability to feel the vibrations soon extended to just being in the same room, then the same floor, then the same building. Completely baffling doctors, it would really get onto certain intelligence circle radar when in a moment of panic he cancelled out all sound within a wing of his school for the deaf when he was 16. Confirmed to be Audiokinetic, Kevin was recruited by a secret branch of the CIA that dealt with optimizing their use of psychics. The branch collapsed after the CO was revealed to be using his psychic assassins on his political opponents as well as genuine threats to the American people, and Kevin went into business for himself with the only real friend he had from the secret CIA branch- a super-intelligent hacker and information broker codenamed Calculus. Ever since then he's been one of the best assassins money can buy- and definitely the best that still calls his parents on weekends.  :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Dramen

Name: Paragon

Original Name: Daxon Kleig (personal friends call him Dax)

Powers:
__Strength: He has the strength to bend solid steel. This is his foremost and                      strongest power. He can also take more damage than a normal strength human male.
__Speed: He’s not as fast as a bullet but extremely fast. It’s equal to about three times normal speed.
__Flight: He can fly as fast as he can move on the ground. He’s not fond of flying all of the time but it has it’s uses.
He can also take more damage than a normal strength human male. It runs along and is equal to

Weaknesses:
__Temper: His temper has been known to get the best of him as he has some roguish tendencies. If a villain or Villainess knows what buttons to push they can get him off of his game.
__Burnout: If he uses his powers too much over a long period of time, Paragon gets extremely tired. At that point he is slightly weaker than a normal strength human male. It comes on his suddenly and if it happens at the wrong time can be devastating. Most of the time it isn’t an issue because his strength and speed allows him to end fights quicker than his powers burnout. But it has happened. Once in this weakened state, it varies how long it lasts. If he is able to rest and recuperate his strength it won’t last more than 15 minutes. If however he is attacked while weakened, it can last much longer.

Physical Stats:
Paragon stands at 6’2” tall and has a muscular build. His is not a body builder’s physique but lean strong muscles. Facially he has been told that he is beautiful by a select few. While most don’t agree with that, the consensus would be well above normal. He wears various styles of tight outfits most with black in the coloring. They all have a thin armor weave within the fabric that helps protect.

Bio:

Daxon Kleig was born to middle class parents and cruised through a normal first few years of life. At the age of 10 he started showing signs of being significantly stronger than other children. No one had an explanation for it but young Dax over time would grow into a super powered teenager. He started fighting injustice at school as he grew older and from there evolved into what he is today. To this day he doesn’t know where his abilities came from exactly. There are only rumors of previous members of his family that had similar gifts but nothing concrete.

Once an adult, Dax took the name Paragon and officially became a Superhero. He is proud of who he is and doesn’t even wear a mask. Most of the people who grew up with him knew he had special powers anyway. So Dax figures there is no sense in hiding his face.
He has been extremely successful and at the age of 31 is considered one of the top heroes anywhere. The only thing that nags him is that his temper still flares up and gets the best of him from time to time. That is something he tries to work on.

Dramen

Those are two good examples of what would be a good character sheet I think. I guess we can just post it here until we get enough to move it forward. We might have enough already. Is there a certain number you need?

Black Orchid

Add me in, I love a good superhero/Villain RP, I, of course, will be a villain—I never really liked the do goodies—my character will be female, and a villain, so add my ratio to the board. I'll post up a profile later when one is made, I just thought I'd leave myself a little reservation. Shall I use the profile format above?
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.

TheVillain

@Dramen - Personally, as long as there's at least as many women as their are men all together I don't care.

@Black Orchid - Why not?  :P Go for it.

Dramen

Sure black orchid.... sounds good to me...  yours sounds like a character that would work well.. 

@TheVillain: So where would this be do you think? Human big groups_NC? I'm really so new at this part of it. I'm up for getting it started as soon as we can. Of course people can still join up when it's started I guess.

Edit: I think at this point we have one or two more girls than guys. It's at least pretty close. That works with me.

TheVillain

Small groups, big groups is earned when a group game has over 1000 posts all told. And if you plan to toss in rape into this game you put it in NC. I personally don't plan to, though if someone wants to for story I won't argue. At the moment, I'd say Bondage: Human Small Groups- though it really depends on what every else wants to.

WyzardWhately

I love supers stuff.  I'd personally really like to play something similar to a Green Lantern type character.  It gives him the option of having lots of entertaining toys at his disposal.  He should probably be a bit more of a vigilante type than an ultra clean-cut hero, though.

If we were going to use a system, I'd recommend Truth & Justice.  It's substantially simpler than M&M, which I think is very important when not everyone is a real system-person.  And it allows for social or other attacks, which I think is pretty important.  If (to use an example above) someone had a weakness for women, then flashing some skin at him would actually be a viable combat tactic.
Look!  I have an ons and offs list now!  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13580.0
It's still really sketchy, though.
Here are my dice rolls: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/player/WyzardWhately/

Trinity

I might be interested in this, depending on characters, setting, ect.

TheVillain

Well, good thing I'm here then. Heh.

*Golden Touch*

CaptainErotica

MURPG (Marvel Universe RPG) is another good game system to use for PbP. It's diceless and pretty easy to learn. If we want to try it I can help people with the system. The only major downside I can see is that creating characters would delay the start of the game.

I'll have my character bio sheet done up sometime today.

Dramen

Can you explain a little about the MURPG for those of us sort of new to PbP RPs like... like me :P?

I like the sound of no dice. But I'd have to hear more about it to know for sure...

Black Orchid

Aw... systems... I really hoped for a free form, as a newbie to systems, I'm sure you can smell my disdain. I've played systems before (small, and very unorganized) but it makes me feel a little restricted and bites at my creative flow. I guess I'm willing to learn, if someone would elaborate on how this whole system would work...
Such a lovely garden of Orchids; just be wary of the black ones...
O&O of a Flower

When to Bloom and When to Wilt.