I'm looking to put together a team...

Started by OHWceta, February 17, 2013, 04:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OHWceta

... A team of loyal RP participants. I mostly work with action based stories that do not center around sex. Depending on what kind of people join really depends on just how much adult content is in my RPs. I'm not a Novel writer so in general my posts generally fall into 1-3 paragraphs long, though short posts can occur in action-heavy scenarios that require a quick action from one or more of the RP members.  Anyways, that's my general RP style, feel free to ask questions.
     -Now onto what kind of RPs I'm looking to start, Right now I'm only listing concepts, if I get enough people interested in any of the following ideas I'll set up an actual Thread for the RP so members can negotiate more specific details.:

-------------------------------------------------------

Arcade Universe Style - A more mature oriented game based off concepts used in Wreck-It-Ralph (Game Jumping, Glitches, ect), I'll open up suggestions for game worlds that will appear in the actual Interest Check Thread. https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166521.0

Kingdom Hearts - Mostly OC, brief encounters with canon characters. Involves a group of Keyblade knights.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=150998.0

The Matrix - Continuing on after the film trilogy, Morpheus is looking for Neo's successor. I will be playing the role of Smith's re-incarnation, I will allow one of the players to take on Neo's role.

Wizarding School - Can be Potterverse or OC, my plan is to portray the rise of a Dark Lord and how he changes throughout his years at the school and what becomes of his friends.

End of the World RP - Can take place before, after, or during the end of the world. Before would be the events leading up to the end of the world, ending when the world ends. After would be the small groups of survivors struggling to rebuild what's left of the world after the catastophic event. During would be the characters trying to survive as the world falls apart around them. Also optional More realistic style or more mythical, an example of Mythical would be similar in fashion to Evangelion or Wolf's Rain; while realistic (as much as I hate saying this) would be more like 2012, The Day after Tomorrow, and Seeking a Friend at the End of the World.

Shipwreck or Plane Crash Survival Story - If a shipwreck then the events leading to the sinking, the sinking of the ship, then surviving on an island until they can be saved. The plane crash would likely just be the struggle on the island.

War of the Gods - A God makes a grab for power to become supreme God, this sparks a war between them which the humans get caught in the middle of as they fight one another to represent their patron Gods.  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166358.0

Soldier Recruit Story - A Team of recruits are going through basic training when their base is attacked, pulling them into a war they're not ready for. (I'm thinking Halo, Mass Effect, more Sci-Fi style than modern or historical)

Busou Shinki - If you're not Familiar with the figure line by Konami, it's similar to Angelic Layer in the concept of small robots used for combat. However Busou Shinki are also able to serve a variety of tasks off the battlefield. The main characters will be the Busou Shinki themselves, with their owners playing small roles in the storyline. Players can play as Busou Shinki who have their own master, Busou Shinki without a master, or they can belong to another player's master if that player agrees, and players can also of course play as masters. Multiple characters are encouraged with no limit to the number of Busou Shinki, but there's a limit to 1 master per player. My idea is to play off the smaller sized characters and how they interact with human-sized objects as well as relationships between each Busou Shinki with one another and their relationship with their masters.
-Here's a list of Pre-made characters in the Busou Shinki Line for ideas, Players can pick from any of those listed (changes to color, clothing, and other alterations allowed and encouraged) or they can be a complete custom-built Busou Shinki of your own design.  http://www.fanmode.net/2007/10/09/busou-shinki-sets/
I'll include more information in the individual interest check thread.

Ceta, the One Hit Wonder - This is a story about a former assassin who once did the bidding of an evil tyrant tracking down his former master to make him pay for his crimes and undo the bloody world he helped create. Takes place in a fictional world, 1870's technology wise.

Shrapnel, Wanted Dead or Alive - A Gunslinger winds up in a small town on the outskirts of New Keph City (A fictional town in the story). Fighting to protect the people who once saved his life from bandits, he begins to realize he is the source of their problems. The design for this RP is to be very wild-west styled as far as laws, rules, and honor codes resemble, but takes place around the 1940's (more noticable with small details like No TVs, Radios being the main media; cars will be more like older models. The world, being fictional will have some advancements in technology that were not even close to being developed in the 40s such as a Robots, advanced protsthetics and one character building a rocket to go to one of their moons, these will be more steampunk in nature however.
Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.
http://roleplayparadiseii.forumotion.com/forum.htm

Silk

With the soldier recruit story one that interests me most, have you ever played a game called Valkyria chronicles?

OHWceta

Can't get enough of RPing? Check out my site, it needs members, all are welcome.

Silk

Here's the plot from the wikia from 1

In 1935 C.E., the continent of Europa is dominated by two superpowers: The autocratic East Europan Imperial Alliance in the east and a commonwealth of loosely allied democracies known as the Atlantic Federation in the west.[11] The economies of both powers depend on a precious multipurpose mineral called Ragnite. Its growing scarcity results in the Empire declaring war on the Federation, sparking the Second Europan War.[6] The Empire uses its military superiority to quickly put the Federation on the defensive. Emboldened by their progress and momentum, the Empire decides to invade the neutral Principality of Gallia to seize its rich Ragnite deposits.
When Imperial forces launch an attack on the Gallian border town of Bruhl, Welkin Gunther, son of the country's hero General Belgen Gunther, is forced to fight for his life alongside the town watch captain, Alicia Melchiott. Together with Welkin's adopted sister Isara and using Belgen's prototype tank from the first war, the Edelweiss, they escape to the capital city of Randgriz and join the Gallian militia. Welkin is promoted to the rank of Lieutenant and assumes command of the newly formed Squad 7, with Alicia acting as his non-commissioned officer. Members of the squad initially question Welkin's qualifications due to a lack of combat experience. He quickly gains their trust and loyalty, however, with his brilliant tactics. Welkin and Alicia soon become romantically engaged.

and then the one from 2

The game's story takes place two years following the conclusion of Valkyria Chronicles, in which Squad 7 defeats Maximillian in Gallia and destroys the Marmota, ending the Second Europan War. A rebel group of dissatisfied aristocrats and like-minded soldiers and citizens calling themselves the Gallian Revolutionary Army begins a civil war to wage an ethnic cleansing campaign against Gallians of Darcsen descent.[11] However, with the intense fight against the Empire having left Gallia's regular army in an exhausted state, there is initially little to stop the insurrection from gaining momentum. Laws preventing the formation of a national militia to fight fellow Gallians force the government to deploy military academy cadets to the front lines in order to combat and defeat the GRA forces.

The world itself is semi-steampunk, such as instead of missiles you make use of anti tank "Lances" with technology mostly featuring around the world war 2 era. With some additional elements mixed in with the Valkyria which are basically long dead borderline godlike mortals which screwed over the darcsens (Racist sentiments due to the "Darcsen calamity" which they supposedly turned half the world into a wasteland, they are distinguishable through dark blue hair and eyes) and a good portion of VC2 is based around this part while 1 focuses more on the Valkyria part.

They are amazingly good games as well as animes and mangas on the series and I think they are really worth the watch.

hippyness

Many of these ideas interest me. I'll keep checking back to see what gets better decided.

Also, Valkyria Chronicles is fantastic.
Totally me in that avatar. ^_-
I need something exactly seven percent stronger than TEA!
Something I have found helpful from other partners. http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=hippyness

OHWceta

Yeah, I'll need some more people before I can make individual threads for the most popular concepts.

I was actually watching "Halo: Forward Unto Dawn" when the soldier idea came to me, though looking at info on Valkaria chronicals, the steampunkish style could work too. Though I'm thinking of focusing on a fictional world with OCs rather than basing it off a particular published universe. The ideas though are very useful while writing out a plot idea and fleshing out characters and setting.

TheFonze

Kingdom Hearts or the War of the Gods idea's both sound good to me. I once made a kingdom hearts OC for a kingdom hearts rp that was based in the time of birth by sleep, but the way he was made he could be a keyblade knight in any time period of the series but be more neutral to neutral-good. Also the main character i play with, Drake Blackwill, could work in the war of the gods idea cause he has the powers of a space-time master and can hope threw whole universes with a snap of his fingers, but not really one for fighting so he'd be more of the one of last peaceful gods in the rp.

Frelance

The Arcade Universe Style game sounds interesting to me. That movie and the ideas in Tron have always been interesting.
Evolution is an arms race

OHWceta

Quote from: TheFonze on February 18, 2013, 11:03:38 PM
Kingdom Hearts or the War of the Gods idea's both sound good to me. I once made a kingdom hearts OC for a kingdom hearts rp that was based in the time of birth by sleep, but the way he was made he could be a keyblade knight in any time period of the series but be more neutral to neutral-good. Also the main character i play with, Drake Blackwill, could work in the war of the gods idea cause he has the powers of a space-time master and can hope threw whole universes with a snap of his fingers, but not really one for fighting so he'd be more of the one of last peaceful gods in the rp.
Sounds cool. I actually have a lot written out for those two concepts, I've been toying with what worlds I'll be adding into the RP.
My Kingdom Hearts story was actually split into 3 parts. Part 1 being Several years after Sora becomes a Keyblade master, eventually Riku mysteriously vanishes and Sora goes to find him. During this timeframe a small team of Keyblade apprentices under the study of Master Seraph are also sent to guard the worlds while Sora cannot. Part 1.5 would be a prequel taking place between the events of BBS and the first game, but in a different region of the universe. (Quadrants are assigned to different groups of Keyblade masters, ex: Master Eraqus and Xehanort have a set of worlds under their watch, a different set of worlds are guarded by masters from the primary RP characters.) Keyblade Apprentice Xen, and his fellow trainees are sent to investigate the vanishing keyblade masters, the RP will revolve mostly around them as they discover the dark secret of what is really happening. Part 2 will be a sequel of part 1, uniting the cast of OCs with the cast of the Canon characters. During this RP a rift is opened between the realm of light from the realm of darkness. The heroes are forced into a great war, uniting the worlds to fight against the darkness. Unlike the main games in the series where Heartless are beings consumed by darkness, the fight this time is actually against darkness itself.

I should probably set up my Interest check again.....

I actually had War of the Gods open for a while but to many people dropped out and the RP eventually died out.

Quote from: Frelance on February 19, 2013, 09:25:21 AM
The Arcade Universe Style game sounds interesting to me. That movie and the ideas in Tron have always been interesting.

Yeah, I just got done with my 3rd viewing of Wreck it Ralph, so my muse is itching to do an RP like it....but with a few more mature themes. I saw a few fanifics about Ralph/Vanellope, which had me toying with a concept on how a kiddy character might turn older so the relationship isn't inappropriate.
Both films have similar themes in use of characters living in a digitized world so death is more like de-rezzing, data can be backed up, copied, and re-written, giving many new options to a character's death. It does lack a few key concepts which WiR has such as the old school game references like Sonic and Mario, the world jumping (I always like themed worlds with characters who match certain stereotype (WiR had the 1st person shooter, the kid racing game character, and of course Ralph and Felix from an old school side-scroller), and the Big guy protecting little girl.
Though to Tron's advantage I like how
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tron was re-written by Clu as Rinzler, which shows that the REAL villain can take a hero character and use him against the other protagonists, but has a saving grace at the end which reminds him that he's good.

Blonde

Shipwreck or Plane Crash Survival Story - If a shipwreck then the events leading to the sinking, the sinking of the ship, then surviving on an island until they can be saved. The plane crash would likely just be the struggle on the island.

War of the Gods - A God makes a grab for power to become supreme God, this sparks a war between them which the humans get caught in the middle of as they fight one another to represent their patron Gods.

I would be interested in either of those two
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

OHWceta

I'll likely do the plane crash because when we did the shipreck idea before everyone got bored with the RP because it took too long getting to the wreck and everyone spent too long just chatting onboard the ship.

@ Frelance, I modded my last post with my response to you (you posted it almost at the exact same time that I posted my response to TheFonze.

Frelance

Quote from: OHWceta on February 19, 2013, 09:30:29 AM
Yeah, I just got done with my 3rd viewing of Wreck it Ralph, so my muse is itching to do an RP like it....but with a few more mature themes. I saw a few fanifics about Ralph/Vanellope, which had me toying with a concept on how a kiddy character might turn older so the relationship isn't inappropriate.
Both films have similar themes in use of characters living in a digitized world so death is more like de-rezzing, data can be backed up, copied, and re-written, giving many new options to a character's death. It does lack a few key concepts which WiR has such as the old school game references like Sonic and Mario, the world jumping (I always like themed worlds with characters who match certain stereotype (WiR had the 1st person shooter, the kid racing game character, and of course Ralph and Felix from an old school side-scroller), and the Big guy protecting little girl.
Though to Tron's advantage I like how
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Tron was re-written by Clu as Rinzler, which shows that the REAL villain can take a hero character and use him against the other protagonists, but has a saving grace at the end which reminds him that he's good.
Ya I enjoy the idea of De-rezzing and having characters that move through out a network of computers or arcade games. Also the idea of world jumping is very entertaining as well for the same reasons.

I have a friend on here that is interested in the idea as well.

With back ups being made of characters it also reminds me off some of dnd games where you accidentally release some demon and have to try and track it down. It makes me think of some old virus being released from some somewhere in one of the worlds and starts causing problems in the games and creating glitches throughout the world.

I am really into Sci-fi and AI in general so this kind of thing tends to catch my interest.

OHWceta

I would never have guessed...... you avatar threw me off    O:)

I think I might get to work on a few of the individual threads, try to recruit some more people with the interest checks.

Frelance

Quote from: OHWceta on February 19, 2013, 03:09:05 PM
I would never have guessed...... you avatar threw me off    O:)

I think I might get to work on a few of the individual threads, try to recruit some more people with the interest checks.
haha, I had not looked at my avatar for a while. I had to take a look at it after reading your post haha.
Okay I will keep my eye open for the thread. My friend will join once the interest thread is up and I send him a link.

OHWceta

I'll also post links here on the first post.

I'll add links as I flesh out the RPs. (gradually because I don't think they'd like it if I just posted like 8 RP interest checks at once)

Frelance

Quote from: OHWceta on February 19, 2013, 04:06:27 PM
I'll also post links here on the first post.

I'll add links as I flesh out the RPs. (gradually because I don't think they'd like it if I just posted like 8 RP interest checks at once)
Okay sounds good.

OHWceta

War of the Gods is up!
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=166358.0

I'll likely work on my arcade universe game next.

Then the Soldier recruit story.