Under the Bright Lights of Vegas - (Anita Blake world game)

Started by Aiden, February 06, 2013, 11:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Sorry if this is a silly question, but what year is the game currently being played in?

edit: Found the answer to my own question. xD

doodasaurus

This might be a silly question, too, but is there space for a RPIT agent in the game?  ;D

LunarSage

Quote from: Dancing flower on February 09, 2013, 12:30:11 PM
Sorry if this is a silly question, but what year is the game currently being played in?

I think we're going to start in January or February of 2013 when we start it up again.

Quote from: doodasaurus on February 09, 2013, 12:41:24 PM
This might be a silly question, too, but is there space for a RPIT agent in the game?  ;D

I'm not a GM but I don't see why not.  Josi and I play the only two RPit agents currently in the game and we'd love some company.  Final say is of course Aiden's.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Aiden

Quote from: LunarSage on February 09, 2013, 02:12:30 PM
I think we're going to start in January or February of 2013 when we start it up again.

I'm not a GM but I don't see why not.  Josi and I play the only two RPit agents currently in the game and we'd love some company.  Final say is of course Aiden's.

Give or take a few months, IC we had some were pregnancies we want to see delivered to full term before picking it up. But we will be in the first half of 2013

Quote from: doodasaurus on February 09, 2013, 12:41:24 PM
Yep, we have room for more RPIT agents.

Flower

Not sure if anyone else found this but I found this link helpful. :)

Flower

Claudia Defoe
Orientation: Heterosexual although she does occasionally partake in women
Identity/position: Vampire

Eyes: Bluish Gray
Hair: Dark Brown
Height: 5'6
Appearance: Claudia enjoys to dress up in all sorts of dresses throughout all types of seasons. Both of her ears are pierced. She has no tattoos.

Likes: Money, sex, winning, beaches, libraries, old books, trains, cemeteries
Dislikes: bright lights, the smell of cigarettes, suppressors, needles, men in uniforms
Talents: Projecting emotion/sense
Character Traits: cunning, intelligent, playful, opportunistic
Personality: Claudia can be describe in the manners of a cat. There are times when she can simply vanish in a crowded room to learn more about those around her then others when she enjoys the lavish attention of men and being at the center of parties. She hates restrictions, and will not obey them if a way can be found to get around them without risking her own neck.

History: Born to Daphne Belan, Claudia was the third of five children, not including the two who did not live past their first year of life. Her mother was the prized possession of Mr. John Deflax, a wealthy plantation owner of both the cash crop cotton. Claudia was also the child of Deflax even though he never claimed her with anything other than a hard, cold stare. Being of mixed blood, her skin was lighter than her siblings, and she had finer hair. These features were both a blessing and curse since it garnered more attention from the wrong sources but it did keep her from doing the most difficult of tasks out in the hot Mississippi sun. For a time until she was about eight, Claudia served as a companion to the youngest daughter of the Deflax family, Sarah, after her chores were completed. The girls were close friends with each other despite attempts to pry them apart by Sarah's mother. It was under her young mistress's hand that Claudia secretly learned the ability to read and write along with a few other tricks the young girl learned under her tutors. When she was given the extra duty of being companion to Sarah, her time with her own family became even more limited and a small gulf spawned between them. Her siblings were under the impression of her being treated better than them. Her elder sister wanted her to take greater and greater risks with stealing but it was only Claudia who suffered the brutal punishments for  taking what would have only been feed pigs. Soon enough, all but her mother stopped speaking with her but even then she only received brief and quick responses. She was dubbed a traitor.

Upon turning twelve, Claudia's figure turned from the being shaped like a think and unyielding stick to curves not needed to be shaped by the crushing bones of a corset. Sarah  tried her best to help her friend hid these changes but it was not long before Claudia's half brother, Darwin, began to harass her more than usual. In the past, this was usual with hitting her in the face or being cruel without fault but now, he touched with purpose when she curled unprotected in her bed. Again, her role changed although she was still companion to Sarah but at night, she also serviced Darwin even though his touch disgusted her. Her friendship with Sarah came to an end one night when she came upon a grisly scene at the barn involving her fiancee. It was clear Claudia did not enjoy what was happening to her but some bonds could not be repaired. Sarah joined her mother in hating the young slave. After being lashed as punishment, Claudia was sold to another plantation owner on the other side of the Mississippi who was known for his  cruelty. It was a death sentence. Her father seemed to have gained a heart, not wishing to kill his own flesh and blood despite lack of attention all her life.

Three nights into the journey, the caravan taking sold slaves to their new owners was assaulted. At first, she thought it was the rumored freedom fighters slaves did not dare even whisper about but it turned out to be something far more dangerous. Creatures, who the elders called Sasabonsam , appeared out of the darkness. The transporters were easily overpowered. Bound and defenseless, Claudia tried to run but she was captured by the fiend. It did not take long for her to realize he was a blood sucker. His eyes glowed with what she perceived as madness while their teeth appeared sharper than a knife. Even though she was already being sent to death by the Deflax, Claudia had no desire to die so she fought took and nail against him. Being nothing more than a human, she lost, and her blood was drained to the brink, but at the last possible second, Claudia was released then being forced to swallow thick, metallic blood. The nights that followed was a blur. She was taken out of the country into the European nations. It was the first time she ever experienced any sort of freedom. Her new master although he did not like for her to call him as such was kind and gentle. An old man in a young body. Yet, even she could see his unhappiness. They spent thirty years together as nothing but companions until her master ended his life after growing tired of the endless repetition of life.

She lived a quiet life until the dawn of the 1900s when she craved more excitement so she came out of her confines to enjoy what she considered the New World. Soon her thirst for newness brought her back to American shores. It did not take long for her to find the scene of California to her liking. Throughout the years, she has kept her opinions of various vampire affairs to herself, ensuring to play both sides under her fingertips without actually choosing. Claudia has found no reason to speak of her past origins before meeting her maker. Money gained over the years allows her to live a relatively relaxed lifestyle although there are some nights when she enjoys too much in the cards at the table.

LunarSage

I love the thought you've put into that character, DF!  :-)

Flower

Aiden

Given this game a final bump for which will end in about a week so I can work plots for new an existing players.

meilimiao

I am a fire; you're gasoline.  Come pour yourself all over me.
Open for play, if you like what you see.

Caela

Aiden, that new avi is just...disturbing for some reason! lol

Aiden

Caela

Quote from: Aiden on February 14, 2013, 08:39:50 PM
Don't fuck with the Lions!

That's not what I get from that avi! He looks like he can't chew his meat properly, makes a girl wonder if it might not be time for a younger, more virile lion to take things over!

~smirks and runs off~

xPeachyPuff

Leonie Rayne

Orientation: Heterosexual.
Identity/Position: WereLeopard //

The Appearance

Eyes: A bright blue.
Hair: A light, light blond; almost white.
Height: 5’3”.
Appearance: 1. 2. 3.
Were Appearance: 1. 2.

Beyond the Image

This is what I have so far, not much I know. (:

-xSRx

Caela

It's a start, I look forward to seeing how you fill out the rest! :)

Haloriel

LunarSage

Haloriel

* Haloriel pounces Lunar before realising is trap.  She eats cookies anyway.

Aww man ...

So about this game.  I already know Anita's world very well.  Is there anything that already exists in abundance character wise?  You guys know I am always going to ask that.

LunarSage

Hehe my diabolical trap worked!   >:)

Just so you know (I don't know if Aiden already said this in this thread), Anita and all the canon characters from the books do not exist in this game's world.  We use the setting but not the characters, if that makes sense.

Well, we could use a little of everything, honestly.  We have a good number of PC tigers but playing a tiger is so fun...  ;)

The wolves could use more numbers, as could RPIT and the vampires. 

Pretty much anything you'd like.

Oh if you wanted to play a witch who's already been in Las Vegas, we have a cool little coven with my warlock PC Robert Dee and Josi's witch Gretchen Thomas.  We had basically been playing that there were several others in the coven (background NPCs), but you could certainly have a character be part of that coven.  :-)

Haloriel

Oh, I'd in general presume that you wouldn't find the canon characters in a game like this one especially, more that you've taken the concepts.

Hmmmmmmmm.  I think I will bother the boss man, since he's already boss man.  LOL.

Thank you Lunar.  You're sweet as always!

Caela

~pops in and leaves cookies for the lurkers and for Lunar for being so nice and answering questions!~