Fate/stay night RP (How would it work?)

Started by Autocad, February 03, 2013, 10:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autocad

For those people familiar with Fate/stay night and/or the Nasuverse.

Obviously a F/SN-related RP will be ze awesumz!

But I'm not sure how it will work, logistics-wise.

So, interest check and discussion thread.

ExisD

I'd think it could be a lot of fun if done right, but could be very difficult to do.

First off  figuring out how you'd want master/servant pairs to work would be a very important step. The war would probably wind up getting called off/delayed a lot unless there are NPCs to fight because people wouldn't want their characters to die.

After that, I think the question of free-form or system would be next in line for most important.

Autocad

I think that PvP will be the core of the roleplay and thus all characters must be expected to die.

Having two players play the master and servant would be much more dynamic and interesting than having a single player play them both, I think.

As for free-form or system, that's a tricky one...

SpiralSpider

You're going to get different gamers depending upon whether you pick system or free-form.

I would suggest either a free-form game with a few rules set in place (like a simply die rolling system for combat) or a system like BESM.
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

VonDoom

I'd suggest the FATE system. Mostly because of the name.  XD

But, on a more serious note, I haven't looked too much into FATE myself, but I hear good things about it. It's supposed to be fairly rules-lite and story-focused.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

RSGAlex

For what it's worth, the Strange FATE variant (Keberos Club) also lets you set up differing power tiers if you want to do that too.
Signature Recreation Pending....

Downloading Drivers 1 of @*.

Please wait warmly.