Lockdown (Survival Horror and Highschool Drama Group RP)

Started by Roen, January 30, 2013, 03:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roen

Welcome to Lockdown's new request page! Due to some gender ratio problems, the ridiculously talented Caehlim and I are currently recruiting again!

For all of you that haven't heard of Lockdown, here is the concept: a bunch of high-school students, at the ages ranging from 17 to 19 (since it's fairly reliable and somewhat common to find a high school student that's been held back a year at some stage of his or her life), of the various different cliques of your common American high school. I'm talking jocks, cheerleaders, nerds, art majors and potheads/troublemakers, you can make them as typical or as original as you want, but the whole point of this concept is the interaction between them, when something else happens that threatens them all. It's prom night, the last one of the year, mainly for fresh graduates, and they all get locked inside. Something is happening, some horribly insidious threat that has been brewing on school grounds for quite some time now, and they quickly find out that they need to find some way to work together in order to survive.

It's a horror RP, the best kind of horror: Survival Horror. I wouldn't want to spoil it for you, but I'm talking about some sort of a monster survival horror, something like Alien, Dead Space and Nightmare at the Teachers' Lounge, that's what you're looking at. But the most important part, as in any other horror creation, is the interaction between the characters. These are teenagers, different types from the same school, some of them are friends, all of them know each other, or have heard rumors and misconceptions about each other, some of them are 'sworn enemies', with all that high-school drama that teenagers are best at.

Now, the game already started, but we'll have no problem adding you in right now, but it has to happen NOW. What we're looking for are players that would play MALE students, and can post at least once a day (the game is at a quick posting pace, and we prefer active players). We don't care if you're a guy or a chick, but we need you to play a male role, to even up the gender/orientation ratio.
We're currently looking for one more, but could go for two if we see two that we really like. As for the female roles, we will take into consideration only the players that have already posted at the previous request thread.

Don't let the fact that the game already started to deter you, if you like this concept, have a good character and have a reasonable posting frequency, the other GM and myself can bring you up to speed in no time (:

For Your Convenience:

Come and Write with Me! (O/Os and Ideas)
Even the oldest of sights has a moment of rebirth.
-Nathan Alterman.

Ladondra

Yes please! O.O  -cough cough- Sorry..XD

I'm not one for playing male characters, but I'll continue to stand by on opening positions for the female section ^_^

I can totally understand though since there's most action going on with the girls current than the guys.
R.I.P. Mama
12/05/56-12/21/14

CarnivorousBunny

Haha, and one of the guys is chasing after NPC characters :P It's such a shame, because his abs were so beautiful, they made me forget that my character was crushing on someone else xP
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Roen

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on January 30, 2013, 06:03:03 PM
Haha, and one of the guys is chasing after NPC characters :P It's such a shame, because his abs were so beautiful, they made me forget that my character was crushing on someone else xP
They weren't NPCs when he started chasing them :p

-Nathan Alterman.

Chasseybaby

*whispers to bunny*  don't worry they are totally spray painted on... :P *runs away before king notices her rumor* please come play with us! :)

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Roen on January 30, 2013, 06:20:56 PM
They weren't NPCs when he started chasing them :p

S'true, and they are very cute girls. 
I'm not jelly at all! >_<

Chessy: My life is a lie D:
my  o&o and a&a

Ladondra

Awww...-Pet pet*  It's ok....it happens to a lot of guys XD

*sits on the sidelines and waits again* :)
R.I.P. Mama
12/05/56-12/21/14

Chasseybaby

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on January 30, 2013, 06:24:56 PM

Chessy: My life is a lie D:

Bunny... *walks back hair a mess and clothes wrinkled* I lied... they are real... *fixes bra strap and blushes* and they were awesome... o>.<o Lol

YouMustRealize

Might be up for this, been trying to wade through the IC threads.  I see "Teams", does that mean people are already paired/grouped off?

Roen

Quote from: YouMustRealize on February 01, 2013, 12:42:53 AM
Might be up for this, been trying to wade through the IC threads.  I see "Teams", does that mean people are already paired/grouped off?
Teams are dynamic and will change repeatedly during the game, we split the characters into teams cause it's more managable, and it's the way this plot is built. Hop over to the OOC, there are a couple of explainations there (:

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask either Caehlim or myself. One of us is bound to be around at any given time.

-Nathan Alterman.

Caehlim

The teams are just labeling the groupings that have already happened on their own. If someone leaves the group they're currently with and goes over to another group (which they're free to do as long as there's nothing blocking their way, like an angry coach or a pack of bullies) then we change what team they're in.

But this way, if your character is in the swimming pool scene, rather than having to read through every post and figuring out which ones are relevant, you just look for the ones with the Blue dot for team 2. We also use it to keep track of things for GM purposes.

But no one is locked into their team. We expect them to change around several times as the game progresses. Hope this clears things up, if you still have any questions about it, just ask.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.

Nighteyes8765

I'm announcing my own interest. I'll be making a male character, though I'm not sure what he'll be like quite yet. Gonna read through the premise material a little more carefully. ^_^

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Nighteyes8765 on February 20, 2013, 12:11:28 AM
I'm announcing my own interest. I'll be making a male character, though I'm not sure what he'll be like quite yet. Gonna read through the premise material a little more carefully. ^_^

Lemme be the first to say that I think that this is awesome news :)
As long as he has nice abs and glows in the dark, I will be happy  O:)
my  o&o and a&a

Roen

Lol, a body that glows in the dark won't have any affect here, unless it shines like the freaking sun xD

Thanks for jumping on board, Nighty, glad to have ya.

-Nathan Alterman.

azzmeister89

You guys do realize that theres a possability of turning this into a massive group game right? If we get enough players it could end up with its own forum but the it would need the story to continue after they survive the school.

Roen and/or caehilm, i'll send you two a pm reguarding this post when i get home

Nighteyes8765

*scribbles and makes note* Glowing abs, and massive dark. Check.

Roen

-Nathan Alterman.

RainbowRian

If theres a spot open still yet I would be game to make a Male character.  Though he would probably be a Homosexual Wiccan character. :D

Roen

Sure, Rian, there is, PM either Caehlim or myself and let us know what you had in mind :)

-Nathan Alterman.

CarnivorousBunny

Quote from: Roen on February 20, 2013, 10:16:36 AM
Lol, a body that glows in the dark won't have any affect here, unless it shines like the freaking sun xD
That sounds exciting! :)  And a lot like Stardust, haha

Glow in the dark abs sounds like a new superpower.  His costume is nothing special, just regular clothes made out of a special material that absorbs all the light, so all he has to do is lift his shirt to blind his enemies >__>

Also, welcome Rian! :)
my  o&o and a&a