Super Heroes - IC Started, Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, January 24, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Primarch

As Cold Heritage has dropped out, the game is currently made up of 1 Male & 4 Females.

I'm opening recruitment again to bring some balance to the gender ratio.

AndyZ

Roughly how many points should we expect to put into the power set for this?  I'm pondering a couple ideas.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

That's entirely dependent on the character. We already have 2 physical heavy hitters on the team however, so I'm no longer accepting characters with strength/durability being 6/7.

Darrow Huck

What about a villain? I'd be interested in trying my hand at some dastardly schemes, especially if they involve kidnapping some superheroines.

Primarch

BadBadHarvey

So no villains and no captured superheroines?! Sounds like fun :)

Just teasing...

ebpohmr

So I'd be interested in joining - here are a few thoughts/concepts using the Marvel Powergrid as a reference:

1. Grizzled Veteran, former spec ops. e.g. Nick Fury

Intelligence 3
Strength 2
Speed 2 (3 through equipment such as jetpack)
Durability 3
Energy Projection 1 (2 through equipment such as shock gloves)
Fighting Ability 4 (possibly 5)

2. Warper (think the main character from the movie Jumper)

Intelligence 2
Strength 2
Speed 7 (has to be able to visualise destination)
Durability 3
Energy Projection 2
Fighting Ability 3 (incorporating warp ability to strike from unanticipated angles)

3. Telekinetic Tinkerer, in the vein of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen

Intelligence 5/6
Strength 2 (4/5 with telekinesis)
Speed 2 (>4 with telekinesis, 5/6 through designed vehicles)
Durability 2 (5 with active telekinesis defense)
Energy Projection 1 (5 with telekinesis, 6 through designed equipment)
Fighting Ability 3

4. Skilled fighter, e.g. Batman

Intelligence 4
Strength 3
Speed 2 (3 through equipment such as jetpack)
Durability 3
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Ability 5/6

Let me know if any of them would seem to fit, or if there is something the group particularly needs, I'll have a look at it too!

Primarch

Hey ebpohmr, we already have someone filling the role of the teams Nick Fury type, I think either the Warper or Telekinetic Tinkerer might be interesting.

AndyZ

Blanking on any decent ideas but I'll keep thinking on it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

IC has started. Still open for recruitment.

Chaeronea

Hi there. I saw your mention that there were still vacancies for male PCs and thought I'd submit my character. I'm still working on the details of the background but basically the character grew up in a rough urban area (I'm thinking Detroit) giving him a fairly terse and cynical personality but he's still a good guy. His main power is energy solidification, able to create Green Lantern-style energy constructs at touch range, coupled with very high hand-to-hand combat skills (think  similar level to Wolverine in the X-Men comics rather than the movies). Anyway, take a look...

Name: Dylan Forrester
Nationality: American
Place of Residence: Detroit, Michigan
Personality: Dylan can best be described as 'intense'. He's quiet and withdrawn but observant, preferring to remain in the background in social situations, as he tries to keep people at arm's length. However when he does befriend someone he is fiercely loyal to them, and is capable of great affection and compassion. While not suicidal he considers his safety a distant concern when his friends or innocent bystanders are at risk. He has a pronounced distaste for those who use their authority to abuse others, and has a strong distrust of law-enforcement officers due to his experiences while growing up.

Appearance: Dylan's features are regular and fairly handsome, but marred by a scar running from the outer corner of his left eye down to the left corner of his mouth. His black hair reaches past his shoulders but is tied back into a tight ponytail. His eyes are green and intense. his skin is tanned and he has a well-defined and muscular build. Several scars mark his knuckles and numerous other scars from the fights he's been in adorn his torso, arms and legs, but these tend to be covered by his clothing. Dylan tends to wear long clothing (jackets or long-sleeved shirts over T-shirts with jeans or sweatpants), most of which is casual due to lack of money.

Codename: Swordfire
Outfit: While 'on the clock' as he wryly calls it, Dylan wears a bodysuit of quartered colours, with the edges of the coloured quarters forming an X across his torso. The upper and lower portions are coloured navy blue while the side portions including the sleeves and gloves are a slate grey. Dark boots cover his feet while a navy blue ninja-style mask conceals the lower half of his face.
Powers: Dylan's main power is the ability to create objects of solid energy of a sky-blue colour, which in combat he often uses to form melee weapons. While he has a fair amount of control over his power Dylan has to remain in physical contact with any object he creates, or it will disperse within a second (so he can create a solid energy object in his hand and throw it - like a knife, for example - but he can't create solid objects out of arm's reach.).
Intelligence: 2/ 3  (Dylan's quite smart but is only educated up to the level of a high school graduate, although he is very streetwise and savvy).
Strength: 3 (peak human, can lift twice his own body weight)
Speed: 2 (normal)
Durability: 3 (quite fit and tough, although not superhumanly so. What keeps him in a fight is stubbornness - think the action movie heroes played by Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone who get beaten bloody but grit their teeth and keep on going through sheer willpower.)
Energy Projection: 2 (can create items of solid energy at touch range and throw them, if they could normally be thrown)
Fighting Ability: 6  (equivalent of black belt or red belt in at least half a dozen martial arts and streetfighting with extensive combat experience, plus he fights dirty)

Skills: Having grown up in a rough part of the urban jungle Dylan is proficient in many of the skills people think of when they hear the term 'streetwise' - he can recognise and identify gang colours and graffiti tags that identify gang turf, has a good grasp of gang and criminal psychology and is adept at finding places which do business that the owners would rather the authorities weren't aware of. Dylan has also reached black belt level of training in a number of martial arts, both unarmed and armed. As a result he is knowledgeable about martial arts and streetfighting, although more focused on practical knowledge than the more esoteric philosophies of some of the Oriental arts. Somewhat surprisingly to some people Dylan often draws to relax and is a fairly talented sketcher.

Special Equipment: cellphone with earbuds (for music), several sketchbooks and notebooks with drawings.

So Primarch, does it seem like this guy would suit the campaign?

Primarch

He's missing a backstory, and fighting ability 6 seems excessive for someone so young, but perhaps the backstory will explain that.

Ramael

I have vague keeness for this game, as my superhero thirst hasn't been quite slaked.

I don't really mind what powerset my character has as it's all about the personality and story really, so what do you need/ideally would like to see? I usually stay away from telepath-types as it throws up too much chance of metagaming, but other than that, tell me what you need and I'll throw up a character accordingly.

Primarch

Sadly IC failed to take off in this game. I'm called it closed.

ebpohmr

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 11:23:12 AM
Sadly IC failed to take off in this game. I'm called it closed.

Dang it! Was working on my character application too! :(