Super Heroes - IC Started, Still Recruiting

Started by Primarch, January 24, 2013, 04:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

IC has started. Still open for recruitment.

Vague Title, I'm aware. But I don't have a massive amount of ideas formed just yet. Only that I want to start a team of super heroes in a OC world. Ideally this team is the first of their kind on this incarnation of Earth, perhaps even not properly a team yet. I'd like to RP out a mix between the Super heroics and the day to day lives, be they the persons real life or if the real mask is put on when they go back to being Joe Normal. 

As you can probably guess, I'm very open to ideas. While the game proper is intended to be about a group of special people coming together to become something greater then the sum of its parts if there's an interest in it I'm certainly not against someone taking up the role of someone that represents a military or government arm, be that a 'Nick Fury' type or a 'James Stillwell.'

While I don't want to play a system game, I would like there to be something to allow us to roughly quantify the characters abilities, even something as simple as Marvel's powergrid, along with a description. Obviously.

Like the Young Justice game I'm currently running, I'd quite like to have an ongoing thread for normal team interaction. Something set in perhaps the teams headquarters or what passes for it and occasionally set up a thread set sometime later (so it doesn't interrupt) where we can come together to stop a threat, be that a natural disaster or a super villain. 

xPeachyPuff

I would be interested here (: I like the fact it's a OC world. The reason I haven't joined any Super Hero RP's is because I'm not really very versed with the Marvel or DC universes/cast.

I'd like a character who has Rapid Cellular Regeneration with something extra to make her actually useful lol. And of course, she would be able to be killed via beheading or hitting a spot in the back of her head. Of course she will feel pain just like any normal person as well.

-xSRx

Cold Heritage

I enjoy super heroes, and as such, wish to express interest in this idea. I would prefer to play a type of super hero who flies around, has superhuman strength and durability, and maybe some eyebeams.

Would the intended level of sexual content be on par with your Young Justice game?
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 04:56:08 PM
I would be interested here (: I like the fact it's a OC world. The reason I haven't joined any Super Hero RP's is because I'm not really very versed with the Marvel or DC universes/cast.

Yep yep, an OC world. We can build it from the ground up! Even if that's as simple as saying "its real world as of now, then we appear."

Quote from: Cold Heritage on January 24, 2013, 04:57:03 PM
Would the intended level of sexual content be on par with your Young Justice game?

Yes, in so much that if two (or more I guess) people want their characters to have sex its entirely up to them. I image this game will primarily be featuring an older cast, likely with their own homes and what not so it might facilitate sex a bit more.

HarleyQuinn

Mark me down as interested. Despite my name ;)

Primarch

azzmeister89

Primarch

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 24, 2013, 05:34:28 PM
I'm down for this

Cool.

It occurs to me that often with Superheroes that aren't established characters, some of the fun is finding out who or what they. Especially a late game reveal. With that in mind, would people be interested in character apps (once a template is up) being submitted & approved via PM, with versions that preserve character secrets or reveals until they are discovered IC? 

azzmeister89

MzHyde

I might be interested. I have a couple of hero characters to pick from. One magic user and one strength from the Gods Wonder Woman-type.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 05:35:13 PM
Cool.

It occurs to me that often with Superheroes that aren't established characters, some of the fun is finding out who or what they. Especially a late game reveal. With that in mind, would people be interested in character apps (once a template is up) being submitted & approved via PM, with versions that preserve character secrets or reveals until they are discovered IC?

Hmmmm. Is quite an interesting idea and I do like it! I think maybe send a full character sheet to you via PM to confirm and then possibly you could release smaller versions with less info to everyone via a character sheet or whatever? Or give us two sheets to make, a full one for you and a less informative one to post here. I think that could really work (:

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: MzHyde on January 24, 2013, 05:37:08 PM
I might be interested. I have a couple of hero characters to pick from. One magic user and one strength from the Gods Wonder Woman-type.

Excellent.

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 05:39:24 PM
Hmmmm. Is quite an interesting idea and I do like it! I think maybe send a full character sheet to you via PM to confirm and then possibly you could release smaller versions with less info to everyone via a character sheet or whatever? Or give us two sheets to make, a full one for you and a less informative one to post here. I think that could really work (:

That would be the plan. Once I've approved a character concept the player can fill in a smaller character sheet (just copy and pasting details) which will be posted to the character thread.

Is there anyone interested in playing someone in the role of a Nick Fury type? Or would people prefer to be a self-sustaining/self regulated hero team?

xPeachyPuff

Awesome~

Well, what direction did you want to go with the RP? More in the Avengers style or did you want to start with some people just finding out about their abilities? Could be like an X-men Evolution RP where they all attend the same college/school or something along those lines and someone comes along and tells them of their abilities. Someone who wants to help them while they still try and live a normal life.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 05:45:07 PM
Well, what direction did you want to go with the RP? More in the Avengers style or did you want to start with some people just finding out about their abilities? Could be like an X-men Evolution RP where they all attend the same college/school or something along those lines and someone comes along and tells them of their abilities. Someone who wants to help them while they still try and live a normal life.

Well my inspiration would be closer to Avengers more so then X-Men evolution (and Ultimates more so then Avengers).

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 05:50:09 PM
Well my inspiration would be closer to Avengers more so then X-Men evolution (and Ultimates more so then Avengers).

Alrighty, that's cool. Did you have a particular age range you'd prefer to see?

And I think it's probably a good idea to look for a Nick Fury-type character then.

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 24, 2013, 05:51:38 PM
Alrighty, that's cool. Did you have a particular age range you'd prefer to see?

And I think it's probably a good idea to look for a Nick Fury-type character then.

I didn't have much in mind of an age range beyond being adults. My own character will likely be between his late twenties & mid thirties.

AribethAmkiir

Put me down for this game. 

By "Nick Fury" type character, you're asking for someone to play a "military" type who can pull the characters together and organize them? 

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 05:52:52 PM
I didn't have much in mind of an age range beyond being adults. My own character will likely be between his late twenties & mid thirties.

Awesome (: Thanks for answering my questions, haha!

-xSRx

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 24, 2013, 05:57:09 PM
Put me down for this game. 

By "Nick Fury" type character, you're asking for someone to play a "military" type who can pull the characters together and organize them?

I was hoping you'd spot this game. I just sent you a PM in fact.

But yes, some 'military' or government type whom seeks out these amazing people from all around the world. Could UN, or a representative of a particular nation.

Primarch

I've gathered interest much faster then expected, I'll get a character sheet up soon.

While for now we can assume the team as a whole might not know each other very well, individuals might know each other.
So if people want to organize connections to each other, or offer a relationship position they might like filled. You could.

For now however, it might be worth just listing some a couple of words and/or examples of a character type you are interested in playing.
Myself for instance:

Powerhouse Outsider, the heavy hitter that doesn't quite fit in. Eg: The Sentry, Dr. Manhatten, The Plutonian

xPeachyPuff

Sounds like a plan, though I'll wait to see other peoples characters before I make any relationship arrangements with anyone. (:

Words to describe my character.....Uhm...Well her powers are going to be Animal Mimicry as her main ability. (As long as it's alright, of course.) With a side of a Healing ability of sorts. (Again, as long as it's alright when I present my character sheet.) Go-getter party girl who doesn't take things seriously until the last minute. She'll be very much ruled by her emotions; I think that would describe what I'm going for.

-xSRx

azzmeister89

Well if it helps my character will be chilled out, go with the flow and rather softly spoken but can easily loose control of his emotions, he prefers calm enviorments just in case. His powers will be all about wind

Cold Heritage

The flying brick, a powerhouse who fights for what he believes in and to protect those who cannot protect themselves. e.g. Marvel's Thor, heroic iterations of Hyperion, Invincible, Mr. Majestic

Primarch

Character Sheet:

Name: Character's real/civilian name
Age: Character's age, in the event of someone younger then they look, please list real age and visual age
Nationality: Character's nationality
Place of Residence: Location character is currently living
Personality: Character's personality

Appearance: Character's physical appearance, image ideally (photo or suitably realistic artistic depiction, or as appropriate for non-human looking individuals. In the event of using more then one picture, please place 'main' image and any others in spoiler tags

Codename: Character's 'hero' name
Outfit: Character's costume/attire when operating as a vigilante, written description or appropriate image
Powers: Characters powers, fill in details below based on this scale followed by fleshed out written description to give the details
Intelligence:
Strength:
Speed:
Durability:
Energy Projection:
Fighting Ability:

Skills: Any and all skills the character has been trained in or naturally occuring benefits, such as genius level intellect (and in what field)

Special Equipment: Any equipment the character brings with them on a regular basis

Backstory: The characters backstory

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Outfit:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[i]Intelligence:[/i]
[i]Strength:[/i]
[i]Speed:[/i]
[i]Durability:[/i]
[i]Energy Projection:[/i]
[i]Fighting Ability:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Special Equipment:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 06:52:28 PM
Character Sheet:

Name: Character's real/civilian name
Age: Character's age, in the event of someone younger then they look, please list real age and visual age
Nationality: Character's nationality
Place of Residence: Location character is currently living
Personality: Character's personality

Appearance: Character's physical appearance, image ideally (photo or suitably realistic artistic depiction, or as appropriate for non-human looking individuals. In the event of using more then one picture, please place 'main' image and any others in spoiler tags

Codename: Character's 'hero' name
Outfit: Character's costume/attire when operating as a vigilante, written description or appropriate image
Powers: Characters powers, fill in details below based on this scale followed by fleshed out written description to give the details
Intelligence:
Strength:
Speed:
Durability:
Energy Projection:
Fighting Ability:

Skills: Any and all skills the character has been trained in or naturally occuring benefits, such as genius level intellect (and in what field)

Special Equipment: Any equipment the character brings with them on a regular basis

Backstory: The characters backstory

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
[b]Place of Residence:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Codename:[/b]
[b]Outfit:[/b]
[b]Powers:[/b]
[i]Intelligence:[/i]
[i]Strength:[/i]
[i]Speed:[/i]
[i]Durability:[/i]
[i]Energy Projection:[/i]
[i]Fighting Ability:[/i]

[b]Skills:[/b]

[b]Special Equipment:[/b]

[b]Backstory:[/b]

Will PM you a sheet for my character asap (:

-xSRx

Primarch

This is a sample character to show the difference between what you might send me & what might be posted to the character thread

Full version

Name: John Smith
Nationality: British
Place of Residence: London
Personality: John Smith is a swell guy, but prone to drinking. He'll have your back in a fight but is as likely to be paying prostitutes to dress up as various female villains in Britain. Flesh out further for a full and proper personality

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Codename: Captain Well-Hard
Outfit:
Captain Well-Hard wears a suit of riot armour under a brown duster jacket. A black mask conceals the entirety of his head, he also wears a beret.

Powers:
Intelligence: 2
Strength: 3
Speed: 3
Durability: 2
Energy Projection: 0
Fighting Ability: 6

The Captain's body was enhanced when he was struck by a lightning bolt caused by cosmic rays entering Earth's orbit. This has expanded the effectiveness of his bodies muscles.
Healing Factor: Short of losing a limb, John can heal from just about anything within 24 hours. He also has reduced need for sleep and food.
Muscle Memory: The Captain's body 'remembers' much more easily then the average person, thus he has managed to learn many martial arts to a high degree (including Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu) within just one year. His muscles also require much less effort to keep in top condition.
Enhanced Mind: The Captain's intellect is rising and no longer forgets anything. His mind has created its own archiving system so as not to become overloaded on information.

Skills:
Martial Arts: The Captain is a black belt in Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu, he is also a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do and a very proficient boxer.

Educated: The Captain has a degree in engineering.

Special Equipment: The Captain always carries a tranq gun, a grappling hook, a lockpick set & smoke bombs on his person when operating as "Captain Well-Hard."

Backstory:
John Smith had a very topsy turvy life. Although born to a relatively poor family his father made a small fortune by the time John was five, but lost almost all of it by the time he was ten. In school and his social life he was a textbook definition of mediocrity. Later on he attended university and got through just barely. He obtained his powers while dogging with a prostitute when he became distracted by a strange cloud formation, he went to examine and was struck by a red lightning. 

In early 2012 Captain Well-Hard appeared on the scene when he foiled a robbery. Soon enough others started to appear in Britain, but not using their powers for good. The Captain has seen them all to prison.

character sheet version

Name: Unknown
Nationality: British
Place of Residence: Unknown
Personality: The Captain is a swell guy. He'll have your back in a fight/ Flesh out further for a full and proper personality

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Codename: Captain Well-Hard
Outfit:
Captain Well-Hard wears a suit of riot armour under a brown duster jacket. A black mask conceals the entirety of his head, he also wears a beret.

Powers:
The Captain's body was enhanced when he was struck by a lightning bolt caused by cosmic rays entering Earth's orbit. This has expanded the effectiveness of his bodies muscles.
Healing Factor: Short of losing a limb, John can heal from just about anything within 24 hours. He also has reduced need for sleep and food.
Muscle Memory: The Captain's body 'remembers' much more easily then the average person, thus he has managed to learn many martial arts to a high degree (including Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu) within just one year. His muscles also require much less effort to keep in top condition.
Enhanced Mind: The Captain forgets nothing.

Skills:
Martial Arts: The Captain is a black belt in Judo, Muay Thai & Kung Fu, he is also a brown belt in Tae Kwon Do and a very proficient boxer.

Educated: The Captain has a degree in engineering.

Special Equipment: The Captain always carries a tranq gun, a grappling hook, a lockpick set & smoke bombs on his person when operating as "Captain Well-Hard."

Backstory:
  In early 2012 Captain Well-Hard appeared on the scene when he foiled a robbery. Soon enough others started to appear in Britain, but not using their powers for good. The Captain has seen them all to prison.

Primarch

I've received one character (hope you don't mind if I wait until tomorrow to review, its 3 AM in my parts) and in the interest of fairness I've sent my own character application to Aribeth, if I'll be reviewing/approving all of your characters and knowing all your secrets, only fair mine goes through an approval process and at least one of you is privy to my characters full story.

For now however, I'm off to bed. For those of you still online, feel free to PM me your CS's and I'll review tomorrow.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on January 24, 2013, 09:01:15 PM
I've received one character (hope you don't mind if I wait until tomorrow to review, its 3 AM in my parts) and in the interest of fairness I've sent my own character application to Aribeth, if I'll be reviewing/approving all of your characters and knowing all your secrets, only fair mine goes through an approval process and at least one of you is privy to my characters full story.

For now however, I'm off to bed. For those of you still online, feel free to PM me your CS's and I'll review tomorrow.

No worries, it's 3AM here too :P (England.) Good night! I'll be going shortly, haha.
-xSRx

Cold Heritage

I just sent off an application character sheet to Primarch myself. Hopefully I'll hear back something positive and will be able to offer a truncated version for others.

MzHyde

I'll submit one tomorrow afternoon, as I will be at work all night.

Chreestafer

If your still looking im interested :)
id like to play someone with psychic style power, however doesnt know how to control them (along the lines of the movie Chronicle)
like where he feignts from to much power use, or nose bleed frequently

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

MaiMizzu

I think id be interested in an elemental type. Tomorrow I'll try to put together an app
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Thrasius

Yes, put me down as interested as well.  :-)

Blobbe

I am potentially interested in this, though I'd like to know what section you were planning to put it in before I commit myself or beign character work.

Chaeronea

Primarch, you mentioned that the characters are the first hero team in this world. Is the world in general aware of the existence of superhumans, like most comic book universes? Or is knowledge that superhumans exist a secret that is only slowly becoming public, like in the first season of the TV series 'Heroes'?

Are there any restrictions on origins for the characters or is it completely open (aliens, radiation-altered experiments, X-Men type mutants, and so forth) ?

What's the attitude of governments towards superhumans?

Primarch

Quote from: MzHyde on January 24, 2013, 10:16:13 PM
I'll submit one tomorrow afternoon, as I will be at work all night.

Cheers

Quote from: Chreestafer on January 25, 2013, 12:21:39 AM
If your still looking im interested :)
id like to play someone with psychic style power, however doesnt know how to control them (along the lines of the movie Chronicle)
like where he feignts from to much power use, or nose bleed frequently

Sure thing, sounds ideal.

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 25, 2013, 01:12:05 AM
I think id be interested in an elemental type. Tomorrow I'll try to put together an app

Cool stuff.

Quote from: Thrasius on January 25, 2013, 01:49:59 AM
Yes, put me down as interested as well.  :-)

I will.

Quote from: KaylaM on January 25, 2013, 05:24:34 AM
I am potentially interested in this, though I'd like to know what section you were planning to put it in before I commit myself or beign character work.

I was thinking Light Exotic Small groups (to leave us open to alien/demonic characters & enemies). I was going to say 'bondage' due to the idea of characters being captured but I think its only required for that board if its bondage sex, as opposed to traditional capture and imprisonment so we'll stick with light. If memory serves you dislike non-con situations and for what its worth, I have no, nor have I had at any point, plans for that in this game.

Quote from: Chaeronea on January 25, 2013, 06:22:56 AM
Primarch, you mentioned that the characters are the first hero team in this world. Is the world in general aware of the existence of superhumans, like most comic book universes? Or is knowledge that superhumans exist a secret that is only slowly becoming public, like in the first season of the TV series 'Heroes'?

Are there any restrictions on origins for the characters or is it completely open (aliens, radiation-altered experiments, X-Men type mutants, and so forth) ?

What's the attitude of governments towards superhumans?

1) The world at large is aware of superhumans, but thus far the number of superhumans is tiny and legitimate information on them is generally classified on a very high degree, as such they are likely shrouded in modern myth and rumour.

2) There is currently no restriction.

3) That varies depending on the Government in question..and how much control they have over their Superhuman population (which might only be a single person, if even).

On that note I'm going to stop any further recruitment, people that have expressed interest thus far by all means feel free to put together an application and send it in (or ask further questions if needs be).

azzmeister89

I'll pm you a profile shortly if i havn't missed my chance

Primarch

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 25, 2013, 09:14:20 AM
I'll pm you a profile shortly if i havn't missed my chance

Nope, not at all. Send it in.

Primarch

4 Character sheets have been generated thus far, so Character Thread coming soon.

That being said, we have enough characters now that fall under the physical heavy hitters so I'm going to close that down. So if you were considering a Hulk, Wonder Woman or a Superman, please start re-considering. Lots of room for Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine, Huntress & Jean Grey types....and much more.

MaiMizzu

Ill work on mine when I get home from work. Try to pm it to you. Uf not, then tomorrow afternoon
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

azzmeister89

omg i'm so sorry mine is taking so long to do, i'm currently stuck on writing his background, just need a little more time

Primarch

Quote from: MaiMizzu on January 25, 2013, 04:23:58 PM
Ill work on mine when I get home from work. Try to pm it to you. Uf not, then tomorrow afternoon

Sure thing.

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 25, 2013, 04:32:59 PM
omg i'm so sorry mine is taking so long to do, i'm currently stuck on writing his background, just need a little more time

Don't worry about it!

Just a heads up guys, I'll be at a convention tomorrow and Sunday, I'll try get online at some point to update this and reply to any apps/app updates I've been PM'ed.

AribethAmkiir

Hey, Primarch.

Can we get an OOC started so that we can start discussing the setting, since we're making it from scratch, or do you want that discussion to happen here?

Considering it's a setting we're creating, writing a history that isn't going to need to be changed is a bit difficult.  The least we need is some communication as to whether the world is going to be similar to what exists now or if we're going to create an entirely new world where cities like France and London don't exist, or even if this game is happening in this galaxy. 

Primarch

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on January 25, 2013, 04:45:40 PM
Hey, Primarch.

Can we get an OOC started so that we can start discussing the setting, since we're making it from scratch, or do you want that discussion to happen here?

Considering it's a setting we're creating, writing a history that isn't going to need to be changed is a bit difficult.  The least we need is some communication as to whether the world is going to be similar to what exists now or if we're going to create an entirely new world where cities like France and London don't exist, or even if this game is happening in this galaxy.

I'll set up Character thread & OOC now, where we can discuss those questions.

Primarch

AribethAmkiir

Primarch

Right, 5 people approved and good to go.

How are the rest of you doing? If anyone is no longer interested and would let me know, I'd really appreciate it.

Otherwise, I'd like to start IC in the next couple of days (Wednesday maybe) and trickle people in afterwards if they need another bit to get ready.

azzmeister89

still having trouble with my characters back story is it ok if i just put in something simple so i don't hold anything up?

Primarch

Quote from: azzmeister89 on January 27, 2013, 04:26:06 PM
still having trouble with my characters back story is it ok if i just put in something simple so i don't hold anything up?

Sure

azzmeister89

I think i'm gonna have to pull out of this one, i'm having a major block with my character profile. I hope you all have fun with this though

C ya

Primarch

Primarch

As Cold Heritage has dropped out, the game is currently made up of 1 Male & 4 Females.

I'm opening recruitment again to bring some balance to the gender ratio.

AndyZ

Roughly how many points should we expect to put into the power set for this?  I'm pondering a couple ideas.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

That's entirely dependent on the character. We already have 2 physical heavy hitters on the team however, so I'm no longer accepting characters with strength/durability being 6/7.

Darrow Huck

What about a villain? I'd be interested in trying my hand at some dastardly schemes, especially if they involve kidnapping some superheroines.

Primarch

BadBadHarvey

So no villains and no captured superheroines?! Sounds like fun :)

Just teasing...

ebpohmr

So I'd be interested in joining - here are a few thoughts/concepts using the Marvel Powergrid as a reference:

1. Grizzled Veteran, former spec ops. e.g. Nick Fury

Intelligence 3
Strength 2
Speed 2 (3 through equipment such as jetpack)
Durability 3
Energy Projection 1 (2 through equipment such as shock gloves)
Fighting Ability 4 (possibly 5)

2. Warper (think the main character from the movie Jumper)

Intelligence 2
Strength 2
Speed 7 (has to be able to visualise destination)
Durability 3
Energy Projection 2
Fighting Ability 3 (incorporating warp ability to strike from unanticipated angles)

3. Telekinetic Tinkerer, in the vein of Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen

Intelligence 5/6
Strength 2 (4/5 with telekinesis)
Speed 2 (>4 with telekinesis, 5/6 through designed vehicles)
Durability 2 (5 with active telekinesis defense)
Energy Projection 1 (5 with telekinesis, 6 through designed equipment)
Fighting Ability 3

4. Skilled fighter, e.g. Batman

Intelligence 4
Strength 3
Speed 2 (3 through equipment such as jetpack)
Durability 3
Energy Projection 1
Fighting Ability 5/6

Let me know if any of them would seem to fit, or if there is something the group particularly needs, I'll have a look at it too!

Primarch

Hey ebpohmr, we already have someone filling the role of the teams Nick Fury type, I think either the Warper or Telekinetic Tinkerer might be interesting.

AndyZ

Blanking on any decent ideas but I'll keep thinking on it.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Primarch

IC has started. Still open for recruitment.

Chaeronea

Hi there. I saw your mention that there were still vacancies for male PCs and thought I'd submit my character. I'm still working on the details of the background but basically the character grew up in a rough urban area (I'm thinking Detroit) giving him a fairly terse and cynical personality but he's still a good guy. His main power is energy solidification, able to create Green Lantern-style energy constructs at touch range, coupled with very high hand-to-hand combat skills (think  similar level to Wolverine in the X-Men comics rather than the movies). Anyway, take a look...

Name: Dylan Forrester
Nationality: American
Place of Residence: Detroit, Michigan
Personality: Dylan can best be described as 'intense'. He's quiet and withdrawn but observant, preferring to remain in the background in social situations, as he tries to keep people at arm's length. However when he does befriend someone he is fiercely loyal to them, and is capable of great affection and compassion. While not suicidal he considers his safety a distant concern when his friends or innocent bystanders are at risk. He has a pronounced distaste for those who use their authority to abuse others, and has a strong distrust of law-enforcement officers due to his experiences while growing up.

Appearance: Dylan's features are regular and fairly handsome, but marred by a scar running from the outer corner of his left eye down to the left corner of his mouth. His black hair reaches past his shoulders but is tied back into a tight ponytail. His eyes are green and intense. his skin is tanned and he has a well-defined and muscular build. Several scars mark his knuckles and numerous other scars from the fights he's been in adorn his torso, arms and legs, but these tend to be covered by his clothing. Dylan tends to wear long clothing (jackets or long-sleeved shirts over T-shirts with jeans or sweatpants), most of which is casual due to lack of money.

Codename: Swordfire
Outfit: While 'on the clock' as he wryly calls it, Dylan wears a bodysuit of quartered colours, with the edges of the coloured quarters forming an X across his torso. The upper and lower portions are coloured navy blue while the side portions including the sleeves and gloves are a slate grey. Dark boots cover his feet while a navy blue ninja-style mask conceals the lower half of his face.
Powers: Dylan's main power is the ability to create objects of solid energy of a sky-blue colour, which in combat he often uses to form melee weapons. While he has a fair amount of control over his power Dylan has to remain in physical contact with any object he creates, or it will disperse within a second (so he can create a solid energy object in his hand and throw it - like a knife, for example - but he can't create solid objects out of arm's reach.).
Intelligence: 2/ 3  (Dylan's quite smart but is only educated up to the level of a high school graduate, although he is very streetwise and savvy).
Strength: 3 (peak human, can lift twice his own body weight)
Speed: 2 (normal)
Durability: 3 (quite fit and tough, although not superhumanly so. What keeps him in a fight is stubbornness - think the action movie heroes played by Bruce Willis and Sylvester Stallone who get beaten bloody but grit their teeth and keep on going through sheer willpower.)
Energy Projection: 2 (can create items of solid energy at touch range and throw them, if they could normally be thrown)
Fighting Ability: 6  (equivalent of black belt or red belt in at least half a dozen martial arts and streetfighting with extensive combat experience, plus he fights dirty)

Skills: Having grown up in a rough part of the urban jungle Dylan is proficient in many of the skills people think of when they hear the term 'streetwise' - he can recognise and identify gang colours and graffiti tags that identify gang turf, has a good grasp of gang and criminal psychology and is adept at finding places which do business that the owners would rather the authorities weren't aware of. Dylan has also reached black belt level of training in a number of martial arts, both unarmed and armed. As a result he is knowledgeable about martial arts and streetfighting, although more focused on practical knowledge than the more esoteric philosophies of some of the Oriental arts. Somewhat surprisingly to some people Dylan often draws to relax and is a fairly talented sketcher.

Special Equipment: cellphone with earbuds (for music), several sketchbooks and notebooks with drawings.

So Primarch, does it seem like this guy would suit the campaign?

Primarch

He's missing a backstory, and fighting ability 6 seems excessive for someone so young, but perhaps the backstory will explain that.

Ramael

I have vague keeness for this game, as my superhero thirst hasn't been quite slaked.

I don't really mind what powerset my character has as it's all about the personality and story really, so what do you need/ideally would like to see? I usually stay away from telepath-types as it throws up too much chance of metagaming, but other than that, tell me what you need and I'll throw up a character accordingly.

Primarch

Sadly IC failed to take off in this game. I'm called it closed.

ebpohmr

Quote from: Primarch on February 05, 2013, 11:23:12 AM
Sadly IC failed to take off in this game. I'm called it closed.

Dang it! Was working on my character application too! :(