News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

The Dragonborn must die!

Started by Primarch, January 19, 2013, 10:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

"It was the Dragonborn that escaped Helgen and warned Jarl Baalgruf of the threat.
It was the Dragonborn that was summoned to High Hrothgar and set on the path of destiny.
It was the Dragonborn that sought out the ancient Dragon Priests and destroyed them.
It was the Dragonborn that found the Elder Scrolls of the Vampire prophecy and killed Harkon
It was the Dragonborn that brought the Tullius and Ulfric together and made peace.
It was the Dragonborn that fought Alduin at the throat of the world and bested him.
It was the Dragonborn that enter Sovngarde itself and slew the black wing.
We were behind him every step of the way, his loyal followers and companions.
We thought he was the greatest hero since Ysgramor....we were wrong."

He is not King nor Emperor, but it is he that rules Skyrim.
Harbringer of the Companions,
Arch-Mage of Winterhold,
Listener of the Dark Brotherhood,
Lord of the Volkihar Clan,
Thane of every city and champion of the Daedric Princes!
His list of allies, powers and artifacts seem limitless.
How can we hope to stop him?"

The idea of this game is that the Dragonborn has completed every questline & acquired every perk. He is for all intents and purposes, maxed out. When IC we won't acknowledge "stats" and the like, but you get the drift. Turns out the slayer of Alduin and hero of Skyrim is actually not a hero. But quite the tyrant. Never a public menace of course, but when every faction is his to command and every Jarl and Daedric Prince a personal friend of he ways of making things happening without personally being there.

A select few whom walked with him during his travels have realized what a menace he is and come together in secret to plot his doom. But secrecy must be key, though some of you are members of the factions he controls, most are loyal to this great hero and would report your attempted assassination for a chance at his favour. But he must be stopped! The Dragonborn lives in Castle Volkihar, but even so you have met discreetly in High Hrothgar. The Greybeards may not be friends, but since the killing of Paarthurnax they have not been his friend. So where the civil war truce was made, you plan your mission.

Name:
Race:
Faction(s):
Master skill:
Major Skills:
Minor Skills:

Appearance:

Weapon(s):
Armour:
Equipment:
Spells:

History:

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Faction(s):[/b] (Any factions of which you are a member, limited to 3)
[b]Master skill:[/b] (1 skill at 'master' level)
[b]Major Skills:[/b] (3 skills at 'expert' level)
[b]Minor Skills:[/b] (5 skills at 'adept' level)

[b]Appearance:[/b]

[b]Weapon(s):[/b]
[b]Armour:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b] (Any other gear)
[b]Spells:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

A few notes on character creation~
You can have any non-unique equipment you like. As a freeform game, it will also be at least somewhat cosmetic, but a character with blacksmithing or enchanting will be assumed to have improved gear.
Elements from other games (such as spells, equipment or enchantments), are permitted on a case-by-case example.
Groups such as "The Circle" may be taken as a faction, but prerequisite groups (such as the Companions) is required. A skill slot can be used to convert your character into a Vampire or Werewolf, with the rank you use up determining how many "perks" you've attained. 

The game will start with the characters convening in High Hrothgar to discuss how to best remove the threat posed by the Dragonborn. Once you've agreed on a means, the game will move on. If you have any questions, comments or suggestion, feel free to ask.

kingmaster1

The idea of this is very interesting, if it's still open I'll throw in a character :-)

Primarch

Sure! I was starting think this one might not get any interest but if I get a small handful we could certainly press on.

Primarch

Etah dna Evol

I am working on a Blade character. Should be interesting. Will post it up when I finish.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

kingmaster1

I'm working on mine as well :-)

Etah dna Evol

- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Primarch

If we get some characters submitted I'd be happy to still run with it.

If we had like....4 people I'd be quite happy to move forward.

kingmaster1

I'm totally still here for this :P

Xellotath

Going to create a character shortly.
Also... "It's simple. We kill the Dragonborn." (Sorry, I had to.)

Xellotath

Name: Karann.
Race: Dagi-Raht Khajiit. ( http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/20627 )
Faction(s):Thieves Guild.
Master skill: Archery.
Major Skills: Sneak, Lockpicking, and Pickpocket.
Minor Skills: Light Armour, Speech, Alchemy, One-handed, Alteration.

Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Weapon(s):
A Dragon Priest's dagger, etched with runes that make an enemy's death by this dagger silent.

A dragonbone katana.

A supple Ancient Nord bow, and a quiver of twenty-four Ancient Nord arrows.

Armour:Thieves Guild armour, standard enchantments.
Equipment: Climbing grapnel and rope, for those pesky smooth walls.
Spells: Night's Eye, though this is not so much a spell as a race-specific ability. Detect Life, and Telekinesis.

History: Karann was born in Riften, and grew up filching items and gold from the powers that be in her home city. When she came of age, her skills were discovered and honed by the Thieves Guild, and she was put to extensive work seducing targets with her more sexual skills and then exercising her gifts for theft.

She never garnered much of a title outside of the various circles of thieves, though this was intentional. 
Once the Dragonborn had become the leader of the Thieves Guild, she envied him his vast power and wealth, and so sought a way to kill him and take his place as Master of the Guild. She heard of a meeting of various like-minded peoples, and so ventured to High Hrothgar and devise a plan along with them.

Primarch

Why would this character be invited to the meeting in High Hrothgar?

The rest looks rather fine, although I'm going to refuse Auriel's bow. The Dragonborn is also a Master Thief (head of the Guild in fact). As I mention in the OP, you can have any non-unique equipment.

Xellotath

Quote from: Primarch on February 02, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
Why would this character be invited to the meeting in High Hrothgar?
It wasn't so much as an invitation as her inviting herself.
Quote from: Primarch on February 02, 2013, 02:34:11 PM
The rest looks rather fine, although I'm going to refuse Auriel's bow. The Dragonborn is also a Master Thief (head of the Guild in fact). As I mention in the OP, you can have any non-unique equipment.
Okay, I'll fix that.

kingmaster1

Name: Marcus black-blade
Race: Imperial
Faction(s): Dark Brotherhood
Master skill: Two handed
Major skill: Heavy armor, smithing, enchantment
Minor skills: Destruction, speech, lock picking, and healing\

Appearance:

Weapons:
Dragon bone great sword:

Armor: Carved Nordic armor
Spells: Fireball, ice spike, lightning, healing, healing hands

History: Marcus grew up in Solitude, living among the higher end people and being relatively happy. The dragonborn himself owned a home there! As he grew he lived with interest and admiration for the savior of Skyrim and all Tamriel, but that changed one day not long ago when the man went berserk. He killed four people, including Marcus's father and...they let him go. There was no penalty, apparently they wouldn't arrest the thane! It was horifying.

Marcus ran from the city and tried to get as far as possible, moving to Solstheim. While there he found the dragonborn had had his influence around there as well, having killed someone called Miraak. Marcus ignored it for the most part and took up smithing under the teachings of Glover Mallory. He was a quick learner and soon enough could forge with the best of them, even making dragonbone weapons with a few of them he managed to get his hands on.

After this he decided his time in Solstheim was at an end and he returned to Skyrim. Once there he began looking around and decided to return to Solitude. On his way back, though, he found an old shack in the swamps and went inside, there was a dark brotherhood assassin, having just killed a man and wiping himself of blood. He noticed Marcus and attacked but was reflected and beaten. Instead of killing him Marcus forced him to give him passage to their sanctuary. The man agreed and the two went to Dawnstar. When Marcus went into the sanctuary he was welcomed oddly warmly by a vampire child, a redguard, and a clown, as well as other initiates. He thought he was going home...but instead he became a member of the dark brotherhood.

He soon found out that the dragonborn was the listener for their night mother but he looked past it. He still held his grudge but he didn't want to offend the nightmother. But then it happened, the nightmother spoke to him. She told him that the dragon born had abandoned her and the brotherhood, he needed to die. With this added push Marcus left for high hrothgar, hoping someone there would help him in his endeavor.
There's mine :-)

Xellotath

Okay, I've edited Karann's sheet accordingly.

Primarch

Quote from: Xellotath on February 02, 2013, 02:36:02 PM
It wasn't so much as an invitation as her inviting herself.

Then she wouldn't know to attend. This is after all a meeting to plot the murder of Vampire Lord of the Dark Brotherhood & the Thieves Guild and everything else in Skyrim. It shan't be advertised.

kingmaster, your characters history sets the events of Skyrim back by....what? ten? fifteen years? more? Every other character with a connection to the Dragonborn would need to work around it and make their character older or not have known him at all. You'll need to change the history to something more along the lines that the events in the games happened a few months to a year ago. And has already been stated, non-unique equipment.

Xellotath

Quote from: Primarch on February 02, 2013, 02:55:54 PM
Then she wouldn't know to attend. This is after all a meeting to plot the murder of Vampire Lord of the Dark Brotherhood & the Thieves Guild and everything else in Skyrim. It shan't be advertised.
Then how would anyone know that this meeting is even taking place? How would anyone know to attend?

kingmaster1

So...just make him older when his father was killed and say he trained for like...a few months? I can do that no problem.

Oh...so no bloodskal blade? :-(

Primarch

Quote from: Xellotath on February 02, 2013, 02:57:17 PM
Then how would anyone know that this meeting is even taking place? How would anyone know to attend?

"A select few whom walked with him during his travels have realized what a menace he is and come together in secret to plot his doom. But secrecy must be key, though some of you are members of the factions he controls, most are loyal to this great hero"

Quote from: kingmaster1 on February 02, 2013, 02:57:56 PM
Oh...so no bloodskal blade? :-(

Bingo

Xellotath

Quote from: Primarch on February 02, 2013, 02:59:38 PM
"A select few whom walked with him during his travels have realized what a menace he is and come together in secret to plot his doom. But secrecy must be key, though some of you are members of the factions he controls, most are loyal to this great hero"
So, what problem is there?

kingmaster1

Revenent

I'm in. I'll take a look through more of this thread when I get back from work, and hopefully have a character up tomorrow or Monday.

Etah dna Evol

Name: Sir Terri Pistrix

Race: Imperial

Faction: Blades - Knight Brother
Faction: Imperial Legion - Knight Errant
Faction: Vigilants of Stendarr - Knight of Stendarr

Master skill: One Handed
Major Skill 1: Block
Major Skill 2: Heavy Armor
Major Skill 3: Archery
Minor Skill 1: Lockpicking
Minor Skill 2: Restoration
Minor Skill 3: Speech
Minor Skill 4: Smithing
Minor Skill 5: Sneak

Appearance:

Weapon(s):

1 Ebony Shield
2 Ebony Sword
3 Ebony Dagger
4 Ebony Bow
5 Ebony Arrows

Armour: Ebony Plate with an Ebony Mail Cuirass

Equipment:

1 Wool Cloak
2 Leather Pack and Sword Sheath
3 Leather Arrow Quiver and Sword Sheath
4 Provisions
5 Ebony grappling hook and strong rope

Spells:
Healing
Fast Healing
Close Wounds

History:
The Pistrix family are long stalwarts of the Empire and were close confidants of the Septim Dynasty going all the way back to Tiber Septim himself. No few of Terri’s ancestors have sat on the Elders Council, many have been appointed to the Order of the Dragon and it had become something of a tradition to serve in the Blades, the Pistrix family maintained this tradition even after the Septim dynasty came to an end.

The Pistrix family’s relations with the Empire became distant after the death of Martin, the last Septim and then soured. They retreated to their own holdings and the once great and powerful family dwindled until Terri became their only living descendant, the last of the Pistrix family.

Following his families well established traditions, Terri joined the infamous Blades. He received his initial and advanced training and went on half a dozen missions before the White-Gold Concordat dissolved the Blades officially. Knowing nowhere else to go, Terri joined the Imperial Legion in the Morrowind Province working his way up to Knight Errant.

After a half of dozen close calls Terri realized that the Thalmor was trying to kill him and had also contracted with the Dark Brotherhood to do so. Between dodging Thalmor patrols and fending off Dark Brotherhood assassins, Terri decided to take leave from the Imperial Legion and visit the Skyrim province.

The Dragonborn had just completed his ascension to power in Skyrim, and Terri had planned to make contact with the renewed Order of the Blades. But he found them murdered. A renewed Order of Blades was just too much of a threat for the would-be tyrant and endangered his new alliance with the Thalmor. Terri decided that the Dragonborn must be made to pay and stopped from claiming the Imperial throne, which could be his next move.

Terri Pistrix took up the call of the Vigilants of Stendarr who were being repopulated by the surviving members of the Dawnguard following their defeat of the Volkihar Vampire Clan. Terri has always respected Stendarr and it is a useful cover to hide his past as a Blade and to gain access to local resources.

The last of the Blades then journeyed up the long and windy path to High Hrothgar to find out what the Graybeards intended to do about their wayward protégé who had strayed so far from their Way of the Voice.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Revenent

Before I start writing anything up, would it be reasonable for me to have a Thalmor character? The reason she would want to kill the Dragonborn (aside from the more obvious ones) is that tales of him would be spreading south into Cyrodiil, and the Aldmeri Dominion doesn't want to risk people getting encouraged to start revolting against them when they hear of what was accomplished in Skyrim.

Primarch

I'm afraid my muses have shifted elsewhere and my interest in running this game has departed. Very sorry.
If someone (or all of you) wish to take over this game and run it instead, by all means.

Etah dna Evol

I think this is a very interesting concept and more than enough interest to run a game. Anyone interested in picking it up?
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Xellotath

kingmaster1

I'll totally stick around to play :-)

Etah dna Evol

Anyone interested in running the game? lol
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Revenent

Er.. Would if I wasn't running two games already, hehe. I hope someone else can, though. I'd still love to play.

kingmaster1

Etah dna Evol

Kick if like Nike, jjjjjuuuuuuuuuuuuust dooooooooo iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs