Still looking for someone to play a demoness...(Ah My Goddess game)

Started by Lady Quixote, January 05, 2013, 08:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Quixote

Do you like Anime style hijinks?
How about playing a demoness who attempts to corrupt people's wishes?
And what if I said that this demoness would also have a chance to match wits against a Goddess who just started granting wishes?

If you said yes to those then have I got a RP for you, https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=162411.0.  We unfortunately had a miss start as 'real' life reared it's ugly head and are looking for a new person to play the titular demoness.  The general premis is based on the Ah My Goddess manga/anime series but with a twist that allows both goddesses and demonesses compete to grant the person's wish, in this case indecision will invoke a lesser knows clause that give the wishee 30 days to evaluate how both of them grant the wish.

I am pretty easy going as to what they do to each other and the guy who is way over his head. 

Let me know if you are interested, and have a great week.
Matt

PS: this is just the previous opening I had created...
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Stop me if you've heard this one...oh ok, I'll just be going...

Haha...awkward...

but really, so I've been thinking about this idea for a while and am deciding to actually act on it.  The idea is basically a play on the Ah My Goddess serieres.

A guy (played by me) who has recently broken up with a long term girlfriend accidentally texts (or calls but really who uses their phone to call someone anymore) a wrong number and gets the text-a-goddess line kicking off the whole adventure.  Due to a recent change in how the demons handle things they've petitioned for the rules of wish granting to be changed, now both sides have to be present and each get to make an offer.  The guy asks for one of them to be his girlfriend, both the goddess and demoness begin bargaining trying to offer a better deal to the point of lunacy.  The guy is not quite able to make up his mind and unknowingly activates a unknown 30 days clause where he's given his wish from both parties for 30 days.  At the end of that time he must pick or else...

So that's the basic premise of the RP, I'm thinking it's more in the romantic comedy type vain than anything else.  Neither of the goddess or demoness are push overs personality wise although the hijinks might get to be a bit much for the guy.

Many things could be on the table, from transformations (the guy doesn't necessarily need to stay a guy throughout the while 30 days) to visiting relatives (anyone's relatives; angelic, demonic, or humonic...)

Let me know if you are interested and have a great weekend.

SpiralSpider

I'd be interested in playing a character on the good/goddess side of things.  :-)
~ My Ons/Offs, Characters and general RP info ~ Where am I?

"If you get hurt, hurt them back. If they kill you... walk it off."

Lady Quixote

Ok cool, Nice to meet you.

we just need to find someone with a wicked streak...or more of one possibly...to play the demoness.

Is your gif from the second Last Exile series?

Matt

SpiralSpider

Yes, the pic in my siggy is from Fam, The Silver Wing. :3

I don't think it'll be too hard to find some devious folks to pick up the other end of things.  :-)

Lady Quixote

cool, I've "seen" Last Exile but not The Silver Wing...although seen might be a bit of a stretch, I borrowed it from someone who taped it off of TechTV back when it was playing the the copy was horrible, so I heard what happened but had a problem really seeing what was happening.

Yes hopefully we can find someone who can be devious and wicked...

Matt

Lady Quixote

anyone...anyone at all interested?

Otherwise Chaznia, do you know of anyone here who might be interested in playing the demoness?

Matt

Siereis

*Stares at the RP posting curiously, all the while heavily considering joining as she takes her time*

Well...I'm on the fence about this one...I can definitely play a devil girl (in fact I preferred it over the angelic one).  But can you answer a few questions first?  Sorry in advance if they seem vague or hard to answer.

1) By my understanding of the game, both of the girls would be trying to convince him to pick her over the other one right?  If that is the case...what methods were you thinking of that they'd be using to persuade him?  Pretty much just sexual tones? any elaboration on this part is highly appreciated.

2) How 'demonic' did you expect the devil girl to be? Like pretty much 100% evil or something a little less malignant?

3) lastly..while they are with him do they look like humans or like their actual demonic/angelic forms?

Lady Quixote

Hi there Siereis (nice palindrome),

I can certainly answer some questions,

1) correct, it's a battle for him but in the grand scheme of things it's more about fulfilling more wishes (and more quality wishes) for your side than for the other.  These 'life long' wishes tend to bring in more in the long run than more short term (ie I wish to be rich), which is why they are granted (since removing a wish granter from the wish fulfilling game seems counter productive).  I'd say mind control is off the table, as is banishing the other side.  Seduction, great...finding legal loop holes also good (if 30 days is coming up and it looks like your side isn't going to be chosen, try to invalidate the trial so you have to go another 30 days...and so forth),  things that can cause wacky hijinks are also good, otherwise I don't know if I can think of anything else that would be off the table.  Chaznia, since you are also playing do you have any other ideas?

2) I'd prefer no mass murdering psychopaths, I'd say if you are chosen to be one of those granted access to fulfill wishes you can be civil and don't cause many issues on a global scale just for a whim (It would probably cause the other side to hunt you down, and may cause your own side to pull you back to preserve the balance).

3) I'd say when they are with him alone (or alone with him and their rival) they can look as angelic and demonic as they want, but being discovered by the outside world is probably bad.  I'd say the general populace of people not being played by us, can be a little on the ignorant side when it comes to any spells cast out in the open provided they can be plausibly denied...

I guess I'm looking at this as being less a gritty realistic game and something more light hearted and fun like the original source material.

I hope this interests you Siereis, either way have a great day.
Matt

SpiralSpider

Well, I thought about really playing the angelic one up as more of a "virtuous", romantically conservative girl at first. She'd start out by offering him comfort and platonic companionship and slowly add more to it as the competition heated up.

I like being in games that have a Anime hijinks sort of theme to them. At the moment I'm picturing her as 1 part Bell Dandy and 1 part Melissa from Rune Soldier - does that make sense to you?

Lady Quixote

It's hard to do this type of story without somehow considering Belldandy :D 

I must confess I haven't seen Rune Soldier so I can't comment about Melissa still I'm pretty flexible in the end.  I find it hard to be really controlling in a game because if it all had to happen like I see it then I might as well just write the whole thing myself, and where's the fun in that.

I also like the idea of the virtuous angelic being having to shed her conservative nature...especially if the demoness plays dirty and causes her cloths to disappear.

Matt

SpiralSpider

Will you be making your character short like Keiichi was, mvo33? :3

Also - would you mind if our characters had some sort of oddness to their appearance when out in public, even though most of their true appearance is hidden? For instance, Belldandy has Antennas all the time, though her wings aren't around.

Lady Quixote

possibly, although I never thought he was that short really.  Then again with Tamiya and Otaki around anyone looks short.  He will definitely be your generally average guy who's in way over his head...

sure, that should be fine...the people will be gullible but not stupid.  One could get by with wings once (if they say something like it's a costume for a party or something) but if they have them out all the time that might be a bit much. 

Matt

Siereis

Well I'm pleased with all the answers so count me in!  I suppose the next step is character profiles huh?  Oh..and how were we planning on starting?

Lady Quixote

woohoo!!

I figured I'd make the first post with a miss sent text, then my guess is that Chaznia would appear and begin to explain then you, Siereis, can either barge in demanding to be heard as well or Chaznia could enter and wait patiently for you to arrive...

I'm all for just starting, without creating huge in depth character profile since it's just the three of us.

What do both of you think?

Matt

Siereis

*Shrugging* Honestly I've already got my character already in mind so ready to go whenever as well.  Hopefully this will be a fun combination of funny and sexy.

Lady Quixote

ok I threw up an opening post then.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=162411.0

let me know what you think, or if it doesn't look at all like you think it should.

thanks.
Matt

SpiralSpider

Quote from: mvo33 on January 09, 2013, 06:56:57 PM
I figured I'd make the first post with a miss sent text, then my guess is that Chaznia would appear and begin to explain then you, Siereis, can either barge in demanding to be heard as well or Chaznia could enter and wait patiently for you to arrive...

Oh, crud.. thought I was coming in first since I read that. Sorry I wasn't able to post last night - my baby was pretty demanding and took me away from the computer a little earlier than usual.

I'll try to come up with a post as soon as she lets me, and I'll try to figure out what to do now that I'm entering 2nd in the mean time. ^.^;'

Lady Quixote

I wouldn't worry about it too much, Maria/Siereis is currently floating outside the window waiting for you *snicker*.  I don't think anyone could fault you for taking care of the baby instead of posting...feel free to post something when you have time.

Matt

SpiralSpider

I don't mind at all, just had to re-write what I had been working on in my head, is all. ^.^'

Should be posting soon now that I got her sleeping. *crosses fingers*

Siereis

Just a head's up...still at work and going to hang out with friends after this so don't expect my RP reply until tomorrow.  Cya both later!

Lady Quixote

no problem have a good evening,

I definitely enjoyed Maria and Caressa posts...should be fun

Matt

SpiralSpider

Think it would be OK if I did another small post in the mean time?

Or would you rather we keep to a formal posting order?  :-)

Lady Quixote

its ok with me...as long as you box out anyone it should be fine

:-)

Matt

Siereis

Ok...well yall are gonna hate me, but here goes.  I've been trying to post on our RP for a few days now, but every time I try..I only get disinterested again.  I just can't seem to get myself excited about this RP.  With that said, I'm gonna go ahead and drop out of this before we go anywhere.  Once more, very sorry for the delay and confusion, but I just can't do it...

Lady Quixote

Hi Siereis,
I don't hate you and thank you for letting me know, fortunately we aren't too far in.  Could I convince you to delete your post?  I'm going to see if I can drum up another player and would like to give them the option to start fresh.

Chaznia, I am going to see if I can stir up another person looking to play a demoness for anime hijinks.

For anyone else who might happen to be reading this, let me know if you are interested.

And everyone have a good day.
Matt

Siereis

Sure, I'll delete the post here in a moment.

Oh, and might I add for future people considering this RP...both mvo and Chaznia are quite good in their posts, quick, and the RP idea is quite a good idea.  With that said, I do encourage others to definitely join!

SpiralSpider

Actually, Siereis, I think you're awesome for being honest and letting us know. Thank you for that.

And don't worry, mvo33, I don't mind waiting a bit more.  ;)

Lady Quixote

OK cool...Now we just need to drum up interest again.

What do you think, bake sale?

Matt

Lady Quixote

modified the hook, hopefully we can attract someone with this.

Otherwise I'll have to start baking...

Matt

SpiralSpider

Perhaps we should mention that we're willing to edit our posts to not include "the demo outside" if someone wanted to, say, pop right into the room like Cari did?

Lady Quixote

Yes, definitely I would be will and able to edit anything that I've set down already...

Matt

Lady Quixote

Hi Chaznia,

sorry I've been MIA for a bit, I've been on a long term project in DC...but unfortunately we just aren't getting any bites.  Any ideas?

Matt

SpiralSpider

None yet but I'll let you know if I come up with anything.

I shared the thread with a few of my friends, though.  :-)

Lady Quixote

ok great, I'm still trying, I've cold emailed a few people  :-[  but to no avail...

still not ready to give up on this though... :-)

Thank you for your patience and help,
Matt

Lady Quixote

ok it looks like I got someone, TentacleFan.  He should be posting in here (and/or the RP thread) shortly, should be interesting.    :-):D ;D

Matt

SpiralSpider

It's funny... my reaction went from  :D When I found out that you had someone to   :o and then D: when I saw the screen name. XD

I kid... It's all good. I'm very happy we've found a new player. ^.^

Lady Quixote

;D it should definitely be fun, he sent me his idea for the demoness:

From TentacleFan
Mariastopheles aka Maria for short.

Maria is a demoness, a demon girl if you will. As part of the recent revision to the dial-a-goddess line (which included it's transfer to text messages to get with the times) her kind petitioned for and received the opportunity to take part in the program. Maria's demonic nature mostly reveals itself in a sense of mischievousness, a lack of self restraint, and a general lack of human or goddess prudishness. She is a schemer and plotter though she does have an infernal temper that can get the better of her if someone gets it fired up. She takes her role in the dial a goddess program fairly seriously both because she likes tweaking the goddesses and because it helps bolster her station among her own kind when she does a good job.

It will be very interesting to see how Caressa deals with her
Matt

SpiralSpider

Lady Quixote

*feverishly nods head, while slightly mesmerized* uh-hu...I'll admit it took me a few tries to get lower than her chest... :-[... :-)

Matt

SpiralSpider

Ah, I see... And here I thought I made a good choice in that department. ^.^'

Lady Quixote

pardon me while I get my jaw up from the floor...no you did as well, I've gawked at her for quite a while, same with your new profile picture

I am super excited...

Matt

SpiralSpider

I gawk at my profile pick quite a lot - especially when I remember that someone drew that!

I'm going to be busy getting a new group game off the ground (something else dealing with Anime hijinks, woo hoo!) but I'll try to do my best to keep checking the bookmarks and see when our thread gets going again.