War of the Five Kings - A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) RP

Started by Tyrus, January 03, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Primarch

AstridGolden

Awesome, well I think I might bring a Sand Snake into the mix, because I'm a fan of the Dornish, but I'm still thinking. Hopefully I'll contribute something by tonight!
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

bubby

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Tyrus

Just a few others to put up their profiles and a couple to edit their existing ones, mine included. Get writing! :P
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

AstridGolden

Just FYI - I'm almost finished with mine; I should have it up by tomorrow (Sunday) night at the latest!
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

Charlemagne

Silk

I'm kind of interested,  but I'm kind of worried I would end up just letting people down with my bad RP skills

Photo

I'm all for new characters, if Tyrus is, especially Sansa's! :)

I might still have some edits to make to Joffrey's character profile before we start. I'd like to do something with a little more taste, and I might adjust his age a little bit, I haven't decided yet, but there are a few things I'm sure about.

With respect for the character; and, to make it easy for everyone in the RP, I'm picking Joffrey up fresh off of Sansa's last chapter in 'Game of Thrones'. This is the moment when he forces her to look at her father's decapitated head on a spike. So, keep that in mind. Once he's under my control he's capable of anything, but everything up to that moment is exactly as it was in the first book/season.

Also, I'd like to PM a lot of you about your position in the kingdom. 
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Primarch

I'm online for the next hour at least if you want to PM Joffrey's long lost Uncle Lannister about anything.

AstridGolden

“Some men think because they are afraid to do.”

Character Name: Tyene Sand

Loyalist or Separatist: Begrudging Loyalist

House: Martell of Dorne

Faction: The Sand Snakes – bastard daughters of Prince Oberyn Martell

Family: Oberyn Martell (father), Septa Beth Harte {mother}, Obara Sand (sister), Nymeria Sand (sister), Sarella Sand (sister), Elia Sand (sister), Obella Sand (sister), Dorea Sand (sister), Loreza Sand (sister), Doran Martell (uncle), Arianne Martell (cousin), Quentyn Martell (cousin), Trystane Martell (cousin)

Appearance: Tyene is three-and-twenty and the only one of Oberyn Martell’s bastards with fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. Unlike the others, she bears no resemblance to her father – an olive-skinned man with a sharp nose, dark eyes and lustrous, black hair – with the exception of her eyes. It’s said that all of the Sand Snakes have their father’s eyes: piercing, sharp and venomous.

Tyene is tall, lithe and slender with a small waist and willowy hands. Her skin is milky and sets her apart from her sisters, a testament to her mother – a septa from the Crownlands. With a heart-shaped face framed by long, golden waves and eyes the color of the narrow sea, she is often described as angelic – appropriate considering her demeanor, though often times misleading. Her clothing is pious, lacking the splendor of a typical Westerosi lady’s gown. She arrives in King’s Landing in a blue samite gown trimmed with Myrish lace.

Personality: Prince Oberyn once described Tyene to Ellaria as an enigma, but those closest to her – namely her sisters and her cousin Arianne – would beg to differ. From an acquaintance’s perspective, Tyene seems simple: sweet, soft-spoken and virtuous. Her use of words is powerful, and flattery is one of her finer weapons. She appears to be the tamest and most pious of the Sand Snakes, but that’s only because none of the others is her equal in astuteness and duplicitous craft.

In some regards, Tyene takes after her father. For example, she is sly, vengeful and sharp. However, unlike Oberyn and many of her sisters, her cunning isn’t confounded by a brusque nature or vanity, making her perhaps even more dangerous. She thinks before she speaks and uses her demureness resourcefully. Of course, Tyene isn’t all deception. She is fiercely loyal and harnesses a deep love for family – being closest to her older sister Nymeria and her cousin Arianne, both of whom she grew up with. She holds an unmatched respect and adoration for her father, and – like most of the Dornish – she takes pride in their homeland and culture. Her knowledge of the kingdom’s history is rich, and she spends much of her free time in The Spear Tower’s library.

Equipment:

• Trunk of books and scrolls A personal library was the only non-necessity Tyene brought to King’s Landing. She considers books just as critical to functioning as food and as deadly as any other weapon. They are her lifelines. It took her small following’s strongest sand steed to carry the trunk, which is ornately embellished. It belonged to her father, but he passed it onto her when she was chosen to represent Prince Doran at court. The chest stores over 20 leather-bound books, including titles like A History of the Rhoynish Wars, Jade Compendium and Dragonkin: Being a History of House Targaryen from Exile to Apotheosis, with a Consideration of the Life and Death of Dragons.
Skills:

• Poisons and Herbcraft The Red Viper passed his fixation with and love for poisons onto his favorite daughter, and she is notorious for it. Tyene has a dangerous reputation among her family. Nightshade, Tears of Lys, Sweetsleep, Widow’s blood… She knows and can brew an exhaustive list (with the proper materials).
  • A Way with Words Tyene is also a cunning linguist. This is important to note because she has more than just an extensive lexicon: Whether it’s the power of flattery, suggestion or verbal manipulation – she wields them all masterfully. Were she a sellsword or a knight, a sword and shield might suit her better. However, as a lady, a bastard and a Dornish noblewoman navigating the world outside of Sunspear, she finds being a talented and influential speaker a treasured subtlety and especially useful.

Origins/History: Tyene was born in 275AL, a time of peace and prosperity. One year earlier, Oberyn Martell had defeated Lord Edgar Yronwood in a duel that had left the older man dead – earning the prince the title “Red Viper” because of his rumored use of a poisoned blade. Shortly after, he was sent to Oldtown, and it was this journey that brought him through the Crownlands, where he met a fair-haired septa willing to break her vows for the taste of Dornish royalty. Beth of House Harte – pregnant and disgraced – was relinquished from the church, and she headed south, taking her newborn baby with her.

Only in Dorne could a highborn prince take in the natural mother of his bastard child, and only in Dorne could bastards become as exalted as the Sand Snakes. And so it was that Tyene grew up a privileged lady of Sunspear, playing naked under the sun in the Water Gardens and learning to read alongside her cousin and closest friend, Arianne. Her mother died of the flux when she was a small child, leaving Oberyn and Tyene’s older sisters Obara and Nymeria to raise her. Beth had remained a pious woman after they’d fled to Dorne, and she’d instilled that religious fervor in her daughter; however, after she died Tyene abandoned her faith and developed an intense thirst for knowledge. The time she’d previously wasted praying to the Seven with her mother became time spent in the Sunspear libraries reading about the Rhoyne, medicinal healing and the Doom of Valeria. Her father, who had studied for a short while at the Citadel, was pleased and encouraged her.

Tyene’s closeness with her father had other, greater influences. Ingrained in her since at a young age was a hate for and resentment toward the Lannister and the Baratheon houses, accompanied by a need for vengeance. It wounded her to see him so consumed by Elia’s death, and the time they spent together was often overshadowed by his crazed need to conspire. However, they bonded over a shared aptitude for learning, and Oberyn began to teach her about the secrets he’d uncovered in Oldtown. It soon became clear to her his fascination was with poison. As a weapon, nobles and knights frowned upon it. But her father had forged six links of a maester’s chain and claimed it was dense men who hated poison, and that was only because it scared them.

Just a fortnight ago, a letter had arrived from King’s Landing. Tyrion Lannister, serving as Hand to the King in his father’s stead, had proposed a marriage between Prince Doran’s youngest son, Trystane, and Princess Myrcella – a peace offering and a tactical move to align Dorne with the Iron Throne. Doran and Oberyn had spent days inside their chambers discussing the offer, while Tyene and the other Sand Snakes sat outside, ears pressed to the door. After long hours of arguing, they had come to a basic agreement: Someone would need to go to King’s Landing to accept the offer and propose Dorne’s terms (namely that Princess Myrcella would be sent to Sunspear). They both also decided it would not be wise for Prince Doran to go himself. His gout made travel difficult, and he was too valuable a player as leader of the Dornish. However, Oberyn wanted to go in his place, and the Prince refused him. “You can not go to King’s Landing,” they’d heard Doran tell his brother. “It would be too unwise.”

The next day, each of the Sand Snakes had gone to her uncle’s throne room to offer herself as a messenger. However, Obara was too aggressive, Nymeria too short-tempered and the other girls too young. It was sweet-natured but scheming, honey-tongued Tyene who would go to King’s Landing. And so she had set off with 50 of her father’s best men, leaving Oberyn, Arianne, her sisters and the rest of Dorne behind…

-   -   -

This is a work in progress. Just a note to fans of the books, I had to tweak certain aspects of Tyene’s history and motives for coming to King’s Landing considering we’re beginning after A Game of Thrones ends and the Dornish don’t get much mention until A Clash of Kings.

I was undecided as to whether I should label Tyene a Loyalist or a Separatist. When the War of the Five Kings first begins, Dorne declares itself neutral. G.R.R.M. doesn’t really discuss Sunspear much until several Tyrion chapters into A Clash of Kings, when Princess Myrcella is promised to Trystane. Of course Oberyn hasn’t been killed yet, which is what really spurs her journey to KL. If someone has an issue with the fact that I’ve had Tyrion arrange the Trystane-Myrcella marriage early, please let me know; I can figure something else out!

O&O // Request Thread

Tyrus

Great profiles, AdrianZef and AstridGolden. Bronn is one of my favourite characters, so it's good to see him getting played; and Tyene Sand is awesome and definitely needs more exposure. It will be interesting to see the differences we can RP out with her representing Dorne instead of Oberyn.

I have updated the first/main post with new information regarding the key differences from the books thus far. As I added to the OP:

Major differences and points of divergence from the established canon:

• The Arryn family have a daughter as the Eyrie and Vale's eldest heir, Liliana Arryn -- played by xSnorkleRainbow.
  • The Baratheon family have a first cousin as one of the Kingsguard Seven, Edric Baratheon -- played by Tyrus. He takes the position of the obscure Ser Preston Greenfield from the books.
  • The Lannister family have a middle brother, Daevon Lannister -- played by Primarch. He is a returning Westerosi -- now a Red Priest -- from Essos.
  • Jalabhar Xho, the exiled prince of the Red Flower Vale of the Summer Isles, has a daughter, Ajora Xho -- played by jetblackmirror.
  • Daario Naharis of the Stormcrows has a brother, Casso Naharis -- played by Creative Accountant.
  • Tyene Sand, the third Sand Snake, is played by AstridGolden, and replaces her father, Prince Oberyn or the "Red Viper", as the Dorne representative sent to King's Landing to propose Dorne's terms and response to Princess Myrcella Baratheon's betrothal to Prince Trystane Martell, the marriage of which is also proposed by Tyrion Lannister slightly earlier than in the books.
  • Joffrey Baratheon, who is played by Photo, will have to contend with another Lannister uncle -- Daevon -- and a Baratheon second cousin -- Edric, for his claim to the throne.

Once we are all done waiting on the remaining player's profiles and any new ones, we have to discuss:

• The point of divergence and where we all begin. I say the beginning of Lannister hostilities in the Riverlands led by Ser Gregor Clegane, the beginning of the Brotherhood Without Banners organisation, and the raising of the banners of Stannis, Renly, Balon and Robb all already underway.
  • Our thoughts on who and how we shall handle essential canon characters/NPC's without god-modding.
  • Any key differences, character history details and such you want to share with everyone for them to keep in mind.
  • Which players begin in the Crownlands/Riverlands thread, and which players begin in the King's Landing thread.
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

mj2002

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a long time, but I still can't quite figure out what's going to happen. Is there going to be a central plot that develops, somewhat guided by the GM? Is the RP going to be centered around the capital city, where everyone just does their own thing? I see so many characters from so many different houses, I can't really quite imagine what coherent structure this RP will have. That's what has so far has kept me from putting up a character sheet. By no means do I want to change any intended course of action, I'm just trying to discover if this group RP is something I'd want to join still.

Tyrus

It's up to you to make it worth it, just like any successful and enjoyable group RP. While the ASoIaF universe is very extensive and the challenge of a central plot is no doubt larger than other literature, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to shape something enjoyable for all players involved, especially considering all of us seem to be avid fans of the novels and/or television adaptation. I already have a few PM's with players discussing and organising how we advance so we should be able to get a coherent structure sorted. I'm certainly up for the challenge of organising it for some good old co-op RP fun.

In my opinion, we'll have to split the group RP into two, though that won't limit all of our characters potentially interacting; it will just delay some and halve the hectic-ness and chaos of group topics. From there, I think we'll need to assign characters to lead us through the central plot (Photo is King Joffrey, so he'll have to play an especially big part in the King's Landing side) and perhaps carve our own political drama with as minimal use of canon NPC's as possible.

I've already got the opening scenarios for both King's Landing and Riverlands/Crownlands topics in my head, but I am waiting for everyone to finish up, and then I will share and see what everyone thinks.

My RP Request Thread.

TreyWalker

I would be interested in RPing in this group game. I have preferences to who I'd play but I could see myself being part of any family. So before I posted, I just wanted to ask if there is any character or family that you guys already in the RP want represented? If so I'd be happy to figure something out in that family or area of the world.

My preferences would be Dothraki (don't know how I'll write their language though), a Stark or someone from Dorne.

Photo

as far as I know, we are missing a representative from house Stark. Might not be a bad idea to take over one of RR Martin's characters, or create your own and put h/er in Rob's place. The only thing you have to remember is that every character starts the RP in only one of two places: King's Landing or the Riverlands/Crownlands

on the subject of NPC's. If it is ok with my fellow players, I will be controlling most of the Lannisters, Tywin, Cersei, Jamie. Also, Janus Slynt, but he's sort of fodder. This is GM approved, so it will proceed unless anyone objects to my effective monopoly of the Lannister family. I will have no problem handing one or two of these character's away, especially if some one wants to play them as a PC.

Also, It's gonna take a lot of manpower and cunning to take Joffrey off of the Iron Throne. He is Robert Baratheon's eldest son!

Myrcella's marriage being done sooner is no problem, but all of this leads to one man: Tyrion

Some one should take him over as a solid NPC. Or, we should purposefully kill him off so that everything in the world is different. He's too vital, ya'know?
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

TreyWalker

Has it been discussed were in the timeline we are at? I don't want to spoil the series for anyone, but I'll know what possibilities I have with the starks depending on the timeline. Just as Joffrey is king, I'm assuming a certain stark is dead.

Of course I might be being cryptic for no reason as you all may know the whole storyline past the HBO series.

EDIT : Ignore, I didn't read the first post properly.

AdrianZef

I think as far as this RP is concerned, the more the merrier! (feel free to object to that)

I can play Tyrion as an NPC if needed, but I guess that has pros and cons. The pro is that Bronn is working closely with Tyrion, so it would be pretty easy to combine posts. I guess the con is that might leave me with a bit too much control over my character's situation, since he is hired by Tyrion.

Another note, I would think that it would be hard/futile to play a Dothraki character unless they are on Westeros, which could be a bit of a stretch. If you find a way to make it work, though, I have no objections to Dothraki characters.

TreyWalker

Character Name: Artos Stark
Loyalist or Separatist: Separatist
House: The Starks (The North)
Faction: None
Family: Artos Stark is the younger brother of Eddard and Brandon Stark. With the birth of Robb Stark and the peaceful times of Robert Barratheon’s reign, Artos believed that the Starks did not need him until the Winter came. So to broaden his horizons, he travelled to the Free City of Braavos where he learned swordsmanship. It was he who convinced Syrio, the former First Sword of Braavos to teach Arya Stark the dance of steel. Upon hearing news of his brothers fate in King’s Landing, Artos has returned to Westeros and King’s Landing, with little to no knowledge of the events that have recently occurred.
Personality: Artos is almost a Jekyll and Hyde type character, but not to any major extreme. Most of the time he is a serious and honourable man, just like the Starks have been brought up to be! He does what needs to be done, no matter how difficult and will do what is right despite the potential desire to do something else.

However, having been the youngest of three, and having felt that he was never going to be needed in Winterfell, Artos has more of a temper than his brother Ned. And having lived in Braavos, at times Artos has learnt that lies and deceit can be of benefit to him and the greater good. Whilst he isn’t the type to scheme all of the time, he is not trusting and should not always be trusted unless you truly count him as an ally. Cause to his allies he is steadfast in his devotion.

Having not lived the noble life, he isn’t always noble in his behaviour. He will be straight and speak his mind when he feels like he needs too. And when he is backed into a corner, his calm but ruthless aggression is awoken.

Equipment:
The Twin Blades of the Titan – Given to him by the Iron Bank of Braavos. Made of the finest steel by the finest smiths! It was a reward for collecting a debt that was owed to them by a slaver.

Skills: Archery, Swordmanship, Horse Riding.
Origins/History: Born the third son of Rickard Stark, Artos always lived in the shadow of his brothers. He envisioned himself when he became older to become a member of the Kingsguard, and hoped upon hope that he would not become a member of the Night’s Watch (all though if it was needed, he would answer the call.)

Upon the birth of Robb Stark and the relative peace of the time, Artos took the opportunity to travel across the Narrow sea to Braavos, having heard stories of the swordsmanship over there. He soon became adapt at this new style of fighting and got some fame amongst the people of Braavos and is said to have gathered some friends amongst the Iron Bank of Braavos.

He turned down the offer of being the First Sword of Braavos, despite being extremely honoured at the offer. Because a Stark knows that Winter is Coming, and Artos was always sure there would be a day he would need to return to Westeros.

Photo

I have to say it, just to make sure it's said. Don't file this as an objection TreyWalker. I simply must say it. Syrio might be God, being the man that trained him might be a rather hefty story arch.

it's not impossible, but there is a lot going on with that dude. I've got a theory that's in the spoiler below. cause it's 5th,6th book stuff.

SERIOUS SPOILER - BEWARE
Syrio Forel and Jaqen H'Ghar are the same character with different masks on, a faceless man guiding Arya Stark to her destiny

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

TreyWalker

That is an understandable objection, and it was not how I meant it to be written.

I wrote the sentence once, didn't like it and edited it but didn't delete the word sent. It was meant to read, "It was he who convinced Syrio, the former First Sword of Braavos to teach Arya Stark the dance of steel." It was meant to imply that Artos was a friend of Syrio, and to be honest even in my own vision Artos is not as good as Syrio. I've always envisioned him as the best swordsmen in the whole of the Song of Fire and Ice universe.

Photo

oh, yeah, that clearly makes more sense, good to know that I read that incorrectly, haha.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

AstridGolden

Quote from: Photo on January 14, 2013, 02:54:36 PM
I have to say it, just to make sure it's said. Don't file this as an objection TreyWalker. I simply must say it. Syrio might be God, being the man that trained him might be a rather hefty story arch.

it's not impossible, but there is a lot going on with that dude. I've got a theory that's in the spoiler below. cause it's 5th,6th book stuff.

SERIOUS SPOILER - BEWARE
Syrio Forel and Jaqen H'Ghar are the same character with different masks on, a faceless man guiding Arya Stark to her destiny

This theory has been explored on this forum. I think it's possible!

O&O // Request Thread