War of the Five Kings - A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) RP

Started by Tyrus, January 03, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelemar

I'm very interested.  Will get a character sheet going asap.

Tyrus

Great profiles so far everyone. 

Just to clarify: the start of this RP takes place in the year 298AL, following the end of the first book.
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

Creative Accountant

Character Name: Casso Naharis

Loyalist or Separatist: Undecided - Casso is at heart a mercenary and as such can be bought and sold. However like his brother Daario, he can be loyal to those that treat him well and incredibly vindicitive against those who have betrayed him.

House: None. For the moment...

Faction: The Stormcrows. He was a former Captain along with his brother Daario however left the company as the were hired by the Yunkai for he disliked their inability to perform even the simplest of tasks without the requirement for grand debate. He also did not trust their Eunachs, believing that no man can survive without his manhood.

Family: Elina Naharis - Mother, Unknown - Father, Daario Naharis - Older Brother.

Appearance: See Above. Casso is inclined to dye his hair and beard in a variety of colours as is traditional with Tyroshi.

Personality: Casso is inexorably out to look after Casso first and foremost. He has come to Kings Landing in search of a safe have from would be assassins who are out to kill him and has now found himself in a whole new world. His mother worked in a pleasure house and was well trained in the arts of seduction and lovemaking. This has lead to Casso being very confident in the presence of females to the point he feels he could charm anyone or anything.

He is quick to anger and his blade is almost as quick. He is not weak but certainly not strong by the highest standards, instead relying on handspeed and agility to deal with tricky situations.

As mentioned above he can be fiercely loyal to those he trusts and obsessive in his hunt for revenge on those that may have wronged him.
Equipment: Weapons - Two silver handled Dothraki Arakhs and small blade held within his boot. His outer garments are both loud and colourful and often matched to the colour of his hair and beard.

Skills:

• Agility - Casso has nimble footwork and lightning quick handspeed which more than make up for his average strength
  • Charm - Casso has learnt much from his mother in the way of charm, compliments and seduction which have been used on many occassions to either remove him or place him in trouble.
  • Theft - Casso has become adept at pickpocketing, mostly due to a combination of the two skills above

Origins/History: Casso was born in a brothel, his mother working there after being trained in the art of love and seduction in Yunkhai. As a result of this he did not know his father but was brought up by all the women of the house and his older brother Daario. As a result he is probably more comfortable in female company than male however years as a mercenary have ensured that words are not always necessary.

A year after Daario left to join a small band of mercs, Casso followed and tried to emulate him. The group were more pickpockets and bullies but earned enough to get by day to day and eventually gained a reputation in the city. One evening they were arrested by the City Guard and agreed to leave the city instead of serving time in jail and losing their right hands. As they left, a Captain of the Stormcrows caught them and encouraged them to sign up and so they did.

After a few years of battle, womanising and thievery, Casso had crossed one to many nobleman and contracts were put on his head although thankfully not to the extent that the Faceless Men were contacted. Fearing for his life, Casso smuggled himself aboard and trade ship and escaped to the land of Westeros were he now finds himself in Kings Landing.

AdrianZef

Before I make a character sheet, is there a certain time point in the original book that we're starting at?
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Creative Accountant

Quote from: Tyrus on January 08, 2013, 04:05:56 AM
Great profiles so far everyone. 

Just to clarify: the start of this RP takes place in the year 298AL, following the end of the first book.

Quote from: AdrianZef on January 08, 2013, 07:26:15 AM
Before I make a character sheet, is there a certain time point in the original book that we're starting at?

Uhm....

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 07, 2013, 10:05:41 PM
Gaaah, just seeing your profile up Primarch makes me want to get one of my own done but I really don't know what kind of character I want to be or which house I want to aline myself with. -Siiiiiigh.-

-xSRx

An Arryn Lady isn't a bad choice!

As it would happen I have a GoT RP site, Daevon is basically my main character on that site just with a different name, pb, weapon of choice and life direction after Rhaegar's death.

When I look at it like that, they don't have a great deal in common but position in the Lannister family and early life. But you get the idea.

xPeachyPuff

Awesome. The characters so far look really cool.

Creative Accountant - Your guy is very attractive xD Just saying!

Just letting everyone know that my character has been completed. Hope everything is all in order.

-xSRx

Charlemagne

I'd love to apply, but I haven't read the books. I've read alot of books, among my favorites are the Warhammer 40K books. But after I watched Game of Thrones, I decided that I'd love to read them. However, as a college student, I find it hard to afford anything more than text books and ramen X_X

That said, may I still join?

Tyrus

Quote from: ItsOzone on January 08, 2013, 09:26:04 PM
I'd love to apply, but I haven't read the books. I've read alot of books, among my favorites are the Warhammer 40K books. But after I watched Game of Thrones, I decided that I'd love to read them. However, as a college student, I find it hard to afford anything more than text books and ramen X_X

That said, may I still join?

I'm open to anyone interested and willing to seriously write and commit to the big story, but as a word of warning: even if we're diverging and doing a slight alternate universe sort of thing, the starting point of this RP is spoiler-ific for those who haven't at least read past the first book or finished the second season. A lot of the major events of the War of the Five Kings happen in the third book (the best in the series by far) parallel to the events depicted in the second book and second season. So I'm not sure what everyone might like to do, but it could include some 'DAMNIT!" spoilers that is best discovered from reading the books.
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting everyone know that I've added a bit more to my characters profile. Hopefully I'm all finished up now, hah. (Probably not.) Anyway! This game has inspired to me re-watch the series and pick up the books where I left off, so off I go! I'll be keeping my eyes open on E so if anyone has any feedback or questions about my character, go for it.

-xSRx

Charlemagne

Quote from: Tyrus on January 08, 2013, 09:45:32 PM
I'm open to anyone interested and willing to seriously write and commit to the big story, but as a word of warning: even if we're diverging and doing a slight alternate universe sort of thing, the starting point of this RP is spoiler-ific for those who haven't at least read past the first book or finished the second season. A lot of the major events of the War of the Five Kings happen in the third book (the best in the series by far) parallel to the events depicted in the second book and second season. So I'm not sure what everyone might like to do, but it could include some 'DAMNIT!" spoilers that is best discovered from reading the books.

I already know what happens with most of the characters, I looked lore and whatnot after I finished season two. I just couldn't handle having to wait until April, so I just looked up most of the things I was serious about. So spoilers are okay.

I'll be as sincere as possible when posting as well, I don't join group RPs unless I am sure I'll be able to devote time to it.

Photo

Quote from: Tyrus on January 08, 2013, 04:05:56 AM

Whew, that helps a lot. Serious lolz. I was considerably worried with how I would play the child king. More importantly, I was worried about what decisions I will have been forced to make, like beheading Stark...I can more clearly see how this will play out now.

Tyrus, given the power that my character does have; I'll be PMing you shortly.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Creative Accountant

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 08, 2013, 04:08:59 PM
Awesome. The characters so far look really cool.

Creative Accountant - Your guy is very attractive xD Just saying!

Just letting everyone know that my character has been completed. Hope everything is all in order.

-xSRx

Haha thanks Snorkle! I will hopefully finish him off today. I love the pendant by the way, its a nice personal touch.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Creative Accountant on January 09, 2013, 02:54:02 AM
Haha thanks Snorkle! I will hopefully finish him off today. I love the pendant by the way, its a nice personal touch.

I look forward to seeing the finished profile then (: And thank you very much. I really struggled to think of what her 'Equipment' would be, but I thought I something personal would be more her style.

-xSRx

jetblackmirror

Character Name: Ajora Xho
Loyalist or Separatist: Neutral (will explain more below)
House: Xho of the Red Flower Vale (Summer Islands)
Faction: None
Family: Prince Jalabhar Xho, Red Flower Vale - Father. Xala - Mother (whore).
Personality: Ajora has always been rather independent. Although living a somewhat privileged life in King's Landing with her father, they still did not hob-nob the same way other noble families did. Other than attending events for the King (Whether King Robert or King Joffery), they were often alone, and she did not feel the need to ask others to do simple tasks for her.

While somewhat introverted, she could be very charming and very lovely. Her father always told her she took after her mother in that respect, even able to make the foulest old man smile.

Like many of the people in the Summer Islands, she is very much laid back. Drinking and Sex where not seen as a bad or condemning thing for anyone in her eyes, whether noble blood or peasant. She had no problems stopping and having a long conversation with a common person, in fact, she believed that's how you met the most interesting people.

She has a bit of a fiery spirit, very much interested in the ways of war and fighting. She had always thought if she'd been born a man, she may have made a good soldier. Along with her love of archery, she'd always been amazed by sword battles. The sound of the metal, and the skill it took to handle one. She was the type of girl who would fight her assailants no matter the costs, because there was no way she was going down without a fight.
Equipment:

• Goldenheart Bow - Given to her on her 14th name day. Made from the rich, golden wood of the Goldenheart tree. Beautifully curved, and sturdy, with feather woodwork carved along either side.
  • Summer Island feather cape - Given to her by her father, made of vibrant, lush, multi-colored feathers. The fullest, and prettiest feathers decorate her shoulders, almost appearing to her her wings, while long feathers trail down to the middle of her back. The feathers come from a variety of exotic birds, all in bright shades of red, blue, yellow, orange, green, and purple.
More to come
Skills: Archery, Fishing, Sewing.
Origins/History: Not many noble men would take in a child born of a whore, but, for those from the Summer Islands, whore's were seen as respectible figures. Upon his arrival at Kings Landing, Jalahbar Xho met a beautiful Summer Isle whore by the name of Xala. Months later, Ajora was born, though her mother later died from problems after-birthing. Jalahbar took Ajora in and raised her as a princess, with hopes that one day he'd be able to return to his home with the new Princess of the Red Flower Vale.

From a very young age, she was trained to use a bow. It is tradition, and seen as an art form, as well as a weapon in war in the Summer Islands. Her father also taught her to fish, seeing as fishing is a big part of what keeps the people in the Summer Islands fed and well. She spends a fair amount of time at the docks, meeting the Summer Island merchants, and often times helping where she is needed. It made her feel closer to her home.

She remains in King's Landing with her exiled father, along with his continued hope that the very may help him reclaim the Summer Islands once again. However, though she also wishes for the same, she does not completely trust the royal family. Although much of the things she has heard are simply rumors, there is no denying that things are rocky. She is also convinced the King does not care about the Summer Islands. She does not raised her voice in the matter, though, because living in King's Landing is better than not having anywhere to be at all.

(Sorry if this seems scattered. I have a feeling I'll be cleaning this up and adding more to it as it comes to me.)
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

AstridGolden

Hi! Is it too late to jump in? I'd need a couple days to put together a character profile, but the thought of an AsoIaF-based/inspired roleplay makes me drool. I've read all of the books and am actually on my way through a re-read (more specifically, I'm halfway through A Feast for Crows, and - for fanatics like myself - the re-read is just as exciting as the first run-through); it's not lack of series knowledge that makes me a little nervous. Rather, I've never participated in a group roleplay before - at least on E. Assuming it's easy enough to get a handle on, mind if I join?
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

Tyrus

I'm about to do a re-read myself from the first book onwards. I love the series with a ridiculous passion.

It isn't too late at all! In fact, I don't think I'm alone in guessing that most of us are still tweaking and figuring out our characters and their motivations. Plus we still have to discuss, as a group, how we're going to organize our RP into a coherent structure as well as figure out the issues of how we're to interact with canon characters who aren't being directly played (example, if we let each other simply RP whatever NPC we need to further our own character's story).

I haven't done a group RP in a while but have been meaning and itching to. So please join, the more the merrier! :)

Also to all those with posted character profiles so far: awesome jobs! Making me jealous because I'm still fairly indecisive with my own (I posted mine in an earlier post if you had not seen it yet).

Primarch: Awesome character, will be interesting to see a fourth Lannister in play, especially a Red Priest! Did you think of Gerion Lannister (the favourite uncle of Jamie who went to Essos but never returned) when you made Daevon? Also, what GoT RP forum do you run/are a part of that you mentioned?

xSnorkleRainbow: I like the idea of another Arryn. I think the Arryn and the Vale have gotten the shaft in the books, not enough exploration into their culture, people or the ruling noble blood. The pendant is a nice touch too.

Photo: I think it's great you want to play King Joffrey. To be honest, I think we'll need someone to play him, as he'd be one of the most influential canons in any given RP that need to be governed. Still waiting for that PM you mentioned.

Eleah: A Greyjob bastard in the Riverlands! Awesome. You described her personality really well. What was your thoughts on how and why she's raiding with the bandits on the Kingsroad?

Creative Accountant: Didn't see the brother of Daario coming! We need a fierce sellsword with Arakhs to shake up the honorable knights and dishonorable bandits. One of my original plans was to play a Bloody Mummer/Brave Companion sellsword.

jetblackmirror: I love the idea of Xho's daughter. I was actually planning to play as a Summer Islander sworn to Jalabhar Xho (my RP request thread had that idea floating around for a while) but decided why not play as a Kingsguard knight.

Anyways great profiles everyone, makes me anxious to continuously tweak mine haha! Anyone who wants to join, just post here but please let me know if you're in it for the long-term/are serious in investing writing time into the thread. This is a group RP so it'll fall apart if people just don't put in the time or effort. I've seen it happen before with a great ASoIaF thread I started a year ago, unfortunately. :(

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tyrus on January 10, 2013, 12:50:48 AM

xSnorkleRainbow: I like the idea of another Arryn. I think the Arryn and the Vale have gotten the shaft in the books, not enough exploration into their culture, people or the ruling noble blood. The pendant is a nice touch too.

Thanks so much. Glad you like her. I agree, I really love what I've read/seen of the Eyrie and the Vale and would lvoe to expand on it. I was a bit worried at first about writting my character into a main house, but I think it'll work out and would quite a nice touch. I'm still trying to figure out why she'd be in Kings Landing, assuming everyone is going to be there and the RP is being based there for starters, but I'm sure that will come with time and much procrastinating haha.

-xSRx

Tyrus

Perhaps Lysa never left King's Landing and instead only sent Robert back up to the Eyrie? Or maybe Liliana is part of court, due to be engaged to one of the lovely (most likely despicable) lords within the Crownlands? I'm sure you'll find a way to make it to the city of death. :P

I personally think we'll be halved in the beginning. Half of us within the capital, the other half within the Riverlands/Crownlands, where the battlefield, banditry and journeys will take place. Seeing as how the Riverlands and Crownlands are within good riding distance, it won't be a stretch to have them all eventually interact, whether directly or indirectly.

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tyrus on January 10, 2013, 01:45:15 AM
Perhaps Lysa never left King's Landing and instead only sent Robert back up to the Eyrie? Or maybe Liliana is part of court, due to be engaged to one of the lovely (most likely despicable) lords within the Crownlands? I'm sure you'll find a way to make it to the city of death. :P

I personally think we'll be halved in the beginning. Half of us within the capital, the other half within the Riverlands/Crownlands, where the battlefield, banditry and journeys will take place. Seeing as how the Riverlands and Crownlands are within good riding distance, it won't be a stretch to have them all eventually interact, whether directly or indirectly.

I'm just letting you know that I've edited her History a little. I wanted her to grow up in the Eyrie so I've added in that she was sent home to The Vale from King's Landing by Lysa Arryn. (It makes more sense for her chracter to be brought up in the Eyrie than to remain at King's Landing. However I am going to have her leave to go to King's Landing after her mother's return to the Eyrie. Hope that makes sense xD

-xSRx

Eleah

Quote from: Tyrus on January 10, 2013, 12:50:48 AM
Eleah: A Greyjoy bastard in the Riverlands! Awesome. You described her personality really well. What was your thoughts on how and why she's raiding with the bandits on the Kingsroad?

I should probably get to finishing that history :-\ ... At the moment with all the fuss going on about Kings and succession and the war coming her grandfather was murdered and her brother was pressed into service on a Reaving vessel. That's left Ella out in the cold with only her mother to protect her from the displeasure of the local's who dislike her bastardry and those unsavoury characters who want to rape her. Her mother gave Ella a handful of golden dragons she scrounged over the years, a bow, arrows and a dagger and helped shear her hair short and sent her out with a merchant heading to the mainland. She ran off when they pulled into a fishing village and has been slowly making her way around the Riverlands poaching, stealing and looking for some purpose.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to have her in an outlaw group straight away. I thought I might join up with one of the characters here? Assuming we have some willing bandits.

Creative Accountant

I dont think it would be too much of a stretch for Casso to get involved in a little banditry given his skillset. Perhaps a chance meeting on the road to Kings Landing where he bumps in to the lovely Ella and charms his way into the group rather than being robbed at sword/knife/arrow point?

Im sure we can discuss it more later.

Just an FYI - I will be away 12th-19th Jan if things get started.

AdrianZef

Character Name: Bronn

Loyalist or Separatist: A Loyalist, if only because of the status of his current overlords (who pay him).

House: None.

Faction: Originally a sellsword, but now works for Tyrion Lannister. As opposed to serving Tyrion Lannister, he works for him because of the rewards he currently reaps.

Family: None.

Appearance: See Above. Bronn is not one for appearances, choosing to get his way through his fighting skill, his wits, and his opportunism, which had gotten him this far already. His appearance was usually one suited for a fight, as he was already to defend or fight. He knew the dangers of King's Landing, and had no intention of dying here.

Personality: Steady and even, but at the same time pragmatic and calculating. He doesn't talk very much, as it is never usually necessary to talk very much. Bronn doesn't get particularly emotional in most scenarios. His past and present lives have given him little to get emotional about, and he is always pragmatic. He does have a sense of dry wit, though, that makes him a lively enough companion, though some with a sense of humor less than Tyrion may not enjoy his dry humor.

On the battlefield, he is stout and dependable. He is not overly courageous, knowing the limits of his abilities and when to fight and when to retreat. He had no overarching goals other than to keep enjoy his life, and to make that life as long as possible.

Equipment: Weapons - A sword that always remains in its sheath on his hip. A knife in his boot for emergencies. A suit of mail and a plate of armor for his chest are hist standard armor, but he also owns a helmet and a bow which come in handy for some battles.

Skills:

• All-Around Fighting Skill - As a sellsword, Bronn was a handy fighter, with both a well-toned mind and body. He was more balanced in those two aspects than almost anyone else, at least as far as fighting was concerned.
  • Presence of Mind - Bronn is always paying attention to what is happening around him. He is also always thinking about his next move, and how it will serve him. Utterly pragmatic and hence, self-centered, he used his wits and opportunism to ensure that he always moved up, and never down.

Origins/History: Bronn had a rough childhood, becoming a sellsword rather quickly. He killed when he was young, and he had a skill with the blade. Clearly, his best career path was that of a sellsword. His rough childhood had hardened him from most things, and he mostly traveled alone. Of course, that was until he met Tyrion and followed him to the Eyrie. He was an interesting character, that one. Sure enough, Bronn found himself elevated up in the Lannister ranks because of Tyrion, and he figured that this would be the place for him. Not that he was necessarily seeking power, gold, or women. He just did whatever he deemed best for his future.

Bronn didn't talk about his past much, and for good reason. He didn't share it because it was rather rough, and there was no reason anyone needed to know a sellsword's past, in any case. So, to this point, he remains furtive about his past, but that has never presented a problem because of his skill with a blade.

Primarch