War of the Five Kings - A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) RP

Started by Tyrus, January 03, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1SAZ

Are you still accepting characters? If so, are their any factions that are not currently covered/needed for the war? I ask because I have a number of characters that I could put in to fill a needed space.

Creative Accountant

Quote from: 1SAZ on February 07, 2013, 02:38:41 AM
Are you still accepting characters? If so, are their any factions that are not currently covered/needed for the war? I ask because I have a number of characters that I could put in to fill a needed space.

Still Accepting (I think) as Tyrus or anyone else for that matter has said otherwise. Are you playing multiple characters or do you just have multiple in mind?

2 x Lannister (although photo is playing all Lannisters i think if not taken)
2 x Baratheon (If you count Joffrey as a Baratheon and not a Lannister)
1 x Stark (Sansa possibly joining as Sansa)
1 x Arryn
1 x Dorne
1 x High Septon
1 x Riverland Faction - Anti-tully
1 x Stormcrow Merc
1 x Summer Islander

I think thats everyone so apologies if you were missed...

1SAZ

A number of character concepts, just going to play one for the time being though. I'll probably post my character sometime tonight or in the morning.

1SAZ

The Bell Chimes

Character Name: Ser Martyn Belmore
Loyalist or Separatist: Separatist
House: House Arryn of The Eryie, Born of House Belmore of Strongsong
Faction: Captain of the Guard of The Eryie
Family: Lord Benedar Belmore (Uncle)
             Ser Marwyn Belmore (Father)
             Lady Felicia Belmore Nee Arryn (Mother)
             Ser Robert Belmore (Brother, Elder, Knight of the Kingsguard)
Appearance: Like many of the Belmore family, Martyn sports the characteristic copper hair cut in short waves over his head. His eyes appear as pools of blue the same shade as the mid day sky, giving him a glint in his eye of hope that has been lost on his family for generations. While slim and lanky like his father, his body is toned from training and quite tall, though not nearly as much as Ser Gregor Clagane. He often holds at least a week old beard that he keeps immaculately trimmed, except when he is acting in a tournament on behalf of his father's or mother's families. He has a scar across his left eyebrow from where his father's sword nearly took his head after a night of drinking and Martyn's attempt to save a peasant from his father's scorn.
Personality: Martyn is a kind hearted soul with a prominent smile upon his face showing the joy that he takes from the simpler things in life. He is not one to let a person suffer, and has been seen aiding farmers in plowing fields and hunting with a group of peasants wishing to feed their families. He is well loved by the peoples of the Vale for his sense of justice and his willingness to do whatever is needed to make sure all are comfortable. Unlike his father before him, he has never unfairly punished a subject of the Arryn's lordship, often preferring flogging to most other punishments. He is also noted for his diligence in study and investigation.
Equipment:

• A broadsword, Northstar, which received upon being knighted. It is his family's ancestral blade and made of Valarian Steel.
  • A dagger with a blue leather hilt and a steel falcon's head pommel. It is the last memento of his former mentor and he keeps it upon his belt at all times.
  • A steel breastplate and pauldrons. His right pauldron is emblazoned with a blue falcon, signifying his service to the Arryns. He has his right arm armored completely while leaving his left almost completely uncovered other than his pauldron.
  • A letter from Jon Arryn urging Martyn to head to King's Landing immediately, dated just prior to Jon's death.
  • A heater shield showing Martyn's personal coat of arms, six silver bells surrounding a silver falcon on a split field of purple and blue. He rarely carries it unless serving in a tournament.
  • During his current trip to King's Landing, Martyn wears a leather doublet with the top left partially open, a belt holding his sword at his left hip and his dagger at the small of his back, and a horse carrying the rest of his gear. Upon the collar of his doublet is a blue falcon sewn into the leather signifying his status as Guard Captain of the Eryie.
Skills:

• Expert Swordsman: Serving as Elbert Arryn's squire prior to his death, Martyn saw how a True Knight was supposed to live. This instilled in him a set of values that had grown with him in his many years. One of those values was diligence of studies, which he applied to the art of the sword. Since his knighting, he has often fought other knights to standstills in tournament melees, including the Kingslayer himself, though the battle usually ends in the Jaime's favor do to his willingness to fight slightly less honorably.
  • Fisherman: When not acting as a guard of the Eryie, Martyn often spends his days fishing in one of the numerous inlets in the Vale.
  • Cooking: Martyn has learned how to cook from his days serving as Elbert's squire. Elbert had his squire cook every meal that he ate except his last, to help the young boy learn to take care of himself. Even with the minimal supplies, Martyn can make quite the impressive meal.
Origins/History: As a child, Martyn had only known one kindness, that of his mother. His father wished the boy to see that the world was a place of harsh realities, in hopes that the boy would one day become lord of their house after his brother's death. His mother, however, wished the boy only happiness and joy. This youth had instilled in Martyn a sense of idealism that stuck with him beyond childhood. It was also this idealism that caused a schism between him and his father that continues on to current years.

On Martyn's 5th Name Day, he was taken to the seat of his mother's house as part of a promise his father had made to the Lord of The Vale. That promise was that Martyn would stay with the Arryn's and learn from Jon Arryn's nephew, Elbert, in the ways of knighthood. This pact was partly to ensure Martyn's father's place as Guard Captain despite his age, and to improve his cousin-in-law's disposition of the increasingly irritating actions of his brother. For Jon, he was just happy to have his cousin's son under his watch and his nephew's tutelage. It also gave his daughter someone to play with other than his numerous nieces after her birth. He wished his daughter a friend.

As Martyn aged, he learned quite a bit from his "new family", particularly what it was like to have a mentor he could truly look up to. He and Elbert became close very quickly during his his tutelage, often being found playing rather than training, at least that's what Martyn remembered. That relationship had helped shaped the man he would be later in his life, as well as the events that pulled them apart far too soon. At the age of only eight, Martyn found out what it was like to lose someone he loved when Elbert went off with Brandon Stark and his squire to rescue Brandon's sister from Rhaegar Targaryan's abduction. Elbert left his squire behind due to his age, stating that "These weren't the matters of children and wooden swords." As he left, he gave the boy a dagger with a falcon's head for a pommel, implying that he would return for it.

After Robert's Rebellion, Martyn continued to stay with the Arryn's in the Eryie. It wasn't until he was sixteen that he had once again came into contact with his own father, only to be told of his mother's death. The news shocked the boy, though it tempered his resolve to become a knight once more. Under the watch of Jon and his friend Eddard, who felt he owed the boy for the death of his mentor when aiding his brother, he was taught all there was to know about combat and chivalry. It was on Martyn's 21st name day that he entered a tournament in Kings Landing at the suggestion of Jon and the approval of King Robert. Martyn nearly won the melee, only being beaten by Jaime, who had entered out of sheer boredom. As thanks for the good fight, Jaime did the young man the favor of naming him a knight under the laws of the Seven Kingdoms.

Once returning to The Vale, Martyn had found that his father fell off his horse and injured his leg. His uncle, seeing his brother's injury as weakness, took their ancestral blade and all titles sworn upon Marwyn and bestowed them to the next in line of succession. While the blade was his to give, the titles however were not, and Martyn returned to King's Landing once more to speak with Jon about what he should do. While Jon was annoyed with the arrogance of Lord Belmore, he agreed that Marwyn could not continue on as Captain of the Guard. As such, he allowed Martyn to take his father's title if he wished.

Note: Though the Belmore's words never appear in the books, I decided to make theirs up. If it's not alright, I can remove them.

xPeachyPuff

Ohh, Interesting character 1SAZ. We should probably work something out together since I've created my character to be John Arryn's first born daughter. She's spent most of her life at the Eyrie after she was sent back there from King's Landing because of her mother, Lysa Arryn.

-xSRx

1SAZ

Thank you. He was a fun character to write up due to the way I wanted to handle his affiliation with his own family (or lack there of). Please pop me a PM with any ideas you have for the two, as I have a few thoughts about the current situation (from what I read everyone is supposed to be in King's Landing for some reason or another).

Tyrus

Love the new profiles guys. I'm always keen for new players who are eager and committed. :)

Sorry for taking so long in preparation too, everyone. Unfortunately RL caught me as I stated before, but I'm definitely committed to seeing this through, especially with so many awesome writers who seem as enthusiastic on writing some ASoIaF stories as me haha.

I have finished the King's Landing intro, Red Keep intro and Edric's opening post. I'm going to put the topics up now (OOC and the main KL topic) and provide the links shortly. The opening post sets Edric within the Red Keep under the pretense of a royal hearing being held in the Great Hall, called by King Joffrey. If you envision your character to be within KL but in another area other than the Keep, feel free to go ahead and post and write up the area your character is starting within. If you don't feel like doing the description, throw up the post, send me a PM and I'll give you a quick intro of the area for you to edit and put into your post later. :)

Hope everyone is still on board!

Link to King's Landing topic: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165338.0
Link to OOC of War of the Five Kings: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165339.0
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

Tyrus

Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

I will be playing Sansa (:
Im sorry, im out of town and on from my phone
I will try to join the internet soon!
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Tyrus

Can't wait for your profile. :)

So is everyone still in? Have some of you decided to drop? Let me know. :)

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 15, 2013, 09:09:18 PM
Okay so i guess that boots me out then. Have fun guys

I think you might have misconstrued what he meant when he said "Can't wait," unless I've missed something.

sansa

As much as i would love to play, i am not sure if im at a complete understanding of this version of the game. I good with the original characters but start toget a bit lost bringing new ones in and i dunno where in the story we are starting so i sadly might need to pass any how
O/O

Tyrus

I meant can't wait to see your profile because I'd love to have you play Sansa and see your profile, but okay then?

New characters are always welcome. Sorry you misunderstood.

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

Alrightyyy. Well can you let me know pleaseee, where are we starting in the story? :)
O/O

Tyrus

My first post in the thread hopefully covers most of it. Essentially it's set during the War of the Five Kings (so the events of Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords) in an obvious alternate scenario as several of the characters are related to the great houses in this RP (Baratheon, Lannister, Arryn). Most of us will be playing our own original characters but two participants, Photo and AdrianZef, have chosen to play King Joffrey and Bronn, respectively.

The initial premise drawing us all to King's Landing is Joffrey calling a royal hearing. This is a few weeks/months after the execution of Eddard Stark, and everything that plays out from here will be our own story. I had hoped we would be able to discuss our plans and plot ideas in the OOC but I think many of the people here haven't logged on yet to see I posted the RP (as I took quite some time to do so, my bad).

Sansa is a great character within ASoIaF so it'd be great to see you play her. Your own take on her character, her history, her motivations and interactions with us is pretty much up to you. :)

My RP Request Thread.