War of the Five Kings - A Song of Ice and Fire (Game of Thrones) RP

Started by Tyrus, January 03, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrus

"When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground." -- Cersei Lannister.

Westeros is in chaos, engulfed by the devastating multi-theater conflict referred to as the War of the Five Kings. With the death of the Usurper, old foes, unresolved conflict and simmering schemes comes to full effect in a bloodbath of murder, theft, regicide, rape, and betrayal.

With the Usurper's two brothers -- Stannis and Renly Baratheon -- both making a claim to the Iron Throne against King Joffrey, the North rising up to govern its own realm with their own king, Robb Stark, and the Iron Islands taking advantage of the chaos in seceding their lands by crowning Balon Greyjoy, the Seven Kingdoms are completely and utterly divided.

Original post: Hey everyone. I'm a big fan of the Song of Ice and Fire book series by author George R.R. Martin, as well as the television show Game of Thrones, also based on his first two books. I'm also a sucker for great roleplay and thought why not combine the two?

Essentially, I'm hoping to see and gather interest in making a group roleplay based in the SOIAF universe, set around the pivotal War of the Five Kings, which stretches out between three books and has started already in the first and second seasons of the television show. I think in this instance, both canon and original characters would be great to roleplay, and with such a rich universe it'll be fun to see what characters, histories and intertwining conflict people can stir up.

I also think, if the story comes to it, that we should set this in an alternate universe to allow some creative freedom with certain characters or battles.

So before I elaborate, I just want to see if anyone is interested. Post here or PM me.

Character Sheet

Character Name: The name of your character.
Loyalist or Separatist: What side of the War you are fighting on and for.
House: Choose what House your character is tied too, whether through family or as a liege lord.  For example, the major Houses are Arryn (The Vale), Baratheon (Stormlands), Crownlands, Greyjoy (Iron Islands), Lannister (Westerlands), Martell (Dorne), Stark (The North), Tully (Riverlands), Tyrell (The Reach).
Faction: Elaborate on any affiliations your character has with certain organizations. For example, the Brave Companions (Bloody Mummers), the Night's Watch, The Kingsguard, Red Priests, Silent Sisters, etc.
Family: Your character's family. Include whether or not your character is part of the major houses through blood, or through being a sworn bannerman, retainer or servant.
Appearance: Written descriptions or image.
Personality: Disposition of your character.
Equipment: Weapons, armor, personal belongings, etc. Give detail.
Skills: Traits, talents, abilities your character possesses. Depending on what house and family your character is a part of, give skills related to them.
Origins/History: Self-explanatory.

War of the Five Kings

Timeline the RP takes place: Second half of 298AL (the end of the first book and the start of the second as well as parallel events in the third book).
Setting(s): King's Landing, Riverlands and Crownlands.
Major differences and points of divergence from the established canon:

• The Arryn family have a daughter as the Eyrie and Vale's eldest heir, Liliana Arryn -- played by xSnorkleRainbow.
  • The Baratheon family have a first cousin as one of the Kingsguard Seven, Edric Baratheon -- played by Tyrus. He takes the position of the obscure Ser Preston Greenfield from the books.
  • The Lannister family have a middle brother, Daevon Lannister -- played by Primarch. He is a returning Westerosi -- now a Red Priest -- from Essos.
  • Jalabhar Xho, the exiled prince of the Red Flower Vale of the Summer Isles, has a daughter, Ajora Xho -- played by jetblackmirror. She is the heir to the Red Flower Vale.
  • Daario Naharis of the Stormcrows has a brother, Casso Naharis -- played by Creative Accountant.
  • Tyene Sand, the third Sand Snake, is played by AstridGolden, and replaces her father, Prince Oberyn or the "Red Viper", as the Dorne representative sent to King's Landing to propose Dorne's terms and response to Princess Myrcella Baratheon's betrothal to Prince Trystane Martell, the marriage of which is also proposed by Tyrion Lannister slightly earlier than in the books.

The Players

Westerosi

The Falcon:
The Kraken:
The Lion:                        
The Stag:

The Sun and Spear:
Citizens of the Free Cities, Essos and the Summer Isles

The Stormcrows:
The Red Flower Vale:
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,
𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚐𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝 𝚜𝚔𝚢.

xPeachyPuff

I would also be very interested, though I haven't read all the books. I'm currently making my way through the 2nd book but have seen all the GoT TV Series. Hope that's alright.

-xSRx

mj2002

Definitely interested. I have no idea what to choose though, house/character wise.

Tyrus

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 04, 2013, 12:33:57 PM
I would also be very interested, though I haven't read all the books. I'm currently making my way through the 2nd book but have seen all the GoT TV Series. Hope that's alright.

-xSRx

That's okay. I deliberately left out bigger details in the synopsis as to emphasis the starting point for an alternate take on the events rather than risk spoiling it for those who love the books or series but haven't finished them yet. The War of the Five Kings is a pretty major conflict for the first three books so there's plenty of areas and things we can cover.

For those interested, did you want to RP all in the same area as to make events easier to manage and reply too? Example, our characters may all be from different houses but are generally in the same geographical area (Westereos, the Crownlands/Riverlands/King's Landing, where most of the military, political and personal drama of the War takes place).
Sex and death. They're different, but the same. To reach that final moment, that climax, you got to give up control - of your body, of your soul. And love? Well, if sex is sweet and death is bitter, love is both. Love will always and forever break your heart.

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tyrus on January 04, 2013, 05:47:43 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone!

That's okay. I deliberately left out bigger details in the synopsis as to emphasis the starting point for an alternate take on the events rather than risk spoiling it for those who love the books or series but haven't finished them yet. The War of the Five Kings is a pretty major conflict for the first three books so there's plenty of areas and things we can cover.

For those interested, did you want to RP all in the same area as to make events easier to manage and reply too? Example, our characters may all be from different houses but are generally in the same geographical area (Westereos, the Crownlands/Riverlands/King's Landing, where most of the military, political and personal drama of the War takes place).

That's awesome then (: Glad it doesn't matter too much. I will try my best to get through them asap though haha.

I think that's probably a good idea too. Don't know about everyone else, but yeah, that's my opinion (:

-xSRx

Creative Accountant

I am very interested! I would love to be a Stark but happy to play others depending on numbers or whatever.

My only question would be how all the characters interact given the vastness of Westeros. Is everyone in Kings Landing or do they all have speedy crows and horses?

Ok I just read your reply to someone regarding the point above. I would guess having everyone within a small region would be easiest for interaction between all.

jetblackmirror

I definitely think that's a good idea.
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

Tyrus

Quote from: Creative Accountant on January 04, 2013, 06:00:23 PM
I am very interested! I would love to be a Stark but happy to play others depending on numbers or whatever.

My only question would be how all the characters interact given the vastness of Westeros. Is everyone in Kings Landing or do they all have speedy crows and horses?

Ok I just read your reply to someone regarding the point above. I would guess having everyone within a small region would be easiest for interaction between all.

I think if there's enough interest and enough players that we could potentially have other stories from different geographical areas running parallel. Swift Ravens and horses should make some form of communication between other groups work, but if there's not enough serious interest,  it would be probably smartest if we keep all characters in the same general region and continent. Unless multiple characters is something people would like to do.

My RP Request Thread.

Jezabelle

Oh man, this is a real toss up for me.

Adore the books and world, but my question is-- who would I be? It seems this is largely noble-centric, but depending on the setting it seems like other sorts of characters (assassins, spies, smugglers, whores, maesters) would help serve to mix things up.

Is this going to be based largely in Kings' Landing? If so, I think there's a lot more room for those kinds of characters. If not I'm still interested, it's just with GoT (aka ASoIaF) there's so much one could be that deciding what you are is very hard.

Tyrus

Quote from: Jezabelle on January 04, 2013, 10:46:05 PM
Oh man, this is a real toss up for me.

Adore the books and world, but my question is-- who would I be? It seems this is largely noble-centric, but depending on the setting it seems like other sorts of characters (assassins, spies, smugglers, whores, maesters) would help serve to mix things up.

Is this going to be based largely in Kings' Landing? If so, I think there's a lot more room for those kinds of characters. If not I'm still interested, it's just with GoT (aka ASoIaF) there's so much one could be that deciding what you are is very hard.

The POV characters of ASoIaF have always generally been noble-born or of high blood, but that does not necessarily mean our characters have to be. King's Landing is a nexus for all types of people as you've listed, which is why I thought it would be the best place to base most of our RP. The War of the Five Kings essentially engulfs the city and the Crownlands surrounding it into dismay and the drama, and the nearby Riverlands is also a good setting, where most of the battles, raids, pillages, and other infantry-perspective drama on the field takes place. It's also close enough to be realistic for certain characters (travellers, soldiers, assassins, spys) to be able to come back and forth and interact with other characters.

I'd love it if you wanted to play a character outside of a noble-centric birth, and I'm sure others would too.

Personally, I'm interested in involving a character in both the political arena of King's Landing and the battlefield; I might be a Kingsguard member. But I also was hoping to play an extreme Outsider; either a Faceless Man from Braavos or an exiled warrior from the Summer Isles. But there's plenty of other possibilities, so I'm just as indecisive as you on who and how to play. :P

My RP Request Thread.

mj2002

Primarch

I'm a big fan of the shoe & books. I'd also agree with limiting locations for now. Perhaps focus on all the houses loyal to one or two factions for now? A thread in King's Landing for Baratheon Loyalists & a thread in Riverun for Stark/Tully rebels (or at least those loyal to the King-in-the-North. Would be much easier then trying to accomadate everyone, like having a thread for a single person that wants to play an Iron Born.

Concerning OCs, I assume we can make our own custom Houses loyal to one King or the other, but what about an OC that's a part of a Great House?

Tyrus

Yes, I agree with that idea. It would be too far-reaching and complex to include everyone equally and easily if we did too much geographical division.

I threw the alternate timeline/scenario idea around, so if you're making an original character that is directly of blood to a Great House, just write a synopsis of the house in general and the canon details, then add your character's history and alternate details on how they belong to the Great House.

So on my count, so far there are 7 interested parties, myself included, in doing this RP. What else do people want to discuss?

My RP Request Thread.

Ascia

Is a Water Dancer allowed? Is a Red Priest/ess allowed? Is a Master of Whisperers allowed? If so, to what level? Are we talking someone that's Varys of Gulltown is okay, but not Varys himself or someone to his equivilant? Will the Others and the Wildlings play into the game at all? Are we allowed to play hugely impactful canons such as a royal?

Are we doing a scripted story within the universe at the timeline of the Five Kings? Are are we doing something more freeform and individual?

Sorry. You did ask for other questions. ^_^

Tyrus

It's an alternate/parallel take on the War of the Five Kings, so I think the story is flexible enough to include such original characters. G.R.R.M's established universe is so rich anyway that it wouldn't be a stretch at all to play as a Water Dancer or Red Priestess caught in the chaos of the war.

If you wanted to play your own take of Varys and his level of power, I think it would be cool so long as the character and subsequent storylines and interactions that spawn from it aren't overly one-sided. Power struggles are pretty much the bread and butter of ASoIaF, so as long as she/he is not too immensely influential and powerful in comparison to the other characters, it would be awesome.

I think seeing as how in the storyline, the Others and Wildings are still far beyond the Wall, they wouldn't play any sort of significant role, unless everyone wants to take the RP into a drastically alternate direction.

I think some players acting as canons is needed and okay.

What I had in mind was something more freeform, individual and flexible.

My RP Request Thread.

Eleah

Oh I've been looking for something like this for awhile! I'd love to play someone caught in the middle of the conflict, just doing her best to try and survive, not having a side originally but forming alliances as the plot progresses. Count me in!

Tyrus

Awesome.  Why doesn't everyone begin to shape up their character profiles and post here?

"Then or now, we swore a vow."

Character Name: Ser Edric Baratheon.
Age/Birthdate: 28 (born 270AL).
Loyalist or Separatist: Loyalist.
House: Baratheon, principal house of the Stormlands and Crownlands.
Faction: The Kingsguard.
Family: Lord Harbert II Baratheon {father}, Ora Wylde {mother}, Steffon Baratheon {Uncle}, Robert Baratheon {cousin, liege lord, former King}, Stannis Baratheon (cousin), Renly Baratheon (cousin).

Appearance: Edric is, at first glance, an intimidating figure. With strong Baratheon blood, he possesses the typical identifiable "Stag" features; black hair, naturally large physique and tall stature, all reinforced further when he is fully armoured in his white Kingsguard armour. His one differing feature is his eyes: he possesses his mother's grey and stormy eyes typical of a Wylde instead of the Baratheon blue. Edric is particularly big across the chest, with broad shoulders and arms thick with muscle.

Personality: In stark comparison to his cousins, Edric is much less boisterous or arrogant in his demeanour. From an acquaintance's point of view, Edric is calm, collected and in control of his emotions and power, as expected of one of the Kingsguard Seven. A friend or family member would agree, as Edric does exert a less flamboyant persona than the booming Robert, extravagant Renly or reserved Stannis. However, he has been known in his later years for his outspokeness within the realms of knights and nobles: Edric is extremely critical of fellow knights who break the code, corrupt lords and the many criminals of King's Landing. He has even angered and made enemies of multiple lords of the Crownlands due to his vocal nature, a trait which even Stannis and Renly have suppressed in favour of remaining high in the ever dangerous game of thrones.

When roused into battle or action, Edric possesses the natural charisma and iconic booming voice typical of a Baratheon, made for commanding and leading men into battle. He is fiercely loyal to his family, the Iron Throne and the Kingsguard, despite his widely differing and opposing political opinions.

However, with what appears to be a natural confidence and an unbiased, undistorted outspokenness comes insecurities. Edric's disdain for weakness, corruption and sin comes from his own shortcomings, failures, and burdens of guilt: he is a lot more critical of his own abilities than his cousins and other brothers of the Kingsguard. He constantly and vigorously trains to forget the many feelings of lust, anger and fear he experiences, and the multiple transgressions in which he never forgets, in an attempt to live by and uphold a code of knighthood that deep down, he knows does not truly exist.

Equipment:

• Kingsguard White Armor, Cloak, Sword and Shield: the traditional garb and equipment of the White Swords. While all of his armour is plain white, Edric has modified his shoulder plates and shield to display the sigil of the Baratheon Stag on the Wylde blue-green maelstrom on gold.

• Morningstar: While Edric is primarily trained in the use of longswords, he has displayed a particular skill and fondness for morningstars in combat, keeping one holstered on his left side during combat.

Skills:

• Knight and Kingsguard training: Being of noble blood, Edric received ample combat training from a young age. Combined with his natural strength as a Baratheon, he has grown to become a formidable fighter worthy of the Kingsguard, and is considered by the court and his fellow knights as extremely dangerous with his morningstar. However, he is not as experienced or lethal as his other brothers, such as Ser Barristan the Bold, Ser Jamie Lannister, or Ser Mandon Moore, and is often assigned to less aggressive postings that require indirect intimidation rather than brute force or sheer experience.
  • More to come...

Origins/History: Edric Baratheon was once a particularly passionate young child who, like most children, held a warped view of the world. From childhood, Edric aspired to be a knight, admiring the art of sword, shield and lance after hearing his father's numerous warstories of the War of the Ninepenny Kings. A childhood visit to King's Landing in 278AL on his 8th nameday made Edric more infatuated with the idea of war and glory. Along with his two older first cousins, Robert and Stannis, Edric was insistent of his future as a Commander, Captain or Knight of high honour and valour.

That same year, the then King Aerys asked Edric's uncle, Lord Steffon, to find a suitable bride for Prince Rhaegar in the Free Cities. Edric was dropped off by sea at Tarth to live as a ward under Lord Selwyn Tarth, as planned, despite the youth's insistence to travel with his parents. Edric's father and mother, Lord Harbert II Baratheon and Lady Ora Wylde accompanied Lord Steffon, whose entire ship was later caught in a storm in Shipbreaker Bay from their return to Westeros a few months later, with all aboard perishing. Watching from atop of Evenfall Hall on Tarth as the remains of the ship were retrieved from the ocean, this event shook Edric deeply, and gave him an extreme fear of the sea and anything associated with it.

Due to his young age, Edric was held back on Tarth, despite Lord Jon Arryn, who took care of Robert, offering to reunite him with his older cousin. While his two older cousins eventually went off to fight in Robert's Rebellion, Edric felt weak and hopeless without any of his remaining immediate family around him. Edric proceeded to re-focus his depression, loneliness and fear of the sea into relentless combat training with the master-of-arms and knights of Tarth. He displayed, like his cousins, an aptitude for knight's training, and developed a particular side skill and fondness for morningstars and spiked maces over the traditional sword. He struck a strong friendship with Lord Selwyn Tarth's daughter, Brienne Tarth, who was an outsider mocked for her gender. Brienne was extremely skilled with the sword, besting Edric multiple times as good as any man, but she was still a woman, and considered inferior.

The constant displays of disrespect that several of the Stormland and Tarth knights showed towards Brienne -- and by extension, Edric when he attempted to defend her -- disillusioned him slightly in his views of the concept of the honourable knight. However, his youth and naivety still blinded him to the broader realities of "noble" knights and soldiers, and he eventually joined in the taunting to be accepted. He lost Brienne as a friend in the process, and though he laughed at the time as she walked away with utter contempt of him, he could not erase that memory of the disappointment of him that her eyes had carried.

By 283AL, when Robert took his seat on the Iron Throne, Edric answered the King's invitation to court, though it was no small feat. It took Edric a great amount of mental preparation to board a ship to the mainlands, but his fear soon came back as he stepped aboard. In his shame, he quietly asked the maester's steward of Evenfall Hall to supply him dreamwine for the voyage, as to completely avoid his fear of sailing and the sea. He made it to King's Landing, asleep for nearly three weeks due to a near lethal overdose, the crew all the while fearing for their lives had he died upon their docking.

Seeing the victorious Robert in his prime, Edric was inspired and reinvigorated by his cousin's strength and determination to best his own obstacles. He spent the next 15 years living in King's Landing under Robert's household, and continued his hard training under the Red Keep's Dornish master-at-arms, Aron Santagar, learning the ways of the spear and halberd in addition to the sword, shield and mace. It was through his training that Santagar had reccommended him as a squire to Ser Mandon Moore of the Kingsguard, and while his lord was a brooding man, Edric had felt honoured none the less. While squiring for Ser Mandon, Robert proceeded to send Ser Mandon, Ser Barristan and Ser Eddard Stark to lead the charge in what became known as the Greyjoy Rebellion, and by extension, Edric. Not daring to defy Robert's orders, Edric journeyed to meet his first encounter of true war.

But war never changes. The Greyjoy Rebellion transformed Edric's idealistic views of honour into something more realistic after seeing so many "noble" lords, knights and soldiers rape, kill and steal from the retreating ironborn, but nothing compared to the hydrophobia he experienced. He insisted that he met his fears of the sea head on like any grand knight, and volunteered to be part of the van of Baratheon ships that lead the battle. His feigned confidence almost cost him dearly; Edric nearly drowned while invading Harlaw when his ship, The Stag's Pride, suffered significant damage against the frontline Iron Fleet. Frozen literally and emotionally with fear in his realisation of drowning when his ship broke in half, he grabbed onto one of the common-born soldiers swimming nearby and used him to stay afloat until he reached a piece of debris. The soldier he used drowned from his superior strength and weight.

Edric eventually washed up upon the shore of Harlaw with two other knights who had witnessed what he had done, and who proceeded to threaten him. In a mixture of adrenaline, guilt and desperation, he brutally cut them down, willing to kill innocent men to preserve his outward image; anything to become a knight. Afterwards, led one of the first ground assaults on Ten Towers, helping capture the resisting foothold with some landing Northmen and refusing to stop fighting until his body reached physical exhaustion. For his "bravery", he was nicknamed the Stag's Fury and the Survivor by the soldiers, for being the only known Baratheon man aboard The Stag's Pride, to survive, and the way he had literally crushed through the defending ironborn with his morningstar. He was knighted after the battle, though his feelings of fear and guilt had incapacitated him for the rest of the military campaign. It spurned him to train himself harder in his immense shame, and to try and forget what he had done. He knew on the inside that he was no knight, yet when the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard himself had put his sword on his shoulder, he chose to accept the title and the armour all the same.

Edric's first moment of "glory" came in the Tourney at Lannisport, held a few months later in 289AL: at the age of nine-and-ten, he was one of the youngest men to progress into the final jousts with the exception of Jamie Lannister. He defeated Lord Whent and Kingsguard member Ser Boros Blount -- in better shape and form at the time -- with one lance each, though he lost to Lord Yohn Royce in a ruling of nine versus eight broken lances. Edric also participated in the following Lannisport melee, where he was one of the final five knights standing. He was defeated by Ser Jorah Mormont.

Edric's constant training, and display of strength and humility both in the field and in court eventually convinced Lord Commander Ser Barristan the Bold of his worth. Edric's direct blood relation and supplementary recommendation from King Robert contributed to his eventual entry into the Kingsguard alongside Arys Oakheart a year later in 290AL, much to the dismay of Jamie and Cersei, who both had wished for another Westerling to join their ranks rather than another potentially threatening Baratheon, though Edric did not know anything of their future plot.

Edric's dream to be part of the Kingsguard had become a reality, and this solidified his mental barrier of blocking out his guilt to be the best knight his House and Westeros had ever seen. However, his physical closeness to King Robert over the next eight years, who he had witnessed first hand grow into an obese, roaring drunk, his cruel and despicable second cousin Joffrey, and the presence of Ser Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer, made him cynical of his vows, of who he was serving, and the concept of knighthood, loyalty and honour. His thoughts soon shifted back to his memories of his father and mother drowning in Shipbreaker Bay, the way he and the Tarth knights had treated Brienne, and the men he had selfishly and dishonourably killed to save himself during the Greyjoy Rebellion. His mental well-being in shambles, Edric resorted to excessive amounts of wine in his off-duty time to drown away his immense burden and emotional instability.

At the onset of the War of the Five Kings, Edric found himself internally split between serving Joffrey, his rightful King, second cousin and favourite cousin's son, and running off to fight for Stannis or Renly. As a Kingsguard member, he knew he could not break his holy vows, but the loyal man within him could not allow his conscience to silently serve Joffrey, who showed himself cruel and incapable, or ignore the whispers of Joffrey being the spawn of incest between Cersei and Jamie. However, his internal cowardice and acknowledgement of his own past crimes spurned him to submit to his duty. His Baratheon blood and known close relationships with Stannis and Renly has kept the Lannisters watching him for any sign of defection, and so he remains serving the Crown, at the cost of his honor and dignity.

My RP Request Thread.

Primarch

Character Name: Daevon Lannister
Loyalist or Separatist: Loyalist
House: Lannister
Faction: Red Priest
Family: Tywin Lannister (Father), Joanna Lannister (Mother, deceased), Jaime & Cersei Lannister (siblings, elder), Tyrion Lannister (sibling, junior)
Appearance:

Personality: If Robert Baratheon was born a Lannister, he is likely to have been as Daevon is. The man is proud and gregarious, he is quick to laugh and quicker to smile. He is fond of banter and wit to know end. His temperament has perhaps been cooled somewhat since he took to the red cloth and became a Red Priest. His faith in R'hllor gives him an almost infinite well of courage to draw from, but it would be a mummer's farce if he claimed to not know fear.

For all his positive traits however, it would take a true fool to forget he is still a Lannister and possesses all of the Lannister cunning. He has not forgotten what his father ordered on Rhaegar's family and if he had half a chance, he would kill Gregor Clegane. He is very aware his father will not live forever, and he is still the Heir to Casterly Rock by every law in the land.   

Equipment:

• Greatsword: Daevon's weapon of choice is a great sword, due to his tendency to set it on fire in combat he doesn't use a particular blade and acquires a new one often.
  • Plate Armour: Daevon wears a heavy suit of plate armour, masterfully crafted. As a Red Priest the suit is all red. He wears a large hooded cloak, he tends to use the cloak over his helm when not in pressing need.
  • Oils: Like other Red Priests, Daevon is known to set his blade ablaze. These oils help him do it.
Skills:

• Knight: Daevon squired under Rhaegar Targaryen for some years before Robert's Rebellion until Rhaegar's death. He is a highly proficient knight (although never actually anointed), if not as technically talented as his elder brother Jaime. Daevon is physically stronger then Jaime however, being of stature akin to Sandor Clegane and this makes him perhaps an equally dangerous foe in his own right. His primary weapon is a greatsword, but he is also proficient with all tradtional melee weapons of a Knight (mace, hammer, axe, flail) and is as comfortable fighting mounted as he is on foot. Being the close friends of Rhaegar, he occasionally learned from Arthur Dayne & others of the then Kingsguard.
  • Red Priest: Daevon has been in Essos since Robert's Rebellion and has spent most of that time becoming a Red Priest. He is capable of performing all rituals associated with a Red Priest, but it is only since the rumours of dragons that his rituals appear to receive the attention of the Red God.
  • Musician: It was not just how to kill a man that Daevon learned from Rhaegar, he also taught him the harp. He is better than many a court bard, but would be of no talent compared to Rhaegar himself.

Origins/History:
Daevon Lannister was brought screaming into the world in 268 AL, born to Joanna & Tywin Lannister. When he was two years old his mother passed away giving birth to his only younger sibling and as such Daevon has extremely little memory of his mother. Growing up in Casterly Rock he went wanting for nothing but perhaps time to play, for the Maester's lessons seemed to never end.

In 280 AL when Daevon was twelve years old he was sent to squire under Rhaegar Targaryen, in truth living with Rhaegar were some of the happiest years of Daevon's life. While Rhaegar was often dour, he was nurturing and compassionate in a way Daevon was not used to being raised in Casterly Rock and Rhaegar's wife, Elia was kind and motherly to the young Lannister boy.

In 282 AL during the war that would become "Robert's Rebellion" Daevon stayed faithfully at Rhaegar's side as his squire, now having been so for two years. Torin was present at the Battle of the Trident and watched helplessly as Rhaegar was killed by Robert Baratheon. Torin was captured moments later and held for the duration of the war, until he was handed over to Tywin Lannister following his siding with Robert and Jaime's killing of Aerys. When Torin found out his father had commanded the murder of Elia Martell it was the first time Torin drank until he vomited, mourning the loss of not only his mentor but also the woman whom had been like a mother to him. He could not stand that his father had ordered what had happened to Rhaegar's family and spirited away in the night (with no small amount of gold and wine).

Daevon spent three years wandering Essos as a sword for hire until he found himself on the steps of the Temple of the Lord of Light. It was not where he expected to find himself, but it gave him comfort...and purpose.

Between 287 & 298 AL Daevon traveled with the Golden Company, serving as both spiritual guide and warrior. He sat as council to the Commander of the Company for six years. But finally his life in Essos has come to an end. When word of the "War of Five Kings" reached his ears, Daevon knew he had to return to Westeros and House Lannister. There was still a Lion on his breast plate. He did not know how his return would be welcomed. He had heard bits and pieces over the years, that Tywin no longer had care for him after he turned his back on them. But he also heard his father favoured him over Tyrion regardless, he was still Heir to Casterly Rock. He did not know which was true, if either was true.

Daevon has just arrived in King's Landing by the Blackwater, and makes to see his brother and sister. 

xPeachyPuff

Gaaah, just seeing your profile up Primarch makes me want to get one of my own done but I really don't know what kind of character I want to be or which house I want to aline myself with. -Siiiiiigh.-

-xSRx

AdrianZef

Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Photo

me too. I'll be putting up a character sheet shortly. I've read everything now. I'm pretty damn sure of what I need to do. I MIGHT play a male....
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

xPeachyPuff

Character Name: Liliana Arryn.
Loyalist or Separatist: Separatist. (Though she only knows what she's been told.)
House: Arryn - As High As Honor.
Faction: N/A.
Family:
•   Mother – Lysa Arryn (Currently ruling the Eyrie in her youngest son, Robin’s, place.)
•   Father – Jon Arryn. (Deceased.)
•   Younger Brother – Robin Arryn.

Appearance:  
Liliana has always had darker hair than her mother, Lysa Arryn, but it defiantly has a red-tinge to her brown locks that follow her mother's Tully heritage. Her eyes are a bright, light caramel colour that always seem warm and welcoming, again, unlike her mothers in some ways. She is a slim woman with a gentle hourglass figure; according to her father before he passed, he mentioned her taking more after his side of the family than his wives. Her skin is pale and appears radiant and fragile; almost like porcelain. 

Personality: Liliana is a very kind person which can be a great disadvantage in the outside world. Although it is fine for her to be herself around the Eyrie with the knowledge that no one would dare take advantage of her, outside is a completely different matter. Because of her lack of worldly awareness, Liliana can be very gullible and trusts people much too easily, even if they are a complete stranger. Another thing to note about her personality is that she is very generous and will help anyone where she can; she has never understood the phrase 'you can't help everyone'. Because of her never being able to leave the Eyrie walls, Liliana can be very excited to see new things and loves the idea of traveling to see the world. his does not mean she will be uneducated in the real world forever as she can be extremely quick on the up take. Liliana finds it easy to make friends and she has never been refused friendship/companionship, because of this the idea of having to work for friendship is something that really interests her; she'd rather be liked for who she really is than because she's a Lady of the Eyrie.

Equipment:

• A beautiful family pendant that was passed down to her from her father. Apparently it once belonged to his mother.

• She has a wardrobe of many beautiful gowns and such, but currently is wearing an elegant blue gown.

• Liliana has many other things with her that she takes everywhere such as; her bath oils, other clothing items, shoes, hair accessories and some other things that aren't really worth mentioning.

Skills:

Listener:  The Arryn’s have often been good people who are not only true to their word, but are wise as well. With this comes Liliana's ability to listen. Of course, everyone can do so, but some say she has the gift of hearing more than others. She also tries to give advice to the best of her ability and will take time out of her day to listen to all that need the simplicity of an ear.
Singer: Liliana often enjoys spending her free time singing and will occasionally be caught humming a merry tune in the presence of others without her realizing. Her voice is one of the more beautiful in the Eyrie, not only for singing, but speaking as well. Although it's also fair to note that Liliana cannot play any musical instruments.
Sewing: As she was taught from a very young age, Liliana is exceptionally good at sewing, like many young women her age. It is nothing less than expected of her, but it is also something worth noting.

Origins/History:

Liliana Arryn was brought into the world as the first born of the Arryns. The birth was simply and without any ordinary complication, however, it seemed that her mother, like many others who were loyal to the Vale, were dissatisfied with the child's gender; female. Her mother, Lysa Arryn, was more distraught than most and refused the girl while she was barely from her mothers breast. Her father, Jon Arryn, treated her kindly and was loving when he was home but she often heard her parents arguing over how one another treated her. Liliana simply couldn't understand why she was being abandoned by her mother; the woman who gave her life. As a result, Liliana was sent from King's Landing back to be raised in the Eyrie by the Maester. Although she rarely saw her mother, everyone treated her as the Lady she was and the girl was taught just as she would should she have been a boy. Liliana enjoyed the Maester's lessons and was extremely interested in Westeros and it's history; no doubt that the Maester took a quick liking to her as not only did she enjoy his sessions, she picked knowledge up extremely quickly. Not once was she permitted to leave the Eyrie, so it was all so new and exciting to her. (Still, to her latest name day, she has not left the Eyrie.)

When she reached her 10th name day, her mother declared it public knowledge that she was once again pregnant and could 'feel' that this time, it was a boy. Again, 9 month's past and Liliana still rarely saw her mother and things returned to normal despite the good news. Just before her 11th name day, the babe was born and it was indeed a boy. The Eyrie rejoiced, no more so than her mother; he would carry on the Arryn name.

Before she knew it, years had passed and she had become a woman. Of course the first night she bled gave her quite the scare but her Septa was kind enough to explain everything about her journey into womanhood. Her mother didn't even seem to take note that she had now become a woman and was ready to bare a child and get wed; in all honesty, Liliana was glad of that. Robin, her baby brother, was very sick growing up and even though he had had six name days he still did not move from his mothers breast. It was strange to see, not only for Liliana, but the other men and women of the Eyrie. Of course, nothing was said. Then the terrible news that her father had been killed in King's Landing shook the castle into a state of disarray. Her mother seemed completely set on the idea that he was murdered, but she would not share her reasoning with anyone and refused to attend court and such for a long period of time. Things didn't seem to get any better in the few months after the death of her husband and things were defiantly not looking up in the slightest.

--------------------------------------------------------------

So I'm throwing this up since I had sudden inspiration and simply couldn't wait. I hope she's alright so far, not sure what everyone will make of her but again, I hope she's alright. I have more to add to the profile, but considering it's like....5:30am here...I think I should complete it another time. If anyone has feedback, I would love to hear it.

-xSRx

Photo

King Joffrey of the Houses Baratheon, and Lannister, The First of his Name, King of the
Andals and the First men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm.
Of the crown, and loyal to the crown, eternally empowered over all of his kingdoms
House Baratheon and Lannister
Faction: Royal
Family: He is the son of Robert Baratheon and Cersei Lannister *wink wink*
Personality: Joffrey is a proud young man. Some may call him unfair, but they have serpents attached to their tongues. He approaches situations with the even, firm mind of a King. He knows who and when to punish those responsible and favor those with whom he is indebted to. At times, he has trouble with his manners. However, Joffrey favors courtesy over rash judgement, and cruel behavior. *wink wink*
Equipment: Everything in the entire world belongs to him. He chooses to wear the finest armors, the most deadly of swords, and a crossbow with remarkable strength. Oh, yes, and the gold crown.
Skills: Joffrey is a gifted swordsman, a cunning conversation, a natural cook, a first-class hunter, a fantastic writer of poetry and song, a master of tactical warfare, and the most impressive lover any woman has ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's trained to be a member of the kings' guard as well, but Joffrey tries to keep it from the public knowledge, in fear that it would make the people nervous, a king brave enough to protect himself with a sword and shield.

Origins/History: Joffrey was the first born son of the King Robert Baratheon. His loyal mother raised him as best as she could as she tried to keep track of her wild husbands bad temper. His two younger siblings are Myrcella and Tommen, also proud children of Robert Baratheon. The mother to all of these children is Cersei Lannister, she and the King married politically, the throne had been Usurped from the mad Targaryen King.

Before he was king, Prince Joffrey accompanied his parents to Winterfell to see his betrothed Sansa Stark. It was all part of King Robert's plan to further strengthen the allegiance between House Baratheon and House Stark. Joffrey was charming and polite towards Sansa, as well as everyone else. And, he showed the utmost sypmathy toward the yound Bran Stark, when the poor boy feel from a tower in the city walls. The poor boy wass severely injured. He cried when he spoke with the young boy's parents, his future father and mother in law, the Stark family, and the king of the North.

Later, while on the Kingsroad to King's Landing, Joffrey was walking with Sansa, peacefully informing her how precious and special she was. He went on about her until she told him to stop. He managed to talk of his martial training, and the preparation that had been taken for his ascension to kingship. Of course Joffrey ended up back onto his beloved Sansa. He could only imagine what she may look like in his chambers as naked as she had wanted to be, as his wife, as the queen of the seven kingdoms. They were near the water, when suddenly they were attacked in an unprovoked manner by Ary.a Starks gigantic Dyre wolf and the pissed moron son of a butcher! Joffrey was accused of lying, but his father defends him, and the Stark's agreed to forget about the incident in return for the death of Nymeria. The wolf couldn't be found, Sansa's direwolf Lady was executed instead. Joffrey and Sansa both believe that the wolf needed to die in order for their love to manifest in a healthy way. So, they made a swift return to King's Landing in order further prepare for their future.

Ok, I'm totally serious about this. I think Joffrey needs to be a PC, and I was so excited to do it, I just jumped on the oppurtunity instead of bringing it to a discussion.

My actual plan: I have to write this or everyone is going to think that my profile above is a gigantic joke. I honestly think I could have stopped with the picture and the bold name, and everyone would have had enough information to know exactly who I was going to play. Especially since I would have wrote something like this either way. I plan on playing this young king as sadistic as he's supposed to be; as delusional as he's supposed to be, as evil as he's supposed to be, and so on. However, I will have a lot of power in my tiny sixteen year old hands, and my Joffrey might not do what G.R.R.M's Joffrey did. He might not be too bad of a guy.

But, he will be.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Eleah

Not quite done yet! Still got her history to come, how she ended up as a bandit and all that...

Character Name: Ella Pyke (aka. Greyfeather)
Loyalist or Separatist: Neutral, until further notice. Ella is more concerned about her own fortunes than the disputes of lords so will ally with whoever is winning, or betray whoever is losing.
House: House Greyjoy.
Faction: The bandits of the Kingsroad.
Family: Lord Donnor Saltcliffe (natural father), Sharra (mother), Alreon the Fletcher (grandfather and caretaker), Arron (uncle).
Appearance:

Personality: A born and bred Iron Born, Ella is a far cry from the typical southron lady. Determined, realistic, resourceful and unforgiving when needs be, Ella is the product of the hard life offered to most bastards and the harder one offered to bastard girl's of the Iron Islands. A black sheep on the island of Saltcliffe, despite her grandfather Alreon's best intentions, she was quick to give up on silly, childhood dreams having to work (or steal) for the things she wanted.

Despite all this though, the girl was never prone to icy dispositions and steely gazes. Quick to laugh at her nuncle's jokes and fond of wearing a sly grin, Ella learnt to mask her discomforts and grievances under a cover of cool sarcasm; for weakness is always quick to be punished on the Iron Islands. Her quick tongue helping to deflect the insults of children growing up and, later, the bawdy jokes the men of the local tavern would direct at her.

Equipment: Leather breeches and tunic under a chain vest, a carved shortbow, a quiver of goosefeather arrows, a worn shortsword.
Skills:

• Archery: Growing up in a family of fletchers, it would be surprising if Ella had no skill with the bow. Instead, years of practice and testing the arrows her family produced have moulded her into a formidable marksman. The ability to shoot from nearly any position (uphill, downhill, from in a tree, from horseback, etc) and confidently hit a moving target is a valuable skill for a bandit and one that she puts to good use. Ella has always favoured shortbows, partly because it fits her lithe build, but also for the power the shortbow brings to make up for it's lack of range.
  • Fletching: Taught the family craft, Ella is an expert on making arrows, repairing arrows and looking after the bows that fire them.
  • Banditry: While not exactly a skill of itself, the ability to be a successful bandit is down to a whole bunch of seperate skills; navigating and surviving in the wild, planning ambushes, camouflage, horseriding, hunting, staying clear of authorities, keeping an ear out for information and similar things. While she may not be a highwayman of renown, Ella is a quick learner and has managed to keep herself afloat so far.
  • Silver-tongued: Not only does Ella have a quick tongue, she's particularly good at using it to persuade, deceive and convince people with it. Of course, some of this could be down to her talent at flirting with men, but in the end it all comes back to well-picked words.
  • Sailing: Every single Iron Born worth his or her salt knows how to handle a vessel on the waves, catch the wind, tie knots, row and swim.
  • Stealth: Ella's lithe build makes her particularly good at sneaking around people and staying in the shadows. A skill that was particularly useful when the village bullies would seek her out to pick on the girl.
Origins/History: Self-explanatory.

Chelemar

I'm very interested.  Will get a character sheet going asap.

Tyrus

Great profiles so far everyone. 

Just to clarify: the start of this RP takes place in the year 298AL, following the end of the first book.

My RP Request Thread.

Creative Accountant

Character Name: Casso Naharis

Loyalist or Separatist: Undecided - Casso is at heart a mercenary and as such can be bought and sold. However like his brother Daario, he can be loyal to those that treat him well and incredibly vindicitive against those who have betrayed him.

House: None. For the moment...

Faction: The Stormcrows. He was a former Captain along with his brother Daario however left the company as the were hired by the Yunkai for he disliked their inability to perform even the simplest of tasks without the requirement for grand debate. He also did not trust their Eunachs, believing that no man can survive without his manhood.

Family: Elina Naharis - Mother, Unknown - Father, Daario Naharis - Older Brother.

Appearance: See Above. Casso is inclined to dye his hair and beard in a variety of colours as is traditional with Tyroshi.

Personality: Casso is inexorably out to look after Casso first and foremost. He has come to Kings Landing in search of a safe have from would be assassins who are out to kill him and has now found himself in a whole new world. His mother worked in a pleasure house and was well trained in the arts of seduction and lovemaking. This has lead to Casso being very confident in the presence of females to the point he feels he could charm anyone or anything.

He is quick to anger and his blade is almost as quick. He is not weak but certainly not strong by the highest standards, instead relying on handspeed and agility to deal with tricky situations.

As mentioned above he can be fiercely loyal to those he trusts and obsessive in his hunt for revenge on those that may have wronged him.
Equipment: Weapons - Two silver handled Dothraki Arakhs and small blade held within his boot. His outer garments are both loud and colourful and often matched to the colour of his hair and beard.

Skills:

• Agility - Casso has nimble footwork and lightning quick handspeed which more than make up for his average strength
  • Charm - Casso has learnt much from his mother in the way of charm, compliments and seduction which have been used on many occassions to either remove him or place him in trouble.
  • Theft - Casso has become adept at pickpocketing, mostly due to a combination of the two skills above

Origins/History: Casso was born in a brothel, his mother working there after being trained in the art of love and seduction in Yunkhai. As a result of this he did not know his father but was brought up by all the women of the house and his older brother Daario. As a result he is probably more comfortable in female company than male however years as a mercenary have ensured that words are not always necessary.

A year after Daario left to join a small band of mercs, Casso followed and tried to emulate him. The group were more pickpockets and bullies but earned enough to get by day to day and eventually gained a reputation in the city. One evening they were arrested by the City Guard and agreed to leave the city instead of serving time in jail and losing their right hands. As they left, a Captain of the Stormcrows caught them and encouraged them to sign up and so they did.

After a few years of battle, womanising and thievery, Casso had crossed one to many nobleman and contracts were put on his head although thankfully not to the extent that the Faceless Men were contacted. Fearing for his life, Casso smuggled himself aboard and trade ship and escaped to the land of Westeros were he now finds himself in Kings Landing.

AdrianZef

Before I make a character sheet, is there a certain time point in the original book that we're starting at?
Don't know if you want to roleplay with me? The answer is yes, you do. But fine, I guess I'll give you one of these: Ons and Offs, as well as a Wishlist.

Creative Accountant

Quote from: Tyrus on January 08, 2013, 04:05:56 AM
Great profiles so far everyone. 

Just to clarify: the start of this RP takes place in the year 298AL, following the end of the first book.

Quote from: AdrianZef on January 08, 2013, 07:26:15 AM
Before I make a character sheet, is there a certain time point in the original book that we're starting at?

Uhm....

AdrianZef

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 07, 2013, 10:05:41 PM
Gaaah, just seeing your profile up Primarch makes me want to get one of my own done but I really don't know what kind of character I want to be or which house I want to aline myself with. -Siiiiiigh.-

-xSRx

An Arryn Lady isn't a bad choice!

As it would happen I have a GoT RP site, Daevon is basically my main character on that site just with a different name, pb, weapon of choice and life direction after Rhaegar's death.

When I look at it like that, they don't have a great deal in common but position in the Lannister family and early life. But you get the idea.

xPeachyPuff

Awesome. The characters so far look really cool.

Creative Accountant - Your guy is very attractive xD Just saying!

Just letting everyone know that my character has been completed. Hope everything is all in order.

-xSRx

Charlemagne

I'd love to apply, but I haven't read the books. I've read alot of books, among my favorites are the Warhammer 40K books. But after I watched Game of Thrones, I decided that I'd love to read them. However, as a college student, I find it hard to afford anything more than text books and ramen X_X

That said, may I still join?

Tyrus

Quote from: ItsOzone on January 08, 2013, 09:26:04 PM
I'd love to apply, but I haven't read the books. I've read alot of books, among my favorites are the Warhammer 40K books. But after I watched Game of Thrones, I decided that I'd love to read them. However, as a college student, I find it hard to afford anything more than text books and ramen X_X

That said, may I still join?

I'm open to anyone interested and willing to seriously write and commit to the big story, but as a word of warning: even if we're diverging and doing a slight alternate universe sort of thing, the starting point of this RP is spoiler-ific for those who haven't at least read past the first book or finished the second season. A lot of the major events of the War of the Five Kings happen in the third book (the best in the series by far) parallel to the events depicted in the second book and second season. So I'm not sure what everyone might like to do, but it could include some 'DAMNIT!" spoilers that is best discovered from reading the books.

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Just letting everyone know that I've added a bit more to my characters profile. Hopefully I'm all finished up now, hah. (Probably not.) Anyway! This game has inspired to me re-watch the series and pick up the books where I left off, so off I go! I'll be keeping my eyes open on E so if anyone has any feedback or questions about my character, go for it.

-xSRx

Charlemagne

Quote from: Tyrus on January 08, 2013, 09:45:32 PM
I'm open to anyone interested and willing to seriously write and commit to the big story, but as a word of warning: even if we're diverging and doing a slight alternate universe sort of thing, the starting point of this RP is spoiler-ific for those who haven't at least read past the first book or finished the second season. A lot of the major events of the War of the Five Kings happen in the third book (the best in the series by far) parallel to the events depicted in the second book and second season. So I'm not sure what everyone might like to do, but it could include some 'DAMNIT!" spoilers that is best discovered from reading the books.

I already know what happens with most of the characters, I looked lore and whatnot after I finished season two. I just couldn't handle having to wait until April, so I just looked up most of the things I was serious about. So spoilers are okay.

I'll be as sincere as possible when posting as well, I don't join group RPs unless I am sure I'll be able to devote time to it.

Photo

Quote from: Tyrus on January 08, 2013, 04:05:56 AM

Whew, that helps a lot. Serious lolz. I was considerably worried with how I would play the child king. More importantly, I was worried about what decisions I will have been forced to make, like beheading Stark...I can more clearly see how this will play out now.

Tyrus, given the power that my character does have; I'll be PMing you shortly.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Creative Accountant

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on January 08, 2013, 04:08:59 PM
Awesome. The characters so far look really cool.

Creative Accountant - Your guy is very attractive xD Just saying!

Just letting everyone know that my character has been completed. Hope everything is all in order.

-xSRx

Haha thanks Snorkle! I will hopefully finish him off today. I love the pendant by the way, its a nice personal touch.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Creative Accountant on January 09, 2013, 02:54:02 AM
Haha thanks Snorkle! I will hopefully finish him off today. I love the pendant by the way, its a nice personal touch.

I look forward to seeing the finished profile then (: And thank you very much. I really struggled to think of what her 'Equipment' would be, but I thought I something personal would be more her style.

-xSRx

jetblackmirror

Character Name: Ajora Xho
Loyalist or Separatist: Neutral (will explain more below)
House: Xho of the Red Flower Vale (Summer Islands)
Faction: None
Family: Prince Jalabhar Xho, Red Flower Vale - Father. Xala - Mother (whore).
Personality: Ajora has always been rather independent. Although living a somewhat privileged life in King's Landing with her father, they still did not hob-nob the same way other noble families did. Other than attending events for the King (Whether King Robert or King Joffery), they were often alone, and she did not feel the need to ask others to do simple tasks for her.

While somewhat introverted, she could be very charming and very lovely. Her father always told her she took after her mother in that respect, even able to make the foulest old man smile.

Like many of the people in the Summer Islands, she is very much laid back. Drinking and Sex where not seen as a bad or condemning thing for anyone in her eyes, whether noble blood or peasant. She had no problems stopping and having a long conversation with a common person, in fact, she believed that's how you met the most interesting people.

She has a bit of a fiery spirit, very much interested in the ways of war and fighting. She had always thought if she'd been born a man, she may have made a good soldier. Along with her love of archery, she'd always been amazed by sword battles. The sound of the metal, and the skill it took to handle one. She was the type of girl who would fight her assailants no matter the costs, because there was no way she was going down without a fight.
Equipment:

• Goldenheart Bow - Given to her on her 14th name day. Made from the rich, golden wood of the Goldenheart tree. Beautifully curved, and sturdy, with feather woodwork carved along either side.
  • Summer Island feather cape - Given to her by her father, made of vibrant, lush, multi-colored feathers. The fullest, and prettiest feathers decorate her shoulders, almost appearing to her her wings, while long feathers trail down to the middle of her back. The feathers come from a variety of exotic birds, all in bright shades of red, blue, yellow, orange, green, and purple.
More to come
Skills: Archery, Fishing, Sewing.
Origins/History: Not many noble men would take in a child born of a whore, but, for those from the Summer Islands, whore's were seen as respectible figures. Upon his arrival at Kings Landing, Jalahbar Xho met a beautiful Summer Isle whore by the name of Xala. Months later, Ajora was born, though her mother later died from problems after-birthing. Jalahbar took Ajora in and raised her as a princess, with hopes that one day he'd be able to return to his home with the new Princess of the Red Flower Vale.

From a very young age, she was trained to use a bow. It is tradition, and seen as an art form, as well as a weapon in war in the Summer Islands. Her father also taught her to fish, seeing as fishing is a big part of what keeps the people in the Summer Islands fed and well. She spends a fair amount of time at the docks, meeting the Summer Island merchants, and often times helping where she is needed. It made her feel closer to her home.

She remains in King's Landing with her exiled father, along with his continued hope that the very may help him reclaim the Summer Islands once again. However, though she also wishes for the same, she does not completely trust the royal family. Although much of the things she has heard are simply rumors, there is no denying that things are rocky. She is also convinced the King does not care about the Summer Islands. She does not raised her voice in the matter, though, because living in King's Landing is better than not having anywhere to be at all.

(Sorry if this seems scattered. I have a feeling I'll be cleaning this up and adding more to it as it comes to me.)
𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

AstridGolden

Hi! Is it too late to jump in? I'd need a couple days to put together a character profile, but the thought of an AsoIaF-based/inspired roleplay makes me drool. I've read all of the books and am actually on my way through a re-read (more specifically, I'm halfway through A Feast for Crows, and - for fanatics like myself - the re-read is just as exciting as the first run-through); it's not lack of series knowledge that makes me a little nervous. Rather, I've never participated in a group roleplay before - at least on E. Assuming it's easy enough to get a handle on, mind if I join?
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

Tyrus

I'm about to do a re-read myself from the first book onwards. I love the series with a ridiculous passion.

It isn't too late at all! In fact, I don't think I'm alone in guessing that most of us are still tweaking and figuring out our characters and their motivations. Plus we still have to discuss, as a group, how we're going to organize our RP into a coherent structure as well as figure out the issues of how we're to interact with canon characters who aren't being directly played (example, if we let each other simply RP whatever NPC we need to further our own character's story).

I haven't done a group RP in a while but have been meaning and itching to. So please join, the more the merrier! :)

Also to all those with posted character profiles so far: awesome jobs! Making me jealous because I'm still fairly indecisive with my own (I posted mine in an earlier post if you had not seen it yet).

Primarch: Awesome character, will be interesting to see a fourth Lannister in play, especially a Red Priest! Did you think of Gerion Lannister (the favourite uncle of Jamie who went to Essos but never returned) when you made Daevon? Also, what GoT RP forum do you run/are a part of that you mentioned?

xSnorkleRainbow: I like the idea of another Arryn. I think the Arryn and the Vale have gotten the shaft in the books, not enough exploration into their culture, people or the ruling noble blood. The pendant is a nice touch too.

Photo: I think it's great you want to play King Joffrey. To be honest, I think we'll need someone to play him, as he'd be one of the most influential canons in any given RP that need to be governed. Still waiting for that PM you mentioned.

Eleah: A Greyjob bastard in the Riverlands! Awesome. You described her personality really well. What was your thoughts on how and why she's raiding with the bandits on the Kingsroad?

Creative Accountant: Didn't see the brother of Daario coming! We need a fierce sellsword with Arakhs to shake up the honorable knights and dishonorable bandits. One of my original plans was to play a Bloody Mummer/Brave Companion sellsword.

jetblackmirror: I love the idea of Xho's daughter. I was actually planning to play as a Summer Islander sworn to Jalabhar Xho (my RP request thread had that idea floating around for a while) but decided why not play as a Kingsguard knight.

Anyways great profiles everyone, makes me anxious to continuously tweak mine haha! Anyone who wants to join, just post here but please let me know if you're in it for the long-term/are serious in investing writing time into the thread. This is a group RP so it'll fall apart if people just don't put in the time or effort. I've seen it happen before with a great ASoIaF thread I started a year ago, unfortunately. :(

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tyrus on January 10, 2013, 12:50:48 AM

xSnorkleRainbow: I like the idea of another Arryn. I think the Arryn and the Vale have gotten the shaft in the books, not enough exploration into their culture, people or the ruling noble blood. The pendant is a nice touch too.

Thanks so much. Glad you like her. I agree, I really love what I've read/seen of the Eyrie and the Vale and would lvoe to expand on it. I was a bit worried at first about writting my character into a main house, but I think it'll work out and would quite a nice touch. I'm still trying to figure out why she'd be in Kings Landing, assuming everyone is going to be there and the RP is being based there for starters, but I'm sure that will come with time and much procrastinating haha.

-xSRx

Tyrus

Perhaps Lysa never left King's Landing and instead only sent Robert back up to the Eyrie? Or maybe Liliana is part of court, due to be engaged to one of the lovely (most likely despicable) lords within the Crownlands? I'm sure you'll find a way to make it to the city of death. :P

I personally think we'll be halved in the beginning. Half of us within the capital, the other half within the Riverlands/Crownlands, where the battlefield, banditry and journeys will take place. Seeing as how the Riverlands and Crownlands are within good riding distance, it won't be a stretch to have them all eventually interact, whether directly or indirectly.

My RP Request Thread.

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Tyrus on January 10, 2013, 01:45:15 AM
Perhaps Lysa never left King's Landing and instead only sent Robert back up to the Eyrie? Or maybe Liliana is part of court, due to be engaged to one of the lovely (most likely despicable) lords within the Crownlands? I'm sure you'll find a way to make it to the city of death. :P

I personally think we'll be halved in the beginning. Half of us within the capital, the other half within the Riverlands/Crownlands, where the battlefield, banditry and journeys will take place. Seeing as how the Riverlands and Crownlands are within good riding distance, it won't be a stretch to have them all eventually interact, whether directly or indirectly.

I'm just letting you know that I've edited her History a little. I wanted her to grow up in the Eyrie so I've added in that she was sent home to The Vale from King's Landing by Lysa Arryn. (It makes more sense for her chracter to be brought up in the Eyrie than to remain at King's Landing. However I am going to have her leave to go to King's Landing after her mother's return to the Eyrie. Hope that makes sense xD

-xSRx

Eleah

Quote from: Tyrus on January 10, 2013, 12:50:48 AM
Eleah: A Greyjoy bastard in the Riverlands! Awesome. You described her personality really well. What was your thoughts on how and why she's raiding with the bandits on the Kingsroad?

I should probably get to finishing that history :-\ ... At the moment with all the fuss going on about Kings and succession and the war coming her grandfather was murdered and her brother was pressed into service on a Reaving vessel. That's left Ella out in the cold with only her mother to protect her from the displeasure of the local's who dislike her bastardry and those unsavoury characters who want to rape her. Her mother gave Ella a handful of golden dragons she scrounged over the years, a bow, arrows and a dagger and helped shear her hair short and sent her out with a merchant heading to the mainland. She ran off when they pulled into a fishing village and has been slowly making her way around the Riverlands poaching, stealing and looking for some purpose.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to have her in an outlaw group straight away. I thought I might join up with one of the characters here? Assuming we have some willing bandits.

Creative Accountant

I dont think it would be too much of a stretch for Casso to get involved in a little banditry given his skillset. Perhaps a chance meeting on the road to Kings Landing where he bumps in to the lovely Ella and charms his way into the group rather than being robbed at sword/knife/arrow point?

Im sure we can discuss it more later.

Just an FYI - I will be away 12th-19th Jan if things get started.

AdrianZef

Character Name: Bronn

Loyalist or Separatist: A Loyalist, if only because of the status of his current overlords (who pay him).

House: None.

Faction: Originally a sellsword, but now works for Tyrion Lannister. As opposed to serving Tyrion Lannister, he works for him because of the rewards he currently reaps.

Family: None.

Appearance: See Above. Bronn is not one for appearances, choosing to get his way through his fighting skill, his wits, and his opportunism, which had gotten him this far already. His appearance was usually one suited for a fight, as he was already to defend or fight. He knew the dangers of King's Landing, and had no intention of dying here.

Personality: Steady and even, but at the same time pragmatic and calculating. He doesn't talk very much, as it is never usually necessary to talk very much. Bronn doesn't get particularly emotional in most scenarios. His past and present lives have given him little to get emotional about, and he is always pragmatic. He does have a sense of dry wit, though, that makes him a lively enough companion, though some with a sense of humor less than Tyrion may not enjoy his dry humor.

On the battlefield, he is stout and dependable. He is not overly courageous, knowing the limits of his abilities and when to fight and when to retreat. He had no overarching goals other than to keep enjoy his life, and to make that life as long as possible.

Equipment: Weapons - A sword that always remains in its sheath on his hip. A knife in his boot for emergencies. A suit of mail and a plate of armor for his chest are hist standard armor, but he also owns a helmet and a bow which come in handy for some battles.

Skills:

• All-Around Fighting Skill - As a sellsword, Bronn was a handy fighter, with both a well-toned mind and body. He was more balanced in those two aspects than almost anyone else, at least as far as fighting was concerned.
  • Presence of Mind - Bronn is always paying attention to what is happening around him. He is also always thinking about his next move, and how it will serve him. Utterly pragmatic and hence, self-centered, he used his wits and opportunism to ensure that he always moved up, and never down.

Origins/History: Bronn had a rough childhood, becoming a sellsword rather quickly. He killed when he was young, and he had a skill with the blade. Clearly, his best career path was that of a sellsword. His rough childhood had hardened him from most things, and he mostly traveled alone. Of course, that was until he met Tyrion and followed him to the Eyrie. He was an interesting character, that one. Sure enough, Bronn found himself elevated up in the Lannister ranks because of Tyrion, and he figured that this would be the place for him. Not that he was necessarily seeking power, gold, or women. He just did whatever he deemed best for his future.

Bronn didn't talk about his past much, and for good reason. He didn't share it because it was rather rough, and there was no reason anyone needed to know a sellsword's past, in any case. So, to this point, he remains furtive about his past, but that has never presented a problem because of his skill with a blade.

Primarch

AdrianZef

Primarch

AstridGolden

Awesome, well I think I might bring a Sand Snake into the mix, because I'm a fan of the Dornish, but I'm still thinking. Hopefully I'll contribute something by tonight!
“A dead thing can go with the stream, but only a living thing can go against it.”

O&O // Request Thread

bubby

AdrianZef

Tyrus

Just a few others to put up their profiles and a couple to edit their existing ones, mine included. Get writing! :P

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

AstridGolden

Just FYI - I'm almost finished with mine; I should have it up by tomorrow (Sunday) night at the latest!

O&O // Request Thread

Charlemagne

Silk

I'm kind of interested,  but I'm kind of worried I would end up just letting people down with my bad RP skills

Photo

I'm all for new characters, if Tyrus is, especially Sansa's! :)

I might still have some edits to make to Joffrey's character profile before we start. I'd like to do something with a little more taste, and I might adjust his age a little bit, I haven't decided yet, but there are a few things I'm sure about.

With respect for the character; and, to make it easy for everyone in the RP, I'm picking Joffrey up fresh off of Sansa's last chapter in 'Game of Thrones'. This is the moment when he forces her to look at her father's decapitated head on a spike. So, keep that in mind. Once he's under my control he's capable of anything, but everything up to that moment is exactly as it was in the first book/season.

Also, I'd like to PM a lot of you about your position in the kingdom. 
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Primarch

I'm online for the next hour at least if you want to PM Joffrey's long lost Uncle Lannister about anything.

AstridGolden

“Some men think because they are afraid to do.”

Character Name: Tyene Sand

Loyalist or Separatist: Begrudging Loyalist

House: Martell of Dorne

Faction: The Sand Snakes – bastard daughters of Prince Oberyn Martell

Family: Oberyn Martell (father), Septa Beth Harte {mother}, Obara Sand (sister), Nymeria Sand (sister), Sarella Sand (sister), Elia Sand (sister), Obella Sand (sister), Dorea Sand (sister), Loreza Sand (sister), Doran Martell (uncle), Arianne Martell (cousin), Quentyn Martell (cousin), Trystane Martell (cousin)

Appearance: Tyene is three-and-twenty and the only one of Oberyn Martell’s bastards with fair skin, blonde hair and blue eyes. Unlike the others, she bears no resemblance to her father – an olive-skinned man with a sharp nose, dark eyes and lustrous, black hair – with the exception of her eyes. It’s said that all of the Sand Snakes have their father’s eyes: piercing, sharp and venomous.

Tyene is tall, lithe and slender with a small waist and willowy hands. Her skin is milky and sets her apart from her sisters, a testament to her mother – a septa from the Crownlands. With a heart-shaped face framed by long, golden waves and eyes the color of the narrow sea, she is often described as angelic – appropriate considering her demeanor, though often times misleading. Her clothing is pious, lacking the splendor of a typical Westerosi lady’s gown. She arrives in King’s Landing in a blue samite gown trimmed with Myrish lace.

Personality: Prince Oberyn once described Tyene to Ellaria as an enigma, but those closest to her – namely her sisters and her cousin Arianne – would beg to differ. From an acquaintance’s perspective, Tyene seems simple: sweet, soft-spoken and virtuous. Her use of words is powerful, and flattery is one of her finer weapons. She appears to be the tamest and most pious of the Sand Snakes, but that’s only because none of the others is her equal in astuteness and duplicitous craft.

In some regards, Tyene takes after her father. For example, she is sly, vengeful and sharp. However, unlike Oberyn and many of her sisters, her cunning isn’t confounded by a brusque nature or vanity, making her perhaps even more dangerous. She thinks before she speaks and uses her demureness resourcefully. Of course, Tyene isn’t all deception. She is fiercely loyal and harnesses a deep love for family – being closest to her older sister Nymeria and her cousin Arianne, both of whom she grew up with. She holds an unmatched respect and adoration for her father, and – like most of the Dornish – she takes pride in their homeland and culture. Her knowledge of the kingdom’s history is rich, and she spends much of her free time in The Spear Tower’s library.

Equipment:

• Trunk of books and scrolls A personal library was the only non-necessity Tyene brought to King’s Landing. She considers books just as critical to functioning as food and as deadly as any other weapon. They are her lifelines. It took her small following’s strongest sand steed to carry the trunk, which is ornately embellished. It belonged to her father, but he passed it onto her when she was chosen to represent Prince Doran at court. The chest stores over 20 leather-bound books, including titles like A History of the Rhoynish Wars, Jade Compendium and Dragonkin: Being a History of House Targaryen from Exile to Apotheosis, with a Consideration of the Life and Death of Dragons.
Skills:

• Poisons and Herbcraft The Red Viper passed his fixation with and love for poisons onto his favorite daughter, and she is notorious for it. Tyene has a dangerous reputation among her family. Nightshade, Tears of Lys, Sweetsleep, Widow’s blood… She knows and can brew an exhaustive list (with the proper materials).
  • A Way with Words Tyene is also a cunning linguist. This is important to note because she has more than just an extensive lexicon: Whether it’s the power of flattery, suggestion or verbal manipulation – she wields them all masterfully. Were she a sellsword or a knight, a sword and shield might suit her better. However, as a lady, a bastard and a Dornish noblewoman navigating the world outside of Sunspear, she finds being a talented and influential speaker a treasured subtlety and especially useful.

Origins/History: Tyene was born in 275AL, a time of peace and prosperity. One year earlier, Oberyn Martell had defeated Lord Edgar Yronwood in a duel that had left the older man dead – earning the prince the title “Red Viper” because of his rumored use of a poisoned blade. Shortly after, he was sent to Oldtown, and it was this journey that brought him through the Crownlands, where he met a fair-haired septa willing to break her vows for the taste of Dornish royalty. Beth of House Harte – pregnant and disgraced – was relinquished from the church, and she headed south, taking her newborn baby with her.

Only in Dorne could a highborn prince take in the natural mother of his bastard child, and only in Dorne could bastards become as exalted as the Sand Snakes. And so it was that Tyene grew up a privileged lady of Sunspear, playing naked under the sun in the Water Gardens and learning to read alongside her cousin and closest friend, Arianne. Her mother died of the flux when she was a small child, leaving Oberyn and Tyene’s older sisters Obara and Nymeria to raise her. Beth had remained a pious woman after they’d fled to Dorne, and she’d instilled that religious fervor in her daughter; however, after she died Tyene abandoned her faith and developed an intense thirst for knowledge. The time she’d previously wasted praying to the Seven with her mother became time spent in the Sunspear libraries reading about the Rhoyne, medicinal healing and the Doom of Valeria. Her father, who had studied for a short while at the Citadel, was pleased and encouraged her.

Tyene’s closeness with her father had other, greater influences. Ingrained in her since at a young age was a hate for and resentment toward the Lannister and the Baratheon houses, accompanied by a need for vengeance. It wounded her to see him so consumed by Elia’s death, and the time they spent together was often overshadowed by his crazed need to conspire. However, they bonded over a shared aptitude for learning, and Oberyn began to teach her about the secrets he’d uncovered in Oldtown. It soon became clear to her his fascination was with poison. As a weapon, nobles and knights frowned upon it. But her father had forged six links of a maester’s chain and claimed it was dense men who hated poison, and that was only because it scared them.

Just a fortnight ago, a letter had arrived from King’s Landing. Tyrion Lannister, serving as Hand to the King in his father’s stead, had proposed a marriage between Prince Doran’s youngest son, Trystane, and Princess Myrcella – a peace offering and a tactical move to align Dorne with the Iron Throne. Doran and Oberyn had spent days inside their chambers discussing the offer, while Tyene and the other Sand Snakes sat outside, ears pressed to the door. After long hours of arguing, they had come to a basic agreement: Someone would need to go to King’s Landing to accept the offer and propose Dorne’s terms (namely that Princess Myrcella would be sent to Sunspear). They both also decided it would not be wise for Prince Doran to go himself. His gout made travel difficult, and he was too valuable a player as leader of the Dornish. However, Oberyn wanted to go in his place, and the Prince refused him. “You can not go to King’s Landing,” they’d heard Doran tell his brother. “It would be too unwise.”

The next day, each of the Sand Snakes had gone to her uncle’s throne room to offer herself as a messenger. However, Obara was too aggressive, Nymeria too short-tempered and the other girls too young. It was sweet-natured but scheming, honey-tongued Tyene who would go to King’s Landing. And so she had set off with 50 of her father’s best men, leaving Oberyn, Arianne, her sisters and the rest of Dorne behind…

-   -   -

This is a work in progress. Just a note to fans of the books, I had to tweak certain aspects of Tyene’s history and motives for coming to King’s Landing considering we’re beginning after A Game of Thrones ends and the Dornish don’t get much mention until A Clash of Kings.

I was undecided as to whether I should label Tyene a Loyalist or a Separatist. When the War of the Five Kings first begins, Dorne declares itself neutral. G.R.R.M. doesn’t really discuss Sunspear much until several Tyrion chapters into A Clash of Kings, when Princess Myrcella is promised to Trystane. Of course Oberyn hasn’t been killed yet, which is what really spurs her journey to KL. If someone has an issue with the fact that I’ve had Tyrion arrange the Trystane-Myrcella marriage early, please let me know; I can figure something else out!

O&O // Request Thread

Tyrus

Great profiles, AdrianZef and AstridGolden. Bronn is one of my favourite characters, so it's good to see him getting played; and Tyene Sand is awesome and definitely needs more exposure. It will be interesting to see the differences we can RP out with her representing Dorne instead of Oberyn.

I have updated the first/main post with new information regarding the key differences from the books thus far. As I added to the OP:

Major differences and points of divergence from the established canon:

• The Arryn family have a daughter as the Eyrie and Vale's eldest heir, Liliana Arryn -- played by xSnorkleRainbow.
  • The Baratheon family have a first cousin as one of the Kingsguard Seven, Edric Baratheon -- played by Tyrus. He takes the position of the obscure Ser Preston Greenfield from the books.
  • The Lannister family have a middle brother, Daevon Lannister -- played by Primarch. He is a returning Westerosi -- now a Red Priest -- from Essos.
  • Jalabhar Xho, the exiled prince of the Red Flower Vale of the Summer Isles, has a daughter, Ajora Xho -- played by jetblackmirror.
  • Daario Naharis of the Stormcrows has a brother, Casso Naharis -- played by Creative Accountant.
  • Tyene Sand, the third Sand Snake, is played by AstridGolden, and replaces her father, Prince Oberyn or the "Red Viper", as the Dorne representative sent to King's Landing to propose Dorne's terms and response to Princess Myrcella Baratheon's betrothal to Prince Trystane Martell, the marriage of which is also proposed by Tyrion Lannister slightly earlier than in the books.
  • Joffrey Baratheon, who is played by Photo, will have to contend with another Lannister uncle -- Daevon -- and a Baratheon second cousin -- Edric, for his claim to the throne.

Once we are all done waiting on the remaining player's profiles and any new ones, we have to discuss:

• The point of divergence and where we all begin. I say the beginning of Lannister hostilities in the Riverlands led by Ser Gregor Clegane, the beginning of the Brotherhood Without Banners organisation, and the raising of the banners of Stannis, Renly, Balon and Robb all already underway.
  • Our thoughts on who and how we shall handle essential canon characters/NPC's without god-modding.
  • Any key differences, character history details and such you want to share with everyone for them to keep in mind.
  • Which players begin in the Crownlands/Riverlands thread, and which players begin in the King's Landing thread.

My RP Request Thread.

mj2002

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a long time, but I still can't quite figure out what's going to happen. Is there going to be a central plot that develops, somewhat guided by the GM? Is the RP going to be centered around the capital city, where everyone just does their own thing? I see so many characters from so many different houses, I can't really quite imagine what coherent structure this RP will have. That's what has so far has kept me from putting up a character sheet. By no means do I want to change any intended course of action, I'm just trying to discover if this group RP is something I'd want to join still.

Tyrus

It's up to you to make it worth it, just like any successful and enjoyable group RP. While the ASoIaF universe is very extensive and the challenge of a central plot is no doubt larger than other literature, I don't think it's that much of a stretch to shape something enjoyable for all players involved, especially considering all of us seem to be avid fans of the novels and/or television adaptation. I already have a few PM's with players discussing and organising how we advance so we should be able to get a coherent structure sorted. I'm certainly up for the challenge of organising it for some good old co-op RP fun.

In my opinion, we'll have to split the group RP into two, though that won't limit all of our characters potentially interacting; it will just delay some and halve the hectic-ness and chaos of group topics. From there, I think we'll need to assign characters to lead us through the central plot (Photo is King Joffrey, so he'll have to play an especially big part in the King's Landing side) and perhaps carve our own political drama with as minimal use of canon NPC's as possible.

I've already got the opening scenarios for both King's Landing and Riverlands/Crownlands topics in my head, but I am waiting for everyone to finish up, and then I will share and see what everyone thinks.

My RP Request Thread.

TreyWalker

I would be interested in RPing in this group game. I have preferences to who I'd play but I could see myself being part of any family. So before I posted, I just wanted to ask if there is any character or family that you guys already in the RP want represented? If so I'd be happy to figure something out in that family or area of the world.

My preferences would be Dothraki (don't know how I'll write their language though), a Stark or someone from Dorne.

Photo

as far as I know, we are missing a representative from house Stark. Might not be a bad idea to take over one of RR Martin's characters, or create your own and put h/er in Rob's place. The only thing you have to remember is that every character starts the RP in only one of two places: King's Landing or the Riverlands/Crownlands

on the subject of NPC's. If it is ok with my fellow players, I will be controlling most of the Lannisters, Tywin, Cersei, Jamie. Also, Janus Slynt, but he's sort of fodder. This is GM approved, so it will proceed unless anyone objects to my effective monopoly of the Lannister family. I will have no problem handing one or two of these character's away, especially if some one wants to play them as a PC.

Also, It's gonna take a lot of manpower and cunning to take Joffrey off of the Iron Throne. He is Robert Baratheon's eldest son!

Myrcella's marriage being done sooner is no problem, but all of this leads to one man: Tyrion

Some one should take him over as a solid NPC. Or, we should purposefully kill him off so that everything in the world is different. He's too vital, ya'know?
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

TreyWalker

Has it been discussed were in the timeline we are at? I don't want to spoil the series for anyone, but I'll know what possibilities I have with the starks depending on the timeline. Just as Joffrey is king, I'm assuming a certain stark is dead.

Of course I might be being cryptic for no reason as you all may know the whole storyline past the HBO series.

EDIT : Ignore, I didn't read the first post properly.

AdrianZef

I think as far as this RP is concerned, the more the merrier! (feel free to object to that)

I can play Tyrion as an NPC if needed, but I guess that has pros and cons. The pro is that Bronn is working closely with Tyrion, so it would be pretty easy to combine posts. I guess the con is that might leave me with a bit too much control over my character's situation, since he is hired by Tyrion.

Another note, I would think that it would be hard/futile to play a Dothraki character unless they are on Westeros, which could be a bit of a stretch. If you find a way to make it work, though, I have no objections to Dothraki characters.

TreyWalker

Character Name: Artos Stark
Loyalist or Separatist: Separatist
House: The Starks (The North)
Faction: None
Family: Artos Stark is the younger brother of Eddard and Brandon Stark. With the birth of Robb Stark and the peaceful times of Robert Barratheon’s reign, Artos believed that the Starks did not need him until the Winter came. So to broaden his horizons, he travelled to the Free City of Braavos where he learned swordsmanship. It was he who convinced Syrio, the former First Sword of Braavos to teach Arya Stark the dance of steel. Upon hearing news of his brothers fate in King’s Landing, Artos has returned to Westeros and King’s Landing, with little to no knowledge of the events that have recently occurred.
Personality: Artos is almost a Jekyll and Hyde type character, but not to any major extreme. Most of the time he is a serious and honourable man, just like the Starks have been brought up to be! He does what needs to be done, no matter how difficult and will do what is right despite the potential desire to do something else.

However, having been the youngest of three, and having felt that he was never going to be needed in Winterfell, Artos has more of a temper than his brother Ned. And having lived in Braavos, at times Artos has learnt that lies and deceit can be of benefit to him and the greater good. Whilst he isn’t the type to scheme all of the time, he is not trusting and should not always be trusted unless you truly count him as an ally. Cause to his allies he is steadfast in his devotion.

Having not lived the noble life, he isn’t always noble in his behaviour. He will be straight and speak his mind when he feels like he needs too. And when he is backed into a corner, his calm but ruthless aggression is awoken.

Equipment:
The Twin Blades of the Titan – Given to him by the Iron Bank of Braavos. Made of the finest steel by the finest smiths! It was a reward for collecting a debt that was owed to them by a slaver.

Skills: Archery, Swordmanship, Horse Riding.
Origins/History: Born the third son of Rickard Stark, Artos always lived in the shadow of his brothers. He envisioned himself when he became older to become a member of the Kingsguard, and hoped upon hope that he would not become a member of the Night’s Watch (all though if it was needed, he would answer the call.)

Upon the birth of Robb Stark and the relative peace of the time, Artos took the opportunity to travel across the Narrow sea to Braavos, having heard stories of the swordsmanship over there. He soon became adapt at this new style of fighting and got some fame amongst the people of Braavos and is said to have gathered some friends amongst the Iron Bank of Braavos.

He turned down the offer of being the First Sword of Braavos, despite being extremely honoured at the offer. Because a Stark knows that Winter is Coming, and Artos was always sure there would be a day he would need to return to Westeros.

Photo

I have to say it, just to make sure it's said. Don't file this as an objection TreyWalker. I simply must say it. Syrio might be God, being the man that trained him might be a rather hefty story arch.

it's not impossible, but there is a lot going on with that dude. I've got a theory that's in the spoiler below. cause it's 5th,6th book stuff.

SERIOUS SPOILER - BEWARE
Syrio Forel and Jaqen H'Ghar are the same character with different masks on, a faceless man guiding Arya Stark to her destiny

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

TreyWalker

That is an understandable objection, and it was not how I meant it to be written.

I wrote the sentence once, didn't like it and edited it but didn't delete the word sent. It was meant to read, "It was he who convinced Syrio, the former First Sword of Braavos to teach Arya Stark the dance of steel." It was meant to imply that Artos was a friend of Syrio, and to be honest even in my own vision Artos is not as good as Syrio. I've always envisioned him as the best swordsmen in the whole of the Song of Fire and Ice universe.

Photo

oh, yeah, that clearly makes more sense, good to know that I read that incorrectly, haha.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

AstridGolden

Quote from: Photo on January 14, 2013, 02:54:36 PM
I have to say it, just to make sure it's said. Don't file this as an objection TreyWalker. I simply must say it. Syrio might be God, being the man that trained him might be a rather hefty story arch.

it's not impossible, but there is a lot going on with that dude. I've got a theory that's in the spoiler below. cause it's 5th,6th book stuff.

SERIOUS SPOILER - BEWARE
Syrio Forel and Jaqen H'Ghar are the same character with different masks on, a faceless man guiding Arya Stark to her destiny

This theory has been explored on this forum. I think it's possible!

O&O // Request Thread

Creative Accountant

AdrianZef

Tyrus

Alright so if noone else is joining/changing characters, I'll go ahead and make the threads ASAP. I'm going to take some time to figure out a cohesive way of setting the stage and such. There will be two topics: One for KL and one for those in the Riverlands/Crownlands.

Also, Eleah has dropped out, but everyone else is still in I presume?

My RP Request Thread.

Creative Accountant

Might it be worth keeping everyone in KL given we only have 8 at the moment? It could have different areas it mean we can more easily interact. I would expect the castle/keep, and then possibly split the 8 gates (it may not be 8 my memory is hazy) into 3 or 4 other areas?

Just a thought. Still interested though.

Edit - 7 gates as 7 is a special number like the 7 gods. Areas could be the Harbour, Fleas Bottom, Red Keep and possibly another one or two for variety?

xPeachyPuff

I think I agree with Creative Accountant (: But I'm still in! <3

-xSRx

AdrianZef

Primarch

Tybalt

Hey there. If me throwing in an application today would throw a wrench in the plans or delay things, then I'll hold off. I've been dying to play in a Song of Ice and Fire game, however, so I'd love to know if you're still taking applications. If so, I'll try to have one by tonight.

Creative Accountant

I would imagine you would be more than welcome, the more the merrier to be honest so I would post up a Character Sheet as soon as.

However I think Tyrus is in charge so final decision is his.

YaoiRolePlay

I'm interested, and I want to do something, but I'm not sure what. Maybe Tywin? Or Tyrian. Nah, probably Tywin.

Tybalt

Character Name: The High Septon (formerly Jerith Flowers)
Loyalist or Separatist: Loyalist
House: Being a bastard, he has no concept of who his family was, only that his mother was a tavern girl and his father a lord of the Reach. He owes his position to the Lannisters.
Faction: Head of the Faith of the Seven.
Family: His mother died when he was 12, and he never knew his father, or if he had any siblings.
Appearance: The latest High Septon is a tall, comely man in his early 40's. He has short brown hair and brown eyes with high, sharp cheekbones. He is a thin man, especially when compared to his robust predecessor. His appearance and demeanor have led to him being called 'the Pretty One'.
Personality: The current High Septon cares little for others beyond their use to him. When working in his role as a man of the Faith, he is able to inspire many, but it's all a show to him. He can be charming, but he tries to keep conversations brief, as he's unable to truly understand if he says something offputting or unsettling. He is intelligent, driven, and ambitious. While having no real feelings to speak of, he is rarely needlessly cruel, and takes no pleasure in hurting others. If required to fulfill one of his schemes, however, he will not flinch from harming others.
Equipment: He wears the traditional crown of crystals when performing his duties, and his dress changes depending on the situation. When among mainly nobilitty, he prefers to garb himself in stylish robes that many nobles would be jealous of. When walking amongst the smallfolk, he prefers a more subdued attire, to make it easier for them to identify with them. He almost never carries a weapon, having little skill in martial pursuits.
Skills:

• Oratory
The High Septon has a natural gift for speaking in front of large groups, one he has honed to an artform on his way to becoming High Septon. Between his voice, mannerisms, and presence, often members of the crowd will be reduced to tears.
  • Cunning
Possessed of a keen mind, the High Septon is quite adept at finding out who his enemies are, and deducing their plans if given enough time. He is well-read, and is fond of the Maesters of the Citadel, despite the usual animosity most septons feel towards the secular group.
  • Acting
Though he has very little emotions himself, he is able to mimic them with precision, enabling him to pass as normal, most of the time. However, occasionally he will miss the mark and put on a brilliant display of an inppropriate emotion.[/list]
Origins/History: Jerith Flowers was a bastard-born son of a tavern girl and a noble from the Reach. He was never officially recognized, and when his mother died when he was 12, he decided to serve the Seven. Between his intellect, charm, and ability to sway a crowd, he was able to attain a seat amongst the Most Devout by the age of 27. Some whisper that he was somehow behind his predecessor's death, which was deemed accidental when he choked on his food.

I'll be glad to fill in more, this is only what I have so far. I know quite a bit about the series, both the books and the television series. I'm about halfway through the third book, but I've spoiled myself on a lot of the major points. If High Septon is perhaps a bit too high up the food chain, I can change it up to something else, I have a few ideas.

Charlemagne

Sorry for not posting an App, OP, I had one all made up, and I went to post it, session timed out, and bam. It's gone. Forgot to copy and paste like I usually do, since I write replies well past the session timeout limit, so I can get a sense of how long it'll look. Aaaaand I really don't feel like making another, but maybe I'll find some time tomorrow in the library to remake it, but like, 1/4th the size.

AusGre

Arn Foltest

Origins/History
As are all sons and daughters of Westeros, some are born into nobility and with the wealth to support all great efforts given to those sons of blood. Others are branded as commoners and militiaman, destined to give their lives for those higher lords as the gods would see them fit. Men took women and birthed their sons to do the bidding of others, as was Arn's birthing. There was nothing special about him and nothing special about the circumstances of his birth, he was a simple farmer boy who grew up tilling the fields and travelling the barges up and down the rivers of the Riverlands.

As short as all lives are, Arn's was no longer than those who had been born around him. Having heard the stories and learning literacy from bits and pieces of paper that he could place finger up, he had been shown how the Riverlands were used as a battleground for all the Westeros Lords and Kings. He saw how the Tully's were nothing more than vassals who only held onto their lands and wanted nothing more for their people, he grew to resent them. When Arn was brought in as a soldier for the Bannermen of House Tully, he circulated the camps and watches, speaking about how the Tully's cared not for their lives, but merely for their place in the noble society that Westeros was built upon.

Gradually, he convinced those of similar station to believe that the Tully's cared not for their people, simply how much crop they could produce and how much money they could garnish for their taxes. As short as all lives are, Arn's time came when he was confronted by those who served the Tully's as their dogs and was to be taken in for treason against House Tully. Arn had gathered enough support from the Bannerlords' men, that he was able to resist the inquisition by those of House Tully and started to propose the idea of rebellion against their masters. Many agreed and many disagreed, dividing the Riverlands between those who supported Arn and those who supported House Tully.

Eventually skirmishes started to take place, the rebel faction always on the move, gathering supporters to their banners and striking the Tully's when able to. His greatest victory was the siege of Harrenhal where he had taken the once-mighty-fortress for his own forces. Alas, Arn had come in contact with a brutish man in full armor and was beaten severely as he fought honorably against the giant of a man. His leg had been beaten and broken and only recently has been able to walk on the leg again, with the help of a cane. Still, Arn had tried his best to lead his armies from afar and still attempts to regain his full range of movements.

Faction

The Riverland Order is dedicated to freeing the Riverlands from the control of House Tully and the Kings of Westeros, instead making the Riverlands it's own independent kingdom free from the tyranny of others. Born from the ambition of Arn Foltest, it is derived from the innate desire of all commoners to be free of their overlords and rule over themselves in a republic fashion. The Riverland Order is an advocate for the rulership of the common people and wishes to overrule the blood's claim to rulership and instead rely on integrity, talent and care for the common man.

Personality
Nature: Inside is the swirling motion of Arn's inner struggle between his sinful was and the virtuous by which he displays to the world. Arn is beset by his desires by the inside and often fights himself, which leads to his slow reaction and acceptance to that which has passed. It also promises that Arn will take what he wants from the world, if his heart desires it enough and he cares not for how he takes it. Yet, it's not uncommon for his decisions to be breaking and fluid, like tossing away trash one moment and picking up a promising object the next.

Demeanor: Arn has faced many challenges in his life and has experienced the fear that each test brings him, he has grown a callous on him from these experiences and presents a stoic attitude to those who surround him. He is often seen with a hinted frown and an escaped look in his eye, as if he is somewhere else and not where he needs to be. Yet, his service in the military has taught him etiquette and discipline. On the front, he may seem like a survivor or a diplomat to anyone he sees.

Equipment

Diplomatic Affairs

1. A plain black longcoat, with hidden buttons and a pulled up collar.
2. An iron longsword that hangs on his side and through a belt that hangs loosely around his coat.
3. A pin wearing his order's sigil; A Bucking Horse.
4. A sleek blackwood cane.

Military Affairs
1. A light set of armor; a padded cloth coat adorned with armor on the shoulders and a breastplate, leather greavers and leather boots.
2. An iron longsword that hangs on his backside, strapped by a leather cord around his waist.
3. A hidden dagger on the backside of his leather greavers.
4. A sleek blackwood cane.

Personal Affairs
1. A loose set of clothing consisting of; a cotton lace shirt, cloth pants and leather boots.
2. a sleek blackwood cane
3. an iron dagger on his belt.

Skills
Merits

Social Tact: Arn has displayed a sense of right and wwrong in a court setting; he has learned the etiquette of the court and how to avoid loosing face when dealing in politics.

Dirty Fighting: Adapting to his now injured leg, Arn has to rely on quick and deft movements in combat and therefore will often employ less than honorable fighting techniques in order to end a battle quickly and without further injury to his person.

Demagogue: Having learned the art of orating to a less-than-public people, he has learned to push the bad about those above himself and inspire those below himself to believe in the same thing. Whether true or false.

Flaws

Injured: Arn has suffered from an injury to his leg for sometime and as a result, is not as fast or as vigorous as he was before his injury. He cannot battle for long and is slowed a great deal, unless he risks further injury to his leg.

Rebellious: Earning the black name of a rebel has certainly marked a number of things about Arn and those who follow him, he may not be very well liked in a courtly setting.

Lowborn: Arn had scratched his status through bloodshed and dedication, rather than be appointed status and prowess at birth. While he may try to socialize and involve himself in the realm's politics, he is constantly reminded of his intended station.

Photo

Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

jetblackmirror

𝙳𝚒𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚎𝚜,

sansa

Im interested but all seems full so i just wanted it known ill be following to see how this goes (: i had wanted to start a GoT RP but it never happened /: k! Enjoy
O/O
Hello E friends. For those who've role played with me, I disappeared for a while due to lack of access to a computer and personal issues. Life has calmed down and I now have access to E and inspiration has struck me again. :)

Creative Accountant

Quote from: sansa on January 31, 2013, 04:47:29 PM
Im interested but all seems full so i just wanted it known ill be following to see how this goes (: i had wanted to start a GoT RP but it never happened /: k! Enjoy

Hey Sansa

We haven't actually started yet so I'm sure there is space for more people. Throw in a character sheet!

:)

sansa

O/O

Creative Accountant

You could be anyone at all. The obvious call would be a certain red haired lady from the north but I don't know if that's who you want to be. There is a Joffrey so that may sway you either way.

Other than that we have 2/3 baratheons, 2/3 lannisters and roughly one each from the others except that lot from high garden with the knight of flowers etc as well as some random sellswords and summer islanders.

sansa

::) I'd absolutely love to be Sansa Stark (older age then the series haha- i suppose whatever age the Joffrey in this story will be)
O/O

xPeachyPuff

Awesome! He's 16, I believe. And god help you having to put up with him >>;;;

-xSRx

sansa

Haa no kidding. But i can not miss out on the chance to play her hehe.
O/O

Tyrus

Sorry for the delay in response guys. RL caught me in a grind but I have not forgotten about our RP.

I've written my character's initial post and am sorting out the descriptions and such of KL to set everyone up. I am going with the suggestion made by Creative Accountant to start everyone off in different areas of King's Landing before we set off into our separate directions. What does everyone feel about a royal hearing called by King Joffrey tying most of us together into the city before the RP goes from there?

My RP Request Thread.

1SAZ

Are you still accepting characters? If so, are their any factions that are not currently covered/needed for the war? I ask because I have a number of characters that I could put in to fill a needed space.

Creative Accountant

Quote from: 1SAZ on February 07, 2013, 02:38:41 AM
Are you still accepting characters? If so, are their any factions that are not currently covered/needed for the war? I ask because I have a number of characters that I could put in to fill a needed space.

Still Accepting (I think) as Tyrus or anyone else for that matter has said otherwise. Are you playing multiple characters or do you just have multiple in mind?

2 x Lannister (although photo is playing all Lannisters i think if not taken)
2 x Baratheon (If you count Joffrey as a Baratheon and not a Lannister)
1 x Stark (Sansa possibly joining as Sansa)
1 x Arryn
1 x Dorne
1 x High Septon
1 x Riverland Faction - Anti-tully
1 x Stormcrow Merc
1 x Summer Islander

I think thats everyone so apologies if you were missed...

1SAZ

A number of character concepts, just going to play one for the time being though. I'll probably post my character sometime tonight or in the morning.

1SAZ

The Bell Chimes

Character Name: Ser Martyn Belmore
Loyalist or Separatist: Separatist
House: House Arryn of The Eryie, Born of House Belmore of Strongsong
Faction: Captain of the Guard of The Eryie
Family: Lord Benedar Belmore (Uncle)
             Ser Marwyn Belmore (Father)
             Lady Felicia Belmore Nee Arryn (Mother)
             Ser Robert Belmore (Brother, Elder, Knight of the Kingsguard)
Appearance: Like many of the Belmore family, Martyn sports the characteristic copper hair cut in short waves over his head. His eyes appear as pools of blue the same shade as the mid day sky, giving him a glint in his eye of hope that has been lost on his family for generations. While slim and lanky like his father, his body is toned from training and quite tall, though not nearly as much as Ser Gregor Clagane. He often holds at least a week old beard that he keeps immaculately trimmed, except when he is acting in a tournament on behalf of his father's or mother's families. He has a scar across his left eyebrow from where his father's sword nearly took his head after a night of drinking and Martyn's attempt to save a peasant from his father's scorn.
Personality: Martyn is a kind hearted soul with a prominent smile upon his face showing the joy that he takes from the simpler things in life. He is not one to let a person suffer, and has been seen aiding farmers in plowing fields and hunting with a group of peasants wishing to feed their families. He is well loved by the peoples of the Vale for his sense of justice and his willingness to do whatever is needed to make sure all are comfortable. Unlike his father before him, he has never unfairly punished a subject of the Arryn's lordship, often preferring flogging to most other punishments. He is also noted for his diligence in study and investigation.
Equipment:

• A broadsword, Northstar, which received upon being knighted. It is his family's ancestral blade and made of Valarian Steel.
  • A dagger with a blue leather hilt and a steel falcon's head pommel. It is the last memento of his former mentor and he keeps it upon his belt at all times.
  • A steel breastplate and pauldrons. His right pauldron is emblazoned with a blue falcon, signifying his service to the Arryns. He has his right arm armored completely while leaving his left almost completely uncovered other than his pauldron.
  • A letter from Jon Arryn urging Martyn to head to King's Landing immediately, dated just prior to Jon's death.
  • A heater shield showing Martyn's personal coat of arms, six silver bells surrounding a silver falcon on a split field of purple and blue. He rarely carries it unless serving in a tournament.
  • During his current trip to King's Landing, Martyn wears a leather doublet with the top left partially open, a belt holding his sword at his left hip and his dagger at the small of his back, and a horse carrying the rest of his gear. Upon the collar of his doublet is a blue falcon sewn into the leather signifying his status as Guard Captain of the Eryie.
Skills:

• Expert Swordsman: Serving as Elbert Arryn's squire prior to his death, Martyn saw how a True Knight was supposed to live. This instilled in him a set of values that had grown with him in his many years. One of those values was diligence of studies, which he applied to the art of the sword. Since his knighting, he has often fought other knights to standstills in tournament melees, including the Kingslayer himself, though the battle usually ends in the Jaime's favor do to his willingness to fight slightly less honorably.
  • Fisherman: When not acting as a guard of the Eryie, Martyn often spends his days fishing in one of the numerous inlets in the Vale.
  • Cooking: Martyn has learned how to cook from his days serving as Elbert's squire. Elbert had his squire cook every meal that he ate except his last, to help the young boy learn to take care of himself. Even with the minimal supplies, Martyn can make quite the impressive meal.
Origins/History: As a child, Martyn had only known one kindness, that of his mother. His father wished the boy to see that the world was a place of harsh realities, in hopes that the boy would one day become lord of their house after his brother's death. His mother, however, wished the boy only happiness and joy. This youth had instilled in Martyn a sense of idealism that stuck with him beyond childhood. It was also this idealism that caused a schism between him and his father that continues on to current years.

On Martyn's 5th Name Day, he was taken to the seat of his mother's house as part of a promise his father had made to the Lord of The Vale. That promise was that Martyn would stay with the Arryn's and learn from Jon Arryn's nephew, Elbert, in the ways of knighthood. This pact was partly to ensure Martyn's father's place as Guard Captain despite his age, and to improve his cousin-in-law's disposition of the increasingly irritating actions of his brother. For Jon, he was just happy to have his cousin's son under his watch and his nephew's tutelage. It also gave his daughter someone to play with other than his numerous nieces after her birth. He wished his daughter a friend.

As Martyn aged, he learned quite a bit from his "new family", particularly what it was like to have a mentor he could truly look up to. He and Elbert became close very quickly during his his tutelage, often being found playing rather than training, at least that's what Martyn remembered. That relationship had helped shaped the man he would be later in his life, as well as the events that pulled them apart far too soon. At the age of only eight, Martyn found out what it was like to lose someone he loved when Elbert went off with Brandon Stark and his squire to rescue Brandon's sister from Rhaegar Targaryan's abduction. Elbert left his squire behind due to his age, stating that "These weren't the matters of children and wooden swords." As he left, he gave the boy a dagger with a falcon's head for a pommel, implying that he would return for it.

After Robert's Rebellion, Martyn continued to stay with the Arryn's in the Eryie. It wasn't until he was sixteen that he had once again came into contact with his own father, only to be told of his mother's death. The news shocked the boy, though it tempered his resolve to become a knight once more. Under the watch of Jon and his friend Eddard, who felt he owed the boy for the death of his mentor when aiding his brother, he was taught all there was to know about combat and chivalry. It was on Martyn's 21st name day that he entered a tournament in Kings Landing at the suggestion of Jon and the approval of King Robert. Martyn nearly won the melee, only being beaten by Jaime, who had entered out of sheer boredom. As thanks for the good fight, Jaime did the young man the favor of naming him a knight under the laws of the Seven Kingdoms.

Once returning to The Vale, Martyn had found that his father fell off his horse and injured his leg. His uncle, seeing his brother's injury as weakness, took their ancestral blade and all titles sworn upon Marwyn and bestowed them to the next in line of succession. While the blade was his to give, the titles however were not, and Martyn returned to King's Landing once more to speak with Jon about what he should do. While Jon was annoyed with the arrogance of Lord Belmore, he agreed that Marwyn could not continue on as Captain of the Guard. As such, he allowed Martyn to take his father's title if he wished.

Note: Though the Belmore's words never appear in the books, I decided to make theirs up. If it's not alright, I can remove them.

xPeachyPuff

Ohh, Interesting character 1SAZ. We should probably work something out together since I've created my character to be John Arryn's first born daughter. She's spent most of her life at the Eyrie after she was sent back there from King's Landing because of her mother, Lysa Arryn.

-xSRx

1SAZ

Thank you. He was a fun character to write up due to the way I wanted to handle his affiliation with his own family (or lack there of). Please pop me a PM with any ideas you have for the two, as I have a few thoughts about the current situation (from what I read everyone is supposed to be in King's Landing for some reason or another).

Tyrus

Love the new profiles guys. I'm always keen for new players who are eager and committed. :)

Sorry for taking so long in preparation too, everyone. Unfortunately RL caught me as I stated before, but I'm definitely committed to seeing this through, especially with so many awesome writers who seem as enthusiastic on writing some ASoIaF stories as me haha.

I have finished the King's Landing intro, Red Keep intro and Edric's opening post. I'm going to put the topics up now (OOC and the main KL topic) and provide the links shortly. The opening post sets Edric within the Red Keep under the pretense of a royal hearing being held in the Great Hall, called by King Joffrey. If you envision your character to be within KL but in another area other than the Keep, feel free to go ahead and post and write up the area your character is starting within. If you don't feel like doing the description, throw up the post, send me a PM and I'll give you a quick intro of the area for you to edit and put into your post later. :)

Hope everyone is still on board!

Link to King's Landing topic: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165338.0
Link to OOC of War of the Five Kings: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165339.0

My RP Request Thread.

Tyrus

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

I will be playing Sansa (:
Im sorry, im out of town and on from my phone
I will try to join the internet soon!
O/O

Tyrus

Can't wait for your profile. :)

So is everyone still in? Have some of you decided to drop? Let me know. :)

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

O/O

Primarch

Quote from: sansa on February 15, 2013, 09:09:18 PM
Okay so i guess that boots me out then. Have fun guys

I think you might have misconstrued what he meant when he said "Can't wait," unless I've missed something.

sansa

As much as i would love to play, i am not sure if im at a complete understanding of this version of the game. I good with the original characters but start toget a bit lost bringing new ones in and i dunno where in the story we are starting so i sadly might need to pass any how
O/O

Tyrus

I meant can't wait to see your profile because I'd love to have you play Sansa and see your profile, but okay then?

New characters are always welcome. Sorry you misunderstood.

My RP Request Thread.

sansa

Alrightyyy. Well can you let me know pleaseee, where are we starting in the story? :)
O/O

Tyrus

My first post in the thread hopefully covers most of it. Essentially it's set during the War of the Five Kings (so the events of Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords) in an obvious alternate scenario as several of the characters are related to the great houses in this RP (Baratheon, Lannister, Arryn). Most of us will be playing our own original characters but two participants, Photo and AdrianZef, have chosen to play King Joffrey and Bronn, respectively.

The initial premise drawing us all to King's Landing is Joffrey calling a royal hearing. This is a few weeks/months after the execution of Eddard Stark, and everything that plays out from here will be our own story. I had hoped we would be able to discuss our plans and plot ideas in the OOC but I think many of the people here haven't logged on yet to see I posted the RP (as I took quite some time to do so, my bad).

Sansa is a great character within ASoIaF so it'd be great to see you play her. Your own take on her character, her history, her motivations and interactions with us is pretty much up to you. :)

My RP Request Thread.