Diaspora, hard sci-fi FATE, [Still open, check last post.]

Started by AKunoichi, December 15, 2012, 01:54:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

I may be interested in signing up for something like this, despite my unease towards system based gameplay. In complete fairness, I haven't really given system games a chance. I really like the idea of a rag-tag crew of distinct people that functions much like a bit of a surrogate family so option 1 appeals to me.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: AK47 on December 19, 2012, 02:59:37 AM
That's pretty much it, although you can also compel somebody else by making a deal with them "I don't think you should succeed that roll because you have a Big Mouth" If they agree, you give them a fate point. If they disagree, they give you a fate point.

Some questions before we start anything.
Is everyone okay with including Aliens, Psionics, and Artificial Intelligence in this campaign?

If aliens exist. The cluster is recovering from a war with space bugs. The war ended in a truce, but both species still distrust the other. Other alien races might also exist. I think my friend might want to play her own race.
If Psionics exist, it would mostly follow the optional rules in the book, Slipstream navigation would require a psychic navigator.
If AIs exist, they would be available at T1 and higher, and be about as smart as an average human, abet much better at multitasking. It would also allow the Ship to be a character. Either a PC or GMPC.

In all cases, Alien/Psycic/Robot Abilites would be represented by stunts, and have to be approved be me. Although I think I would prefer at least half of the party to be normal humans.

How do you feel about bio-engineered humans or chimeras to be more exact? I'm curious because I want to do a character that's been spliced with some other lifeform. (90% human 10% Shark) Or is that a bit much?

AKunoichi

Sorry Knight. Were pretty much full. I'll update this thread if somebody drops out. But right now there's no room.

Everyone else, OOC is up.

AKunoichi

Okay one person bailed and one person is MIA, so we have two more slots.

If anybody is interested check the OOC thread and then post here.

AKunoichi

Still looking for people. Anybody interested please respond.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

AKunoichi

Etah dna Evol

I might be down for this. Maybe the rebellious son of an aristocratic family who is a former military officer.
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

AKunoichi

We have somebody like that already, but if you are interested in playing, read the OOC thread and SRD. Then roll a planet and make a character.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, my char is quite same concept you said (altough not aristocratic but son of business guru of major organization).

AKunoichi

I don't want to let this die, if anybody is remotely interested please check out the OOC thread and PM me.