Mapping Eden Project. [Recruiting again][Romance and/or N/C]

Started by Montagne, November 25, 2012, 06:59:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FallenFeather

Psst military requires five years unless discharged either honorably (being shot in say the butt) or dishonorably (beating another member) :3 I think some army scar could be cool though

Chreestafer

Not true, my uncle was a marine, brother and cuz in the navy, what it technicly is you do 4 to  years active duty, then 2 to 4 years unactive (meaning they could call u into service if needed yada yada yada) a good group of my friends are military and in school after 4 years in service.

and hey THM!

but if scars turn you on FallenFeather, we can do that too ;)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

FallenFeather

Really? My ex was a Marine and he had to be in for five years. My friend is in the Navy and he's in for five years. Cousin in Air Force for five years. Recruiters for Navy and Air Force tell me five years. :O

And men with scars are sexy ;)

Chreestafer

unless shits changed since ive last spoken to a recruiter lol, since day one ive been informed its 8 years total so many active so many unactive from 4 to 6 active and 2 to 4 un active.
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

NinjaWeazel

Depends on what you do for contract.  Navy example (since that's where I served): Bos'ns mate: 4 years active minimum.  Fire Control: 6 year active minimum.

Frank Reshman

*pokes head in*

Hello? Room for one more? From what I've read it sounds really interesting.  I would LOVE to make up a character.   :-)

FallenFeather

NinjaWeazel

Rule #1: Never trust your recruiter.  They'll tell you just about anything to help them meet whatever their goals are at the time.  XD

*back to working on character*  For some reason I just can't get his background to gel in my head.  >:(

DarkRose15

Quote from: Frank Reshman on December 01, 2012, 03:03:00 AM
*pokes head in*

Hello? Room for one more? From what I've read it sounds really interesting.  I would LOVE to make up a character.   :-)
Go ahead and make up a character, Atlas is the one who will go through and approve characters. I look forward to seeing it :D We are still in need I think of a few more fellows.
Den of DarkRose: Ideas & Completed Games
Apologies & Absences *Updated 10/4/16*

Friends help you move; Real friends help you move the body.
Carl: Shh....do you hear that? That is the sound of forgiveness!
Paul: That's the sound of people drowning Carl!
Carl: That...is what forgiveness sounds like! Screaming then silence!

FallenFeather

Wait, I think I figured it out! 4 years active for enlisted. 5 years active for officer :O

AribethAmkiir

Do we know when the recruitment is going to end or when we'll know which characters are accepted?

Montagne

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on December 01, 2012, 06:35:22 PM
Do we know when the recruitment is going to end or when we'll know which characters are accepted?

Sorry I was inactive yesterday, I was spending a romantic weekend with the lover. Now onto accepted characters.

i'm going with 5 females, and 3-4 Males depending on applications. I'll close with the 3-4 males when I think there are a nice spread of character types to choose from or it's been too long (perhaps a week)

The 5 female characters selected are

darkrose15 - Yuki Sanders
CurvyKitten - Alexandria Elena Holender
xSnorkleRainbow - Stephanie Clarke
FallenFeather - Esmeralda Rodriguez
AribethAmkiir - Nichole “Nikki” Drake

sorry Vassus. If you would like to play in the game as a male character I'm totally fine with you submitting another one, these were just my 5 favourite characters and I can't make the party any larger.

Montagne

Quote from: Frank Reshman on December 01, 2012, 03:03:00 AM
*pokes head in*

More male characters, we want them!

Quote from: Chreestafer on November 30, 2012, 03:56:30 PM
Definitely interested

Any way to fit a military kid in? Like say he is 24 now but joined the service at 18 spent 4 years in for the money got out at 22 and went to college to be a vet for his love of animals.  So when be heard about the experience to learn unique animals he jumped on board?

Make sure it's fitting to the sort of setting we are going for. IE a lost band of people, and the emotions that entails. So if he is going to be military it would be best to make sure he's not some sort of ex-marine survivalist badass, or someone who's seen multiple tours of duty. Characters with some weaknesses, or at least who aren't perfectly fit to survive without struggle are the best.

DarkRose15

xPeachyPuff

Waaaaaay. Thank you very much for accepting my character. I'm glad you liked her (:
-xSRx

CurvyKitten

Quote from: Atlas on December 01, 2012, 06:45:01 PM
Sorry I was inactive yesterday, I was spending a romantic weekend with the lover. Now onto accepted characters.

i'm going with 5 females, and 3-4 Males depending on applications. I'll close with the 3-4 males when I think there are a nice spread of character types to choose from or it's been too long (perhaps a week)

The 5 female characters selected are

sorry Vassus. If you would like to play in the game as a male character I'm totally fine with you submitting another one, these were just my 5 favourite characters and I can't make the party any larger.

Yaay!  I can't wait to start, thank you for picking me. :)

AribethAmkiir

DarkRose15

NinjaWeazel

I'll try to finish up quickly.  man who knew a Korean-American biochemist from the bayou would be so hard to write for  XD

Marconi Drake

Very interested in taking part, if you still need people. Can do up a male character sheet if you've got the space.

Vassus

Quote from: Atlas on December 01, 2012, 06:45:01 PM

Hey, no issue. I may re-apply, but there seems to be plenty of other contenders who have a male as their first choice, so I might just bow out. If you need me again, all you must do is blow this whistle...
E-Mail: radically.irrelevant@gmail.com

Did you know: "polish" is a word that completely changes it's meaning when you capitalize the first letter?

Montagne

Quote from: Vassus on December 02, 2012, 01:57:55 AM
Hey, no issue. I may re-apply, but there seems to be plenty of other contenders who have a male as their first choice, so I might just bow out. If you need me again, all you must do is blow this whistle...

I always pick the characters on what I think will make for the best story, so if you want to re-apply don't worry about it being your second character :)

Montagne

Quote from: Marconi Drake on December 02, 2012, 01:46:11 AM
Very interested in taking part, if you still need people. Can do up a male character sheet if you've got the space.

apply apply apply ;D that includes all other players thinking of making male chars. I'll be sure to make everyone aware when we are closing down, so just post your interest, then your character.

DarkRose15

Pure Equinox

Name: Scott "Scotty" Willington
Played by: Pure Equinox
Nationality: Brazilian American
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Dark brown
Height: 6'2"
Sexuality: Bisexual

Likes/Turn ons: Romance, passionate sex, slow dancing, imaginative people
Dislikes/Turn offs: Ignorance, flamboyance

Specialty: Botany, Hunting

Background/History/Personality: Scotty was born in America, his father being American and his mother being Brazilian. He adored his parents very much, not having a hard life at all. He often went hunting with his father, and learned Brazilian recipes from his mother. He spent most of his time with his parents rather than hanging out with any of his friends. He was smart, yet lazy. He never bothered to do his homework unless it really reflected upon his grade, getting mostly B's in all of his classes. When it was time to take his SAT's, he scored very high, and attended a good college in the study of plants; Botany.

For a job during his teenage years, he took upon modeling for a few months, then went to becoming a chef at a restaurant. The money he earned from his hard works at his two different jobs went towards his college funds.

Most say that Scotty has the appearance of his mother; facial features, hair color, and all. Yet, they say his personality is much like his father. Brave, independent, intelligent, humorous, fun, and charming. Having tan skinned and being tall in stature, many people that he towers over find him intimidating, yet sweet and kind.

Additional Character Info: N/A