[Exalted 2.5] Infernals: Heroes of Hell (LFM)

Started by Re Z L, November 23, 2012, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaoticSky

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 25, 2012, 06:40:03 PM
A state of the world would be good to know, would help in working on a character.

Darkling, still wanna have your slayer be the infernal mate to my changing moon? :P
*noddle* i gave a slightly detailed concept a little ways back, so as long as your westerly inclined it shouldnt be hard to link them up, but feel free to PM me with your idea

PaleEnchantress

Followers/Henchmen/Allies/Contacts/Spies - Due to the nature of the game these backgrounds will confer no benefit, you may include it in your character's backstory but note that it will have no effect in game

*Screams in terror* those were my favorite backgrounds! I'll have to find an alternate means of starting with followers, suggestions anyone? (Not including cult)
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

ChaoticSky

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 25, 2012, 06:57:12 PM
Followers/Henchmen/Allies/Contacts/Spies - Due to the nature of the game these backgrounds will confer no benefit, you may include it in your character's backstory but note that it will have no effect in game

*Screams in terror* those were my favorite backgrounds! I'll have to find an alternate means of starting with followers, suggestions anyone? (Not including cult)
artefact for automata, daemonic fammilar for demons, regular fammilar for critters (all of which can produce sentient allies)

PaleEnchantress

Another question, is there much benefit to having a few dots in presence when you have a much greater level of performance already? The two do seem to have some mechanical overlap. Im thinking with a high performance I won't really be at a loss for lack of presence but I thought i'd ask.

ShadowFox89

Performance is generally for a wider range and more finesse, whereas presence is your social-fu hammer.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Re Z L

I'll have a better description of the state of the world tomorrow evening for you all.

In general you can assume your typical tasks since the Usurpation have been relatively simple, routing small insurgencies, defending against the undead/neverborn, fending off the Fae, hunting down resistance etc.
A&A

ShadowFox89

Oh, Rez, essence at 3 and 28bp for me too?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

I may end up a Malefactor rather then a Defiler. Really difficult. I thought I was good with She Who Lives In Her Name (though Verdant Emptiness Endowment and its really enticing - Though I think Krule wants those and I have enough options in "She") It's mostly the excellency uses seem to fit my character better with Cec then She. I think i'll be staying defiler though....maybe...

Cessali

There's absolutely no reason not to pick up the other Excellency down the line-- or, hell, if you wanted to, start off with Cecylene's Excellency rather than SWLiHN's.  You're going to want two Yozi Excellencies as it is; having one forces you into a certain rote pattern if you want to be supernaturally potent, and sometimes it's just disadvantageous to be forced to be even-handed and methodical and efficient when sometimes you want to break things down in a messy and explosive fashion just to prove a point.

Cessali

My sheet.  The history is subject to variation with the State of the World address coming forthwith, and I might dink around with the specialties, but in its current form it is otherwise complete.

I submit to you all: Minha Burning-Heart!

Picture:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Background + Motifs:

THE STORY TO NOW
Minha remembers the last days of the Heaven and Hell War clearly.  She remembers her mother and father, well-bred and well-to-do patricians of the dying Realm, telling her that in the event of their death, as the eldest daughter the duty of killing her little brothers and sisters to prevent them from becoming demon-thralls fell to her.  She agreed out of duty, not knowing in her heart what this would demand of her.

She was an ambitious young woman of whom great things were expected; had things not turned out so poorly in the War, she had been expected to marry into a Dynast's house and assume a prestigious post in the Thousand Scales in the wake of her graduation from the Spiral Academy.  She of course knew some of how to defend herself, had endured some training at the hands of the Immaculate Order, but knew nothing of war-- not until war came to the Blessed Isle itself, and the shadows were often thicker than the day.  Even then she attempted to remain ignorant, and succeeded well until the point where the schools were forced to close.

But when the time came for her to obey her parents, when she had gathered her brothers and sisters in the basement of the house, had the help barricade the way out, and picked up the spear she knew nothing of how to use, she hesitated.  She wanted to kill them and abbreviate their suffering.  The will was present, but no matter how much she cared to, she found she couldn't go through with it.  For fear (she had never willfully hurt people before and had certainly not -killed- anyone, either), for love (these were her -siblings-, she liked them, loved them even-- even this quick death would be more than she could bear), for a dozen other reasons beside, she wilted and set the spear aside.  When the doors were drawn open by looters, she did not react as they carried her and her siblings off.

And in a cell, dirty, beaten, and alone, the demon who would become her Coadjutor whispered promises of the world she could yet make.

She Exalted too late to save her siblings, but she vowed shortly afterwards that whatever this new order brought, she would do her best to make certain that everyone had as fair a cop as she could possibly do for them.  The masters of the Reclamation have found in her a talented engineer and negotiator; she is dreadfully earnest, and is more interested in earning willing converts than hammering home holdouts and heretics, but that still makes her very useful when dealing with opponents that respect a well-mannered speaker.

APPEARANCE
Minha is a scion of the dead Realm, a heritage visible in the coif of her hair, in the lines of her eyebrows and cheekbones.  She dresses in the style of her ancestors, favoring crimson and azure silk robes (a deliberate flaunting of Cecylene's prohibition against the color blue), a deliberate nod to her origins and to her new role as speaker for the current base of true power.  Even trivial scrutiny suggests her relative birth; she is naturally graceful, elegant, and charming, the kind of person who makes friends easily and whose enemies wish they were her friends.  The only obvious suggestions she tends to keep of her nature are a pair of starmetal Perfected Kata Bracers (usually beneath her sleeves until it is time to rumble), and a pair of hearthstone amulets that dangle on cords from her belt.

The fire of her anima banner appears as a burning silvered tree, the face on the bark twisting in reluctant but solid determination.  It is the only physical relic of her coadjutor, one of the not-tree things of the Endless Desert.

TRANSCENDENT COMPASSION
The old order is gone, and no amount of weeping shall change it-- just as the Primordials were cast down, just as the Usurpation ended the First Age, just as the Reclamation swallowed the Realm.  For the heirs and servants of the new order, a wider vision of what must be done is necessary, and so Minha has redefined her understanding of the relevance of suffering.

Those who resist the new order with violence may be struck down if they refuse to repent.  Those who give themselves willingly may be spent as coin.  Those who cry for help and succor must be nursed to harmony.

INSTINCTS
*Grace under pressure, always.
*Armaments have failed me before; carry nothing.
*Everyone deserves a chance to repent.

BELIEFS
*The Yozi have won and they have changed the world once again; I must care for those who cannot care for themselves in this changed world.
*The world is in disrepair because those in power refuse to find harmony; I must negotiate peace wherever I can.
*(third belief pending)

Character Sheet
MOTIVATION: Find an acceptable mean and balance between the powers of Creation.
URGE: Become an icon of worship throughout Creation.  (Cecylene)
CASTE: Malefactor
FAVORED: Kimbery
ANIMA POWER: +1 App, +1 sux sorcerous binding demons

STR 2 DEX 5 STM 2
CHA 5 MAN 2 APP 5
PER 2 INT 3 WIT 2

Archery, *Martial Arts 5, Melee, Thrown, War
*Integrity 1, *Performance 5, *Presence 3, *Resistance 1, *Survival 0
*Craft 1, Investigation, Lore 1, Medicine, Occult
Athletics 1, *Awareness 3, *Dodge 5, Larceny, Stealth 1
*Bureaucracy 5, Linguistics 3, Ride, Sail, Socialize 5

Performance (Religious Conversion) +1
Martial Arts (Natural Weapons) +1
Socialize (High Society) +1
Socialize (The Citizens of Malfeas) +1 [from coadjutor]
Craft (Craft: Air) +1

High Realm
Old Realm
Firetongue
Airtongue

Compassion 5
Conviction 2
Temperance 5
Valor 1

Cecylene (resentment)
The Realm (fond remembrance)
Herself (self-doubting)
Violence (distasteful)
My Family (bitter sorrow)
My Cult (fierce protectiveness)
Coadjutor Indrisanthe (adoring devotion)

(FREE: 1 of Hearthstone Amulet, 2 of Silken Armor, 3 of Perfected Kata Bracers, 1 of Cult, 3 of Manse 3, 3 of Manse 3)
Artifact 1: Hearthstone Amulet (1m: Contains Bloodstone)
Artifact 1: Hearthstone Amulet (1m: Contains Guardian Gem)
Artifact 2: Silken Armor (2m: Armor, +5L/+3B, does not interfere with MA).
Artifact 4: Perfected Kata Bracers, Vitriol-reconsecrated starmetal (8m: when Form charm active: add Essence to Acc, Def, Dam; lethal or bashing as desired; -2m from same style).  This artifact was left to her as the rightful property of her previous Malefactor incarnation, who bravely (cravenly?) gave his life for the cause of the Reclamation.
Cult 3: (+3motes/hour respired, +1wp reflexively regained in a day) Those who revered the previous bearer of her Exaltation have transferred their worship to her, and she does her best to do good by them all.
Manse 3: Bloodstone (Kimbery Aspected, no damage from Poison or Sickness, no bleeding) The manse is located in Malfeas, to be detailed later.
Manse 3: Guardian Gem (Oramus aspected: reroll 2x/story, may burn reroll to prevent 2 postsoak)  The manse is located in Malfeas, to be detailed later.
Mentor 1: (Sifu for Black Claw Style) Her Coadjutor was well versed in the Black Claw style before its selection for being a Coadjutor, and teaches Minha the art as Minha wishes for lessons.
Savant 3: (+3 to all stats when dealing with First Age information) It has become apparent to Minha that her previous incarnation performed some sort of soul-flensing to cleanse himself of their previous First Age existences.  While the emotional data that bedevils many warlocks is gone, she retains the practical information and knowledge that is occasionally useful when mincing things.
Unwoven Coadjutor 2: (+1 specialty from Coadjutor, +2 dice social demons) Indrisanthe is subtle in her reprimands and sparing with her encouragements, but as much as the demon wanted to dislike Minha she seems to have won it over.  It speaks to her as a matron might to another's daughter, and Minha has learned to trust what it has to say about demons and the demon city.

Willpower 9
Essence 3
Personal Essence: 18/18
Peripheral Essence: 28/43
Committed: 17 (Hellscry Chakra 5, Artifacts 12)

(FREE: First Kimbery Excellency x3, Hardened Devil Body, Hellscry Chakra, Transcendent Desert Creature)

Hardened Devil Body

Hellscry Chakra (5m Commit: See the Demon and understand it)
Demonic Primacy of Essence (Perm: lower Essence demons take MDV+UMI penalty; take MDV penalty dealing with higher-Essence demons)
Untouchable Infinitude Reflection (4m1wp: when WP spent to resist MI, uncapped +2 MDV per WP spent; Cecylene imperfection)
Counter-Pronouncement of Enthymemic Law (5m: Pronounce a law, develop intimacy towards it, it defends against MI and Shaping; Cecylene imperfection)
Transcendent Desert Creature (Perm: the Cecylene Survival Suite)
Sands Through Fingers Defense (8m: PD through dematerialize, Cecylene imperfection)

Factual Determination Analysis (2m: true/false statement)
Cosmic Transcendence of Compassion (Perm: New definition of Compassion, sux when channelling)

First Kimbery Excellency x3

Open Palm Caress (4m: +Essence to JB, 2/4wp or "they started it!")
Torn Lotus Defense (after parrying/dodging attack: 2m: 1wp or scene of positive intimacy-building for me)
Flexing the Emerald Claw (3m/4mInobvious: unarmed attack delivers 7L/Action, 3, -/-, -2 poison)
Black Claw Form (5m scene Form: 1m: Step 1 leapaway (App) yards, 1wp or attackers erode positive intimacies to them, parry ranged/lethal)

ATTACKS:
Hands: Acc 13 (16), Def +2(+5), Dam 2B(5L), Rate 3, Speed 5
Feet: Acc 11 (14), Def 0 (+3), Dam 5B (8L), Rate 2, Speed 5
Clinch: Acc 11 (14), Def -, Dam 2B (5L), Rate 1, Speed 6

DV
PDV: 6 (8 w/PKB active)
DDV: 6
MDDV: 6
MPDV: 5

SOAK
Naked: 2B/1L
Armored: 5B/6L/5A

HL
Incap

BP
4 - Willpower ->9
2 - Unwoven Coadjutor 2
1 - Compassion ->5
3 - Temperance ->5
2 - Artifact 3 ->4
1 - Artifact 1
4 - Manipulation 1->2
4 - Dodge 1 ->5
4 - Martial Arts 1 ->5
4 - Performance 1->5

Re Z L

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 25, 2012, 07:46:13 PM
Oh, Rez, essence at 3 and 28bp for me too?

Yup   ;D

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 25, 2012, 07:52:11 PM
I may end up a Malefactor rather then a Defiler. Really difficult. I thought I was good with She Who Lives In Her Name (though Verdant Emptiness Endowment and its really enticing - Though I think Krule wants those and I have enough options in "She") It's mostly the excellency uses seem to fit my character better with Cec then She. I think i'll be staying defiler though....maybe...

Like Jarick says, Yozi charms and excellencies have some pretty narrow focuses (and their flaws of invulnerability are easy to get around).  Generally it's good to get two, which is why I gave everyone one set of Excellencies for free, this way you have at least one excellency that will apply to most/all situations.
A&A

ShadowFox89

Oh, I should note that, with the lunar charm rewrite I'm using, my character can have a bond dedicated to everyone :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

http://forums.white-wolf.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1458965

Technically, it'd be using the above charm, since I'm using the Argent Witch rewrite.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 25, 2012, 08:35:34 PM
Oh, I should note that, with the lunar charm rewrite I'm using, my character can have a bond dedicated to everyone :D

Im going to screw you so hard you turn into a zombie! .... Wait it's the Widow who does that (Character in a different exalted game) not The Bitch Queen

ShadowFox89

Not rolling up a combat character either, going for social/spy style.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 25, 2012, 09:17:47 PM
Not rolling up a combat character either, going for social/spy style.

I don't think we have anyone who has a more subterfuge related style.

ChaoticSky

Quote from: PaleEnchantress on November 25, 2012, 09:21:03 PM
I don't think we have anyone who has a more subterfuge related style.
we have a Fiend i think, they pretty much have lies for blood.

Pumpkin Seeds

ShadowFox89

Maybe we should get a list of who is going with what caste and focus?
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ExisD

For the list: Defiler and crafting/leadership focus was what I was planning, sorry I haven't said much. I haven't had much time to post in the past week.

Pumpkin Seeds

Fiend and social manipulation...blackmailing and moving about the pieces on the board type stuff.

ShadowFox89

Sounds like my no moon would go great with your fiend....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

If someone does want to play my beefcake lustbound servant, we may talk about things like the true love merit or other mutually comparable things. No one has offered yet.

Pumpkin Seeds

Certainly seems as if they'd have some things in common.