[Exalted 2.5] Infernals: Heroes of Hell (LFM)

Started by Re Z L, November 23, 2012, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Krule on November 26, 2012, 05:51:57 PM
Principle-Invoking Onslaught - Transmute fool into gold... oh, hey it's a new kind of Fool's Gold.

Ahaha same attack I use! (when im not using the willpower depeating version) "You won't be able to disobey the perfect order when you are frozen solid. My garden is full of pretty men who couldn't stay away"
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Krule

Lovely Garden, I must say..

On a different note, checking the Scroll of Errata.. I love the Malefactors changed anima power

Infernals of the Malefactor Caste may channel their anima through sweet words and honeyed promises, beguiling the weak with their silvered tongues. By spending five motes, a Malefactor gains +1 Appearance, and adds a single automatic success on all social attacks against demons or characters of lower Essence for one scene. She also adds a single automatic success on any roll to sorcerously bind a demon. These effects come into play automatically once the warlock spends 11+ motes of Peripheral Essence.

Re Z L

A&A

PaleEnchantress

I really do need to download the scroll of errata. I want to let everyone know that while I will have sorcery I won't be starting with many spells at all.

PaleEnchantress

I was reading the scroll of heroes. I'm surprised Chaintits only has an appearance of 3. Bondage nun has a 4. The fact that The Prince of Shadows has the highest app among the abyssals listed wasn't a surprise.

Cessali

The Scroll of Exalts is... widely criticized for being weird in a number of places.  (Then again, the fact that she has the nickname "Chaintits" is probably a sign that she's overcompensating for actual appearance with nekkidness.)

As for power armor that fits both "can be used by martial artists" and "doesn't look like a transformer," you're out of luck.  The closest you'll be able to get is either the Silken Armor in the back of Oaedenol's Codex or the Discrete Essence Armor in Wonder's of the Lost Age.  Everything else counts as armor of the appropriate size for impeding martial arts stuff.  If you're not worried about martial arts, good non-transformer armor options may include making an infernal relic and tack on some Sapience for extra bonus powers.

ShadowFox89

I'm thinking a lunar from the West who grew up on Skullstone, survived telling an Abyssal to screw off, and met up with her Mate at some point. Decided to tag along because it's fun and generally doesn't have any big goals.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Jarick on November 26, 2012, 07:51:41 PM
As for power armor that fits both "can be used by martial artists" and "doesn't look like a transformer," you're out of luck.  The closest you'll be able to get is either the Silken Armor in the back of Oaedenol's Codex or the Discrete Essence Armor in Wonder's of the Lost Age.  Everything else counts as armor of the appropriate size for impeding martial arts stuff.  If you're not worried about martial arts, good non-transformer armor options may include making an infernal relic and tack on some Sapience for extra bonus powers.

Actually I want power armor (really any good armor) "Doesn't look like transformer" "CANT be used by martial artists". I've found a few armors that are customizable/fashionable but they are much weaker than an armor of that cost should be since they can be used my martial artists.

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 26, 2012, 07:55:14 PM
I'm thinking a lunar from the West who grew up on Skullstone, survived telling an Abyssal to screw off, and met up with her Mate at some point. Decided to tag along because it's fun and generally doesn't have any big goals.

That's fairly pliable. It's a fine enough background and makes you easy to get along with. I'm just letting out a bit of a snicker because I think my minion has more personal ambition.

Speaking of my minion.

Romanticide "Roman"
Demon of the First circle.

Some Neomah find their positions as demonic courtesans pleasurable. Many of those who don't at least have a lot of pride in how well they provide their cervices. Romanticide was not one of them. Romanticide did the job and did it well, but it was the creation of life and the sculpting of flesh that were it was a true artist. The desire to work with ever higher quality supplies is what brought it to the extravagant manse of Sonnellion. Romanticide would change it's shape to that of an handsome male to be more attractive to the master of the house. It always did have a slight preference for catering to such desires. As time went on Romanticide, or "Roman" as he was called, lost most interest in performing menial independent tasks. Instead he worked all the more closely with Sonnellion, performing various tasks for him and delving into the secrets of fleshcraft. Romanticide no longer has to use his shape changing charm to appear as a male. Through the power of genesis he is now the first naturally name Nemoah.

Motivation: To serve Sonnellion and discover the most powerful secrets of Genisis

Image (NSFW)
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Str 4, Dex 5, Stam 5, - Cha 2, Manip 4, App 5 - Per 4, Int 2, Wits 2

Virtue: Compassion 4, Conviction 5, Temperance 1, Valor 1

Abilities: Athletics 2 (Contortion +1), Awareness 3, Craft 5 (Genisis +1), Dodge 3, Integrity 4, Linguistics 5, Meele 2 (Hairpin +2), Presance 4 (seduction +3), Resistance 3, Stealth 2, Thrown 3, 

Backgrounds: Backing 1

Charms: Harrow the Mind, Principal of Motion, Reserve of Will x3, Shapechange, Weaving of Flesh, x, x, First, Second, and Third Excellency (Athletics, Dodge, Meele, Craft, Stealth), Touch of Grace, Ride. 

Join Battle: 5

Spit Fire: Speed 5, Accuracy 8, Damage 10L, Defense 2, Rate 2
Aconite Dusted Hairpin: Speed 3, Accuracy 9, Damage 5L + poison, Defense 6, Rate 3

Soak: 5L/5B
Health: -0/-1/-1/-1/-1/-1/-2/-2/-2/-2/-4/Incap

Dodge DV: 6 - Willpower: 9 (12) - Essence 4 - Essence Pool 85
Cost to Materialize: 65

Cessali

Oosh, my bad for that.  In that case, you're in an unstable position.  You have a few options.

The 2.5 Errata reduced the Artifact costs of corebook artifact armor such that articulated plate and superheavy articulated plate are both Artifact 3.  Both will offer you a rock-solid amount of soak and hardness for a price that's hard to beat.  If you want more than that as far as fancy powers go, you could (as mentioned before) make it an infernal relic than a magical material construction, and tack on two or three dots of Sapience to gain access to some pretty bitching spirit Charms, with (of course) the caveat that you're juggling the Sapience's demands on top of your own interests.  The higher-tier power armors from Wonders of the Lost Age are a bit overcosted for what they provide; I've heard decent things about the elemental dragon armors on that note and not-so-good things about the celestial battle armors.

Either way, for maximum soak powers, angle a little bit into the Malfeas tree for Scar-Writ Saga Shield and Veridian Legend Exoskeleton; the second purchase of the latter makes a soul even more of a soakbeast than is generally true.

ChaoticSky

im doing soaky too, im planning to stack armours where allowed, malfean charms, and cap it off with a perfect soak.

ShadowFox89

You know the great thing about moonsilver armor? It can alter it's shape and it has no mobility penalty

<3 superheavy moonsilver plate. 10/10 hardness, meaning that you can't touch me with MHM without HLS :D
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 26, 2012, 08:34:44 PM
You know the great thing about moonsilver armor? It can alter it's shape and it has no mobility penalty

<3 superheavy moonsilver plate. 10/10 hardness, meaning that you can't touch me with MHM without HLS :D

First, you assume I have no other enhancements on it. Two, what is HLS? Third, do you think combat is going to be my first choice of solving an issue?

ShadowFox89

Most Infernal damage charms, except for the Adorjan one, require you to first deal some damage. In 2.5, that's not gonna work well, since MHM now has a minimum damage of 3 rather than your essence. Additionally, you can increase the damage with an Elemental Lens (possibly, double check with Rez) and Ori Hearthstone Bracer, but that maxes out to about 8 damage dice. Still not enough to get past the hardness.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 26, 2012, 08:52:12 PM
Most Infernal damage charms, except for the Adorjan one, require you to first deal some damage. In 2.5, that's not gonna work well, since MHM now has a minimum damage of 3 rather than your essence. Additionally, you can increase the damage with an Elemental Lens (possibly, double check with Rez) and Ori Hearthstone Bracer, but that maxes out to about 8 damage dice. Still not enough to get past the hardness.

Care to answer point 2 now?

ShadowFox89

Heuristic Logos Shintai. Triples your effective strength score, which triples the damage you can do with Mind-Hand Manipulation. Also let's you mind-rape mass units. It's Swilly's "shit just got real" charm.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on November 26, 2012, 09:00:13 PM
Heuristic Logos Shintai. Triples your effective strength score, which triples the damage you can do with Mind-Hand Manipulation. Also let's you mind-rape mass units. It's Swilly's "shit just got real" charm.

AH yes that is a fun one.

Cessali

It's relevant to note that in 2.5, equipment bonuses to damage, soak, stats, and whatnot do not stack.  The old Silken Armor + Superheavy Plate + Soak-Increasing Hearthstones combos don't work anymore, which is kind of necessary given how much most of the various and sundry damage-dealing boosts from Charms and equipment were also correspondingly nerfed.

Most sadly, there is no canonical perfect soak for GSPs.  Malfeas has ways of dealing with post-soak energy damage, and the Greater Shintai of the Endless Desert significantly reduces post-soak damage, but aside from that, we're going into customs territory.

ShadowFox89

Hearthstone Bonuses don't equal equipment bonuses.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Cessali

Curious; I was under the impression they were.  TIME FOR RESEARCH!

Dracorion

It was never clarified. Some people think hearthstone bonuses count as equipment bonuses, other people don't.

ShadowFox89

Yeah, should have said that. I'm firmly in the camp that it isn't, because that makes things so much easier to figure out. Just ban hearthstones that give outright major bonuses like the Seven Leaping Dragon Stone.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ChaoticSky

Quote from: Jarick on November 26, 2012, 10:42:39 PM
It's relevant to note that in 2.5, equipment bonuses to damage, soak, stats, and whatnot do not stack.  The old Silken Armor + Superheavy Plate + Soak-Increasing Hearthstones combos don't work anymore, which is kind of necessary given how much most of the various and sundry damage-dealing boosts from Charms and equipment were also correspondingly nerfed.

Most sadly, there is no canonical perfect soak for GSPs.  Malfeas has ways of dealing with post-soak energy damage, and the Greater Shintai of the Endless Desert significantly reduces post-soak damage, but aside from that, we're going into customs territory.
You are incorret on a few points sir!

Firstly, there are a few rare instances where armour does infact still stack, and is said to in the current errata. I am using such to pile on as much soak as possible while remaining more or less naked, my character doesnt like anything getting between her and the Great Mother when shes goes swimming.

Secondly, Infernals do indeed get a perfect soak, Kimbery's PD qualifies as such.
Second, the Infernal can pay an extra mote to
dissolve the injurious power of an attack outright
(reducing raw and final damage to zero). Denying
damage this way carries the Imperfection of The
Sea That Marched Against the Flame, causing
tongues of hissing green fog to rise from the wounds
that never were

All Hail the Great Mother!

ShadowFox89

All hail the Great Mother!

*grows tentacles*

:D