Final Fantasy VII: Midgar Chronicles

Started by Florence, October 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Well, all spots got selected. But I myself do not mind if there are two heavy arms users, hacker/stealth guys, demolition experts, mages or medics etc. Or perhaps other unique role which could fill shoes in Shinra SWAT team (like crime scene investigator/scientist). Perhaps a mage who specializes to summoning magic and controlling a summoned beast?

SargentToughie

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this RP going, this is gonna be pretty cool!

Also, are theme songs a thing that's happening now? TO YOUTUBE!!!!!!
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Florence

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 28, 2012, 01:26:04 PM
Gosh darnit. I get busy for one weekend, and that ends up being the weekend you open the thread up, Finn! Did everyone snap up all the spots yet? D:

Well, I really do want to keep this small. Since you're a veteran of my last rp, I'm willing to open a spot for you, but I want to make it clear to everyone that if you sign up for this, I expect you to be active

I don't have a set posting minimum, we'll see what works for everyone, but I don't want this rp being lagged down by stragglers.

I suppose they could use another mage, so one can heal and the other can attack or both do the same as needed. Otherwise, you could perhaps be like... a science expert. Given that FF7's world has quite a lot of crazy science stuff xD Ooor. We could have a team engineer :o

Aright, here's an idea. One member of the team, either Latooni, or maybe one of the others would rather take this one, and Latooni can take their role, but we could have a Mighty Grunt on the team.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110816003249/finalfantasy/images/1/1a/Mighty_Grunt_Artwork.jpg
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120706211832/finalfantasy/images/e/e4/Mighty_Grunt_FF7.png

Your character would get a badass heavy armor suit like that, but the big drawback would be that it would be vulnerable to anything that screws up electronics or computers and whatnot, and when the suit's down, the character would be pretty weak.

I'm going to draw the line at Latooni, though. After her, I'm considering all spots closed! Well... that and medic, which I remember Rachubka expressed interest in. If she doesn't wind up taking the medic slot, I might just bump Adelise up to medic to fill the slot, as I don't really want to take on any more players after this.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Zaer Darkwail

Mighty Grunt = power armor mecha suit? Well, I can imagine my char back up the grunt with heavy weapon support and he is the one who disables Grunt units if terrorists gets hands on one. Or our hacker could also disable them. But against magic and other armed foes Grunt would be strong. Just my thoughts.

Anyways I would not mind make my guy Mighty Grunt user if Latooni does not mind heavy arms role for her char.

Florence

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 28, 2012, 01:58:01 PM
Mighty Grunt = power armor mecha suit? Well, I can imagine my char back up the grunt with heavy weapon support and he is the one who disables Grunt units if terrorists gets hands on one. Or our hacker could also disable them. But against magic and other armed foes Grunt would be strong. Just my thoughts.

Anyways I would not mind make my guy Mighty Grunt user if Latooni does not mind heavy arms role for her char.

They'd rip people apart, and small arms fire would do virtually nothing to them, but thunder magic would sort of make their systems wonk out and get glitchy, and repeated casting would do some heavy damage. Anti-Armor fire would punch holes in the suit, though, and a hacker could disable them, mess up their systems, etc. Fire wouldn't do much damage to the suit, but it'd make things really uncomfortable for the user, and start cooking them after a while. Melee would depend on the user. Normal humans would do very little in melee with the suits, but like... a SOLDIER 1st Class could slice it into shreds.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, can work with that. If Latooni wants heavy arms using char then I can go mighty grunt and work as 'tank' that way. As overall my char concept went for tank sort role. How well mighty grunt would fare, say, against FF7 monster types in combat? Compared to other 'class roles'? Of course it depends what weapons are in use and if any materia use from the driver itself.

Inari

I can see the pictures now. So all our characters would be in those things? o.O

Florence

Quote from: Starcry on October 28, 2012, 02:10:30 PM
I can see the pictures now. So all our characters would be in those things? o.O

Nono, you misread, I was suggesting we have one character who specializes in using those. Also, how do my characters look? :3

SargentToughie

Broken image on Yuge, but Adelise looks good.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Florence

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 28, 2012, 02:08:29 PM
Ok, can work with that. If Latooni wants heavy arms using char then I can go mighty grunt and work as 'tank' that way. As overall my char concept went for tank sort role. How well mighty grunt would fare, say, against FF7 monster types in combat? Compared to other 'class roles'? Of course it depends what weapons are in use and if any materia use from the driver itself.

Obviously it depends on the monster, though I'm going to say the pilot can't cast while inside the suit, as they need to focus on piloting it, outside, they might have some materia to use, but they're going to be a lot weaker than the others in direct combat. I can't really say what they would be like against monsters in general as there's way too many variables. They're heavily armored, so they'd shrug off light attacks and can dish out some heavy damage, but like... a Behemoth could probably take them down, depending on the range and what weapons the Mighty Grunt has attached. I'm gonna say the MGs are customizable to a degree, like weapons and whatnot can be swapped out.

Quote from: SargentToughie on October 28, 2012, 02:16:21 PM
Broken image on Yuge, but Adelise looks good.

http://s12.postimage.org/8m58v5t8r/MCYuge.png Does that work?

SargentToughie

Ons and offs

Latooni Subota

I actually would prefer to be a Mighty Grunt pilot. I'm not the type to play strong people carrying around big awesome guns, but a cute girl in a suit of powered armor? That's RIGHT up my alley! lol

ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Revenent

Am I the only one around here who knows to just right click and open a broken image in another tab to view it? :P

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 28, 2012, 02:30:53 PM
I actually would prefer to be a Mighty Grunt pilot. I'm not the type to play strong people carrying around big awesome guns, but a cute girl in a suit of powered armor? That's RIGHT up my alley! lol

In that case, I will not accept you not having a Proud Clod Limit Break. ;D

Inari

Ah ok! Was going to say. XD

And Adelise does look good and her ink looks interesting. (Not really my taste, but I can see the appeal in the design.)

Yuge looks likes something out of CSI. XD

Oh and I just realised. Relena doesn't have a rank and I have no clue what it would be! >.<

@Revenent - Probably. =/

Florence

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 28, 2012, 02:30:53 PM

Haha, sounds good!

Quote from: Starcry on October 28, 2012, 02:33:05 PM
Ah ok! Was going to say. XD

And Adelise does look good and her ink looks interesting. (Not really my taste, but I can see the appeal in the design.)

Yuge looks likes something out of CSI. XD

Oh and I just realised. Relena doesn't have a rank and I have no clue what it would be! >.<

@Revenent - Probably. =/

Hmmm... Corporal or Sergeant? It depends on how long she's been with Shinra really.

Rachubka

Name:Frances 'Ces' Briggs

Position: Medic

Weapon: The typical Shrina MP loadout, except the baton is replaced with her own preferred full metal staff, which she will use as her main weapon when given the chance. The staff is encased in a leather pouch that is attached to her belt, along the small of her back. As it is collapsible, it does stay there until she needs it.

Materia:

Appearance: When Ces is on duty, she will find any excuse to do away with the bulky, awful looking helmet. She swears that she had gotten some hand-me-down and it smells of rookie's sweat.

Off duty, Ces is often found to be dressed very casually. She's a big fan of using many thin layers of clothing like tank tops over spaghetti straps rather than a blouse or a sweater. Other than that, most of her wardrobe is occasion and weather permitting, if she can help it.

Backstory: Frances was born and raised in Kalm, a relatively small community compared to its neighbouring Midgar. Her parents owned and ran the local bakery, filling the young Ces's life with wonderful odors and fresh goods. As much as there was to enjoy about it, there was something that kept drawing the girl away from aspirations of the family business. It wasn't quite war, but it was a sense of justice.

Ces had known Yuge when he was in Kalm. Okay, maybe know is the wrong word, but she knew about him and his family's background as guards, soldiers and the like. She was 6 when the Recreant family moved to Midgar and that only made sense to the little girl. It was a bigger city so there must be bigger things to do, right!? For the next 10 years, Frances worked hard in her studies, played 'Knight' at the beach, and kept fit until she could join Shrinra's military program.

It was there that Ces had learned of her aptitude for medicine and Materia. She wasn't much for fabricating the healing salves and potions, but did well enough in its application that she had been slotted to become a medic. There were still the terrible, occasional guard duty shifts, but Ces continued to show her worth in the field of taking care of others in combat situations that she was eventually signed onto Delta Squad. Led by none other than Yuge Recreant.

Frances hardly remembers him as a sort of backwards role model to become a part of the Shrina military, but she does at least remember him as a kid of Kalm. Whether he remembers or not is hardly going to hurt her feelings.

Limit Breaks
1.1: Seaside Breeze - Inspired by memories of home, Frances can project the same happy, warm, fuzzy feelings that she gets from them onto herself and her allies. Grants them to the will to continue on and fight for the chance to experience it all again. 
1.2:

2.1:
2.2:

3.1:
3.2:

4.1:

Maaaaaan. Limit breaks are hard to think up. I'll get to them later. Ahaha.

SargentToughie

Yeah, I got stuck on my limit breaks for, like, half an hour. D:
Ons and offs

Inari

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 28, 2012, 02:39:04 PM
Hmmm... Corporal or Sergeant? It depends on how long she's been with Shinra really.
Hmm I did say since she left school... so 8 years. >.>

Florence

I like the character Rachubka, and... Starcry... I dunno, Sergeant, perhaps? maybe even Staff Sergeant if you want her to be a little more high ranked :o

Latooni Subota

Expect a sheet from me tomorrow. I probably won't finish before work starts in a little while. :x
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Florence

Quote from: Latooni Subota on October 28, 2012, 03:29:17 PM
Expect a sheet from me tomorrow. I probably won't finish before work starts in a little while. :x

I may or may not be able to read it then, as I've said already, Hurricane Sandy's going to hit here either tonight or tomorrow night and I don't know how long I'll be without power for.

AidenWhite

Wow. This got really popular. As for the trap concern for Joshua, Finn, did you want me to change that?
My Request Thread + info about me!
My O/O's ~ AidenWhite O/Os - UPDATED: 08/01/2024 (dd/mm/yyyy)
My availability for One on One's (Solos): Available! PM at your own risk.

Zaer Darkwail

You mean limit break which works like a trap? Well his concern was that limit breaks should be bursts of action or adreanline mostly. But our demolist expert has time ticking bombs....so not sure would needle trap be okay or not. Perhaps if you make it so that when you use limit break then enemy's next attack towards you triggers it (so it's hastily made trap).