Final Fantasy VII: Midgar Chronicles

Started by Florence, October 26, 2012, 08:47:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inari

I thought grenades would be fine for everyone, it's just the other stuff that I thought would probably require my characters assistance since she'd carry them and what not.

Florence

Alright, here's the way I see it.

Heavy: Carries the big guns and soaks up damage.
Demo: Handles bombs and other complicated explosives.
Marksman: Kills stuff from afar.
Melee: Focuses in dishing out close range damage.
Mage: Versatile and able to either dish out damage or support and heal.
Medic: Keeps the others alive, with both magic and medical/surgical knowledge.
Hacker: Uses tech to stealth around, hack into computers and security systems.
Command: Gives the orders and makes sure everyone knows what their job is.

In MMO terms.... well. MMOish Terms.

Heavy: Tank.
Demo: Traps.
Marksman: Ranged DPS.
Melee: Melee DPS.
Mage: Ranged DPS/Healer.
Medic: Healer.
Hacker: Rogue.
Command: Support.
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Inari

Sorry if it seems I am coming across as picky and trying to cause trouble. I'm not trying to, I was just a little confused how things work is all. x_X (Not usually a army person. Usually stick to magic powers and stuff.)

SargentToughie

Meanwhile, I sit in my corner, content and stealthy.
If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Inari

Because you probably know what you are doing! I feel like a total newbie. v.v

*Edit*

Well that is Relena done. I hope her profile is ok!

Revenent

I think, instead of grenades, you might just want to have her use satchel charges as a primary weapon. That way, she can dictate the exact moment to detonate the explosive and have greater control than she would a grenade, and can use more knowledge in what would be the most damaging way to blow things up.

You could also have her use them to take advantage of environmental hazards, like blowing something up to drop something heavy on the enemies.

SargentToughie

If you're reading my RPs from the outside and like my writing, feel free to drop me a line! I'm always looking for new, fun partners. :D
Ons and offs

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, I could imagine demolist man (or woman) to use actual C4 explosives in field of battle and use some other exotic explosives like sticky bombs or specialized explosives like one which causes EMP effects, flash bangs and acidic bursts or such. Overall handle super dangerous substances in casual manner. Grenades are easy and everyone can use them but demolist man needs think step further with them.

TheHangedOne

Edited my character sheet a bit. I provided some more details on "Killer", and changed it from bolt action to a revolving cylinder; however, it's all flavor details. Also, I added a theme, though I might try to find a new one.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Inari

Well in her other, instead of going into full on massive list of explosives I just did this:

QuoteOther - Relena carries a variety of different explosive, such as C-4 with her in her trusty, military issue backpack. Which she has dubbed her "Backpack of fun times."

I figured it would be vague enough to cover all bases. But I guess I should work on a list?

Florence

Quote from: Starcry on October 28, 2012, 03:15:52 AM
Well in her other, instead of going into full on massive list of explosives I just did this:

I figured it would be vague enough to cover all bases. But I guess I should work on a list?

I think its fine. She carries a bunch of explosives and such whatnot, I mean, it can be assumed she has all the typical stuff a demo expert would carry.

Quote from: TheHangedMan on October 27, 2012, 09:22:20 PM
Edited my character sheet a bit. I provided some more details on "Killer", and changed it from bolt action to a revolving cylinder; however, it's all flavor details. Also, I added a theme, though I might try to find a new one.

Looks good :o
O/O: I was going to make a barebones F-list as a rough summary, but then it logged me out and I lost my progress, so I made a VERY barebones F-list instead: Here.

Inari

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on October 28, 2012, 06:31:53 AM
Also added theme music for my char.
Been playing Assassin's Creed all day> Look at your characters theme> March of the Templars> mfw

Quote from: Finn MacKenna on October 28, 2012, 09:24:34 AM
I think its fine. She carries a bunch of explosives and such whatnot, I mean, it can be assumed she has all the typical stuff a demo expert would carry.

That's good then. ^^

Any problems with the profile or is it all ok?

Florence

Side-Characters
Here's some characters who won't be part of the squad, but may be regularly encountered by them.

Name: Adelise Chevalier

Position: Combat Medic in Training

Weapon:
Shock Knuckles:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Metal Knuckles (See pic): She primarily uses this outside of combat operations, as they allow her better functionality with her hands; and for training purposes, if she doesn't want to shock her sparring partner.

9mm Pistol (See pic): She uses this only in situations where its absolutely neccesary, as her aim is fairly terrible.

Materia: Cure, Esuna, Life

Appearance:
PFC Chevalier
Adelise's Ink
Backstory: Adelise comes from a rich family that's always lived in Midgar. She lived a life of spoiled decadence until her father cut her off. When that happened, she was forced to fend for herself. She wound up in the slums, under the care of a local doctor, where she picked up knowledge of medicine and basic surgery. She stayed there until she recieved word of her father's failing health. She returned to her old family home to see to him, and made amends with him in his final hours. After he passed, she decided to sign up with Shinra as a medic to try and continue helping people as best she could.

Limit Breaks
1.1: Espirit de Corps- Intent on not letting her allies go down without a fight, Adelise forces herself to stand tall. She channels her chi, before unleashing a healing wave to those around her, getting her allies back into the fight and protecting them with the effects of barrier and shell to keep them going.
1.2: Sang-Froid- Whatever happened isn't something she is going to let go lightly. She lunges forward with a powerful, smashing punch, shaking the area around impact. If she doesn't directly hit a target, she'll then follow up with a sweep kick around her that quickly spins up, as she twists her body upside down, into a small whirlwind, tossing her opponents into the air. If she lands on her opponent she will begin to savagely beat them until she's removed.

2.1:
2.2:

3.1:
3.2:

4.1:

Name: Cha Hyun (family name Cha)

Position: Samurai/Ninja

Weapon:
Chirijiraden

Throwing Knives

Materia: ????

Appearance:
Hyun
Backstory: Hyun's origins are a mystery, as is her true nature. She appeared one day in Wutai, became quickly involved in the country's criminal underworld. She appeared to be blind, but somehow it didn't lessen her combat prowess in the slightest. It wasn't long until the largest Yakuza in Wutai was under her control.  Her vicious and ambitious nature left her enemies little hope against her. Soon she had united much of the underworld beneath her. It didn't take long for her to decide Wutai wasn't enough. She set her eyes on Midgar, and when war broke out with her home, she decided to do her patriotic duty, and raise some hell on enemy soil. Following the outbreak of War with Wutai, there was a sudden rise of Yakuza activity in the Midgar region. Her reputation tends to proceed her, having quickly becoming a legend amongst the crime bosses of the world.

Limit Breaks
1.1: ????
1.2: ????
2.1:
2.2:

3.1:
3.2:

4.1:

Florence

Also, I liked your character :o

Oh, and just to clarify about the side characters I'm gonna use. Feel free to treat them as full characters xD the only reason I'm separating them is that these are characters that aren't going to be always with the team, they'll be more like glorified NPCs xD

Adelise is going to show up early on, to be cute and french and young. xD She'll most likely make recurring appearances, like the other characters I post up there.

EDIT: Added a pic of her tat :o

Inari

Thanks! Also just to let your know; none of your picture links work. :(

Florence

Quote from: Starcry on October 28, 2012, 11:52:15 AM
Thanks! Also just to let your know; none of your picture links work. :(

For any of the ones I uploaded? D:

Edited the links for Adelise's pics. Do they work now? And are Yuge's pics broken?

Florence

also, I switched the weapon from a link to an image.

TheHangedOne

A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Florence

I hope everyone can see them D: I'm proud of how pretty I got Adelise xD I'm looking forward to her appearances in the story.

She's a cute, french dancer/medic with a habit of getting crushes on badass soldier girls xD (or guys on occasion)

I should put in her sheet that her reason for joining Shinra was both to help do good for the world, AND... to be around dreamy soldier ladies xD

Inari

Don't know why I can't. They come up as broken links. :(

Florence

Zaer Darkwail

I see them fine in charsheet and on link above me. Anyways nice side cast char :).

Latooni Subota

Gosh darnit. I get busy for one weekend, and that ends up being the weekend you open the thread up, Finn! Did everyone snap up all the spots yet? D:
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.