Fast and Furious - Seattle: We're fully loaded again. Check back later!

Started by Veluux, September 21, 2012, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veluux

Some people are born artists, speed junkies, criminals, or car fanatics; but there are a select few that are born all of these things and more. In Downtown Seattle's night-scene these people are on the prowl, living life as large as they can - while occasionally trying to stay under the radar. Seattle has a thriving night life, and cars play no small part in that. They are more than just a means of transportation, they are a statement - from how it looks to how fast it flies.

The resident Chinese Triad have a strong foothold in the major port-city and have a lot of criminal businesses operating withing it's confines. One of these business is the buying and selling of stolen cars. The Chinese have many freelance criminals that they hire to acquire these vehicles - but for the most exotic and difficult to obtain rides, they always call on one specific crew. Lately however, the pressure the Chinese have been putting on these stellar thieves has been less than fair and they're getting tired of putting up with the bullying by the Chinese Mafia.

Tags/Warnings

Bondage: Human small groups
    Written depictions of criminal activity/possible drug use.

General Guidelines

Player collaboration is not just suggested, but is required, when working out each character's history. This is due primarily to the fact that all characters in and around the crew have known each other for most of their lives. The Antagonist characters may - and should - collaborate with each other when it comes to controlling all Mafia/Gang NPCs (depending on which route they want to go) as well as collaborating with the Crew leaders when it comes to major plot movements or Crew character injuries/captures/etc.

Cast of Characters

Main Crew
Co-Leader / The Skills:                         'Cori' Adams (Photo)
Co-Leader / The Muscle:                       Taras Markovski (Veluux)
Mechanic / The Brains:                         Allison Leclerc (Lithium)
Chemist / The Scientist:                        OPEN
Undercover Cop / The Newbie:               Ryan Mercer (Raziel)
Computer Expert / The Hacker:               Natalie Strachan (Rachubka)

Crew & Mafia In-between:
Black Market Liaison / The Informant:     Adriano Guillermo (AdrianZef)

Chinese Triad
Triad's Leader / The Dragon's Head:                                         Mr. Kwan (Wargtass)
Triad's Right-hand / The Dragon's Eye:                                     Tipene Rurik (NinjaWeazel)
Triad's Hitman / The Dragon's Talon:                                        Mayumi Takahashi (CurvyKitten)
Triad's Best Racer / The Dragon's Pride:                                    'Mei' Song (xSnorkleRainbow)

Thread Directory

Additional Info:

I will be GMing this game along with a co-GM in Lithium. We will handle all of the plot movements and questions pertaining to the game (CC us both on any and all questions you may have). We will also be the primary controllers of all Police NPCs, all other players wishing to control an NPC must get the okay from one of us before doing so. The Mafia members will also be the only ones who can control Mafia NPC's, period. For any major plot movements made by the Mafia, PM myself or Lithium, or just bring it up in the OOC Board.

The posting rate for this game will be twice a week - with a once per week bare minimum (more is always okay though!). Please keep in contact through the OOC or with one of the GMs if you foresee any possible delays in posting and we may be able to work with you.

New players who are interested in joining PLEASE PM Veluux BEFORE creating a character sheet. As this game has already started, we're looking for the right players to fit in the extra slots. It is NOT first come first serve! Thanks!

Character Template

CHARACTER NAME GOES HERE

Orientation: sexual orientation
Position in Club:  This will be assigned to you at player approval
Specialty: primary skills your character is known for (brawler, gearhead, techy, etc)
Physical Description: height, weight, hair, eye color go here, tattoos if any

Personality:
     Description of the character's personality, tendencies, flavor, attire, etc go here.

History:
     Detailed character history goes here.

Extra Info:
     Extra information goes here.

Car Photos

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Acid Lips

mmm I see most of the team it's already picked and you say you need more ladies so what spots are open?

Veluux

We're looking for a couple more mafia members to keep things interesting. The Crew and Mafia work together - though there has been quite a bit of friction lately as the Crew is getting tired of the increased demand and pressure from the Chinese without getting any better pay for their work.

The two remaining spots are the Mafia Driver and Mafia Hitman (or Hitwoman that is). The hitman is also a driver, and although their primary roles are enforcing triad requests and orders for car lists - they are also racers that compete in all the local organized events for money. They interact with the crew fairly often. The hitman in particular has an interesting role making hits on people who haven't come through on their end of a deal. One or all of the crew members might be getting put on that list soon.

Hope that helps.

Acid Lips

Wargtass

Alright, everything bookmarked this time!

关强军
Kwan Qiang Jun
Mr Kwan

Orientation: Secretly homosexual
Position/Title: 489, Dragon Head of Seattle
Specialty: Organized crime

Personality: Ruthless in his approach to business and crime, but quite a gentleman in all other ways. Doesn't lose his temper and always exuding an aura of power and control.

History: Kwan Qiang Jun had to work hard to get where he was today. A lifetime of serving the Bamboo Union, the largest of Taiwan's triads, has payed off in his control of the Gateway Triad, one of the most secretive and ruthless criminal organizations in Seattle. None can say that he didn't deserve it.

While still young he was initiated into the Bamboo Union for his weapon-smuggling from mainland China. He realized early that to become big and powerful in an organization like a triad one must be strong and merciless as well as quick and risktaking. Through the dangerous operation he ran from the mainland he became known as a reliable source for all things deadly, be it blades, poisons or firearms. Once he was captured and tortured by the communists, resulting in the loss of his left middle finger, but through wits and a talent for escape artistry he managed to kill his captors and escape back to Taiwan. Even so he kept the operation going until he later left the island for America.

He had only just turned 21 when he was promoted to be advisor to the Mountain Master of the whole Bamboo Union, the infamous Chen Chi-li, and from there he grew considerably in power. He helped form the ties to the Kuomintang Nationalist Party and forming the triad's political support of the party through illegal means and financial feeding. He accompanied Chen Chi-li to California in 1984 and assisted him in the preparations to murder Henry Liu who had angered the Kuomintang with anti-nationalist writings in the USA. When Chen returned to Taiwan Kwan remained in California to try and clean up the traces. As Chen were put on trial in Taiwan he decided to remain permanently however and quickly took control of the Bamboo Union based in California, just a handful of men and their associates.

Through ruthless tactics and an alliance with the Baja California Cartels, Kwan wrestled control from the other triads through a bloody and violent gang war throughout the 90's. While still affiliated with the Bamboo Union, they recognized Kwan's sovergnity and in the early 2000's he united the California triads under the Gateway, the secret head of the conglomerate. Following 9/11 he began smuggling weapons across the border to Mexico, answering an enormous demand that followed when most crime organizations wouldn't dare smuggle any weapons because of heightened security. In turn he recieved a steady flow of drugs to distribute in California.

His activities had drawn the ire of the mainland Chinese triads and a coalition of Italian and Ukrainian criminal elements finally succeeded in wrestling California out of Kwan's hands, not without a frivolous flow of Chinese weaponry. He was apprehended by the police on charges not his own, but constructed by his enemies. He only barely avoided being sent back to Taiwan for sentencing. Luckily huge amount of money buys great lawyers and the loyalty of any judge and jury. Seeing no point in pursuing further war in California he moved, taking up place in Seattle. Once more he was successful in taking full control of the city, down to its very roots. While he himself have nothing to do with the crimes in the city, his eyes see all and his words direct likewise. Through thugs, pawns and contacts with the Bamboo Union in Vancouver, he now controls an empire twice as strong as the one he had in California.

While cars and racing had always been an interest of his he never even considered doing it himself. So when the illegal street racing began in the late 00's he instead began sponsoring prominent racers and crews. While it is mostly a hobby of his, the cars and drugs that these crews goes through isn't and he would be damned if he let anyone screw around his playground all too much. As such many an arrogant crew have found themselves losing more than a race when they have crossed interests with Mr Kwan.

Physical Description: Quite tall for an asian with his 6'1", he still feels the need to wear shoes with enhanced soles. Not as much insecurity as he likes being taller than most. Always wear some sort of formal business suit when outside his compound, but in privacy he wears more traditional clothing. Missing his left middle finger.

Extra Info: Married with two children. While he doesn't desire his wife sexually, they are on good terms and keep up the facade. Highly proficient in a large number of different weapons. Strangely enough he has never had a drivers licence at all.
O/O

NinjaWeazel

badass Mafia lieutenant reporting!

Tipene 'Tip' Rurik

Orientation: Heterosexual
Position in Club: Mafia Lieutenant/Driver (possibly personal driver to Mr Kwan, who has no license)
Specialty: Street driving, auto mechanics, hand to hand combat (boxing, combat sambo)
Personality: Quiet and controlled, Tip sees much and says little.  Ruthless when the occasion calls for it, he understands that violence leads to attention and he would much rather solve a dispute through diplomacy.  It's usually simpler than making bodies disappear.  He takes his responsibilities to Mr Kwan very seriously.
History:
  The son of a disgraced Russian soldier and an American mechanic, Tipene grew up poor and hard.  Academically average but physically gifted, his only shot at higher education would have been a sports scholarship... But working for the Triad changed everything.  First as a messenger, then as muscle, eventually as a courier, Tip found that the relatively easy money and access to the finer things in life appealed more than any sort of continuing scholastic venture.  So after graduating high school, he devoted himself entirely to working his way up the ranks of the Gateway Triad.  Much to his surprise, the higher he went the more he realized that his lack of education was limiting his options.  So he returned to the world of acadamia and spent several years earning a general business degree and then a masters of Accountancy to better track the money in deals he was responsible for.  His meticulous eye for detail and willingness to accept blame if something went wrong on his watch along with his proven loyalty eventually landed him near the illustrious Mr Kwan himself, and Tip has been very careful to ensure he stays there.
Physical Description:  6'5, 280 lbs.  Typically in jeans and a loose, comfortable top if not working, dressed in custom-tailored suits if attending to business.
Tips personal car

Tips working ride

I imagine the 2012 Vette probably has had the body panels reinforced and the windows replaced with bulletproof glass if Tip is Mr Kwan's personal driver.

Wargtass

O/O

Veluux

Just so everyone knows, if we dont get any immediate bites for more mafia members, I think we will still officially relaunch Monday or Tuesday. Weve got plenty of players and enough to work with right now. I will get the details to you all on the starting race setting in the next couple of days. Oh, and we will be rolling dice for race winners pre-launch. I think its a fair way to decide the winner. After the winner is determined then it will be easy for all of us to RP in a way that creates that outcome. Does that work for everyone?

Raziel

Fine by me...guess I should scrape those Seattle P.D decals off the side of my car huh? :P

persephone325

I'm definitely interested. (I'm actually watching all the movies right now. lol) Still open for players?
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Veluux

Quote from: persephone325 on September 22, 2012, 04:42:27 PM
I'm definitely interested. (I'm actually watching all the movies right now. lol) Still open for players?

Yes. We still need a couple people in the Mafia - preferably a female or two. You interested?

persephone325

I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Photo

launching at the beginning of the week is a great idea, and rolling for race place finishes is perfect. I support everything.
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

persephone325

Quote from: Veluux on September 22, 2012, 04:49:41 PM
Yes. We still need a couple people in the Mafia - preferably a female or two. You interested?

I'd like to be the Triad's best racer if that's OK. :)

EDIT: How many characters are we allowed to play?
I don't know.

Veluux

Quote from: persephone325 on September 22, 2012, 05:20:17 PM
I'd like to be the Triad's best racer if that's OK. :)

EDIT: How many characters are we allowed to play?

Its all yours.

Just one I think. But you can have connected NPC characters that perform actions in your main character's post. This is a small game, hence only a handful of crew members and even less mafia (since theyll be using NPC baddies to throw at us for action from time to time).

persephone325

Quote from: Veluux on September 22, 2012, 07:04:20 PM
Its all yours.

Just one I think. But you can have connected NPC characters that perform actions in your main character's post. This is a small game, hence only a handful of crew members and even less mafia (since theyll be using NPC baddies to throw at us for action from time to time).

Alrighty. You need Triad characters, right? Just want to be sure. I know most group games like to have an even balance.
I don't know.

Wargtass

Quote from: persephone325 on September 22, 2012, 07:49:02 PM
Alrighty. You need Triad characters, right? Just want to be sure. I know most group games like to have an even balance.

From what I know we need another Triad apart from you, then we'll be set. A hitman/woman to be exact. Can't expect my priced driver to go around killing people now, can I?
O/O

persephone325

I don't know.

Veluux

Awesome. And Wargtass is correct. We're looking for a hitman now (preferably a female one, but male applicants will also be accepted).

CurvyKitten

I'm really interested and I have an idea forming in my head for a PC. Is there somewhere I can look at the others, possible work up an idea for a possible BG link.

persephone325

Misaki "Misa" Ogata

Orientation: Straight

Position/Title: Triad's Best Racer

Specialty: Racing, Skilled with a knife (for combat if needed), very charismatic, striking good looks

Personality: Misaki can be a little shy. But once she gets behind the wheel of a car, you better watch yourself. She has an attitude to match her looks. Once she gets to know someone, she's very friendly.

History: Misaki was born to a Japanese mother and a Chinese father. At a very young age, she displayed a keen interest in cars of all sorts. Both of her parents were very wealthy, but Misaki never had anything handed to her. She always had to work for what she wanted.

When Misa turned 16 and got her license, she became friends with someone who introduced her to the world of underground street racing. She demonstrated exceptional talent behind the wheel, winning race after race. Extremely few have been able to match her skills.

Not long after her debut in street racing, she was approached by Tipene Rurik and recruited into the Triads. However, she does not know that a heavy influence as to why she was recruited was because her father owes a debt to their leader, Mr. Kwan. Therefore, Misa's skills made her a highly valuable asset for Kwan.

Physical Description: Misaki is quite curvy and is blessed with a voluptuous chest area. She stands at 5' 3" but often wears heels. Her hair is a bit longer than what is shown in the picture. She often wears revealing clothing to emphasize her good looks, and has an extremely confident walk.

Extra Info: She often uses her good looks to her advantage. Not many men are able to resist her charm and she can easily manipulate them if she so chooses.
I don't know.

Veluux

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 23, 2012, 02:53:46 PM
I'm really interested and I have an idea forming in my head for a PC. Is there somewhere I can look at the others, possible work up an idea for a possible BG link.

Only the profiles that have been posted so far are up - the rest of them are currently getting revamped/tweaked from the previous version of the game. Hopefull Mr. Kwan's and Tip's  profiles should be enough to get you started. The only slot left is the Mafia hitman position - so if your character's BG interlinks with anyone's - it will probably be one of their's. The rest of ours should be up sometime soon. I'll be booting up the Character Profile thread for people to post into shortly.

CurvyKitten

Are you not allowing independent racers, smugglers...and so forth?

Veluux

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 23, 2012, 11:25:11 PM
Are you not allowing independent racers, smugglers...and so forth?

Hmmm... The game is built around the idea of the Mafia and the Crew going at each other, competing in races, as well as heavy friction between them during deals that keep getting more and more unfair. Independent characters might not get to see much interaction with the crew - except in races.

But go ahead and PM me your character idea and I'll take a look.

Lithium

I think that it would be preferable to keep it within the two groups that we've established, but it's your call, Vel.

Veluux

Character thread is up. All approved characters may be posted into it. Which means a PM from one of the GMs after you send us your profile.  (Returning characters with tweaked profiles are already approved, go ahead and post them up.) I think we may launch after we get the character sheet on our mafia racer.

persephone325

OK. Finally got my character done. Sorry for the delay.

If you need me to expand on the history, I can do so.
I don't know.

Veluux

Quote from: persephone325 on September 23, 2012, 10:22:24 PM
Misaki "Misa" Ogata

Orientation: Straight

Position/Title: Triad's Best Racer

Specialty: Racing, Skilled with a knife (for combat if needed), very charismatic, striking good looks

Personality: Misaki can be a little shy. But once she gets behind the wheel of a car, you better watch yourself. She has an attitude to match her looks. Once she gets to know someone, she's very friendly.

History: Misaki was born to a Japanese mother and a Chinese father. At a very young age, she displayed a keen interest in cars of all sorts. Both of her parents were very wealthy, but Misaki never had anything handed to her. She always had to work for what she wanted.

When Misa turned 16 and got her license, she became friends with someone who introduced her to the world of underground street racing. She demonstrated exceptional talent behind the wheel, winning race after race. Extremely few have been able to match her skills.

Physical Description: Misaki is quite curvy and is blessed with a voluptuous chest area. She stands at 5' 3" but often wears heels. Her hair is a bit longer than what is shown in the picture. She often wears revealing clothing to emphasize her good looks, and has an extremely confident walk.

Extra Info: She often uses her good looks to her advantage. Not many men are able to resist her charm and she can easily manipulate them if she so chooses.

Not bad Persephone. Just give us a little bit of history as to how you came into contact with the Mafia and how you ended up letting them sponsor you. Just want to have something that will tie you in specifically to the story or one of the characters.

persephone325

I don't know.

Wargtass

Don't hesitate to ask for help, the Triads can be very confusing.  :P
O/O

persephone325

I don't know.

Veluux

Quote from: persephone325 on September 25, 2012, 03:39:04 PM
Alright. Fixed again. :-) lol

Looks good. Go ahead and post it in the Character Profile Thread. The link for that is in the first post of this thread. ^.^ Feel free to take a look at the other characters and add a little if you'd like. Be sure to PM the character's player if you think it needs their approval (usually anything sexual, violent, or that would effect their next meeting requires that). And since I haven't gotten anything else from CurvyKitten I think I'll just leave the other slot as open and we can start without the hitman (who can easily make a grand entrance at any point in the future).

CurvyKitten

SORRY! Roommate Drama and stupid arguments pulled me away from E and killed my muse. If it is easier I can have an interesting concept for a hit-woman pulled together for you.

Veluux

Quote from: CurvyKitten on September 25, 2012, 07:39:20 PM
SORRY! Roommate Drama and stupid arguments pulled me away from E and killed my muse. If it is easier I can have an interesting concept for a hit-woman pulled together for you.

It's quite all right Curvy. Hopefully everything in RL ends up working out. We'd love to see a character concept for the hit(wo)man. Go ahead and post it up in here, and myself and the other GM will take a look at it and offer any suggestions before it goes into the official Character Profile thread. Your character would give us a full cast, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what you've got to offer!

CurvyKitten

Mayumi Takahashi
Orientation: Straight as far as everyone knows, but is secretly Bi
Position/Title:Triad's Hitman/Dragons Talon

Specialty: Expert marksmen, trained in several fighting styles, gymnast and free runner. Hidden talent for singing and classic piano

Personality: Cool, calm, collected, Yumi doesn't seem to be shaken by much anything. She also doesn't seem to show much emotion. Though that may be because of her job. After all how can a person take lives and still alright with what they did if they didn't cut of the emotions that came with it. She is strong will and determined and driven, Yumi pushed herself through her studies. She is cunning, intelligent, her mind like that of a chess player always thinking ten moves ahead. Though there is a side of her no one see's. The side that is soft and feminine, the musician and artist. The side she never lets show as it would make her seem weak. And as the Triad's hit man she could never seem weak. That weakness would only get her killed in the end. 

History:
Yumi was born into the family, though her father just before she was born tried to leave. His disgrace of turning away from the triad wasn't forgiven. They stripped him of everything he owned, disgraced his wife and shunned them. Forcing them to live as if they were barely surviving. They lived in a small one room apartment above their shop. Her mother and father opening a small Raman shop they did their best with what little life was willing to give them. What she didn't know was that the Traid still gave her father a hard time. His disgrace seemed to be more than simply leaving, though she never did get the whole story.

When she was six her home was attacked, men came in the night. They burned the small home and shop, but only after they came in striking down her father before her eyes. The scared girl hid as he mother tried to fight the men off. They took her; one by one they raped her body. At one point Yumi ran and stabbed one of the men in the back, it was in fact the first time she would kill. Smacked away her small body hit the wall behind her and she was knocked unconscious. The only thing that saved her was her mother. Somehow she got the energy to stand and pull her daughter from the fire. She walked, battered and bruised carrying the blood covered child to what was once their home. Collapsing at the door of her father, her only words were a plea to help them...a plea to safe her daughter.

Taken in but still disgraced her mother was taken somewhere. As far Yumi know she is still alive, though she is only a shadow of the woman she used to be. Yumi was forced to be strong; the family looked down at her. But she didn't care, even at such a small age she refused to be weak anymore. She ignored the insults from the other children. And threw herself into her studies, gain high marks in all her classes. But still the fact that she had already killed wasn't ignored. Yumi was taken in and trained to be more than simply a daughter of the Triad. She was raised to be their killer, taught that she had protection with them. If her family hadn't left they wouldn't be dead now. Their ideals and demands were ground into her. She would train till her body ached and her hands bled only to do it again the next day.

And now at 25 she has earned the name of Dragon's Talon. Her name no longer a disgrace to them she is no longer made fun off or thought of as weak. Today she lives in a large condo that overlooks the city. She doesn't want for anything being well paid for what she does.

Physical Description:
More Mayumi Takahashi

Height: 5' 6" (168 cm)
Measurements: 30-25-35B
127 lbs.
Well toned and sculpted frame from years of training, her long legs one of her best assets of so she things. Brown hair with caramel highlights dark eyes that can seem to look right through you. Smooth yet supple curves add that feminine hourglass shape.
Extra Info:

Her place, car and bike

her condo

Guest room and second bathroom.

The most of the place seeming to having a set theme she only changed the rest of the apartment once you reached her private bedroom and bathroom. Her own personal hideaway. It seems she let the decorator have the rest of the condo to do with as they pleased not really seeming to have her touch. No personal touches around, her bed room, music room and bathroom seemed a bit more personal.
Her bed room.

. Nothing in the middle of the room a large round rug, and the windows that over look the city. Her bathroom is just past through the door to the left of the room
the bathroom

Veluux

I like it curvykitten. Just double check it for any spelling errors then go ahead and post it in the approved characters thread. Ill update the roster when I get a chance.

Veluux

This game has begun to gain a lot of momentum again. It was designed with a couple extra slots that we lost players for and are seeking to fill again. The game is still young and there is plenty of fun yet to be had!

If you're interested in joining simply respond in this thread or PM myself with a writing sample and we'll get you into the player approval process. We're looking for just the right players to fit in these roles, so it's not first come first serve. Writing samples are always a great plus!

Thanks,
Veluux

tehcraz

Posting here to show interest. I'm at work so I can not give a writing sample at the moment.

Veluux

Quote from: tehcraz on January 29, 2013, 01:59:44 PM
Posting here to show interest. I'm at work so I can not give a writing sample at the moment.

Im also out and on my mobile or Id PM you some details. Someone has PMed me with interest on the triad opening, so ill probably get you details on the crew's chemist when I get home tonight. As of now spots are still open for applicants. Ill be reviewing a couple submissions this evening. Thanks for everyones interest thus far. Ill get you PMs ASAP.

Lightshock16

Veluux

Quote from: Lightshock16 on February 09, 2013, 10:53:25 PM
Still looking for anymore character's for this?

I was actually just about to change the title that the game has been filled again. Sorry Lightshock. I'll keep your name in mind and PM you if we get any more openings though. Thanks for your interest!