Avengers Assembled: (GAME CLOSED)

Started by Veluux, June 06, 2012, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veluux

AVENGERS ASSEMBLED!

PLOT CONCEPT:

After the conclusion of the most recent Avengers movie... Loki escapes from Thor before he can be tried and sentenced in Asgard. Upon finding out about Loki's escape, the world council demotes Nick Fury from commander of SHIELD and assigns him elsewhere. Then they promote Maria Hill (Nick Fury's second in command from the movie) to take his place - who doesn't get along well at all with Tony, nor does she like the reckless freedom of power the Avengers possess. So she is a mild antagonist, though on the same side of the Avengers - who are now an actual unit.

Loki retreats to a distant corner of space, having managed to escape with the Tesseract (the Cosmic Cube) and begins to build back his power. That is when he seeks out Amora and she joins his cause and pursuit of revenge on Thor and the Avengers for his embarrassing defeat. Loki, however had a larger plan that the Chitari invasion was just the beginning - testing the Earth's (and the Avengers) capabilities. Now he begins to enact part two of his master plan.

The main concept here is to stick relatively close to the actual movie and play a continuation of the story or 'sequel'. The only playable characters are those listed below - who were all in the Avengers movie (or were in the introductory movie of one of the particular Avengers). The Character portraits will be those of the actors from the movies. All other characters not listed are considered "minor" characters and may be controlled by anyone as an 'NPC' - obviously the antagonist will control hostile NPC's.

CHARACTER CAST:

THE AVENGERS:

REAL NAME         CODE NAME             PLAYED BY
    Steve Rogers       Captain America               OPEN
    Bruce Banner              Hulk                        OPEN
     Tony Stark              Iron Man                    Veluux
   Thor Odinson               Thor                       Mathim
    Clint Barton             Hawkeye                     Kirinis
Natasha Romanoff      Black Widow                 Lithium

SUPPORTING CAST:

NAME                                   TITLE                              PLAYED BY
Elizabeth "Betty" Ross         Director Communications            The Golden Touch
Virginia " Pepper" Potts          Stark Industries CEO                     Angelicant
      Jane Foster                 Stark Industries Consultant                ambrosial
       Maria Hill                         Director SHIELD                           Photo

ANTAGONISTS:

REAL NAME            KNOWN AS         PLAYED BY
  Loki Laufeyson         The Trickster         MadMartigan
Amora Incantare      The Enchantress           bubby

LOCATION THREADS:

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Kaiser Maverick

I'd like to RP Hawkeye if it is alright or nobody has claimed him.

Veluux

Quote from: Kaiser Maverick on June 09, 2012, 10:17:19 AM
I'd like to RP Hawkeye if it is alright or nobody has claimed him.

So far nobody has really claimed anything. There was some initial desire in the earlier interest thread, which I thought would be enough to start recruiting - but nobody as really jumped on board yet. One of my group plays I've had to take on some additional character, and I've got a new group play starting up - so this one might not start up for a few weeks. It all depends on how fast things fill up. So far I've gotten PMed about the Enchantress. I'll write you in for Hawkeye - if you don't mind waiting a bit for it to start up?

Mathim

I might be into playing Thor if this gets enough attention. Keep me posted.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Photo

If this takes off, I could see myself playing Director Maria Hill. I would like some freedom to play her though, I feel like the film didn't spend a lot of time on her character. Just adding my interest for now. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Veluux

Quote from: Photo on June 09, 2012, 03:07:46 PM
If this takes off, I could see myself playing Director Maria Hill. I would like some freedom to play her though, I feel like the film didn't spend a lot of time on her character. Just adding my interest for now. :)

Agreed. She would be much more active then she was in the film. She is going to be taking over for Fury in this version of the aftermath - so she will be a crucial roll.

Photo

Quote from: Veluux on June 09, 2012, 03:10:51 PM
Agreed. She would be much more active then she was in the film. She is going to be taking over for Fury in this version of the aftermath - so she will be a crucial roll.

well... dibs. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

JDrew Spider

Oh for crying out loud put me down for Black Widow. :)

This Rp has been tugging at me all week.....
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 09, 2012, 09:54:01 PM
Oh for crying out loud put me down for Black Widow. :)

This Rp has been tugging at me all week.....

You got it JDrew. Tony Stark's infatuation you are. I have a feeling your character is going to get mine in trouble with Pepper Potts often.

JDrew Spider

Oh I don't doubt that at all... ;)

Now excuse me while I go watch the Avengers ....
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Arkaniel

I would be able to play Loki if there aren't any takers for him. Additionally, I would love to play a character not mentioned if it is possible at all. Amazing Spiderman, based on the movie trailers of the upcoming movies? If this is not possible, no problem. Just thought it couldn't hurt to ask at least :)

Rachubka

Well, boo. The only ladies available are ones that get into trouble! Even then, my favourite one of them would be Ms. Potts, and I totes don't want to be attached to Vel in TWO RPs. It's too much!

Veluux

Quote from: Arkaniel on June 10, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
I would be able to play Loki if there aren't any takers for him. Additionally, I would love to play a character not mentioned if it is possible at all. Amazing Spiderman, based on the movie trailers of the upcoming movies? If this is not possible, no problem. Just thought it couldn't hurt to ask at least :)

Loki is open, and Ive read some of your writing already. He's yours if you want him.  :)

bubby

*Squees at the thought of playing with the awesomesauce Arkaniel!*

Arkaniel

Then count me in as Loki :)

Prepare for a devious trickster with more powers up his sleeve than in the movie! (Nothing unrealistic and nothing not potentially fitting the story of this roleplay. I am not going to invent any superpowers for him. Just have him use his smarts to avoid unfortunate run-ins with the Hulk, hehe.)

Well, Bubby, I assume Enchantress will be more than just Loki's sidekick!

Veluux

I've got another post I need to get up tonight. But this week I should have the Character database up and running with a quick summary of each character's history and their key personality traits and powers. There are also a few characters that have slight adjustments from the film/comics that I had to make for the plot and story to be fluid and logical. The Enchantress is one of those characters (which I will get with bubby on) as well as Loki, Betty Ross, and Jane Foster. The rest of them are typically what everyone saw in Thor, Iron Man 1&2, Captain America, and The Avengers.

Veluux

Quote from: Rachubka on June 10, 2012, 10:40:40 AM
Well, boo. The only ladies available are ones that get into trouble! Even then, my favourite one of them would be Ms. Potts, and I totes don't want to be attached to Vel in TWO RPs. It's too much!

Well you wouldn't be the first woman that can only handle so much of me.   ;D

Lol... I couldn't resist.

Mathim

Question: Since Loki's got the Tesseract and as far as we know, the Bifrost Bridge is still destroyed, is Jane's research responsible for allowing Thor to go back and forth from Asgard? I imagine that would be less dangerous and harmful than the unexplained method he used to get back to Earth in the movie.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Arkaniel

In the movie, Odin uses dark energy to send Thor to Earth. (Loki mentions it somewhere when insulting Thor). I think it is a one way street and he would need the tesseract or a similar power source to return to Asgard again. Supposedly, using this dark energy comes at a high cost to the user, so I am guessing Odin perhaps possesses a sort of prototype or a different version of the tesseract found hidden on Earth in Captain America.

Mathim

Right, but we're given no explanation of what that stuff is, where it comes from, how it works or how much exists or its side-effects, at least not in any detail. I never really read any of the comics so I think it warranted more of a backstory. At any rate, I'd just prefer a definitive answer about the post-movie dimension hopping method.

Veluux

Quote from: Mathim on June 11, 2012, 11:42:45 AM
Right, but we're given no explanation of what that stuff is, where it comes from, how it works or how much exists or its side-effects, at least not in any detail. I never really read any of the comics so I think it warranted more of a backstory. At any rate, I'd just prefer a definitive answer about the post-movie dimension hopping method.

Arkaniel nailed it on the head. Since they made it to Asgard before Loki escaped, Odin was able to send Thor back to Earth the same way he did in the movie - though he does so regretfully. He doesn't care much for Earth or especially for Thor's love of a human.

Rachubka

Arkaniel

They don't show the details in the movie, but basically, Dark energy is what is generated by sources like the Tesseract. And it is a dangerous kind of energy used by races like the Asgard. the Tesseract is not the only source of it, though it is likely one of the few out there that generates it so much and easily. From the nuances in the Avengers film, precious few can channel it safely and only when it is most urgent, like Odin sending Thor to Earth. He did it once for a major threat. Doing it a second time would not be out of order if there was a new and even greater danger...

Veluux

Updated the roster by adding Rachubka for Pepper Potts. I also haven't heard back any responses from Metamorphize for over a week so I reopened Bruce Banner to recruitment.

Arkaniel

If need be, I can play the hulk as a secondary character.

Veluux

Quote from: Arkaniel on June 12, 2012, 03:42:09 AM
If need be, I can play the hulk as a secondary character.

If nobody claims it before next week than that's something I wouldn't mind doing if, if it comes down to it. Ideally I would like a separate player for each character.

Keaton

Hello all! I'm down for taking on the role of Banner as I see it's available and sounds like you need someone for it. :)

Ons & Offs  Search Thread  Apologies & Absences   Current Stories: 1

Arkaniel

I just checked out your other Hulk roleplay. Interesting!

Keaton

Haha, thank you. I figure I already have sort of a feel for the character so it couldn't hurt to toss my hat into this story. I don't usually do group games or at least any I've tried on previous sites never worked out. But if everyone's reasonably active and they're successful I know it can be very fun!

Arkaniel

Same for me on the Group Games. I tried a couple but they always fizzle out. This one looks like it has a lot of potential, though.

Arkaniel

It looks like Loki will have to come up with plenty of minions and tricks to keep all the Avengers busy ;)

Keaton

Mathim

Why not also allow Sif to be part of the whole thing? She's one of the other few major females in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Then there would at least be a better male-to-female ratio.

bubby

Quote from: Arkaniel on June 12, 2012, 08:40:44 AM
It looks like Loki will have to come up with plenty of minions and tricks to keep all the Avengers busy ;)

He's got Enchantress!

Mathim

Considering he's got the Tesseract and its portal-opening properties, Loki should be able to call upon the surviving Frost Giants as his minions (since he killed his father, he's technically the next in line to rule them, right?), if he promises them a new realm to take over since he half-destroyed their home of Jotunheim.

Arkaniel

i already sent that suggestion to veluux amongst several others. bubby, wont enchantress be shackled up in my bedroom? :p.

bubby

Quote from: Arkaniel on June 12, 2012, 02:39:07 PM
i already sent that suggestion to veluux amongst several others. bubby, wont enchantress be shackled up in my bedroom? :p.

*Snickers*  ;D

Veluux

Updated the roster to add Ansem for Dr. Banner. Now we're just waiting on a couple people to take our final two lovely ladies. It's slightly deceptive to list them as "supporting cast" when they will actually play major roles. Loki will be attempting to pull the Avengers apart - because of how strong they are united - so the women will play a big part as secret antagonists, as well as working to keep their men in line with the goals of the team.

I will be getting to the character database probably Thursday or Friday at the latest, basically when I get back down to Denver and my home computer. I've got my laptop with me, but it's rather frustration to work with. With the tiny keyboard, miniature screen and all... it's just annoying. Haha. I try to stick to short, quick responses on this thing - and don't usually do too much posting with it. I almost prefer using my phone over this thing; but then it is five years old already...

Mathim

Really? I guess I'm just used to my laptop, I have no problems doing even major projects on here. To each his own, I guess. I have a pretty old one too, actually, an iBook G4 from at least 5-6 years ago if not more.

By the way, if you guys liked the movie, you should totally watch this:
How The Avengers Should Have Ended

bubby

Quote from: Mathim on June 12, 2012, 04:27:30 PM
Really? I guess I'm just used to my laptop, I have no problems doing even major projects on here. To each his own, I guess. I have a pretty old one too, actually, an iBook G4 from at least 5-6 years ago if not more.

By the way, if you guys liked the movie, you should totally watch this:
How The Avengers Should Have Ended

*Worships her cheap laptop*

And BWAHA on the video! " I'm not jealous...I'm Batman.."

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Mathim

I thought you guys would like that. It's part of a series those guys do for how all the big movies should have ended. Iron Man and Thor have pretty good ones, Captain America's is okay. I hope everyone has time to watch it, it'll make things lighten up.

Keaton

Mathim

I can't believe there isn't one for Men In Black, though. Especially considering they finally made a third one. Hopefully they'll make one just for the Hulk sooner or later; after his awesomeness in the Avengers, he deserves to be the object of ridicule in his own hilarious video.

Arkaniel

I am pretty sure I saw one for Men in Black years ago already. Browse down. I think it is one of the first ones they ever made.

Arkaniel

Sorry for the double post. There isn't a pure MIB HISHE, but it is absolutely hilarious!

http://bcove.me/gdfjznkf

JDrew Spider

Haha! Mars Attack was hilarious.

We come in peace...yea....right.

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Quote from: Arkaniel on June 13, 2012, 12:07:57 PM
Sorry for the double post. There isn't a pure MIB HISHE, but it is absolutely hilarious!

http://bcove.me/gdfjznkf

*Chokes on her coffee and falls over laughing!*

Mathim

I forgot about that one! I usually don't like the montage ones quite as much, though. You guys should check out the HISHE of the Hunger Games, it pretty much sums it up for people like me who just got the gist of it and never read the books/watched the movie. The Twilight one is also hilarious! Guest starring Blade at the end.

Veluux

Sorry it's taking me so long to get the Character Database up. Still getting used to the new job schedule, and also waiting on my second child to finally decide it's ready to come out. Haha. I will be posting it ASAP.

Also, for any prospective players that might be hesitant to claim one of the last two spots - ALL of our female supporting cast will be crucial, active roles that play a part both in the action scenes as well as some of the main characters that guide and determine the plot. Don't feel like you won't get to be a part of all the fun. I'm designing their characters (though you can't see it yet) to be integral and active participants in the plot and at the heart of the action as well.

JDrew Spider

Take your time Vel, no rush necessary.

Well maybe you can rush a little bit........

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Mathim

bubby

Quote from: Mathim on June 16, 2012, 02:24:40 PM
Ditto. We should hang out.

Shya! Totally! *Snickers* So I'll see you in Oregon say in... 20?  XD

blakel

Hey guys! I realize that I haven't introduced myself to you yet. I'm going to be playing as Steve Rogers, A.K.A. Captain America. I'm glad to see all of the enthusiasm for this role play. I had actually been cheering them on during the movie. Just out of curiosity though, if we don't find people to play Jane Foster or Betty Ross soon, what are we doing to fill those roles?

Veluux

Quote from: blakel on June 18, 2012, 09:18:37 AM
Hey guys! I realize that I haven't introduced myself to you yet. I'm going to be playing as Steve Rogers, A.K.A. Captain America. I'm glad to see all of the enthusiasm for this role play. I had actually been cheering them on during the movie. Just out of curiosity though, if we don't find people to play Jane Foster or Betty Ross soon, what are we doing to fill those roles?

I haven't really decided yet, but I am open to ideas if anyone has something they think might work. I just got home from the hospital today, watching my older daughter. Newest baby just came at 5:20am this morning - and we didn't really get much sleep last night. I might be totally absent this week, but I should be able to catch up on things this weekend. That character database is high on my list of priorities and I will be working on that this Friday and Saturday for sure.

Arkaniel

awesome! congratulations, veluux! well wishes for mom and baby, too!

blakel

Quote from: Veluux on June 18, 2012, 10:18:55 AM
I might be totally absent this week, but I should be able to catch up on things this weekend. That character database is high on my list of priorities and I will be working on that this Friday and Saturday for sure.

Don't worry about it, take your time. Congratulations, and best of wishes for the entire family.

Mathim

Has anyone tried inviting friends to join up? I know there are a couple of really big female comic fans around the forum that haven't poked their heads in here so I wondered why they hadn't at least said hello...

bubby

*Waits patiently in her corner, ready to cause havoc with Arkaniel at a moments notice!*

The one lady I know is already here.. *waves to JDrew* The other one I know is already involved in other games similar.

Mathim

I think there's someone called loislanekent around, but I tried PMing her about a one-on-one RP and hadn't gotten a response; still, someone could try seeing if she's up for a group thing. She seems very knowledgeable about both the DC and Marvel universes' characters.

JDrew Spider

@Vel Awesome news Congrats!

@bubby :)

As for Lois  she's really busy too.  Their might be a few others, but I don't think they'd be interested in those remaining roles.  Super hero chicks like playing super heroines/ heroes.

Spider Hole
Apologies

Mathim

Well, if Vel is willing, I can make some suggestions on tweaking the plot to include just supergirls. Maybe that'll get our rosters full.

DigitLninja

I actually sent Vel a PM about adding a supporting role character, he has yet to get back to me.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

Mathim

DigitLninja

War Machine.

It was mentioned in the comics and various animated series that the Col. took a position with Stark Industries as a personal body guard / security, with War Machine already suited up if something went wrong during a press conference War Machine could draw enemy fire while Tony took the time to get his suit on.
Quotes to Live by:
"The world ends with you. If you want to enjoy life, expand your world. You gotta push your horizons out as far as they'll go" Sanae Hanekoma,The World Ends With You. for Nintendo DS

"A post should be like a mini skirt. Long enough to cover the important parts, but short enough to keep interest." -Someone

oh's and oh's / Double A's Update 1/10 / Short Story:Memoirs of Renamon/ Hey [you], you should check out my 1 on 1's

NINJA VANISH! *disappears in a puff of smoke*

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Mathim

Those are both nice ideas. I also thought adding Sif would have been nice because she's hot and an actual super fighter.

Arkaniel

i do believe he posted that he wanted no other characters added and no comic book characters. it says so in the first post.

Mathim

Well if we substituted them in for the non-powered ladies, that might get people in the door, is what I'm saying. Just swapping, not exactly 'adding'.

bubby

*Peers out from behind Arkaniel*

I'm sure he'll let us know as soon as that new baby of his sleeps through the night....HAHAH!!...aahh...*hides again*

bubby

bubby

Veluux

If we dont get any bites for Betty or Jane by tonight I'll swap Jane for Sif and Ill pick up the role for Betty Ross (shes pretty crucial) Thor's player may choose to bring in Jane as an NPC to make things interesting between him and Sif. Ill make those changes tonight probably.

Mathim

That actually is kind of what I had in mind; I would bet the next Thor movie will explore that love triangle, if they don't include the Enchantress to complicate things even further.

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

The Golden Touch

-peers over Bubby's shoulder-

Woman, I hate that you always find the best group games.

I'm tempted to throw my hat in.

"Yesterday was the easy day."
Ideas (Open) /What Floats My Boat\ Absences

bubby

*Squeaks and smooches Golden's cheek*

You know me, I'm a Group hor!  ::) And hell, how could I pass up the Enchantress? Seductive AND evil? Hhhhhmmm...  ;) Throw that hat in...doooo eeeeet!

Mathim

I myself admit to a polite curiosity what role she's leaning towards, if any...

The Golden Touch

A very 'bubby' character to be sure. >:)

Consider my hat thrown then as Betty Ross, since bubby is here and I always love the group games she's in.

Keaton

JDrew Spider

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

Awesome! Was REALLY hoping to get someone for Betty. I think Jane is important too, but I could sub her out for Sif - if that might draw in one last player. But with the Enchantress already after Thor's attention I was trying to avoid adding her. Since Thor (based on the recent movies) is currently in love with Jane.

Veluux

Okay. Roster updated... just need one more. And now that things are calming down I will be sure to get the character database up by Sunday night. I promise!

Since everyone has been so talkative in here, I figured I would boot up the OOC Thread.

Avengers Assembled - (OOC THREAD)

bubby

Mathim

One more person to go? Okay, now I don't care if someone picks Sif or Jane, just as long as it gets going.

ambrosial

All right, so...

I've been peeking into this thread for a bit now, and I've finally decided I might as well go ahead and voice my interest in playing Jane.

So, a PM is coming your way, Veluux.
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!

blakel

Quote from: ambrosial on June 23, 2012, 10:13:18 PM
All right, so...

I've been peeking into this thread for a bit now, and I've finally decided I might as well go ahead and voice my interest in playing Jane.

So, a PM is coming your way, Veluux.

YAY!

Veluux

Got the PM from Ambrosial. We are set now! I'll get the Character Sheets and threads up tomorrow and then we can get this thing rolling. I'll try to get everything ready so we can start this week. I'm excited.

If any of you have a specific picture from the movies that you'd like in the character database - just PM it to me. The characters pictures will be the actors from the current movies - with the picture I had in mind for the enchantress being Charlize Theron. Any objects to that bubby?

The Golden Touch

bubby

Quote from: Veluux on June 24, 2012, 03:40:36 AM
Got the PM from Ambrosial. We are set now! I'll get the Character Sheets and threads up tomorrow and then we can get this thing rolling. I'll try to get everything ready so we can start this week. I'm excited.

If any of you have a specific picture from the movies that you'd like in the character database - just PM it to me. The characters pictures will be the actors from the current movies - with the picture I had in mind for the enchantress being Charlize Theron. Any objects to that bubby?

You're so sweet to ask! *Licks* That's fine.

ambrosial

Quote from: Veluux on June 24, 2012, 03:40:36 AM

Color me excited too! :)
We'll make the honeysuckle jealous.

Ambrosial's Wine Tasting - Original and Fandom Plots (Updated May 2014)
Ons and Offs and Current RP - Updated Sept. 12, 2014
Avatars- For a visual sampler (Updated June 2, 2013!)
Absences - Semi-Absent Through 01/20/15. Please read!

Veluux

So upon discovering that there really isn't an easy way to do the character histories, I got about half of them done tonight. I have work in about 8 hours, so I will have to finish the rest over the next couple of days. Look for a mid-week start date.

Oh, and here is a link to the Character Database. I will be copying the recruitment thread over to a new topic that will serve as our main directory, but that will also be come time mid-week. Catch you all tomorrow, I am going to BED! x.X

Mathim

Sexcellent! My match made in Valhalla is complete!

Veluux

RL issues have taken our former Loki out of commission. The game is just starting up, and the Enchantress is holding up the fort on the villain front for the time being.

Plot concepts for this Loki:

Instead of trying to take apart the Avengers via the Hulk, Loki is focusing on Human beings greatest strength/weakness: Love. He's teaming up with the Enchantress to split the Avengers up through their various interwoven relationships with each other. He's also got his hand in the mix trying to help Maria Hill regain control of the Avengers and pull the plug on Tony Stark.

Anyone interested??

bubby

I WE NEED A LOKI!

This game is filled with many wonderfully skilled writers, and we haven't even really started yet. Loki in this game is a HUGE deal, and I just know there's someone out there maniacal enough to take on this role!

Gekido

bubby

Yes we do Gekido! Be sure and read through the first page so you'll know how we're playing this game, then I'd PM Veluux (our fearless leader).

It might take him a bit to respond as he's recently had surgery, but he's the one to talk to!

Veluux

Quote from: Gekido on August 03, 2012, 12:51:18 PM
You still need a loki?

Sure do. Have you gotten a chance to read through the main directory and take a look at some of the posts that have been made so far. The role is open to anyone who is willing to take it, but its important that we find a Loki who will stick to the plot. It's not going to be another "hell-on-earth" confrontation. Loki is reverting back to what he does best, which is manipulating things. He's trying to rip the Avengers apart at the seams, and not through open out-right battle. Though you will be able to create skirmishes from time to time as distractions to your true machinations.

Gekido

Gekido

I would think about it better however I will have a answer to you tonight!

Madriv

If there's a Loki queue forming, I'll jump in the line.  ;)

I offer my current Loki interpretation from a 1v1 game as a writing sample.

Mathim

We have two prospects but keep 'em coming, guys! We want the best possible so more choices broadens our horizons.

Gekido

Mathim

Er...okay, we have one prospective candidate. Try your luck, other interested parties!

bubby

Veluux

Quote from: Madmartigan on August 04, 2012, 11:56:24 AM
If there's a Loki queue forming, I'll jump in the line.  ;)

I offer my current Loki interpretation from a 1v1 game as a writing sample.

SOLD! Welcome to the game Mad.   ^.^

Awesome sample by the way, looking forward to more.

Veluux

Our Hawkeye officially became a casualty to Real Life. We are currently seeking an interested party to take on his role. This game is full of a lot of talented writers, and has been a lot of fun so far. Go ahead and read through the Main Directory and take a peek at some of the posts so far. There is no requirement for post length, by the way - in case some look huge. We just love to write!

PM me or comment below if you are interested!

Mathim

The guy playing Hawkeye before only made one post, so you have a lot of freedom if you choose to play him since he hasn't had much opportunity for development. Don't be shy just because the RP has already started!

Madriv

*puts on leather and Loki helm*

"Come on, Barton, I know you're out there. Best grab your bow and leave the nest before I have another heart to heart with that little mewling quim you're so fond of..."

Veluux

biljardbal

Hey there I'd love to play hawkeye but I have a little porblem
since I haven't particulart played many detailed RP's I am still learning, and I don't know how detailed I need to be...
A&A's I'm back!    O&O's How to make Bil squirm and gasp.
Join me in Bil's Shapeshifting Palace.      My solo written story

Veluux

Quote from: biljardbal on September 04, 2012, 06:54:57 AM
Hey there I'd love to play hawkeye but I have a little porblem
since I haven't particulart played many detailed RP's I am still learning, and I don't know how detailed I need to be...

Sorry, Ive been vusy at work and havent had time to change this recruitment thread. I got PMed by an interested party three days ago and he just confirmed the role with me yesterday. Youll be the first to know if anything changes.

biljardbal

Ah ok
would be wierd though XD because of my new avatar... *sighs*
have a good day sir ;)
A&A's I'm back!    O&O's How to make Bil squirm and gasp.
Join me in Bil's Shapeshifting Palace.      My solo written story

Veluux

Now accepting applications for Captain America. Just send me a PM with interest and a link to a writing sample. We post at a minimum rate of about once a week - more is never frowned upon, but less than 4 posts per month is too slow. We are flexible though for anyone with weird schedules. As my own is quite odd and demanding.

Veluux

Veluux

Just updated this thread to match the Main Directory thread. Newcomers and interested parties please see page one if you haven't already.

Still looking for a Captain America.

Veluux

A couple of our players had to back out due to overwhelming RL issues. We're looking to fill the roles of Captain America and Black Widow. Its a really great cast of talented writers and an interesting plot, join us in the fun!

Lithium

Madriv

bubby

Veluux

Quote from: Lithium on September 22, 2012, 11:05:23 AM
I'll play the Widow if you'll have me. :)

Oh I will HAVE you! Lol. Definitely accepted. Love this group we have. We keep trading good writers for great ones. Welcome!

Angelicant

I was beaten to the punch by Lithium, however, I will be most interested in at the very least watching these stories develop. If you ever need a damsel in distress *winks* let me know.
❤ Want to know more about me, please check out my links above. ❤

Veluux

We do have a Pepper Potts spot that is open. I was going to just make her an NPC - because I know it's a hard role to fill. Our Pepper Potts was never able to get into the game - as she was dealing with some big RL issues. She's on one of my other group games, but just didn't have the time for two.

If you're interested in playing Tony's other half, the offer is on the table. ^.^

Angelicant

Replied to this in the PM you sent me, but as I said, I would love to.

Angel
❤ Want to know more about me, please check out my links above. ❤

Veluux

Yay! Almost a full cast again. Just need Captain America, though Photo is making a good bid for the permanent role with that first post! It will be tough to relinquish it to another with writing like that!

Veluux

I think we're all filled up, with a new Potts, Widow, and Captain is pending a writing sample from an interested party or permanently by Photo. If you're interested in any role just PM me incase we have any more that drop out - you'll be the first on my list.

Veluux

Unfortunately our Bruce Banner had to leave the game, so we are currently looking for a new green rage-machine to join the party. Any interested parties just post here or send me a PM with your interest/writing-sample for consideration. Pending confirmation from Photo I believe our Captain America position may or may not be available.

Hope to hear from a few potential candidates!

HULK SMASH!!!

ebpohmr

Quote from: Veluux on January 15, 2013, 01:42:26 PM
Unfortunately our Bruce Banner had to leave the game, so we are currently looking for a new green rage-machine to join the party. Any interested parties just post here or send me a PM with your interest/writing-sample for consideration. Pending confirmation from Photo I believe our Captain America position may or may not be available.

Hope to hear from a few potential candidates!

HULK SMASH!!!

Banner/Hulk is one of my favourite Marvel superheroes and I loved Ruffalo's version of the character, so I'd be interested in submitting a writing sample. Did you want anything in particular for it, or should I just free-style something?

Veluux

Quote from: ebpohmr on January 15, 2013, 01:53:27 PM
Banner/Hulk is one of my favourite Marvel superheroes and I loved Ruffalo's version of the character, so I'd be interested in submitting a writing sample. Did you want anything in particular for it, or should I just free-style something?

Go ahead and freestyle it. Although we are going to be continuing on as though everything that Bruce has already done, has actually happened. So you will be picking up where Ansem left off - though you are more than welcome to use Ruffalo's picture rather than Norton's. We left that open to Ansem when the game started and he chose Norton. You can choose whichever you'd like. And just PM me the writing sample (so as not to discourage other applicants if it's REALLY good.) ;)

Veluux

Just confirmed with Photo, Captain America IS indeed AVAILABLE! All applicants welcome!

Veluux

Nobody yet? We've got an excellent cast at the moment. Very talented and very fun. You're missing out!

Veluux

:( Come on. There's got to be SOMEBODY who wants to get in on an Avenger game. It's a sequel to the most recent movie!

Veluux

This game has been officially disbanded. Sorry.

If you're interested in joining a Superhero/Villain based game with the option of playing a Canon or Original Character (or both!) Then come check out: MARVEL - A NEW FATE