Avengers Assembled: (GAME CLOSED)

Started by Veluux, June 06, 2012, 11:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Veluux

AVENGERS ASSEMBLED!

PLOT CONCEPT:

After the conclusion of the most recent Avengers movie... Loki escapes from Thor before he can be tried and sentenced in Asgard. Upon finding out about Loki's escape, the world council demotes Nick Fury from commander of SHIELD and assigns him elsewhere. Then they promote Maria Hill (Nick Fury's second in command from the movie) to take his place - who doesn't get along well at all with Tony, nor does she like the reckless freedom of power the Avengers possess. So she is a mild antagonist, though on the same side of the Avengers - who are now an actual unit.

Loki retreats to a distant corner of space, having managed to escape with the Tesseract (the Cosmic Cube) and begins to build back his power. That is when he seeks out Amora and she joins his cause and pursuit of revenge on Thor and the Avengers for his embarrassing defeat. Loki, however had a larger plan that the Chitari invasion was just the beginning - testing the Earth's (and the Avengers) capabilities. Now he begins to enact part two of his master plan.

The main concept here is to stick relatively close to the actual movie and play a continuation of the story or 'sequel'. The only playable characters are those listed below - who were all in the Avengers movie (or were in the introductory movie of one of the particular Avengers). The Character portraits will be those of the actors from the movies. All other characters not listed are considered "minor" characters and may be controlled by anyone as an 'NPC' - obviously the antagonist will control hostile NPC's.

CHARACTER CAST:

THE AVENGERS:

REAL NAME         CODE NAME             PLAYED BY
    Steve Rogers       Captain America               OPEN
    Bruce Banner              Hulk                        OPEN
     Tony Stark              Iron Man                    Veluux
   Thor Odinson               Thor                       Mathim
    Clint Barton             Hawkeye                     Kirinis
Natasha Romanoff      Black Widow                 Lithium

SUPPORTING CAST:

NAME                                   TITLE                              PLAYED BY
Elizabeth "Betty" Ross         Director Communications            The Golden Touch
Virginia " Pepper" Potts          Stark Industries CEO                     Angelicant
      Jane Foster                 Stark Industries Consultant                ambrosial
       Maria Hill                         Director SHIELD                           Photo

ANTAGONISTS:

REAL NAME            KNOWN AS         PLAYED BY
  Loki Laufeyson         The Trickster         MadMartigan
Amora Incantare      The Enchantress           bubby

LOCATION THREADS:

I am watching you [you]...
From the darkest of shadows...

Kaiser Maverick

I'd like to RP Hawkeye if it is alright or nobody has claimed him.

Veluux

Quote from: Kaiser Maverick on June 09, 2012, 10:17:19 AM
I'd like to RP Hawkeye if it is alright or nobody has claimed him.

So far nobody has really claimed anything. There was some initial desire in the earlier interest thread, which I thought would be enough to start recruiting - but nobody as really jumped on board yet. One of my group plays I've had to take on some additional character, and I've got a new group play starting up - so this one might not start up for a few weeks. It all depends on how fast things fill up. So far I've gotten PMed about the Enchantress. I'll write you in for Hawkeye - if you don't mind waiting a bit for it to start up?

Mathim

I might be into playing Thor if this gets enough attention. Keep me posted.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Photo

If this takes off, I could see myself playing Director Maria Hill. I would like some freedom to play her though, I feel like the film didn't spend a lot of time on her character. Just adding my interest for now. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

Veluux

Quote from: Photo on June 09, 2012, 03:07:46 PM
If this takes off, I could see myself playing Director Maria Hill. I would like some freedom to play her though, I feel like the film didn't spend a lot of time on her character. Just adding my interest for now. :)

Agreed. She would be much more active then she was in the film. She is going to be taking over for Fury in this version of the aftermath - so she will be a crucial roll.

Photo

Quote from: Veluux on June 09, 2012, 03:10:51 PM
Agreed. She would be much more active then she was in the film. She is going to be taking over for Fury in this version of the aftermath - so she will be a crucial roll.

well... dibs. :)
Apologies and Absences

MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA MIA

JDrew Spider

Oh for crying out loud put me down for Black Widow. :)

This Rp has been tugging at me all week.....
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

Veluux

Quote from: JDrew Spider on June 09, 2012, 09:54:01 PM
Oh for crying out loud put me down for Black Widow. :)

This Rp has been tugging at me all week.....

You got it JDrew. Tony Stark's infatuation you are. I have a feeling your character is going to get mine in trouble with Pepper Potts often.

JDrew Spider

Oh I don't doubt that at all... ;)

Now excuse me while I go watch the Avengers ....
"Congratulations, you are no longer the most screwed over person on the planet". JD

Spider Hole
Apologies

bubby

Arkaniel

I would be able to play Loki if there aren't any takers for him. Additionally, I would love to play a character not mentioned if it is possible at all. Amazing Spiderman, based on the movie trailers of the upcoming movies? If this is not possible, no problem. Just thought it couldn't hurt to ask at least :)

Rachubka

Well, boo. The only ladies available are ones that get into trouble! Even then, my favourite one of them would be Ms. Potts, and I totes don't want to be attached to Vel in TWO RPs. It's too much!

Veluux

Quote from: Arkaniel on June 10, 2012, 09:37:33 AM
I would be able to play Loki if there aren't any takers for him. Additionally, I would love to play a character not mentioned if it is possible at all. Amazing Spiderman, based on the movie trailers of the upcoming movies? If this is not possible, no problem. Just thought it couldn't hurt to ask at least :)

Loki is open, and Ive read some of your writing already. He's yours if you want him.  :)

bubby

*Squees at the thought of playing with the awesomesauce Arkaniel!*

Arkaniel

Then count me in as Loki :)

Prepare for a devious trickster with more powers up his sleeve than in the movie! (Nothing unrealistic and nothing not potentially fitting the story of this roleplay. I am not going to invent any superpowers for him. Just have him use his smarts to avoid unfortunate run-ins with the Hulk, hehe.)

Well, Bubby, I assume Enchantress will be more than just Loki's sidekick!

Veluux

I've got another post I need to get up tonight. But this week I should have the Character database up and running with a quick summary of each character's history and their key personality traits and powers. There are also a few characters that have slight adjustments from the film/comics that I had to make for the plot and story to be fluid and logical. The Enchantress is one of those characters (which I will get with bubby on) as well as Loki, Betty Ross, and Jane Foster. The rest of them are typically what everyone saw in Thor, Iron Man 1&2, Captain America, and The Avengers.

Veluux

Quote from: Rachubka on June 10, 2012, 10:40:40 AM
Well, boo. The only ladies available are ones that get into trouble! Even then, my favourite one of them would be Ms. Potts, and I totes don't want to be attached to Vel in TWO RPs. It's too much!

Well you wouldn't be the first woman that can only handle so much of me.   ;D

Lol... I couldn't resist.

Mathim

Question: Since Loki's got the Tesseract and as far as we know, the Bifrost Bridge is still destroyed, is Jane's research responsible for allowing Thor to go back and forth from Asgard? I imagine that would be less dangerous and harmful than the unexplained method he used to get back to Earth in the movie.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Arkaniel

In the movie, Odin uses dark energy to send Thor to Earth. (Loki mentions it somewhere when insulting Thor). I think it is a one way street and he would need the tesseract or a similar power source to return to Asgard again. Supposedly, using this dark energy comes at a high cost to the user, so I am guessing Odin perhaps possesses a sort of prototype or a different version of the tesseract found hidden on Earth in Captain America.

Mathim

Right, but we're given no explanation of what that stuff is, where it comes from, how it works or how much exists or its side-effects, at least not in any detail. I never really read any of the comics so I think it warranted more of a backstory. At any rate, I'd just prefer a definitive answer about the post-movie dimension hopping method.

Veluux

Quote from: Mathim on June 11, 2012, 11:42:45 AM
Right, but we're given no explanation of what that stuff is, where it comes from, how it works or how much exists or its side-effects, at least not in any detail. I never really read any of the comics so I think it warranted more of a backstory. At any rate, I'd just prefer a definitive answer about the post-movie dimension hopping method.

Arkaniel nailed it on the head. Since they made it to Asgard before Loki escaped, Odin was able to send Thor back to Earth the same way he did in the movie - though he does so regretfully. He doesn't care much for Earth or especially for Thor's love of a human.

Rachubka

Arkaniel

They don't show the details in the movie, but basically, Dark energy is what is generated by sources like the Tesseract. And it is a dangerous kind of energy used by races like the Asgard. the Tesseract is not the only source of it, though it is likely one of the few out there that generates it so much and easily. From the nuances in the Avengers film, precious few can channel it safely and only when it is most urgent, like Odin sending Thor to Earth. He did it once for a major threat. Doing it a second time would not be out of order if there was a new and even greater danger...

Veluux

Updated the roster by adding Rachubka for Pepper Potts. I also haven't heard back any responses from Metamorphize for over a week so I reopened Bruce Banner to recruitment.