Deception II: The Deceptening - Game Thread - Final Round, ready to run!

Started by Galactic Druid, March 21, 2016, 01:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yugi006

The latest clue doesn't really help all that much.

Madame Professor

I'm starting think Hospital might like to the Means and not the evidence, which pretty much secures it as either Plague or Radiation. Were it Mad Dog, I feel like a definitely location would have been give and more to the point, Child would have been a much better clue. So focusing on Plague and Radiation (I'm discounting dirty water before I think personally suffocation would have been better for that one), Young Adult doesn't give us much there. What it does tell us is what it is not.

I think if it had been Surgical Mask or Sawdust, Senior would have made more sense where as Sand would have made more sense with Child. Minty had the Take-Out, which screams Young Adult, and one could even maybe argue for the Notebook. If we use the process of elimination... It really narrows it down.

What worries me is if Nighty feels this is his strongest clue. I think to help narrow things down, I'm going to go ahead and make a guess.

I'm going to guess Minty with Radiation and Take-Out.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Galactic Druid

Incorrect, I'm afraid. I know you know this already MP, but for the benefit of our new players, being wrong doesn't come with any kind of penalty other than being wrong. You may still participate in discussion and play the game, but you cannot make a second guess, unless someone opts to put their badge on the line to back it up.
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

Mintprincess

It isn't me Madame I promise. 

I don't know how that clue relates unless he was just trying to have us eliminate things.   But I'm not your killer this time. 

Madame Professor

That wasn't the point of my guess. Eliminating suspects can be a HUGE help in the game. Frankly, holding on to badges isn't always the past option. I felt testing those combination of items would help us but also Nighty, if he is worried about giving a clue that could be misleading.
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Mintprincess

I see your logic.  Definitely.  <3

I offered up my take out as matching so maybe it's best to be eliminated.   I'm worried though if that's the best clue we got this is going to be hard. 

NightOwl35

The in progress options are: Entertainment, relaxation, Assembly, trade, visit, dining.

In progress during the crime was: Relaxation.

Mintprincess

Player: Remiel
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Arsenic, Punch, Sulfiric Acid, Locked Room

Key Evidence Cards: Cup, Headphones, Necklace, Blood

Ok, I'm going to lean towards Locked Room and Headphones.  I wondering if Nighty used disease thinking Mental disease and patients kept in locked rooms.  Headphones definitely screams relaxtion and I pinned those on young adult.

I'm going to use my badge and make that an Official Guess

Clio

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 26, 2016, 01:18:44 PM
Player: Remiel
Guess Used:
Means of Murder Cards: Arsenic, Punch, Sulfiric Acid, Locked Room

Key Evidence Cards: Cup, Headphones, Necklace, Blood

Ok, I'm going to lean towards Locked Room and Headphones.  I wondering if Nighty used disease thinking Mental disease and patients kept in locked rooms.  Headphones definitely screams relaxtion and I pinned those on young adult.

I'm going to use my badge and make that an Official Guess

I think that's a super good guess.
Signature by the amazing Amaris.

Galactic Druid

A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

NightOwl35

The duration of crime options are: instant, brief, gradual, prolonged, for days, unclear

The duration of the crime was: Gradual

Remiel

Ugh, too much going on.  I'll post my analysis of the clues later on today.

mia h

Honestly I don't think anything after the second clue has helped me work anything out.
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

Mintprincess

Well. Depending on what gradual means...  Instant would be immediate. Brief - hours? A day? Gradual - a few days to a week? Prolonged - months?

Ok I lie because they have one that means for days.... But like some things like radiation poisoning could in theory take years?  So what is the difference between gradual, prolonged and for days?

Ok. So anyone want to gues plague and surgical mask ?

Or other ideas?

mia h

Quote from: Mintprincess on March 27, 2016, 04:32:41 PM
Ok. So anyone want to gues plague and surgical mask ?
Nope. Can't see how you link either of those to Relaxation.

Now Tea Leaves, well they can be very relaxing......

yugi006

Maybe Plague and Violin would be better?

Also Radiation and tea leaves could work too.

Mintprincess

Wouldn't violin be more entertainment ? That was my thought.

yugi006

It could but it could also be relaxing.

Plague and Surgical Mask isn't a good option anymore given the young adult and relaxation clues. Out of Sunshine's clues Plague is the only one that fits with Illness/Disease and can be found at a hospital at least with the vaccine.

Remiel

Okay, so--

After clues 1 and 2, I was thinking Sunshine's Plague and Surgical Mask, because both of those fit with Illness/Disease and Hospital, but that's too much to hope for that both the murder weapon and the evidence line up so perfectly.

Clues 3 and 4 really seem to point to Christa's Video Game Console (what is more Young Adult than video games?), which could, possibly, be paired up with either Hair or Bone?  I mean, it's kind of a stretch, but perhaps NightOwl was thinking some sort of Bone disease?

I really have no idea what to make of Clue 5.  Gradual implies something that takes a few minutes to an hour or so--perhaps another allusion to the video game console?  Or perhaps it's a reference to Mintprincess' Radiation, which happens gradually?

mia h

So if in doubt go back to the beginning:

From the Illness/Disease clue I think we can narrow it down to:
MP's Liquid Drug
Sunshine's Dirty Water or Plague
Christa Mad Dog or Video game console
Minty's Radiation

Then we have it being a Gradual death, now if we assume the clue is on a graded time scale of Instant -> For Days, then Gradual is in the hours range.
I think that crosses Plague, Dirty Water and Mad Dog off the list leaving
MP's Liquid Drug
Christa's Video game console
Minty's Radiation

That in turn gives a list of 12 evidence cards to play with.
MP : Oil Painting, Tool Box, Carton, Calander
Christa : Puppet, Toothpicks, Hair, Bone
Minty : Notebook, Mosquito Coil, Tea Leaves, Take-out

Now because of MP's guess and that Minty only has one method of murder open then we can cross Take-out off the list. So how do they fit in with the other 3 clues?

Hospital : Liquid Drug, Radiation, Hair, Bone, Puppet

Young Adult : Game Console, Notebook, Puppet

Relaxation : Notebook, Tea Leaves, Game Console, Oil Painting.

I'm probably missing something really obvious.

Mintprincess

I wouldn't cross off Remiel just yet. 

But of those, I think for liquid drug I would have said unknown for the time.  Because all drugs are different.  And I would have probably gone with poisoning on that.  That being said, painting can be relaxing.

I don't understand the video game console reference.  I would probably assume being hit over the head with it over an illness? Explain your thoughts ?

mia h

So you never read those warnings about taking regular breaks when playing video games then  :P
In addition to long term effects they have in rare cases induced grand mal seizures which can be fatal.

Mintprincess

I don't really play them lol.

I don't know if I would call seizures gradual and any other effects would be long term.   I don't know that Night would give us those clues although young adult and relaxing (if you equated that? Might have used entertainment) could fit. 

Madame Professor

Illness/Disease makes no sense for Video Game Console as s Means. Remember that Nighty wants us to discover the murderer. Trying to make a deeper connection there is a big stretch. Video Game Console I think fits Severe Injury much better.

I still feel Mint and Sunshine are our strongest suspects at the moment and I really don't understand how Remiel's cards fit in with everything. Arsenic is definitely poisoning. Sulfuric acid says Severe Injury and Locked Room screams Accident to me. Punch is just completely out of the question.

Plague and Radation are the only things that really say Illness/Disease without having to try and dig deep for some hidden meaning.

mia h

I suspect the killer has a HGV licence, just cause of the number of people being thrown under buses   ;D