Mutants and Masterminds 2e - Exotic System Small Groups

Started by PhantomPistoleer, May 01, 2012, 07:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhantomPistoleer

I am interested in running a Mutants and Masterminds 2E campaign.

My GMing convention will be to provide details of the present situation, and then provide commentary for what's happening in the backside of things.  I will then have some spoiler riders that will contain statistics for what's presently happening.  I trust that my players won't look at them!  For example:

Direction Prompt: ATTN Velvet Spider.  You are currently on the hunt for a murderer.  Please see text for scene.

Text:

The scene of the crime.  A police man that let you in before the investigators is known to you.  The victim: a woman, by the looks of it.  You're told that she met her untimely end when a man approached her, received something from her and then killed her.  The method?  Unknown.  You have a strong suspicion that this is a super-human crime.

Game Control:

Please attach the police man as a minor contact.  If you provide a background, please attach a small blurb in your character sheet in the spoiler field and a background of the character in the character sheet thread.  You will receive a point of experience for doing so.

You may ask questions freely here without providing any actions.  If the question requires a character action, please provide an adequate roll.  Remember, the GM always posts at midnight!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
You're not supposed to look in here, naughty!

The responding convention would be:

The Velvet Spider took in the situation.  She went over to the body.  She searched the body, while speaking to the police officer, Sgt. Hoag.

"Did anyone see anything?"

Game:

I am rolling a search check.  I got a 22.

Can I discern how this woman was killed?

Can you describe the physical shape and description of the woman?

What is she wearing?

Can I find a wallet during my search?

Do I find anything else of importance?

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Character Sheet

Three points regarding posting conventions.  One, please put dialogue in a different color.  Two, please separate all queries with two spaces in between.  Three, please always put your character sheet in a spoiler.  All players should know that only I am able to access spoilers.  It's bad form to look in on someone elses spoiler space in this game!

Creation

Characters work in Chicago, Illinois, in the United States of America, in the DC Universe.

Characters are heroes.

Characters are 150pp builds.

Players should observe relative statistics with one another.  If one player is a martial artist with an ATK bonus of +12, I would prefer that a character without a martial arts background not have a +12.  In general, a character with extensive military training has a +6 ATK.  What I need everyone to know is, you can have any type of hero, but that hero has to fit in stat-wise with the other heroes.

I like a certain character sheet convention.

Wakanda’s King; Black Panther PL 8 (175 PP)

Bases of Operations: Wakanda

Attributes:
STR 16/20 [+3/+5]; DEX 24 [+7]; CON 20 [+5]; INT 18 [+4]; WIS 18 [+4]; CHA 14 [+2];

Skills:
Acrobatics 13 [+20]; Climb 5 [+10]; Craft (Electronics) 7 [+11]; Diplomacy 13 [+15]; Disable Device 5 [+7]; Escape Artist 3 [+10]; Handle Animals 8 [+10]; Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 10 [+14]; Knowledge (Physical Sciences) 13 [+17]; Knowledge (Technology) 13 [+17]; Notice 11 [+15]; Sense Motives 8 [+12/+16*]; Stealth 13 [+20]; Survival 10 [+14];
*Dedication

Feats:
Panther Fighting Style ( Accurate Attack , Acrobatic Bluff , Attack Specialization (Unarmed) 1, Defensive Attack , Evasion 1, Improved Critical , Improved Trip , Move By Attack )

Animal Handling , Attack Focus (Melee) 3, Benefit (Diplomatic Immunity, Status (King Of Wakanda)), Challenge (Accelerated Stealth), Dedication , Dodge Focus 5, Endurance , Equipment 1, Leadership , Martial Strike , Master Plan, Ritualistic , Tough , Uncanny Dodge (Hearing),

Combat:
Bab: +5; +8 [Melee]; +10 [Claws/Unarmed];
Grabble: +10;
Damage: +6 [Unarmed];
BdB: +5 [+10 With Dodge Focus; +3 Flat-footed];
Initiative: +7 [+7 Dexterity];

Saves:
Toughness: +6; [6 Impervious versus Physical]; Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +11; Willpower: +8 [+12 Dedication];

Powers:
Herbs
Enhanced Strength 4
Alternate: Super Strength 2 ;
Super Movement 1 (Slow Fall)
Alternate: Leaping 1
>Linked< Speed 1 Extra: Linked to Leaping [+0];
Super Senses 5 (Danger Sense, Extend Hearing, Low Light vision, Scent, Tracking)

Panther Suit : Device 5 (Hard to lose)
Thrice-blessed armor , Impervious Toughness 6 Flaw: Limited to Physical [-1];
Vibranium Weave Immunity 10 (Impact Descriptor) Flaw: Limited Half Effect [-1];
Vibranium Claws Corrosion 6 Feats: Accurate,
>Linked< Super Movement 1 (Wall Crawling 1); Extra: Linked to Corrosion [+0];
Alternate: Vibranium Daggers Corrosion 5 Extra: Ranged [+1];.
Alternate: Kimoyo card Datalink 10 ; Feats: Subtle 2,
>Linked< Comprehend 1 (Machines) Extra: Linked to Datalink [+0];

Equipment:
Portable Computer / Cell Phone / GPS / Radio
Multi Tool

Attributes 50pp + 33pp [132 ranks] + Feats 29pp + Combat 20 pp + Saves 10pp + Powers 13 + 20 = 175 pp

Submissions:

I don't need a group of people to start.  In fact, I would rather have people just coming into the story in a more... conducive way.  This isn't a social club, dammit.  It's action from the get go.

I want 4-6 players.  The male/female ratio should be at least 60/40.  Players that need to depart need to have their heroes depart or they shall face execution (or a more noble death).  People are also free to return!  I would actually like to have a pool of 10 or 15 players, with people playing whenever they feel like it, with only four or five being active.

Don't be over-bearing about posting.  I only post once at midnight.  Chill!

Oh.  I also don't need a huge backstory.  A five sentence paragraph is enough.  Just let me know what you want to play and get my okay before you make a character.

I look forward to hearing your concepts!  Thanks for giving this a read, anyway.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

CirclMastr

Color me interested, though I need to brainstorm a bit on a concept.
Ons & offs - https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=8373.0
Statistics are like a bikini; what they reveal is significant, but what they conceal is even more important.

PhantomPistoleer

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Elias

interested very new to the system though.

PhantomPistoleer

Just think of it as a d20 system game where you build a logic engine!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Bloody Rose

if I knew how to play this I would be all over it, *Sigh* what a drag... have fun!

PhantomPistoleer

But it is so easy, Rose.  It's very, very basic.

If anyone needs help with character creation, please to let me know!
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Bloody Rose

I would love to join trust me, I have no idea what to do however I would need a lot of help.

PhantomPistoleer

That's not really an issue -- you'd just require a very, very simple character to play.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Bloody Rose

I am not new to system games (I am a GM of many different games including BESM, WoD, Pathfinder,Scion between others I just never heard of that game) I just need a book to read it through and TRY to understand it.

PhantomPistoleer

The game plays like D&D 3.5, except damage is a save and character creation is REALLY open.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Bloody Rose

yes yes I told you I wanna playyy! :P I love mutant stuff like Heroes and the Avengers movie was awesome, I just have no idea what to do since I don't have any info.

PhantomPistoleer

Yeah -- that does suck.  No such thing as an open source for the game.  :<
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Elias

Bloody Rose

Bloody Rose

I will try to do a female shape shifter if that is alright with you? or a sorceress 

Elias

eavatar

count with me as a female vigilant type... By the way, how are the whole situation on DC Universe right now?

PhantomPistoleer

Bloody:  those are very ambitious characters.  I would prefer a sorceress over a shape shifter, although I wouldn't mind it if your sorceress was capable of shape-changing.  You may proceed with your character, just make sure to read up on alternate powers.

Elias:  that sounds great!

Eavatar:  I want to answer your question,  but I am on my phone.  The universe is generally unimportant, since your characters are generally autonomous from canon.  You aren't prohibited from having a deep rooted history either.  You can say that your character was part of the Justice League, for example.  You can say that your hero is super famous or super wealthy or super connected, but your stats have to represent that.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Muse

Got room for another, Phant?  And about what pace do you want to run this at?

Rose, I can help you if you IM me. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

PhantomPistoleer

Muse, I will be posting once per day, usually at midnight.  That doesnt mean that you have to post once per day.  As for room, there is always plenty.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cold Heritage

I had an idea for a character who, by misfortune, ended up cursed by twenty-three demons after coming upon an ancient tome that was in a storage unit he inherited upon the death of a distant great uncle. The demons used his body as a vessel to act on Earth, but eventually the Phantom Stranger came along and exorcised the demons from my character and lifted their curse. The demonic curse and possession has had a permanent effect upon him: he has super-senses (like, all of them), protection, limited immunity to magic, maybe a perception range blast, and maybe a ton of morph to assume an alternate appearance to protect his secret identity.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

PhantomPistoleer

That sounds fun and interesting.  I really like the storage unit bit.

I don't mind the power set, either.  Does he still look like a demon?
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cold Heritage

No. I'm debating as to whether he would smell of brimstone when he uses certain powers, though.

Cold Heritage

Thomas Miller, The Witness. Character Image.

Character Sheet
The Unwilling Vessel; The Witness (PL 10 150PP)

Bases of Operations: Chicago

Attributes:
STR 10 [+0]; DEX 10 [+0]; CON 10 [+0]; INT 12 [+1]; WIS 18 [+4]; CHA 10 [+0];

Skills:
Diplomacy 2 [+2]; Disguise 0 [+15*]; Escape Artist 2 [+2]; Gather Information +2 (+2); Knowledge (Arcane Lore) 8 [+9]; Investigate 2 [+3]; Language: Enochian; Notice 15 [+19]; Profession (Lawyer) 4 [+7]; Search 2 [+2]; Sense Motives 8 [+12]; Stealth 2 [+2];
*from Morph

Feats:
Equipment 1

Combat:
Bab: +0 [Melee];
Grapple: +0;
Damage: +0 [Unarmed];
BdB: +0 [+10 with Dodge Focus; +0 Flat-Footed];
Initiative: +0 [+0 Dexterity];

Saves:
Toughness: +10; Fortitude: +7; Reflex: +7; Willpower: +15;

Powers:
Demonic Influence
Immunity 5 (Magic Descriptor) Flaw: Limited (halve effects' DC rank)
Super-Senses 21 (Demonic Awareness, Extended 2, Rapid 1, Penetrates Concealment, Counters Obscure 5, Counters Illusion, Counters Concealment, Accurate, Acute,)
Immunity 1 (Aging)

The Devil Looks After His Own
Protection 10
Enhanced Feat 10 (Dodge Focus 10)
Morph 3
Teleport 2

The Gaze of Judgement
Damage 10 Range Extra 2, Action Flaw, Limited Flaw (half effect on innocents), Full Power drawback

The Eyes . . . of a Stranger
Super-Senses 39 (Analytical Sight Group, Counters Illusion, Counters Concealment, Counters Obscure 5, Extended Sight 3, Penetrates Concealment, Radius Sight Group, Rapid Sight 3, Danger Sense, Microscopic Vision 4, Postcognition, Precognition, Ultra-Hearing, Ultravision, Uncanny Dodge Sight)

Equipment:
Cellphone, PDA
Headquarters: Concealed, Living Space, Security System

Attributes 10pp + Feats 1pp + Combat pp + Saves 25pp + Powers 102pp + Skill 12pp = 150 pp

Thomas Miller was a mild mannered public defender who often did pro bono work for the ACLU who lived a normal life on modest means until the death of his great-uncle Thaddeus Worthington Miller. Willed a storage unit by his great-uncle, Thomas went to investigate its contents, intending largely to donate whatever he might find to charity. Within were curios and trinkets of mainly no value, but there was a tome within which twenty-three demons had been bound by Thaddeus and Thomas's common ancestor, Pierre de Mille. Pierre de Mille was a holy crusader who had bound the demons into the book in the tenth century. Thomas became possessed by each of the demons, who employed his body as an Earthly vessel to commit heinous acts of villainy and lead many into damnation - or at least set them upon the road to perdition. It was not until the Phantom Stranger exorcised these demons, cast them into Hell, and harrowed Hell to liberate those condemned while Thomas was possessed that he was free of the demons. But there came a cost - Thomas's soul suffers in Hell, and will suffer a thousand years for every person he sent into the fiery pit. This was the sacrifice required that the Phantom Stranger might liberate those innocents. Touched by Hell and the power of the Stranger, Thomas himself will not age. He gained strange powers not native to mortal men, and hears the whispers of those demons that torment his soul in Hell, urging him to evil. But Thomas stands firmly upon the side of good, fighting evil wherever he sees it. He can only dare to hope that, perhaps, in time, he too will deserve to be saved.

Until then, Thomas uses the powers he has gained, standing as a candle in the darkness, in a quest for justice as . . . THE WITNESS!