The Razing of Eden [EX, monstergirls/boys/etc] Recruiting

Started by Karma, January 07, 2016, 11:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2016, 12:36:35 AM
I'll be dropping my interest, it's pretty clear this kind of game won't be for me.

Regrettable.  At risk of prying, might I ask what original piqued your interest you feel is lacking now?  I perfectly respect that sometimes things just don't work out, but iDon't want to go alienating the crowd.  My job here is just to help facilitate people having fun with an idea, and I'm not married to most any of what I've put forward so far.

wander

Not really a fan of playing a character very likely going to be taken prisoner and treated like an animal, basically... And I'm not really a fan of playing a human that will be dishing out some pretty extreme level guro punishment. I don't mind the D/s element at all, though I get a real sense this game is gonna be guro, which isn't me tbh.

ThisOneGal

I'm... kinda interested in this? It looks like it might end up skewing too extreme for me in the gore/vore department, but playing a monstergirl sounds fun. I'm toying with a spidergirl who's learned from the humans and is either going around trapping them or has been captured by them and is used to hunt/trap other monstergirls.

Jezabelle

Quote from: wander on January 16, 2016, 01:14:46 AM
Not really a fan of playing a character very likely going to be taken prisoner and treated like an animal, basically... And I'm not really a fan of playing a human that will be dishing out some pretty extreme level guro punishment. I don't mind the D/s element at all, though I get a real sense this game is gonna be guro, which isn't me tbh.
Quote from: wander on January 16, 2016, 01:14:46 AM

I don't do hard vore\guro, and I'd only do le soft vore at request.  Hopefully that won't interfere with anybody's desires, and I refer only to my own posting with that statement, not to restrict the posting of others.

Mostly y'all can chill out and be monstergirl\boys with a sort of existential threat out there, the prisoner-product-food arc would only be for those who wanted it.  Of course, there is an inherent disconnect when some players are in that situation, but look at how it'll start:

One camp of player-run huntsmen.  Even if you did get captured, escape\rescue is relatively feasible. 

Of course, Karma's word still goes on all of this, but I wasn't getting a vibe where the players are doomed so much as over the course of decades Halcon are doomed to subservience if the status quo stands.

Drake Valentine

I like my monstergirls with a side of eggs and dash of ginger.

Check please.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Please keep in mind that the game will be what you make it. The deep dark stuff is open as an option to those that want it but it is not required. If you want to play a character that never even sees a human, that's your choice.

Hob

Before everyone gets too freaked out, just a word regarding the whole eating thing...

One, vore implies some sort of sexual connotation. Sorry. Not happening. At least not among the humans. They would be eating because they need to and not because they get off on it. How the more carnivorous halmon regard humans (or each other)?  Well, that's up to those of you playing monsters. If an arachne finds some pleasure in seducing and then eating his/her prey, that's up to that character's player.

Two, while human society at large in this world does eat certain halmon, the hunters as I'm seeing them will probably be far more concentrated on capture than killing. What happens when (if) they get back to civilization is another matter, one for the GM. In the meantime, however, my humans will be focused primarily on capturing prey alive. Death can still happen if there's reason for it, but in general they'll get paid better for bringing in living (fresher) prey than weeks old dead meat. If a player wants their character to be eaten?  Well, we'll deal with that when it comes and probably behind a spoiler. Will there be references to humans eating things like holstaur jerky and butchering carcasses?  Yes, most likely. It is a horrible world. But I am not going to delve into great and graphic detail over it any more than I would in writing about myself eating beef jerky.

A side note regarding gore: These are professional hunters/trappers, not sadists. (Well, maybe one or two of them, you always get a few in every crowd). If character death does occur, it will a) be with the player's consent and b) be done efficiently. They wouldn't stand over the prey cackling maniacally as it lays there and suffers, plotting out pointless mutilations to commit just to get their jollies (unless that's what someone REALLY wants for their character and I've had more than a few stiff drinks beforehand); there's no profit in it. Some torture may occur, yes. Branding, the harvesting of antlers or horns, stuff like that... But it would be work related as far as the humans are concerned, not pointless or needlessly gory.

Three, as already pointed out, once captured or trapped, escape is possible especially if the halmon work together and/or work on swaying the few humans who might be sympathetic (I did mention that before, yes? That a couple of the hunters might be pliable? Even *gasp* leaving options open for forbidden romances!) It is also possible to kill the humans! Again, resistant to magic does not mean resistant to claws and teeth and spider webbing.

Four, your character does not have to have anything to do with the human hunters at all. Work with the GM! Talk to each other! Come up with other interactions! Maybe there's rumors of a secret elven haven or treasure trove that the halmon would love to find? Maybe they're heard tell of a place that's never seen humans? Maybe they suddenly find themselves with a human baby or young child and have to figure out what to do with him/her? Maybe there is a type of rare, dangerous monster that the characters could strike a deal with? Maybe some halmon are working on creating a new food source that humans can use instead of killing off the golden goose?  The possibilities are endless, really!

Five? And here is the really silly thing about me... Communication. Respect. Working together. As writers in a group RP, we would be partners. I would hope that during the story we would talk with one another, express our desires, and be willing to trust each other along the way to bring about those desires. Are we always going to agree? No, of course not! That would be insane to expect that! But as rational adults, we can compromise or back away gracefully from any given scenario, and those hopefully few events that can not be handled with decorum and kindness is where the GM would step in as arbiter. Here is where I'll also note that if something too disagreeable is written?  It CAN be edited! I known I am more than willing to change a post of mine if the change better serves the story.

The goal of this story is not to have a bunch of humans killing off and fucking halmon. Heck, that's happening already in this world, and if we wanted to focus on that we could set the story much earlier than several generations in. The goal, as I would see it, is to tell a tale that reaches beyond the characters themselves. Whether that tale is the extermination of the halmon and the subsequent fall of the humans as they deplete their resources, the rise of the halmon to fight back against their oppressors, the return of the elves to establish peace, or the human realization and acceptance of halmon sapience and free will?  That will be for us (and our new, beloved GM) to determine as we go along, together.

*blushes and gets down off of the soapbox*

wigglebiscuit

Justric,

I am very close to going with this RP. I want to like it, and I do. What is holding me back, honestly, isn't the violence, especially now that you and others have explained it. I like where you are going with this.

What I would like you guys to consider, and this is *just* a suggestion, is the inability to communicate. Maybe I have misunderstood, but consider making it possible for halmon and human to converse. This will facilitate roleplaying. Maybe overcoming that barrier is part of the game itself.

Besides, we humans don't need a language barrier to 'dehumanize' the halmon, we have a history of doing that to our own species. Perhaps we can say that the religious leaders of the humans decreed that halmon don't have souls, and leave it at that.

This would also allow us to more easily introduce human sympathizers, or situations were halmons extend mercy to humans or vice versa. Or, to appease both sides, you have 'domesticated' halmon that are lower in intelligence and incapable of speaking anything other than their own language (even other halmon dialects) but also have room for halmon 'ferals' who are quite capable of speaking the human tongues. (Like the humans from old-school Planet of the Apes.)

Just a thought. Please consider it.

I have been thinking about that since this morning, and I think you're right. Rather, the halmon will use their own language and humans generally don't care to learn it. Halmon, being uneducated, have a very hard time learning human as well unless they're domesticated. Still, not impossible.

AndyZ

The meows, chirps, etc. could very well be the language.  Perhaps an ancient Elven spell allows all halmon to communicate with a version of allspeak wherein any halmon can intuitively understand any other halmon's language.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

That's effectively the case. Elves shortcutted the process with magic so they never had to translate. Humans aren't in on that. That means they do need to translate... But most of them don't care! Not all of them though.

EdwardShane

Just because verbal communication is difficult does not mean that other forms of it aren't available.  Could always go the charades/pictionary route.  ::)

Hob

I think it's much like the aforementioned Planet of the Apes analogy. Humans are raised and taught to believe that halmon are animals. Domesticated halmon could well be slower or more socially awkward than wild ones simply because they were raised without any understanding of their own people. So humans might well be subconsciously ignoring nonverbal attempts at communication or misunderstanding it. ("Oh, look! It's copying me! I wonder what other tricks it can do?")

There are in all likelihood humans in power who know perfectly well that halmon are just as intelligent (and maybe even more so) as they are. But just as in Planet of the Apes, that knowledge would be suppressed. After all, we are talking about the basis for the human's economy here, their way of life! Such a ripple as knowing that halmon are not merely intelligent but also self-aware could easily cause chaos in the human's civilization. While humanity does have history of cannibalism and slavery, it also has a history of factions rising up to fight such things. There would be those who eventually band together to fight on behalf of liberating the halmon for a variety of different reasons once their true nature is discovered. It could lead to civil war.

(Grins) And wouldn't the halmon just have a grand old time with that!

EdwardShane

True.  Perhaps I should have phrased it a bit better, saying we could try to go that route instead of just using it.  But, provided a human could be found who would care to try and see it as an attempt at communication, and would attempt to reciprocate, it could potentially work quite well until someone or another could learn the language of the other species.

This also brings the question to mind as to whether halmon have a written language or not?  Won't really help when it comes to human communication, but could be useful in other ways.

Here is a quick character sheet example so you guys can get started. :)

Character Name: Moralka the Apostate
Role: Mercenary, bounty hunter, slaver
Species: Drakeling
Orientation: Indiscriminate, dominant
Height: 6'
Weight: 170

Abilities:
Hardskin: Though not truly scaled, drakeling skin is exceptionally tough. A typical sword attack won’t break the skin with only one strike, and glancing blows will slide right off.
Flame Projection: As inheritors of ancient dragon blood, drakelings can also breathe fire as well as project it from their hands and feet.

Background:
With war comes profiteering, and Moralka was no exception. When the humans invaded, most halmon fought or ran, but a few chose to collaborate for fun and profit. Moralka (and hundreds like her) live in the gray area between human and halmon. As natives, these halmon know the land and the people, but have chosen to take human money and other boons to betray their kind. Humans don’t typically treat these collaborators significantly better in their society than other halmon, but they are protected from slavery and abuse as long as they continue to show that they scorn their own every bit as much as the humans do.

As a collaborator, Moralka has captured thousands of halmon for the voracious human empires. Though she is not especially violent with them in her work, they have suffered greatly at the hands of those she has delivered them to. She thrives on the hunt.

Hob

Shiny, Karma! Love the pic!

With luck (and fingers crossed) I hope to get a start on something for the humans tonight.

Drake Valentine

Now in code

[float=left][IMG height=200 padding=5]*IMG URL*[/img][/float][b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Species:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]

[b]Abilities:[/b]

[b]Background:[/b]

Drake is image claiming

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

EdwardShane

So what are the general guidelines where abilities are concerned, just out of curiosity?  I don't wanna overpower/underpower the character I'm thinking of making.

Jezabelle

Quote from: EdwardShane on January 17, 2016, 02:20:22 PM
So what are the general guidelines where abilities are concerned, just out of curiosity?  I don't wanna overpower/underpower the character I'm thinking of making.

Some limited mastery of associated elements (magic-side) and things that are related to your race biologically I'd say.  Flame Projection, for example, does not a Fire Bender make, but does give some 'mastery.'  Mostly fluff to inform of your race\individual abilities, rather than what they are capable of vis-a-vis head to head fighting, which is the sort of thing worked out b\t players and GMs in free-forming.

JoanieSappho

Now to try and find a not-glasses-wearing harpy of the sort I like. Since I know exactly what I want, but glasses wouldn't really work in this setting.
Those juicy juicy birdthighs, on the other hand ...

ThisOneGal

I've been poking around for spidergirl reference images. Any preferences?

Option 1

+ Sinister
+ Well drawn
- Short legs
- Eh anatomy
- Human hands

http://myrmirada.deviantart.com/art/Monster-6-Spider-Girl-Arachne-337779884

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 2

+ Cool anatomy
+ Well drawn
- White background
- Clothed
- Is a Drider

http://medusa171.deviantart.com/art/Lydia-530143075

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Option 3

+ Nailed it
- Black and white sketch

http://nsio.deviantart.com/art/Luscia-the-Spider-Girl-479689931

Option 4

+ Different/exotic
- Sketch
- Eh anatomy

http://nora-cintra.deviantart.com/art/spider-girl-process-329024693

Option 5

+ Well drawn
+ Sinister
- Multiple characters
- Active pose

www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=7761188
http://monster-girl-luv.tumblr.com/post/23511108039/my-favorite-spider-girl-pic-3

Option 6

+ Cool
= Mantis alternate
- Clothed
- No manipulator hands

http://oniika.deviantart.com/art/03112015-519601196

Option 7

+ Cool
= Mantis alternate
- Not sinister

http://slugbox.deviantart.com/art/Nae-443466135