Fresh Marvel AU RP Interest Check! Seeking One More Female Character!

Started by Vergil Tanner, February 04, 2016, 05:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kuroneko

I should point out that this Carnage is Cletus Kasady but yeah, I don't get the rating for Flash either. But the image with him is reaaaaallly old and has none of the special forces info. It probably just hasn't been updated. The Marvel Universe Wiki is Marvel.com's official wiki but it often has out of date info.
Ons & Offs//Requests//Where is the Black Cat?
Current Posting Time - Once a Week or More

"One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art" ~ Oscar Wilde
"I dream of painting and then I paint my dream" ~ Vincent Van Gogh

Vergil Tanner

Yeah, but Cletus identifies Carnage - the symbiote itself - as female, so when referring to the symbiote, I always use "her," just like I always use "him" for Venom itself.

Possibly...I mean...using that "Power Chart," Venom has a 2 and Spiderman has a 4, which makes NO sense, considering that Venom has ALWAYS been physically stronger than Spiderman. >.< 80 Tons is a 2, Jesus Christ....
XD

Sorry. I'm attached to Venom, and that rating has annoyed me to the same level as when people tell me that Aquaman sucks because "his only power is talking to fish." XD
Vergil's Faceclaim Archive; For All Your Character Model Seeking Needs!

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Dubbed the "Oath of Drake,"
A noble philosophy; I adhere...for now.

Kuroneko

No worries, I totally get it.

I just checked the marvel Wikia, which is fan run, and while it has more up to date character info, it still has the same power grid and numbers. And clearly that power grid is verschtunken, as Sif is ranked a strength 5, but her bio says she can lift 30 tons O_o ... The numbers are pretty inconsistent all around.

This is why in the Marvel board I ran for ten years, which was between movieverse and comicverse in terms of powers, we started with the superpowered characters and worked our way backwards from what we knew they could do in the comics, lol. "Okay, we know Colossus can lift a submarine, so he's a strength 7..." etc.

Vergil Tanner

Wait, WHAT? Sif can lift 30-40 tons and is a 5, but Venom can lift 70 tons and is a 2? How the fuck do they work out these rankings again? Do they just throw darts at a number board? XD

And now I kinda want to do our own "After The Fall Abilities Chart" for reference. Would you be interested in heading that up? :P

Men in general judge more by the sense of sight than by that of touch, because everyone can see but few can test by feeling. Everyone sees what you seem to be, few know what you really are; and those few do not dare take a stand against the general opinion. Therefore it is unnecessary to have all the qualities I have enumerated, but it is very necessary to appear to have them. And I shall dare to say this also, that to have them and always observe them is injurious, and that to appear to have them is useful; to appear merciful, faithful, humane, religious, upright, and be so, but with a mind so framed that should you require not to be so, you may be able and know how to change to the opposite.

Life in Color

Kuroneko

I think the dart board is the only rational explanation, lol  XD

I certainly can if you want. I might even have my old chart around here somewhere, lol. But I might not have a chance to really get to it until the weekend because of work getting in the way of my happy fun times, lol. And then of course, there'd Deadpool >.>

Oh yeah, and ValiumTime's Day ;)

Vergil Tanner

Dartboard it is! :P

If anybody spoils ANYTHING about Deadpool before I have a chance to see it, I will forcefeed them their own intestines.

Valium Time Day sounds MUCH funner than Valentines Day. :P

Kuroneko

Vergil, Deadpool is neither Dead, nor a Pool :P

My husband and I have always called it ValiumTime's Day, lol. We're ... unique, lol.

Marvel execs: How strong should we make Toad?
Other Marvel Execs: Sounds like a 4.
Marvel Execs: What about Maggot?
Other Marvel Execs: Toss a dart at the board!
*THUNK*
Marvel Execs: Six it is!

Vergil Tanner

Well, shit. A massive twist given away, TYVM!

I'm not saying a word. :P

*snick*
"Do the next one blindfolded!"
XD

Writersblockade

The main reason I've grown to distrust power rankings is that the feats performed by characters depends on the writer and the story lol. When everyone has their own slightly changed take on a character, then also in a retcon or two, and you just get mass confusion
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Vergil Tanner

Comics are always a bit weird to get around. Hence the creation of our own Chart for personal universe use! :D But that requires a full roster, soooo....if you're still writing up your bio, get to it! :P :P

Kuroneko

WB is perzactly right ;)

Full roster = easier chart creation *sage nod*

Vergil Tanner

MasterOfMyFate

Question about Blade, how much of his history should I put into canon? Movie verse or Comic verse? Also, since he is going for the Stealth position, should he remain using the Ronin alias or remain as Blade? Or he could bounce between the two to suit needs. I ask because I want to retain the character, but his history has went to very different lengths since the last time I heard about him.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Vergil Tanner

Completely up to you and what you want to play. There's no real story requirements either way :P

MasterOfMyFate

Quote from: Vergil Tanner on February 09, 2016, 08:54:40 PM
Completely up to you and what you want to play. There's no real story requirements either way :P

Any chance I could put a reserve on the Sneak for the Wildcards and Blade? I'm going to be pulling an all night shift for my job tonight which will be starting in a bit and I won't be able to finish the sheet before then.
"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

Vergil Tanner

Kuroneko

ohmygod my codefu is so weak. I'm not going to say how many times it took me to edit in the link to Cal's theme song, lest I embarrass myself >.> ...

Deathnote

After some deliberation, I've decided to drop the Speed idea and go with Ben Reilly as the Scarlet Spider to fill the position of Team Sneak. Sorry, you don't mind, do you? It just occurred to me that he might be a good fit for this game.

Life in Color

Quote from: Deathnote on February 09, 2016, 11:24:15 PM
After some deliberation, I've decided to drop the Speed idea and go with Ben Reilly as the Scarlet Spider to fill the position of Team Sneak. Sorry, you don't mind, do you? It just occurred to me that he might be a good fit for this game.

On the New Avengers side? Or, the Wildcards?

:D

Life in Color

Vergil Tanner

LOL, I've been there, Neko! XD

And no problem, Deathnote!

And now applications for the New Avengers are temporarily closed - besides the people who have already staked a claim - until we get some more filled out bios for the Wildcards. :-)

Writersblockade

You have no idea how tempted I am to do War Machine for the Wildcards, but I don't think I have the time to run two characters!
Story Lottery Profile
Here’s my O/Os!

I don't know who this Muse person is, but if it explains away the voices in my head, then I'm all for it!

Vergil Tanner

At this point in time you wouldn't be allowed to, either ;) One character per person, at least for the time being :P