The Superiors [Interest Check]

Started by Foxy DeVille, May 06, 2011, 12:08:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foxy DeVille

It's the 1980's and thus far the world has been protected by a small number of independent super-heroes. This hasn't sat too well with the US government, who would prefer a group they can control. So allied with various members of the arms, pharmaceutical, and marketing industries, they create their own team of heroes... the Superiors.

So the idea behind this would be to present the lives of these would-be heroes. Now not all of them would be all that heroic. Some would be picked for their loyalty to the powers that be or their popularity with the public. And with so many masters, their deeds might not always be that good. If you've ever read The Boys, that's sort of the feel I'm looking at.

Anyone feel like selling their souls for spandex and super-powers?

AyeGill

Count me interested.

Maybe we can get some more detail about the world? What time is it, how has superpowers changed it, etc.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: AyeGill on May 06, 2011, 12:14:19 PM
Count me interested.

Maybe we can get some more detail about the world? What time is it, how has superpowers changed it, etc.

It's the mid 80's, when greed was good and Rambo defended us from the Evil Empire. Until the creation of the Superiors, there had only been a handful of generally benevolent super-heroes that have been looked on more as the stuff of legends. The Superiors are the first to have such extensive connections with the movers and shakers of the world. How they effect the world and use or abuse that power is part of the focus of the game.

AyeGill

Cool.

What power level are we going for? Are we talking captain america or superman?

RubySlippers

Or below those like a decent member of The Mystery Men I'd kind of like playing someone ,er, not exactly more than eye candy and to make The Superiors look good doing PR things.

Foxy DeVille

Any power level you want really. It's a more character driven story. So someone with an awesome level of power might have ramifications of that to deal with, kind of like like Hyperion in Supreme Power. Meanwhile someone less overt, like what Ruby was talking about, might wield a more subtle power thanks to their popularity or media savvy.

Cold Heritage

I'd be down if it were more like Supreme Power or The Ultimates than The Boys.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Cold Heritage on May 07, 2011, 12:09:36 AM
I'd be down if it were more like Supreme Power or The Ultimates than The Boys.

Well, it's up to the players to help create the atmosphere. The Boys comparison comes from the "heroes" have government and coporate masters to answer to, plus some might be quite unethical themselves. I wouldn't get too hung up on any existing comic analogy since I'm hoping it'll have a feel of its own.

Cold Heritage

Alright. I'm okay with government/corporate masters, but anything else from The Boys isn't something I'd enjoy playing around or in.

adifferenceinsize

Oh my god... oh my god... I already have the perfect idea for this...

Equal parts Gordon Gecko and Tony Stark. Oh my god...

This has to happen.

On a less hyperbolic note, I figure this guy could serve a couple of purposes in the story. Anyone familiar with the Ultimates saw the hats that Iron Man wore there as financier and researcher. This guy could fit that similarly, perhaps more a VC aggregator if we want a more grounded tone as in The Boys. Still, I can already imagine a quintessentially 80's commercial to advertise this guy like the 1984 spot.

On a side note, anyone here familiar with the Authority?

Cold Heritage

It's been a while, and I haven't really kept up with it, but I'm somewhat familiar with the Authority.

Blobbe

I'm provisionally interested in this idea, although I'd like to get some clearer guidelines of the tone and feel beofre I commit to it. Certainly I'd prefer something that feels more like Ultimates then anyhting else.

Foxy DeVille

Would the folks mentioning Ultimates care to expand what they mean by that sort of feel? I haven't really read much of it because I'm in general not a Millar fan. As for The Authority, I've read the various series. The quality kind of yo-yo'ed but overall I liked it. I really enjoyed the Ellis run on Stormwatch that led up to it.

Blobbe

I'll admit now that I really, really didn't like Authority, and the Ellis run on Stormwatch made me want to throw the book at the wall. (But I didn't, becuse I was borrowing a friend's books and he wouldn't have appreciated it). Though I suppose that might have just disqualified me.

Kaiten

Honestly I have no idea what those are... The only Comic I ever read to fruition was Watchmen. But I like the idea and wouldn't mind joining in.

Foxy DeVille

Watchmen is a pretty good point of reference as well, since it dealt with the ramifications of super-heroes on the public consciousness as well as the use/abuse of power.

RubySlippers

I always liked the old Aquaman so I'm thinking a similar character can talk to and communicate with sea life,  breath water, swim better than a olympic swimmer but not superfast and looks incredible in a form fitting wetsuit all dripping with water but no superstrength.

EXCELSIOR!!!!

Would have a mount an orca would be nice to get around faster.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: RubySlippers on May 07, 2011, 09:40:05 AM
I always liked the old Aquaman so I'm thinking a similar character can talk to and communicate with sea life,  breath water, swim better than a olympic swimmer but not superfast and looks incredible in a form fitting wetsuit all dripping with water but no superstrength.

EXCELSIOR!!!!

Would have a mount an orca would be nice to get around faster.

That would be sweet. I've always liked aquatic characters, even though they get treated as second rate a lot.

Kaiten

Orcas.... I love that image.

But the reason is usually because most aquatic characters need the ocean. Extremely effective once there, but not as much on land. Doesn't mean there aren't ways around it though.  :-)

RubySlippers

My character would be able to apparently operate and can live out of water, unlike Aquaman she would be more amphibious can also breath air and gets no superpowers from water just out of her element has some extra issues.

Likely she was recruited for being a wise-use sort of environmental figure, looks hot in stretchy wet-suits and might be good for marketing as a face of The Superiers.

I suggest each member have at least four corporate sponsors, two must fit the main motiff of the character that could be fun.

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: KaylaM on May 07, 2011, 08:31:05 AM
I'll admit now that I really, really didn't like Authority, and the Ellis run on Stormwatch made me want to throw the book at the wall. (But I didn't, becuse I was borrowing a friend's books and he wouldn't have appreciated it). Though I suppose that might have just disqualified me.

Nope gotta try harder than that...  ;D

Since there seems to be a pretty good amount of interest, I'll whip up a character sheet when I get home from work. I'll also start fleshing some stuff out more. If anyone has more questions... or even better, ideas... feel free to toss 'em out into the ring here.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Foxy Oni on May 07, 2011, 08:08:22 AM
Would the folks mentioning Ultimates care to expand what they mean by that sort of feel?

The feel is a lot like a Hollywood big-budget summer blockbuster. It's set in a world with few superhumans, and those who make up the Ultimates are generally competent - personality issues and deficiencies of various characters lead to their downfall more than being grossly, dangerously incompetent. For example, the Hulk rampages across New York City as a result of Dr. Banner's extremely poor self-esteem and self-image issues, and Thor only intervenes once the President of the U.S.A. agrees to increase the U.S.'s foreign aid budget. Captain America is a tactical genius who takes it upon himself to beat the candy out of Hank Pym after the latter's spousal abuse leaves the Wasp hospitalized (leaving the Ultimates with fewer posthumans to fight the Skrulls). Hank Pym himself is so screwed up that after he gets out of the hospital (after Cap put him there) that he agrees to wear a Captain America costume during sex with some other woman he hooks up with. When Wasp and Captain America hook up there's a lot of tension because Captain America has 1940s tastes and Wasp's a modern woman. Everyone doubts Thor is an actual god, because that's just the world everyone lives in, and their doubt of his mental health is sufficient to allow Loki to manipulate the Ultimates and the European Union's superhuman initiative into taking Thor down (leaving the Ultimates dangerously outnumbered when a coalition of foreign superhumans invade the U.S.).

It's a lot like taking the Avengers, putting a spin on them much like Supreme Power put on the Justice League, but with an eye more towards an action film slant.

It's very much the opposite of the sort of portrayal Ennis gives superhumans.

Blobbe

QuoteCaptain America is a tactical genius who takes it upon himself to beat the candy out of Hank Pym after the latter's spousal abuse leaves the Wasp hospitalized

And for this alone, Ultimate Cap is one of my heroes. Well, in truth, anyone who wails on Hank Pym probably would be....

Foxy DeVille

OK, a more extensive background of this world...

In the early part of the 20th century, people thought they had seen it all. Every corner had been discovered and even the sky had been tamed by humanity. Then in 1933, Professor Caliban cam to public attention. This enigmatic world traveler stunned even the most jaded with reports of his inhuman strength and seeming invulnerability. Four years later, an urban legend began being whispered amongst the underworld about a shadowy figure known as the Hooded Owl who preyed up criminals.  Both strange figures remained somewhat out of the public, either off in some hidden corner of the globe or in the darkest of alleyways. Then World War II broke out. At first it seemed that both Caliban and the Owl weren't involving themselves in the combat. But then the duo interrupted an occult ceremony being performed by Nazi mystics. Their goal had been to summon a Valkyrie and bind her to their control. But Prof Caliban and the Hooded Owl stopped this and the battle maiden called Valkyrja joined them in a paranormal strike team nicknamed the First Force.

For decades the First Force had many adventures and battle various menaces. Prof Caliban and Valkyrja seemed ageless. The Hooded Owl did as well but the original had secretly passed his mantle to a successor. They were willing to aid the US government until the 1960's. During that decade, the treatment of civil rights demonstrators and the bloodshed in Southeast Asia soured the First Force's relationship with Washington. Prof Caliban decided to concentrate on his private space exploration program. Valkyrja relocated to Europe. The Hooded Owl simply went back to the shadows. With such valuable assets lost to them, members of the American government decided to create their own wonders, ones completely under their command.  They contracted long-time arms manufacturer Aegis Industries and a cutting edge biotech firm called Next-Gen to develop such beings.

Project Prometheus, as the operation was dubbed, soon realized their goal would not be achieved overnight. It would takes years of research. In the meantime, the discoveries they made en route made Aegis Industries and Next-Gen global players in the world of economics. Things finally came to a head in the early 1980's. The reason was the return of the First Force to public attention. Prof Caliban successfully flew a spacecraft to Mars and back. The Hooded Owl (actually the third) prevented an assassination attempt on the president. Valkyrja led various reform efforts in Eastern Europe.  The US government felt they had reached another Sputnik moment. Luckily they were within a few years of finally achieving their goal. But they need more than super-powered beings, they needed heroes. So a fourth member was brought into the mix, the international marketing firm Image Nation. Image Nation helped select just who would make up this team as well as creating their look and their name... the Superiors. And in 1986, the world was finally ready to find out just who these Superiors are.

The Superiors work for the US government but in the capacity of civilians. It was decided that any sort of direct military or law enforcement connection might make the public uneasy. In addition, the source of the team's powers is classified. The cover story is that they all acquired their abilities independently and the government has been kind enough to help train and support them. Hoping to ease the burden on the taxpayer, three major corporations help fund the Superiors. It can be guessed what those three are. What the public doesn't know is that the Superiors return the favor in other ways besides photo-ops. All in all, the Superiors are a team with plenty of skeletons in the closet... and some people want to find out what those are.

And a character sheet.

Superiors Application

Code Name:
Description: (pics are nice, me likely visuals)

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: (not everyone has to have powers per se, training and nifty gadget supplied by Aegis works too)

Qualifications: (why the Superiors want you)

Motivations: (why you want to be a Superior and live your life the way you do)

Personality:

History:

Vices/Secrets: (you don't have to have any and the magnitude is up to you but it fits the theme of the game to have some personal demons)

You can post your Superior here or PM me. Likewise for any questions/suggestions.

Kaiten

Man, woman, or other; hooded owl seems like a very sexy name. Oh wait, it changed to horned?

Workin on a bio... ^^

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: Kaiten on May 08, 2011, 01:44:20 AM
Man, woman, or other; hooded owl seems like a very sexy name. Oh wait, it changed to horned?

Workin on a bio... ^^

What? That's crazy talk! I said Hooded Owl the whole time. These are not the droids you're looking for...  O:)

Foxy DeVille

Hmmm... interesting idea for a character. The thing is, Ruby, the Superiors are supposed to be creations of the US government, powers and all, and ultimately answer to them. I can see them perhaps adding someone "established" to perhaps legitimize them in the eyes of the public but we'd probably have to hash out how the relationship between Aquatica and the Superiors' various masters works.

RubySlippers

Rodoing Aquatica into the ravishing Aquatica Marine, after some genetetic enhancements from a certain government contactor. Well it beat being in prison at the time. ;)

RubySlippers

Superiors Application

Code Name: Aquatica Marine
Description:

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: Similar to Aquaman in most areas can breath water and air, swim at capabilities beyond any human (superior to any top athlete in the water), survive at pressures no human could even in a survival suit in the water, has echo location like a dolphin, has extraordinary strength for her body frame and structure (not superhuman), heals at ten times human capacity and is resistant to diseases/toxins, ages slower than a human (one year per ten normal years), can communicate with and command creatures in the oceans and water and is always wet scented like the ocean/water (has not trackable scent even her blood is neutral to animals). Her gadgets are an ultra-advanced submarine that can travel at over 300 knots an hour fully armed and armored and a protective wetsuit (can withstand shark bites, most edged weapons and standard bullets). Skills are pretty standard but she is trained in advanced self-defense, is fairly broadly skilled mostly on-the-job in blue color areas and terrorist operations/tactics, expert in operating personal and small ocean vehicles, knows advanced first aid and lifeguarding and was a supurb swimmer/diver even before her procedures and is a trained model.

Qualifications: Is a formidable aquatic force naturally and kind of has to do it or else - so they have her.

Motivations: To not go back to prison, simple enough. But wants to try and help the Earth to when she can.

Personality: Is a pro-Earth person yet just tempered her view after a a few years at a maximum security prison and the fact she's stuck working for the government (kind of) and big corporations (kind of) but will do what she can for the cause. Is openly a lesbian.

History: A former ELF (Eath Liberation Front) terrorist and catalog model for swimwear, lingerie and the like that was arrested on domestic terrorist charges, arson and the death of two Federal Agents (accomplice to the killer) and was sentenced to life in prison. She volunteered for a medical program to reduce her sentence and unlike many failed attempts the scientist working for one government contractor got it right splicing her with the genes of sea creatures and nanites to form an aquatic human hybrid. After that the choice for her was simple work for the good guys in The Specials or go back to prison for life she chose the more pleasant option and was issued a pardon on the condition she has some extra medical procedure done, no questions asked.

Vices/Secrets: Gets weaker when out of water for 48 hours (faster in arid or hot environments) assuming she stays hydrated normally. Has a tether they have inside her a nervous system kill switch that will shut her off (won't kill her just make her helpless) or can force to her come to a given location if they want to since she is harder to control physically - but must have a court order to use it. The coding and such is highly encrypted. Also is conditioned not to do terrorist actions or violate the law in a major way unless on a mission then is exempted.

AyeGill

Code Name: Psychia
Powers/Skills/Gadgets: Felicia possesses the ability to manipulate the minds of others. She can both manipulate their emotions, which is easy, or their very thoughts, which puts a higher amount of strain on her power. While the emotion control is a subtle thing, not easily sensed by the victim, when she forces her mind upon someone, the victim knows instantly. It is possible for people with extremely high amounts of willpower to resist both effects. She can affect multiple targets at once, but this weakens her control, making it easier for the victim to break free. In tests, her maximum capacity seems to be controlling roughly fifty average people, however when her brain is tasked to this height, she can barely move her own body. So far no test subjects have been able to resist her power when focused on a single target. Her power also weakens with range; the fifty people in the above test were all located within two hundred meters.

Qualifications: Felicia was selected for the superiors because of her rare positive reaction to the implants. In addition to this, her relatively unknown past made her ideal for the program, as erasing her past and falsifying a new one was easy. In addition, because of her borderline addiction to her powers, she is easily controlled.

Motivations: Felicia originally signed up for the program because, well who wouldn't want superpowers. After the treatment, however, she can't imagine leaving.

Personality: Felicia is a self-centered person. She has grown even more so since being accepted into the Superiors, to the point where it borders on narcissism. She is confident in general, flirtatious towards others. She is openly a bisexual. In addition to this, she has grown to become almost addicted to her powers, using them on others when she can get away with it, and when it won't be noticed.

History: Felicia was born in New York, lived a normal childhood in New York, and grew up to have a normal adult life. One day she was mugged, shot in the head, and left for dead. When she was found to be still alive, she was used as a test subject at Project Prometheus. She was given genetic treatment to alter her brain, empowering the electric impulses. In addition, the parts of her brain damaged by the bullet was replaced by cybernetics. This treatment had been tried on many before, but for some reason, it had never worked. The bodies in question always rejected the cybernetics. Until now. Felicia got a new name, the one she wears now, a new face, and a new background. She was Psychia

Vices/Secrets: None

Also, Ruby, you should slap some [img] tags around that picture

RubySlippers

Foxy DeVille

Oooo... I'm really liking what I'm seeing and I'm not just talking about the pics!

[/rimshot]

adifferenceinsize

So, given this, I think my original idea won't fit as a primary team member. Power suit man can probably work as a recently established superhero while his alter ego is helping to fund the Superiors project along with his Wall Street buddies. After talking with Foxy Oni, I think I'll go with a different route to start, and have that character as a secondary one to come in at some later point to be determined.

With that said, I submit:

Code Name: Dark Power - Marcus Powell
Description: Even before his involvement with the project, Marcus was already a towering figure of a man, well over 6 feet with a sturdy figure. The formula used on him increased that imposing height to just under 7 feet, and his figure became decidedly more powerful in appearance. His skin is most commonly described as dark chocolate in tone, and he keeps his head clean-shaven except for a thin goatee. He tends to wear in battle much the same clothes he wears on the street, namely specially woven fabric jackets, jeans, and shirts that can both fit his muscular frame and keep up with the fights he gets into. The clothes are generally made from a spider-silk and polymer weave in order to survive small arms fire (to which he is essentially immune) and other extreme forces put upon him. Along with the more obvious enhancements, one the Superior Project tries to keep under wraps in order to keep a family-friendly image is his burgeoning manhood. Even with the special restraining undergarments he wears, rumors persist of Dark Power's 'Power Rod'. Ironically, the porn world's attempts to emulate him would show to come up short if his secondary enhancement became public knowledge.

Nude Image (Up for other suggestions.)

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: The Power Jack treatment provides several primary benefits when it is capable of binding to a recipient properly. Dark Power follows very closely in the vein of the first successful case. His natural physique has been enhanced and given a further boost internally, giving him an ability to lift several tons of weight easily and a known cap of about 30 tons. His skin is extremely tough, able to ignore most small arms fire and melee threats, and his super-charged metabolism allows for regeneration from those things that bypass the initial resistance - the limits of this regeneration are unknown, but the slow regrowth of a lost pinkie finger shows he can restore at least some lost parts given time. Finally, the physical limitations of endurance seem to be all but entirely absent in Dark Power. He rarely sleeps, and he has been clocked at being able to run at a 25 MPH for over 16 hours straight suffering the equivalent exhaustion of a normal subject's completion of a set of jumping jacks.

History: Several genetic markers had been discovered in US government experiments with metagenic treatments after repeated failures to recreate the process that gave British WWII super-soldier Union Jack his unique powers. It was believed these markers in that man's DNA were the unique binding agents required to make the chemical stew hold. During the Vietnam War, American soldiers were traced and studied to see if the markers could be found among them. Among them was their most promising candidate, Darius Franklin. He was given a low dose of the serum to see how it work. At first, the effects seemed to take hold, but it seemed that over a repeated series of injections the treatment was slowly killing him. After his death in a secret lab in Cambodia, it was discovered that despite his DNA having all the appropriate components, one final mutation in the mitochondria was required for the subject to keep up with the cellular modifications.

The news of Darius' death was heartbreaking to his wife and children back home in Harlem, New York. Marcus was born in 1963, his sister Faith 1966 and brother Darius Junior in 1967. Still a boy when the news came of his father's death in action, he did not take it well. As a teen, the need for more money when the pension checks couldn't help his mother make ends meet led him into the local drug trade; working as essentially hired muscle for one of the larger heroin dealers in the boroughs, he was able to keep the creditors at bay. He was able to avoid police interference for the most part thanks to his employers. Still, a short stint for possession ended up being the way attention feel onto him from the government; analysis of some tissue left over from a brawl in the jail showed his mother gave him the mitochondrial mutation his father lacked.

Qualifications: The value of Marcus Franklin became more clear at the turn of the decade. Becoming a man in the ascendency of crack cocaine and seeing the epidemic change changed his outlook on his former job. A government agent gave him an offer to turn his life around by doing some undercover work for the DEA. The real purpose of this arrangement was to test their treatment on him by starting with low doses. Unlike his father, Marcus' body kept each dose's effects rather than burning through them, and so as he worked to disassemble several cartels with the government's quiet backing, he grew and quickly became the man known as Dark Power. His track record made him something of a local legend under the guise created for him by the government, and the nature of his actions keep him loyal since the program holds a barrier of protection over the lives of his family members.

Motivations: Despite the squalor and suffering which surrounded Marcus for most of his life, he still holds an idealistic notion that he can recover his neighborhood. A significant amount of the money his makes goes to his family and charitable projects in the Harlem area, still helping to improve it as he can when he can't defend it himself.

Personality: A bit cocksure, Marcus generally fluctuates between a somewhat imperious posture and a grim, Stoic figure. He tends to be friendly, and plays up his exploits when given the chance. He does tend toward a more serious tone when discussing the issues important to him. Though difficult to anger, extreme stress can set him off into something of a rampage of vengeance when he has a convenient target.

Vices/Secrets: The Dark Power's willpower has always been the factor which kept him safe in his lowest days, but there were several crimes that under the War on Drugs initiative he would find himself locked up for, and worse retribution from drug cartels for actions in his vigilante days. So far, the Superior Program has promised to help keep his shady past from being connected with his new persona.

Blobbe

I'm mulling ideas at the moment, but befre I go on, have we figured what section this game will go in?

Foxy DeVille

Quote from: KaylaM on May 08, 2011, 07:40:05 PM
I'm mulling ideas at the moment, but befre I go on, have we figured what section this game will go in?

Good question. I was thinking Exotic since we're dealing with super-hero types and who knows what might show up. Going with the suggestion of going off the most graphic scene, I would go with Non-Con. Not that I expect this game to be just about that sort of thing but I imagine that being the most extreme it could possibly get.

Kaiten

(I had sent this in, but I'll just post it here for reference.)

Code Name: Kilo India Alpha
Description: (Maybe a pic later, but I've exhausted my supply of pics ><)
20's to 30's. Toned Muscular Build, Medium Height. Brown Eyes, Slightly Brown skin and black hair. However all of this is usually quite hidden as he tends to wear a hoodie over all of it with a sprayed on emblem of Old Glory on it.

Powers/Skills/Gadgets:

Extreme Survivability: Can take quite a punch to take down, but survives 99.9% of the time, even if it takes 5 days in a coma to recover. Combined without the need to breathe Oxygen and to go weeks without food makes him a rather hardy fellow and possibly older than he appears.
Mind Discipline: Trained with weeks spent in remote areas under the harshest temperatures, has allowed Kilo to ignore the elements when needed, to an extent that exceeds that of special forces while still keeping strong.
Special Forces Training: Expert in infiltration and close quarters combat, which he favors over using any weapon, except possibly a knife.

Qualifications:
Volunteering for the armed forces during time of war and an inhuman amount of survivability makes him a not only a powerful asset, but also a trustworthy one. Trustworthy in that he would be able to do certain actions outside the codes of conduct, while not being linked to other efforts he would be working on in the public eye.

Motivations: Patriotism, using all abilities necessary for the betterment of the nation and what it stands for. To protect it from all threats, foreign and domestic.

Personality: Enigmatic and quiet. However will act however is needed for the given situation, mostly due to the fact that what he does is now national news, rather than just a report filed to his superiors. Acts the patriotic idol in the lime light while, immediately retracting to a dark corner when out of it. Still can keep a good friendship to those who need it, albeit a quiet one. Betrayal is unwise against this man.

History:
Kilo grew up rather simply, as many did in the early 30s. Without much money to go around, his family was forced to continually migrate around the country to find any work or place they could find to spend the night. As a young child he was often forced to steal from others, sneaking in and taking what he could without being caught. It seemed to he was rather good at it and that it might be what he would be doing for the rest of his life, that is, until the new deal kicked in. With his father and older brothers getting better jobs, his life changed drastically, and now he didn't have to steal any more and instead spent his time going to school.... with the occasional roguish behavior on the side.

However his need to steal changed to a want to fight as WWII started. With the glorification of the soldiers in the media and the patriotic posters plastered on the walls, his chaotic attitude changed to becoming a soldier. But obviously it wasn't exactly easy... He was far to young at the time, young enough that he couldn't even really fake his age to get into the army. Still, he trained himself with guns as best he could, waiting for the eventual time where he could fight. The war was waging on and on, so he knew that it was only a matter of time. One day, it was over, and over far quicker that he could have imagined. While he cursed the fact he wouldn't be able to be in a war, he joined the armed forces anyway, serving as an infantryman.

Then came the Korean war, and his calling soon came to fruition. Through the war he became cold and calculating and his want for chaos became hidden behind his quiet demeanor. His extreme combat ability and his eagerness to join in on missions was easily noticed and he was risen through the ranks. One particular mission was rather... odd, and was the start of his legend. In one particular battle, he caught a sniper bullet, unawares, completely between his eyes. His squad lamented his passing and carried his body back to base. However due to some rather intense fighting, his body was left as is for quite a while.... and in that time, it just.. sat up. The wound was gone and the bullet lay in his hand when they found him. Unsure about what the hell was going on, the base doctors were speechless, until one finally asked him, "How do you feel?" To which he replied, "Breathless... But I'm ready to fight again!"

From that time he became a rather closely regarded secret. For the rest of the war and the subsequent Vietnam war many years later, he would be attached to a unit as an officer. If he was to die, his record would count him as "KIA", and a new one would be made for when he recovered, to which he would be attached to a new unit, earning him the codename "Kilo India Alpha". This however soon became a problem due to his willingness to volunteer for every mission and the high casualty rate, so he was instead attached to a special forces unit that knew of his abilities and worked from then on as a top secret asset.

With the creation of the superiors, he naturally agreed, though reluctant due to the press that would be on him. In order to distance him from all involvement with the armed forces, his military records were all sealed away and he was transferred to a large PMC that was contracted with Aegis. Billed as the "Ultimate Soldier of Fortune" by Image, he fights for whatever is needed, in whatever way.

Vices/Secrets:
Despite all the Patriotic bullshit that he preaches, in all honesty, chaos is what drives him to do such things. A perpetual line of violence seers in his brain and is only hidden by his quiet nature. "For" his country, he has committed some of the worst atrocities known and, just doesn't give a damn.

Blobbe

Quote from: Foxy Oni on May 08, 2011, 09:00:41 PM
Good question. I was thinking Exotic since we're dealing with super-hero types and who knows what might show up. Going with the suggestion of going off the most graphic scene, I would go with Non-Con. Not that I expect this game to be just about that sort of thing but I imagine that being the most extreme it could possibly get.

Fair enough; in that canse I'll pass. Good luck with the game though!

RubySlippers

I'll also not be playing, I really am never going to freeform game again they just never work for me.

yaracyrrah

Interest!  I'm posting this half-finished to get feedback.

<<
Code Name: [Not sure yet.]
Description: [I'll get to this later]

Powers/Skills/Gadgets: [Not sure yet]

Qualifications: Lauren's genetic profile indicated that she would respond well to enhancement (as indeed she did).  Better yet, as a soldier she had already taken an oath of loyalty to the government.

Motivations: Duty.  Lauren wasn't and isn't a wild-eyed patriot--she joined the Army more because it was a secure career choice--but she swore the oath and she takes it very seriously.  Even when her government asks her to do things she isn't sure are right....

Personality: Normal.

History: Poor white girl from flyover country.  Never even thought about going to college.

Vices/Secrets: I generally don't like to write Serious Issues into my characters' backgrounds.  There's generally plenty of drama once the game gets going, and if I have a brilliant idea or need to spice things up I can always add something later.
>>

Okay so far?