News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Pineapple on Pizza?

Started by TerribleTira, March 05, 2018, 04:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TerribleTira

Yay, or nay?

Personally, i think it's ok with certain pairings of toppings. I find it goes good with ham. A ham and pineapple pizza. With other pizza things, not so much. I would even go so far as to omit the pepperoni.

Callie Del Noire

On occasion.

Depending on the franchise with the regatta sauce, I’ve had with ham and stuff like feta or hot sauce but you have to have something that compliments the taste like the right beer or drink

Deamonbane

Agreed. Depends on what it's paired with. I take after Wade Wilson in such matters:

https://youtu.be/c6tfcnA_XDU
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

RedRose

It's called Hawaiian in my country, but I have no idea where it comes from. It's not BAD, but yeah.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]
[what she reading: 50 TALES A YEAR]

DominantPoet

I'm one of those people who is strongly on the nay side of this *laughs* Some things just aren't meant to be on other things. Like ketchup on kraft dinner. Or BBQ sauce on ice cream.

PrestaDGTation

I LOVE pineapple on pizza!  A delicious mix!

Hawaiian Pizza is actually a Canadian invention, from what I've read. More to do with the travel-based PR at the time than any actual care for the culture. If you want to be authentic to Hawaii, I've heard putting kimchi on your pizza is closer to the mark.

Personally, I like it this way. The mix of fruit and meat is somehow ideal!
"I see. Hell is populated entirely by Theater Majors." - Majabya, while watching Hazbin Hotel.

Oniya

Quote from: DominantPoet on March 05, 2018, 02:04:07 PM
I'm one of those people who is strongly on the nay side of this *laughs* Some things just aren't meant to be on other things. Like ketchup on kraft dinner. Or BBQ sauce on ice cream.

Tomato sauce, kraft dinner, and some ground beef, and you've got a good start on hamburger helper...
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Ziether

Pineapple makes it watery all too often. Drain it well, maybe. I'm just dubious, and there are so many superior toppings.

Like beef stroganoff.
Under Emergency Maintenance

DominantPoet

Quote from: Oniya on March 05, 2018, 02:30:33 PM
Tomato sauce, kraft dinner, and some ground beef, and you've got a good start on hamburger helper...

If I pass out from feeling nauseous, I'm blaming you :P  ;D

Sara Nilsson

Second best topping on pizza next to the superior choice of kebab pizza. Hawaiian pizza is a close second though if the pinapple isn't too water. Hate when it is fresh out of the can (lets face it its rarely fresh) and all watery making the pizza soggy, but otherwise.. fucking hell yes! Give me that pineapple pizza anyday!!

Eye of Horus

Ziether and Sara have hit the nail on the head with it sometimes making the pizza soggy...or of course it can go the other way and the pineapple chunks get dried out, which is just as unappetising.

I’ve had Hawaiian pizzas a few times but I usually picked the pineapples off and ate them separately, so I don’t know if that counts as liking it or not!

TerribleTira

damn, I wish my serious threads would get this many responses so quickly. LOL

Btw, whats a craft dinner? Is that like those instant macaroni things? Those are gross no matter what context you put it in, much less on pizza.

I've really only had pineapple pizza on a thin crust at a buffet. Yes... for those who don't know, pizza actually comes buffet. I'm a fat ass, don't judge.

But yeah, the pizza isn't soggy at all... if anything its usually a little dry. If memory serves, they do it up with bacon sprinkles. That's pretty damn good, too!

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 05, 2018, 09:45:22 AM
https://youtu.be/c6tfcnA_XDU

God, I HATE those t-shirts, btw. The overly ornate, tribal-esque douchebag attire. hahaha Betcha he drives a late-model mustang. XD

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: TerribleTira on March 05, 2018, 06:29:19 PM
damn, I wish my serious threads would get this many responses so quickly. LOL

We feel strongly about pineapple and pizza!

Wyldeviolet

I love me some pineapple on pizza ROFL. Never actually had an issue with it making the pizza soggy? Maybe it's just where I'm from and how they prepare it...
[/url][/center]

Lilias

Ham and pineapple go very well together. (It's no coincidence that, if you order a gammon steak, you can choose to have it topped with a fried egg or a grilled pineapple slice - at least in the UK.) I just don't care for them on pizza. Both are much more satisfying cold.

For the record, I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'wrong pizza topping combination'. I'm a total anarchist when it comes to pizza and sandwiches. Combine whatever the hell you like.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

TerribleTira

Quote from: Lilias on March 06, 2018, 05:30:22 AM
Ham and pineapple go very well together. (It's no coincidence that, if you order a gammon steak, you can choose to have it topped with a fried egg or a grilled pineapple slice - at least in the UK.) I just don't care for them on pizza. Both are much more satisfying cold.

For the record, I don't believe there is such a thing as a 'wrong pizza topping combination'. I'm a total anarchist when it comes to pizza and sandwiches. Combine whatever the hell you like.

I put a fried egg on top of my pancakes

Deamonbane

I seen some chefs that I've worked with put baked polenta on an open-faced sandwich for a vegan option. It was pretty good.

Never tired egg on pancakes though.
Angry Sex: Because it's Impolite to say," You pissed me off so much I wanna fuck your brains out..."

TerribleTira

What's polenta? I know a vegan or two, but I don't think I've ever heard of this. Also, on a side note... there is sucha thing as vegan pizza. The "cheese" doesn't smell or taste very good, imo

Oniya

Quote from: TerribleTira on March 06, 2018, 02:24:07 PM
What's polenta? I know a vegan or two, but I don't think I've ever heard of this. Also, on a side note... there is sucha thing as vegan pizza. The "cheese" doesn't smell or taste very good, imo

Polenta is cornmeal mush, generally fried until crispy on the outside, but the inside is still sort of 'melt-in-your-mouth'.  It's particularly good with maple syrup.  (And bacon - although that's not very vegan.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

TerribleTira

It wouldn't surprise me if they make vegan bacon, already. LOL

Sara Nilsson

TerribleTira

that actually doesn't look bad. I have cooked with tofu before and kinda like it. I fry the crap out of it though, so it might circumvent the whole health aspect.

Oniya

There are vegan bacon bits - I don't find that they work well on anything but salads.

TheGlyphstone

Pineapple on pizza is heresy. I claim my Italian ancestry as authoritative proof that I am right.

Sara Nilsson

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2018, 11:37:13 AM
Pineapple on pizza is heresy. I claim my Italian ancestry as authoritative proof that I am right.

And what is wrong with heresy?!

naughty

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on March 07, 2018, 11:58:13 AM
And what is wrong with heresy?!

naughty

EVERYTHING.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Adrasteia

It's an abomination unto Nuggan.

But I don't really like pineapple anyway, which I suspect is more the issue. Sugary things on pizza are fine within reason (red onion marmalade as an example), but I'm not really convinced tropical fruit is the answer to that particular question.

Deamonbane

In all fairness, Pizza has changed one hell of a lot since Italy. Say from something like this:

To everything else that looks nothing like that. Personal favorite is:

Chicago Deep Dish.... *dies*

Oniya

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 07, 2018, 05:48:44 PM
In all fairness, Pizza has changed one hell of a lot since Italy. Say from something like this:

Back in college, we had a 'Professor Emeritus' (or basically, 'Teacher who can teach whatever he wants to') who did a number of off-beat classes at 8:30 AM (because that way, he knew that only people really interested would sign up).  One of those was 'History of Ancient Greece and Rome', and for one of the classes, we had authentic Roman-style pizza.  No tomatoes (New World, and also believed poisonous), not a whole lot of cheese (goat cheese would have been most likely) - and the one topping that I can safely say I will never consider putting on a pizza ever again. 

Yes, I have actually had a pizza with anchovies.

Luckily, there were other topping combinations available.

TerribleTira

Quote from: Adrasteia on March 07, 2018, 12:06:44 PM
It's an abomination unto Nuggan.

But I don't really like pineapple anyway, which I suspect is more the issue. Sugary things on pizza are fine within reason (red onion marmalade as an example), but I'm not really convinced tropical fruit is the answer to that particular question.

Nuggan?

AmberStarfire

I'm of the opinion that pineapple on pizza is an abomination :P but I have eaten it before. In situations where it's what there is to eat, I tend to pick off the pineapple. It's really not my favourite thing (although I like pineapple as a fruit).

AmberStarfire

I just noticed Adrasteia said abomination as well. :) It must be true.

Quote from: Deamonbane on March 07, 2018, 05:48:44 PM

To everything else that looks nothing like that. Personal favorite is:

Chicago Deep Dish.... *dies*

Generally I'd see there as being two types. There's Italian pizza and American-style pizza. They're like two completely different things but both great in their own ways.

TerribleTira

I've never had authentic italian style pizza. :(

Aiden

Deamonbane

CriminalMindsFan

I like it. I'm bothered when people say cheese is their favorite topping because I don't view cheese or sauce as a topping. Those two items aren't optional to me on a pizza.

Oniya

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on April 26, 2018, 06:19:42 PM
I like it. I'm bothered when people say cheese is their favorite topping because I don't view cheese or sauce as a topping. Those two items aren't optional to me on a pizza.

I actually had a friend who would order 'veggie lover' pizza without cheese.  I forget if he was lactose-intolerant, or vegan, but the local pizza place would do it right up for him.

Deamonbane

There is the four cheese topping, which is rather good, I think.

RedRose

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on March 07, 2018, 11:37:13 AM

I dated an Italian, he said the same BUT he did think it tasted good lol.
And yes, traditional pizza is very different from American.

FTR there def is non-pork bacon, and non-meat bacon.
O/O and ideas - write if you'd be a good Aaron Warner (Juliette) [Shatter me], Tarkin (Leia), Wilkins (Faith) [Buffy the VS]

Shores

Pineapple on Pizza here is like... the cheese pizza of America. Hawaiian pizza (tomato sauce, cheese, ham, and pineapple) is something you order as the safe option at parties. Everyone eats it, including kids. I think it's because our culture uses pineapple in a lot of cuisine, including soups, curries, fried rice, and even bbq!

Imagine my surprise and amusement when the debate about pineapple on pizza started.

RedRose

Crusty cheese is nice, unOrthodox for Italians but nice ;)

MasterMischief

You people are monsters.  The only fruit that belongs on pizza is pepperoni.

Rp girl

I am personally a fan of pinapple on pizza but only one way!

Ham
Cheese
Peperoni/salami if Im out
And pinapple
Maybe some parcely or italian herds if I want some extra stuff.

And not in execces of use. (Late to the party sorry)

Cassandra LeMay

Quote from: MasterMischief on May 05, 2018, 04:10:16 PM
You people are monsters.  The only fruit that belongs on pizza is pepperoni.
If you count pepperoni as fruit I would also include onions and bell peppers as "fruit", and those are just fine on a pizza.

But no pineapple for me, thank you very much. On that I agree wholeheartedly.
ONs, OFFs, and writing samples | Oath of the Drake

You can not value dreams according to the odds of their becoming true.
(Sonia Sotomayor)

Deante

1) I don't care what people eat as long as I don't have to eat it. Nothing is a food crime. Gross certainly, but food is one of the most "victimless crimes" ever, so there's no need to be so fuedy over it. For similar reason, I don't care what "real x" food is. Is it tasty? Then I'mma eat it.

2) Hawaiian is like, my favorite pizza. :D

TheHighwayHitman

Yes!

Bell peppers, Pineapple, and ground beef on one, red peppers, chicken, and onions on the other. They are both thin crust with Alfredo sauce!

LostInTheMist

I love anchovies on pizza. But not on a pizza with pineapples. As a kid, my favorite kind of Pizza was Hawaiian with pineapple and canadian bacon.

My tastes have... kind of... evolved since then.

I still can't resist "Macaroni and Cheese" pizza at my local parlor though. (Yes, it's Macaroni and cheese on top of a pizza. Don't judge me.)

My usual preference though is vegetarian with lots of artichoke hearts and olives and sun-dried tomatoes. But I will still eat and enjoy Hawaiian. Or really, let's be honest, anything so long as there's not too much tomato sauce. I love sun dried tomatoes or fresh tomatoes on my pizza. But tomato sauce, IMO, sucks. So it's gotta be either low sauce, or something else entirely.

My current ideal pizza without modifications is Papa Murphy's Gourmet Vegetarian with Olive Oil and garlic "sauce".

Unless you count the $50.00+ pizzas at some of the crazy-ass places. But I can get my Papa Murphy's Pizza for under $15.00. And it's at least 90% as good.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.

CriminalMindsFan

Recently someone told me they don't like the red sauce on pizza and prefer getting white sauce or no sauce on pizza.

Oniya

I mean, change-ups from the usual can be tasty.  I remember a Thai Chicken pizza from CPK that was amazing, and I'm pretty sure there wasn't a tomato harmed in the process.

*checks*

Quote from: From their menuGrilled chicken breast with peanut sauce and Mozzarella, hearth-baked then topped with crisp bean sprouts, julienned carrots, slivered scallions and fresh cilantro.

Prosak

Pineapple, Jalapeno, ham: With these three elements combined your pizza loving experiance will be forever changed by it's beauty.

shanthipriya

Being a hardcore Vegetarian, I must confess how much I started to love this combination. Back at my place (India), I didn't had a chance to try this combo. Loved it the very first time I tried.

P. S: yes, I am still a spicy food lover
“I am a woman with thoughts and questions and sh*t to say. I say if I’m beautiful. I say if I’m strong. You will not determine my story – I will.” – Amy Schumer

O/o's   ~ My Request Thread

Mathim

I can't believe I haven't posted in this thread yet!

I never used to like pineapple on pizza, it just seemed conceptually untenable. But as I sampled pizza buffets which I never knew existed until I moved to Sacramento, and they put out more and more combinations, I started trying ones that had pineapple with various other topping combinations and some of them weren't half-bad. In particular, I discovered, were the ones with the garlic white sauce rather than red marinara, and I finally got it down to a science where it became one of my favorite combinations. You get pineapple, garlic sauce, and one or two greasy meats, and sprinkle on the parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes to taste, and it's simply the best. That sweetness with the salty tang of the garlic sauce and meats, it's just amazing.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Regina Minx

I think we need to revisit this question, since a large number of pineapple shipments also include cocaine.

If cocaine is used as a flavoring/preservative of pineapple, I for one think that it does belong on pizza.  ;D

RedRose

Quote from: Regina Minx on September 10, 2018, 09:23:48 AM
I think we need to revisit this question, since a large number of pineapple shipments also include cocaine.

If cocaine is used as a flavoring/preservative of pineapple, I for one think that it does belong on pizza.  ;D

WOW! I tried to access and got this

451: Unavailable due to legal reasons
We recognize you are attempting to access this website from a country belonging to the European Economic Area (EEA) including the EU which enforces the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and therefore access cannot be granted at this time. For any issues, contact wdelnews@wdel.com or call (302)478-2700.

Oniya

This link might work better for you.  It's a BBC story about a similar bust - which was actually more creative.  The Delaware news story had the kilos hidden in the wooden pallets.  The Portugal bust had them camouflaged a bit better.

(WDEL is a local news station, which might explain the link issue.)

TheHangedOne

I say no to pineapple in general; pizza especially, though. I don't like mixing salty and sweet things, period. If you made some sort of post-postmodernist fruit compote pizza, though, I suppose pineapple would make for a good topping.
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Oniya

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 11, 2018, 11:10:07 AM
I say no to pineapple in general; pizza especially, though. I don't like mixing salty and sweet things, period. If you made some sort of post-postmodernist fruit compote pizza, though, I suppose pineapple would make for a good topping.

A place near us does a pizza buffet, including 'dessert pizzas' (which are basically a sweet dough with toppings).  One is an apple pie variety, but I could see doing something with crushed pineapple.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Oniya on September 11, 2018, 11:42:08 AM
A place near us does a pizza buffet, including 'dessert pizzas' (which are basically a sweet dough with toppings).  One is an apple pie variety, but I could see doing something with crushed pineapple.
Brazilians really like those. Chocolate pizzas, banana and cinnamon pizzas, condensed milk pizzas and... yes, Pineapple pizzas.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Deamonbane on September 11, 2018, 11:55:52 AM
Brazilians really like those. Chocolate pizzas, banana and cinnamon pizzas, condensed milk pizzas and... yes, Pineapple pizzas.
Quote from: Oniya on September 11, 2018, 11:42:08 AM
A sweetened dough, as one might use in pastry, with a cooked sweetened condensed milk (basically caramel) sauce, with some various fruit slices as the topping would probably be amazing. Not something I could reasonably eat, though; I'm imagining the carbs in the hundreds for just a slice.
Check out my poet tree!

TheHangedOne

And since I can't edit.. forgot to mention using the chocolate--milk chocolate, perhaps?--as the sort of 'cheese' equivalent, just shred the chocolate real fine, and sprinkle on top of it all.
Check out my poet tree!

Oniya

Quote from: TheHangedMan on September 11, 2018, 12:00:52 PM
And since I can't edit.. forgot to mention using the chocolate--milk chocolate, perhaps?--as the sort of 'cheese' equivalent, just shred the chocolate real fine, and sprinkle on top of it all.

Now you're just teasing.  :P  ;D

And yes, they are just as carb-heavy as you imagine.  The place cuts them in very narrow slices.

Ket

You mean something like this?  Also, fruit carbs are not equivalent to dough carbs. It's a totally different type of sugar and way it is processed by your body.

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

you can find me on discord Ket#8117
Ons & Offs~Menagerie~Pulse~Den of Iniquity
wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

TheHangedOne

Quote from: Ket on September 11, 2018, 05:59:53 PM
You mean something like this?  Also, fruit carbs are not equivalent to dough carbs. It's a totally different type of sugar and way it is processed by your body.

That is--wait for it--literally what I was picturing in my mind (except pineapple instead of kiwi, since we were talking pineapple). Also, yes, very good bringing up the glycemic index. As a type 1 brittle diabetic, I actually find that fruits, especially fruit juices, are bad for me due to their high glycemic index (the body processes it very quickly, and it's hard to balance the insulin intake timing with the way the body processes that sugar). I mean, in theory, I could get the timing and the ratios down right... and fruit juice is excellent for counter-acting a low. But something like complex carbs from whole grain doughs takes a much longer time for the body to break down.
Check out my poet tree!

Ket

Fruit juice often has added sugar, which is why it is so horrible. Berries, pineapple, and grapes typically have the highest amounts of sugar in them, while less sweet/more tart fruits have lower amounts. I'm a LADA diabetic, and fruits are one of the things that actually barely touch my blood sugar levels. Any sort of bread-type dough or potato product and my levels are pushing the accelerator as if they're trying to win the Indy 500. Yet I can eat a ton of pineapple or grapes and barely register an increase. But you won't find me drinking fruit juice unless it's no sugar added.

she wears strength and darkness equally well, the girl has always been half goddess, half hell

wee little Ketlings don't yet have the ability to spit forth flame with the ferocity needed to vanquish a horde of vehicular bound tiny arachnids.

Oniya

Quote from: Ket on September 11, 2018, 05:59:53 PM

The one I've seen doesn't look nearly that healthy.  Streusel topping is involved.

Ket

I've always seen them on some sort of pastry dough or sugar cookie base (though honestly, you could put them on pizza dough just fine), with a cream cheese sauce and a myriad of soft fruits on top.

Rozel

Yeah there is a difference between desert pizza and fruit pizza. :P

Dessert pizza is just with normal pizza dough, but topped with pie filling and drizzle of frosting or something of the likes.
Fruit Pizza typically is on a cookie type base with a cream cheese (sweetened type.. ) spread, then topped with fresh fruit that is sliced up. It is then sometimes topped with a orange or lemon glaze (but not always.) It also is typically served cold, rather than hot like a Dessert pizza would be.

We eat loads of different kinds of pizzas.. My family and I love pineapple on our pizza. My fav. is a meat lovers topped with pineapple. However, we will also put in mushrooms, onions, and sometimes (ripe) olives on that.. and the placement of the pineapple has to be just right to not make it soggy (some put too many on)..

It is the combination between salty and sweet that balances things out and is such a treat. Admittedly, we make most of our own pizza at home. I have a fantastic recipe for Pizza dough, which in my mind, is the basis for a great pizza.

It is my fav. food.

Strangely, in Canada, we (here) have no Canadian Bacon like they do in the states (which is round circle slice of cured loin, ham like). ;) They call back bacon/peameal bacon, Canadian bacon here, which is more raw, unlike normal bacon or the US Canadian bacon. Back bacon here is more closely similar to British Bacon in shape. And thicker than your typical slice of US Canadian Bacon, not to mention that it is also rolled (the loin) in cornmeal .

All that said, bacon is tasty, no matter what kind is used! :P

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }

Evilcupcakecat

Pineapple of pizza is delicious, however, putting barbeque sauce on top of it? Hell naw.

Deamonbane

Quote from: Evilcupcakecat on February 16, 2019, 02:50:09 PM
Pineapple of pizza is delicious, however, putting barbeque sauce on top of it? Hell naw.
On this we can agree.

Yarnover

Quote from: Evilcupcakecat on February 16, 2019, 02:50:09 PM

BBQ sauce, pineapple, onions on pan-style crust... my favorite pizza! Mmmm....
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Sara Nilsson

but what about pizza on pineapple?

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Sara Nilsson on February 20, 2019, 01:12:57 AM

but what about pizza on pineapple?

What culinary apocalypse hath thou wrought?

Yarnover

O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Yarnover

Quote from: Yarnover on February 20, 2019, 01:32:20 AM

By which I meant that you blew my mind... But I cannot edit that monstrosity.
O/Os ~ ~ A/As

Humble Scribe

Pineapple, pizza. Abomination. That is all.

But don't listen to me; listen to the President of Iceland (other supermarkets are available).

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/icelands-president-says-threatening-pineapple-pizza-ban-went-too-far/news-story/32b056496d5a76dd672edacaca563996
The moving finger writes, and having writ,
Moves on:  nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

Ons and Offs

Crystalis

Pineapple on pizza is what I live for. It is an absolute asset and benefit to society!

Various

My stance on all food controversies is simple. Whether or not to put pineapple on pizza, mustard on hotdogs, etc. is up to the person eating it. If I want to make a pizza covered in hot sauce, strawberry yogurt, and balsamic vinegar, it's my stomach it's going into.
[tr]
[td]
[/td][/tr][/table]

The Lovely Tsaritsa

I miss my pizza. Pineapple on pizza, it’s ok, with ham. But, I love my meatball pizza, so my ch more. And, from Neptune Pizza, where I used to get, its the best!  ;D

MasterMischief

Quote from: Various on March 09, 2019, 03:06:48 AM
My stance on all food controversies is simple. Whether or not to put pineapple on pizza, mustard on hotdogs, etc. is up to the person eating it. If I want to make a pizza covered in hot sauce, strawberry yogurt, and balsamic vinegar, it's my stomach it's going into.

Sure.  But you are still wrong.

Adiasporical

I like pineapple pizza, but I really don't think it's all that great and should be praised for something. Yes, a great choice, but also not the only one, although the knowledge that people might get more emotional about getting pineapples on pizza, it's advisable to ask others before ordering. Y'know, just as much as simply always asking others before ordering a pizza.
With love,

Adiasporical.

Check out my: O/O's, A/A's.
Current status: Getting back on track. Partners welcome.

LostInTheMist

When I was young, yes. I don't think I've tried it in close to 20 years now. I wonder what I would think now. I'd probably pick the pineapple off and eat it separately. Canadian bacon is pretty decent on its own.
My Apologies and Absences  Updated March 24, 2024

My Ons and Offs

My Smutty Ideas
My Serious Ideas

Current Status: Unusually long bout of insomnia is slowing my posting rate.

CalicoWolf

As someone who's worked at multiple pizza places over the years and tried so many different pizzas, pineapple pizza is still my favorite! Bacon and pineapple pizza... mmm. Oh, how I wish I could have one right now!  :-\ But, I just had my wisdom teeth pulled, so no pizza for me. *sadness*

sweetpotato

Pineapple on pizza is amazing. Stuff tradition!
I also really love egg on pizza. That is amazing.

NomDeGuerre

Personally, I don't prefer pineapple on my pizza, but if I am hungry and it's on it, I don't mind it. But it's sorta like many other things for me, if you're buying it then you should get it how you like it. If someone else is buying it, have it how they like it.

NomDeGuerre

Keep company with those who make you better. –English Proverb

DukeJohn

I guess this falls under the parameters of "other controversies"?

It's my favorite pizza topping. I like just pineapple and extra cheese.

Mathim

Quote from: CriminalMindsFan on May 29, 2018, 07:44:00 PM
Recently someone told me they don't like the red sauce on pizza and prefer getting white sauce or no sauce on pizza.

It may not necessarily be that they don't like the red, but they're tired of it, as I am. I only ever get red if it's the only thing available or if I'm in a group that doesn't want to think outside the box. Typically what I prefer is going to places that have pesto sauce, that's the tip-top. Although, if that's what sauce is used, it's not going to be one that I would think would do well combined with pineapple. Only that savory garlic sauce truly brings out the pineapple magic.

Some places do have a red sauce that I truly do not like, though. Olive Garden (I know they're not synonymous with pizza but they have it) has a red sauce with a kind of unpleasant sweetness that just hits me the wrong way no matter what it's combined with, whether it's their cheesy lasagna, their spaghetti and meatballs, or their chicken parmesan. Luckily I've not gone to any dedicated pizza places that have a red sauce I've found distasteful. But it's never as complimentary of the pineapple as the white sauce. Red is kind of the 'universal donor' type of sauce where basically any topping will be fine with it but it doesn't enhance any of them. Pesto is good for enhancing many veggie and meat combinations. White garlic sauce is fantastic for jazzing up the salty, greasy meat toppings and making the pineapple's flavor absolutely pop!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).