Star fleet academy sandbox game. IC

Started by Tamhansen, October 19, 2016, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamhansen

(Note: I saw this posted by someone else a few months back, but the OP seemed to have backed out, so I'm giving it a try.)

The year is 2383. The Dominion war is nearly a decade past, and the Borg have not been seen in years. The Federation and the Romulan star empire have regained their tenuous peace after the actions of emperor Shinzon.

The Federation, and Star Fleet are once again focused exploration, and are actively recruiting a new generation of officers to push back the boundaries.

What I'm looking to start is a sandbox, player driven game set at Star fleet academy. Most of the game will take place at the Academy's main campus at what is now Fort Baker in Marin county California, but other campuses, training locations and such will be part of the game.

Players will take the roles of students, academic and support staff, or any other affiliated characters, and due to the sandbox nature of the game, people will be free to decide what to write. Now and again, plot will be introduced, which players can choose to engage or not.

Each semester, students will be given a schedule of classes they need to pass and extracuricular activities they wish to undertake. The academy is a huge campus with nearly anything students and staff will need to live, work and study.

Character sheet:
As the game is freeform, the character sheet is quite simple. There is one for students, and one for staff.

Student CS

Character name:
race:
Strengths and weaknesses:
Background story:

All student characters will be considered Freshers unless specifically discussed with me beforehand.

Staff CS

Character name:
race:
Position:
Physical description:
Strengths and weaknesses:
Background story:

Posts should be substantial and meaningful. No one liners unless the situation specifically asks for it. (If you're in a dialogue, and answer a direct question you can get away with just answering the question. Though elaboration is appreciated, just writing filler to reach an arbitrary word count is not really constructive either)

Please post at least every 72 hours, (preferably once per day if you can. Especially if people are waiting on you, but that is not required. I won't be able to make every day either) I will record people who miss the 72 hour mark, and remind them. If you need a longer break, just shoot me a PM, or put yourself on 'leave' in the OoC player thread.

Feel free to make multiple characters if you wish. Just make sure that you have time to engage all of them if they are in a group activity or conversation with other players.

ons and offs

They left their home of summer ease
Beneath the lowland's sheltering trees,
To seek, by ways unknown to all,
The promise of the waterfall.

Relikai

LeSane

'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

ElvenKitten

Baalborn87

I'd be interested in playing a doctor/medic in training.

Angel Fire

I'll plant some interest seeds here and see if it grows up.
Can you capture this fiery Angel and make her yours?!  Try before she slips away into the night... If you wish.
May we spread our wings and soar the heavens together for all time - Angel
My Theme Song - Can I be your Heart's Desire?

Tamhansen

updated the info Will add my own character sheets later today.
ons and offs

Tamhansen

Character name: Eirus Gaal
race: Betazoid
Rank (If any): Commander
Position: Professor of ethics and interspecies diplomacy
Physical description: Eirus is 6'5" (193cm) and roughly 215LBs (97 KG) He is lithe but muscular, with short black hair and black eyes with violet pupils, he often foregoes the Starfleet uniform to dress in stylish mid 20th century suit jackets over a black t-shirt.
Strengths: Charming, Good dancer, cook, chess player.
weaknesses: Impulsive, nightmares, trouble with command.
Background story: Eirus was born to Deanna Gaal, a high ranking member of the third house of Betazed. As his mother was a minister of foreign affairs, Eirus often accompanied his mother to meet dignitaries from other planets. From a young age he was trained in etiquette, diplomacy and linguistics. He had a bright career ahead of him.

When Eirus had just turned 12 however, things changed in the worst way possible. Betazed was invaded by the Jem Hadar. Deanna as a minister was one of the first victims of the occupation forces, and Eirus' dad Tam died defending his house from attack. Scared and alone, Eirus learned to survive on the streets, until one day, he stumbled across a group of strangers. He soon learns they are Star fleet special forces preparing for the liberation of the planet. Eirus shows the troop his secret hiding spaces, and the Commander thanks him before leaving.

A few weeks later, as Betazed is free, Eirus is visited by that same Commander, who offers to take the boy to his own foster parents on earth. Eirus agrees, and is brought to Eric Marciano and his wife Jean. They are a couple of around 65 who'd spent the last 40 years fostering orphans from throughout the federation. Eirus stays with the Marcianos and their other charges Triplet toddlers from Delta four called Regina, Nicole and Lily. Eirus grows to love the triplets as his own sisters.

Eirus continued his studies, and was admitted to Starfleet academy at 17. Majoring in interstellar affairs, he was assigned to the Ambassador class vessel USS Vidaal. In 2384 he was part of the negotiations of the new peace treaty between the Federation and the Romulan Star empire. In 2386 the Empire was struck by a catastrophic supernova in the Hobus system that destroyed Romulus and killed billions. The empire collapsed and several new factions emerged. In 2388, Eirus, now as a senior diplomat brokered the alliance between the Federation and the newly emerged Romulan Star Republic. Though the Republic would rejoin the empire four years later, the help received by the federation made them no small amount of friends.

Eirus accepted the position of Ethics and Diplomacy tutor this semester, and hopes that he will be able to help shape a new generation of diplomats and commanders.
ons and offs