Godswar (Recruiting)

Started by Fury Aphrodisia, September 19, 2016, 12:09:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RhinSama

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 25, 2016, 10:07:54 PM
sheep, horses, random Irish people.... yeah, makes sense.
Is that how you ended up with me? Random Irish woman?

InnocentSynn

Quote from: RhinSama on September 25, 2016, 10:09:07 PM

Not sure how we ended up with you, but I'm not complaining

RhinSama

Quote from: Josh Arcanum on September 25, 2016, 10:10:39 PM
Not sure how we ended up with you, but I'm not complaining
Hehehe glad to know. You've got a mouthy red head Celt playing a Celt Goddess. This should be fun!

DartimusRae

Quote from: RhinSama on September 25, 2016, 10:09:07 PM

I ended up with you because I fed you, and like any cat, you wouldn't go away. 5 years later, we're married and planning children... as for your ancestors, possibly.

Kiric Rand

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 25, 2016, 10:15:53 PM
I ended up with you because I fed you, and like any cat, you wouldn't go away. 5 years later, we're married and planning children... as for your ancestors, possibly.

God why does that story sound familiar
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

RhinSama

Quote from: Kiric Rand on September 25, 2016, 10:16:49 PM
God why does that story sound familiar
Because Lynnie is a feline as well?

InnocentSynn

Quote from: RhinSama on September 25, 2016, 10:17:48 PM
Because Lynnie is a feline as well?

And married to a member of this conversation?

RhinSama

DartimusRae

exactly. And Lynnie got me into the Site, and I got Rhin into the site... circles man. circles.

Kiric Rand

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 25, 2016, 10:22:07 PM
exactly. And Lynnie got me into the Site, and I got Rhin into the site... circles man. circles.

And she got her claws into me and drug me in here as well
[Floatright]
[/float]
Guardian of Lynnie's heart
-My inbox is sort.of like 7-11. It's not always doing business, but it's always open.-
Flying High or Falling Fast (O/Os)My Ideas! A/A updated 2/11/15

RhinSama

InnocentSynn

DartimusRae

hey guys, why don't we move this chatter to the OOC thread, eh? So we don't clog the interest thread.

RhinSama

Quote from: DartimusRae on September 25, 2016, 10:28:32 PM
hey guys, why don't we move this chatter to the OOC thread, eh? So we don't clog the interest thread.
-Skips off to the OOC dragging all three of the boys with her. Willing or not-

DartimusRae

Quote from: RhinSama on September 25, 2016, 10:29:56 PM
-Skips off to the OOC dragging all three of the boys with her. Willing or not-

*was always willing*

Fury Aphrodisia

Right now, we'll be leaving the game open to join as it catches people's eyes. There's no reason not to be able to fit right in wherever you like even after the plot gets going. If and when we're looking for someone to fill a specific role, we'll make sure to add that in, as well.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Winterborn

Fury Aphrodisia

Sorry, I don’t know who that is.  But if you're looking to reserve the face for an Odin character, welcome aboard! Good news, no one's used them yet.
Fire and Flora - My Ons and Offs  - Updated May 17th '17 ---- Aphrodisia Acedia - (A&A's) - Updated September 9th '17 ---- Sinful Inspirations - Story Ideas - Updated May 17th '17

~I am not the voice of reason: I am the voice of truth. I do not fall gently on hopeful ears. I am strident and abrasive. I do not bend to the convenience of comfort. I am unyeilding. I do not change with wind and whim, but am always standing, unchanging, steady, constant and persevering. You rebuke me when you need me most, yet still I fight. The enemies of truth are everywhere. But I am not defeated.~

Winterborn

It's the Danish actor Mads Mikkelson, most famous for his portrayal of Hannibal Lecter on NBC's Hannibal. (A show I haven't seen nearly enough of...)

And yes, I'm hoping to come in as Odin of the Norse Pantheon. My first choice would have been Mars, but I don't want to steal Vergil's thunder at all! Still reading through the threads and working up a character sheet.

Elysian Radiance

Need moar non-gods! I feel so alone!
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

Cataclysmic Archangel

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on October 04, 2016, 04:47:01 AM
Need moar non-gods! I feel so alone!

You could have made a god, ya know :p

Winterborn

Odin CS
~Mortal Vessel~

Character's Vessel Name: Johann Schmidt.
Character/Vessel's Nickname/Title/Alias: None.
Vessel Age: 47
Vessel Occupation: Political activist, professional speaker, business consultant, investor.
Education: Doctor of Economics, Doctor of Theology, Master of Business Law, all from the University of Copenhagen. That's besides everything he knows that he didn't need a diploma for legitimacy.
Vessel Biography/History: Born to a wealthy investment banker for a father and a politically active doctor for a mother, Johann was destined for success. Breezing through his education as a child noted for his calm demeanor and forward-thinking, he was accepted to the University of Copenhagen as a matter of course. Focusing on his studies, he nonetheless appeared at the fringes of virtually every socially subversive rally and organization in the city, never involving himself so much as to generate a scandal. After attaining his Masters in Economics, he went to work at his father's firm in a low level position, one which simultaneously granted him fiscal independence and left him free to pursue his further education. Leaving his professional field for the moment, he took a double major in Theology and Business Law, devouring knowledges arcane and mundane with equal fervor until the former finally consumed his undivided attention. With years of study under his belt, Johann surpassed his retired father in the family business and hit the European scene as an outspoken skeptic, decrying monolithic religion as a system of anti-scientific surpression and control. At the same time, he was moving significant sums of money to grass-roots neo-pagan movements as an anonymous backer, effectively funding a variety of ethno-poltical groups across Scandinavia and Germany.

Height: 6' flat.
Weight: 175 lbs, exactly.
Hair Color: Brown, graying.
Eye Color: Brown.
Vessel's Starting Faceclaim: Mads Mikkelsen.
Orientation: Heterosexual, leaning towards flexible.
General Appearance: What Johann wears depends entirely upon the situation, and sometimes the situation calls for a leather jacket and blue jeans. More often, however, he relies on a narrow variety of dark blue or black suits, often pinstriped. Really though, the man would be just as at his ease naked; the important thing is that he is comfortable in his own skin.
Distinguishing Characteristics: Numerous small scars, particularly on his face and hands. Where they were earned and what caused them is a matter of some debate amongst his fans.
Vessel Personality: Friendly, generous, and gregarious is the face Johann presents to the world, the kind of public figure a journalist has to dig long and hard on to find a goofy photo or choppable soundbite. His speech is always deliberate and considered, his taste in tailored suits impeccable, and his hair kept and styled while still maintaining a sort of affable scruffiness. Behind the facade of a well-meaning progressive is an old, cold soul, one which is only interested in power and advancement of his interests in all things. As comfortable in a smoky dive bar as giving testimony before a court, he often gives speeches and participates in debates which are televised across the world, as well as making shady backroom deals with people who frequently have no idea who he is in the daylight.

~Godly Details~

Character's God Name: Odin.
God's Nickname/Title/Alias: Get real.
God's Family: Wife: Frigg (estranged), Brother: Loki (adopted), Sons: Thor, Baldr, Vidal, Vali, Heimdall, Tyr, Bragi, Hodr. (Seriously, this is a big fucked-up family even by mythological standards.)
God's Personality: Odin has shaped Johann so much over the decades that they're practically identical.
Alternative Forms: None.
Godly Powers:
Rule of Law: Odin can compel another to fulfill their end of a bargain or contract, provided he has lived up to his, regardless of their wishes or desires.
Wandering Eyes: By entering meditation, Odin can perceive through the eyes and ears of his servants, Huginn and Muginn, wherever they might be.
Chooser of the Slain: With his spear Gungnir in hand, Odin becomes a master of battle, able to select individuals from afar to be brought down by the unerring weapon. Gungnir can be blocked, but usually not dodged. It requires the thrower to be able to see the target, and must be retrieved to throw again. Any mortal slain by Gungnir in battle can be assumed to have died an honorable death.
Godly Artifact: Gungnir, the Swaying One, a spear which cannot miss no matter how unskilled or weak the throw. It broke the spear of Siegmund and was in turn broken by his son, Siegfried.
Deity History/Mythology: Odin is an old, old god. Maybe as old as the Egyptians, with a greater reach over a much longer period. Perhaps uniquely among all deities, his strength was not diluted by the difference in the names he was called, including being worshipped as "He of the hundred names". He was in the forests of Europe and the mountains of Scandinavia, crossed the seas to Britain with the Vikings and rode the steppes of Asia with the Kievan Rus. He watched over the mercenary Varangians as they fought for the Basileus of Rome in the Middle East, even as sailors begged his aid while making the long voyage across the western seas to Vinland. Only the rise of the White Christ in Europe brought an end to his dominance, and even that hasn't been enough to destroy him completely; the old myths and legends brought over from the Old World had hardly tarnished at all in the New before comic books and movies engendered a resurgence of paganism. Furthermore, he is one of the foremost gods claiming wisdom as their domain; what he can't do, he'll teach... for a price.

The upshot of all which is, Odin is extremely versatile. There's a reason that all of his enemies tend to wind up banished, chained, or dead, and whenever it seemed he was gone it turned out to be just another long game ending in his victory. If you think you've beat him, if you think you've got him on the ropes, if you think you have the upper hand and there's no way he can get out of it, it means he's probably reveling in the anticipation of sinking the knife into your back. Unbeatable? No. But you're probably better off being his lack-- Friend.

Dislikes: Weakness, dishonesty, childishness, cold, insubordination.
God's domain(s): Fury Aphrodisia: "God of wisdom, magic, runes, healing, death, poetry and frenzy. Odin was a tired god." And how! More specifically, Odin is the final authority in oaths and laws in the Norse Pantheon, which are the source of his power. Where other Aesir and Vanir might hold the lion's share over a domain, Odin will be certain to have his interests there as well. For the purposes of the game, one can assume his Domains to be: Wisdom, Runes, and Law.
Godly Weakness: Odin cannot break his word, at the cost of his own power and, eventually, life. If he says he will, he must, with no ritual required other than the explicitly spoken words. Aside from that, Fenrisulfr is prophesied to slay him during Ragnarok; whether that is protection from death otherwise, or simply a sign that he is not so immortal...
Gods Status (minor/major): Major.
Home Locale: Scandinavia.
Godly Symbols: Crows, candles, nooses, gallows, wolves, spears.

Ons and Offs: On/Offs.
Extraneous Information: Credit to your sources here if need be. Include anything else you think we may need to know.
Expendable: Considering who the other Norse PCs are... Yes.

Edits have been made!

DartimusRae

Welcome to the Game, "Pops". Pending a quick, private conversation, you'll be approved shortly

Vergil1989

Lol and people wonder why I took the shield as my artifact.  I like him though Winterborn and I'm looking forward to meeting this particular Odin.  Keep in mind however he's not the only one that had a resurgence in fans and followers.  While she might not like them, Ares had that God of War video game series that's currently getting a new edition as Kratos cuts his way through the Norse pantheon lol.  So the God of War WILL be annihilating his way through the likes of Loki, Odin, and all the rest I imagine if it turns out like the original series did.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Lynnie

I am hoping to make my sheet tonight. Work has been killing me