Kingdom Hearts: Eden Echo (BESM 3rd Edition Recruitment)

Started by Angie, January 22, 2016, 07:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Quote from: Wolfy on January 24, 2016, 01:07:56 PM
But I don't know how to build a character or anything. T-T

That's why you ask, I will happily teach you. PM me if you want some lessons.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

AndyZ

As I toy with concepts for Elsa, it occurs to me more and more that she's probably too powerful for a BESM game.  I mean, she built an ice castle overnight.  Short of abusing Power Flux Creation with Permanence, I'm not even sure how that would be accomplished.  Even then, casually creating a snowman that lasts until it melts (or worse yet, gets its own personal flurry) seems overpowered.

Add to that how I never feel fully comfortable playing canon characters, and I'll keep pondering.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Angie

Yeah, practically any canon would have to be heavily nerfed. It's like River Tam in the Serenity RPG-her stats are highly nerfed compared to her on screen presence because she'd be fucking unstoppable. Most of us seem to be playing originals to start with, though I totally lay claim to Terra, so, there you go.

AndyZ

The scary part is that I could actually pull it off as per the rules...

I remember at one point I was thinking of using my OC FF8 character from another game, Alyssa Deftrix but it might be better to try to find something that fits very well with everyone else.

Unless I just throw my pants to the wind and set up something that fits well without making sure it holds to any particular known world.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Marie Reynolds

So since I am looking to build someone from Ivalice should I model my character after the chemist,Squire, Knight, White Mage, Black Mage and Archer? Also would it be possible to model the character after more advance classes or mimic having sub class like features?

Angie

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 25, 2016, 09:16:25 AM
So since I am looking to build someone from Ivalice should I model my character after the chemist,Squire, Knight, White Mage, Black Mage and Archer? Also would it be possible to model the character after more advance classes or mimic having sub class like features?

I would say don't write yourself into a job. The only thing I know of Ivalice is actually 12, which is not a job based thing. So, basically, build what you like.

And Andy, same advice.

Wolfy

With approval and help from Angie in making my character, I present my profile. ^0^

Name: Yuki Tanaka
Appearance:

(Only with blue lines instead of Red...unless she's in Blind Fury. ;3)
History:
Yuki wasn't born like most. Rather, she was created. Synthesized and made from code and pieces of programming. Byte by byte she was assembled on the Grid by Flynn as an opposing force to Clu and as a pet project to keep him occupied. She was strong, adept in physical combat and given various abilities to augment that, including her own personal Light Cycle that was encoded specifically for her. Problems soon arose when the heartless attacked the grid, however, and darkness began to take over. Clu, a man who had been a tyrant and militaristic in his take over of the grid, began to seize more and more ground as the heartless bolstered his forces.

A fateful day came when Yuki was dispatched on a routine mission to combat the growing heartless threat in the best way that she could, and instead came face to face with Rinzler, Clu's chief soldier in the field. A long battle started as darkness encroached around them, and Yuki was forced to retreat all the way to the portal between worlds that was, unknown to everyone, a gateway to another universe and world entirely. A hit to her throat and a kick to the chest, and she was gone through the portal with the sheer force from the attack, ejected from the Grid and set adrift in the space between worlds as darkness flooded the Grid and soon took it over, leaving it in a dreaming state of nightmares. While she drifted, Yuki's heart called out to her home world, and to nearby worlds as well, strong and heavy as she found herself an outsider in a strange land, waking in Hallow Bastion.

Yuki's strong heart resonated with her home world, and bestowed upon her two key blades, made from the salvaged fragments of light from The Grid, the two fragments that might be strong enough to recover it. Now Yuki has to face not only the darkness for the sake of everyone else, but to take back her home, for surely Flynn is also fighting against Clu even as the world itself sleeps.

Body 7
Mind 5
Soul 6

Abilities and Skills:
Melee Attack Keyblade 6 (18 points)
Melee Defense Dodge 6 (18 points)
Combat Technique : Two Weapon Fighting (2 points)
Feature: Ambidextrous (1 Point)
Feature: Light Sleeper (1 Point)
Driving (Lightcycles) Rank 2 (4 points)
Electronics (Computers/Lightcycles) Rank 1 (2 points)
Gaming (Computer games) Rank 2 (2 Points)
Combat Technique: Lightning Reflexes x 3
Projection (6 points) Rank 1

Flaws:
Marked (Tech Lines) (-3 Points)
Vulnerability (Electricity) (-6 Points)
Blind Fury (Ally in Mortal Danger) (Knocked Unconscious to reset) (-4 points)
Inept Speech (Mute) (-9 points)

Lightcycle:
Landspeed (10 points)  125 kmh
Wall Crawling (4 points)
Water Walking (4 points)
Light-footed (2 points)
Power Flux: Creation Light Constructs (Walls/Ramps) (5 points)
Feature: Extra Storage Capacity (100kg) (1 Point)

Weapons:
Dual Disc:
Vampiric (4 points)
Drain (Body) (3 points) Rank 3
Drain Mind (2 points) Rank 2
Ennervation (3 points)

Photon Debugger:
Vampiric (2 points)
Drain (Soul) (2 points) Rank 3
Drain Mind (1 point) Rank 2
Ennervation (2 Points)

My values:

Combat Value: (18/3) 6
12 Attack with Keyblades
12 Defense with Dodge Melee

Health: (7+6) x 5 = 65

Energy: (5+6) x 5 = 55

Shock: 7 + 6 = 13

Damage Multiplier: 5

AndyZ

I should ask: how well do people know the games after 2?  I haven't gotten to play them yet, and would hate to get any spoilers.

Angie

I have not played anything after 2, and like I said, practically none of the game's plots will be around. I will tell everyone involved that Org 13 will be involved, but, well, I have plans-they aren't going to be as big of a Big Bad as they were the first time around.

AndyZ

Marie Reynolds

Okay ill try might be a bit hard since i was going to go from final fantasy tactics  war of the lions then the one presented in twelve. So would you prefer characers from old Ivalice or the ff12 ivalice.

Angie

Take your pick and for the 12th time by now: Make what you want to play. MAKE WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY.

MAKE WHAT YOU WANT TO PLAY.

Katra Alexion

THANK GOD ANOTHER KH GAME!!!!

*looks @ Angie* Hello dear, long time no play. I am very interested in your project here and that it is even 3rd BESM is just a treat!

Wolfy

*flops around* So ready to staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrtttt......

Angie

Wolfy

AndyZ

I haven't forgotten this game, but the temperature has been downright mean around here lately and I've been out of it.  I understand if you decide to get things going without me.

Yukina

*stands at attention* I'm ready, Commander Angie. :)

bokotousamurai

I haven't started my character yet, still trying to come up with something I like
I'm the coolest nerd there is, and I don't care that that isn't an accomplishment.

Angie

Quote from: Yugishogun on January 28, 2016, 08:46:35 AM
*stands at attention* I'm ready, Commander Angie. :)

Then where's the rest of your sheet?

Yukina

Whoops...

Miyoko Sasahara

Homeworld: Hollow Bastion
Bio/Personality: Miyoko Sasahara appears at first to be your average, stuttering bookworm, though she is quite more skilled than she looks. When not binging upon loads and loads of books, she'll either be at her father's forge or training with her mother. While she used to stay mostly in her room when she was a child, she was soon spending much less time in there as her parents dragged her into their personal hobbies, her father being a burly blacksmith and her mother an avid swordswoman. Despite her parents' strict tutelage though, they make it clear that they love her no matter what.

Sheet
300/300 Points

_Stats_ (100)
Body: 3
Mind: 4
Soul: 3

AVC: 3/7 with Blades
DCV: 3/7 With Blades
Health Points: 25
Shock Value: 6
Energy Points: 55
Damage Multiplier: 5/6 with Blades

_Attributes_ (85)
(2r/4p) Combat Technique (Judge Opponent, Weapons Encyclopedia)
(4r/8p) Innate Mana (Energy Bonus)
(4r/4p) Features (Speed-reading, Eidetic Memory, Futanari, Cute)
(3r/11p) Cure (Healing, Deplete -1)
(3r/9p) Know What You Forge 1 (Melee Attack: Blades)
(3r/9p) Know What You Forge 2 (Melee Defense: Blades)
(2r/8p) Know What You Forge 3 (Massive Damage: Blades)
(1r/0p) Haste (Special Movement: Fast, Deplete -1, Imbue -1)
(3p) Keyblade: Forge's Embrace (Weapon 3, Continuing 1)
(5p) Ring Mail (AR 10)
(3r/4p) Aero (Ar 6, Deplete -1, Imbue -1)
(3r/7p) Fire (Weapon, Range 1, Continuing 1, Deplete -1)
(3r/7p) Blizzard (Weapon, Range 1, Spreading, Deplete -1)
(3r/8p) Thunder (Weapon, Range 1, Area 1, Indirect, Deplete-1)
(2r/6p) Reflect (Force Field, AR 8, Blocks Incorporeal, Blocks Teleport, Offensive, Imbue -1, Deplete -1, Detectable: Sight -1)
(3p) Lucky Ring (Divine Relationship 3)
(6p) Mythril Ring (Unique Attribute 12p: Half Deplete Costs)
(3p) Engineer's Ring (Unique Attribute 6p: +1 on Metalworking Skills Rolls)
(3p) Health Potion (Healing 2, Consumable -2)
(86p) Unknown Power

_Skills_(8)
(1p/1r) Area Knowledge: Hollow Bastion
(2r/2r) Artisan: Metalworking
(1r/2p) Cultural Arts: Rare Object Appraisal, History, Literature
(1r/1p) Etiquette: Lower Class
(1r/1p) Gaming: Gambling/Card Games
(2r/2p) Writing: Technical

_Defects_(-3)
(-1p) Girl Magnet
(-2p) Not So Tough

Angie

You still have like, half your points to spend, that's what I'm more concerned about.

Katra Alexion

I am calling dibs on Rydia!

Just making it offical   :-*

I should have my character up in a little while, just working out a few kinks with the spells and a summon or two

I wouldn't mind if wanted to play Dark Knight Cecil  >:) Always a thing for C/R (grown) pairing

Angie

Okay, a few extra notes:

1: You may save any number of points to use to spend later.

2: You see those things that say "Maximum Level of Attribute"? Ignore them. Fuck maximums.

Katra Alexion