The Conduit [High Fantasy, World Building, Enemies to Lovers] (M seeking F)

Started by Fedalas, August 16, 2018, 11:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fedalas

Welcome

All future requests for stories will be posted here and if something piques your interest I request that you pm me and refrain from replying to the thread itself.

The Conduit

Summary

Setting: High Fantasy
    Characters: Elves of opposing factions
    Themes: Enemies to lovers, adventure, redemption

Ten thousand years ago two brothers met atop a mountain that sawed a continent in half. It was not out of love that the two embraced, their words were of anger and violence. Arguing whose power was in fact the mightiest. Dense layers of earth rumbled, cracked, sheared free and split across the continent as the brothers collided. Their stamping feed created the plateaus, their sweat the oceans, their howls would foster the winds. At the turn of the last century the brothers agreed to a truce which was tenuous at best.  Neither brother could successfully best the other despite their truest and wholehearted effort. They had spent thousands of years studying one another and leaping from their high kingdoms to wage never ending wars against each other. An eager spectator announced their presence, their sister, who suggested they settle their contest in an exciting new way. Elvahna convinced her brothers to spawn living creatures birthed from their essence and let them demonstrate who truly held the mightier power. Gallio brought into existence the first living creatures that would inhabit the world upon which they battled. A race of High Elves upon whom he bestowed the power of light. They would wield it with clarity, devotion, and from it become the wisest creatures to ever exist. Their homeland of High Leydorei was a vision out of a dream. Rivers shimmered with the clarity and purity of the untouched night sky, mountains capped with snow zig-zagged and separated them from the remainder of the continent. Plains of green and groves aplenty ensured they were fed luxuriously. Cities were built from marble, and their coast was the pearl of the world.

Numerius drew blood from his palm and sprouted to life the race of Dark Elves. No living creature would come to bear the power of dark magic quite the same as the Dark Elves did. Drawing power from a world built upon the misery and suffering of all they deemed unworthy. A hierarchy had established itself seemingly overnight and they had quickly expanded their empire across the northern territories to form the Syllaffene Empire. It was agreed that neither brother would influence how their subjects used their newly discovered powers. Centuries had lapsed by us the brothers watched their disciples wage war upon each other. Other living creatures had found their way into existence, the likely influence of passing spectators who marvelled upon their creations. Often, they donated their touch to this thriving world. Spawning races of humans, dwarves, creatures that were half beast, lizardmen, things that crawled from the swaps. They were but an example of what had come to flourish in this chaotic world.

Greed and anger had possessed Numerius’ heart as he deceived his brother by breaking their age-old agreement as he intervened upon their world. He would give his followers the power of necromancy and quickly saw to their domination over their neighbours. The brothers betrayal was quickly discovered before he could aid his disciples to overpower the High Elves. With the aid of his sister, Gallio subdued their brother before throwing himself into the depths of the underworld with Numerius in tow. Elvahna watched on in horror, her furious cry would bring forth the wrath of all the golds of old. Legend says that the brothers were eventually imprisoned by the other gods, left trapped and awaiting their disciples to one day return the full might of their essence so that they may break free.
    Nearly a thousand years later and what was once bloody battles that threatened the extinction of the world had simmered into a stalemate. The High Elves had long sought to find common ground, but their words of clear wisdom fell upon deaf ears. They reinforced their position and would lose no further land for the years that followed the stalemate. The Dark Elves, also known as the Syllaffenian’s (Sil-laf-feen-ian) or ‘Syls’ in short, had abused their evil magic to further grow their power. Experiments spawned into existence the creation of magical monsters. haunting, clawing, and killing their way across the free world. Slaves were their true currency and lifeline. Building their empire off the backs of those captured across the world, their navy ensuring a steady and secure supply. High Elves were above all the most sought after. Perhaps most important were the continues sacrifices, marching droves of slaves to the Alter of the Night or the ‘Pits’ to give strength to their blood magics.

An empire fuelled by the blood of others did little in the ways of pursuing freedom for their own people. Though most Syllaffenian’s never felt the cold of iron shackles, they lived a life in perpetual servitude to their royalty. Some enslaved themselves to faith, others to the pursuit of glory. Not even the wealthiest were immune to such traps. The poor however would form the bulk of the fuel fed into the all-consuming fires that was the Syllaffenian ambition to conquer the world. The machine always needed bodies to fuel their war machines and those who had given near all had begun to grow weary of the bloodshed. It was a common misconception that malice, evil, and hatred came naturally to all born of Syllaffenian blood, but it was not true. It came as a consequence of their existence, especially those who drank of the ancient blood to power their magic. Only by becoming evil could one wield evil magic. Most citizens had grown disillusioned with the tales of grand conquest, promises of wealth, and salvation by their god.
    One such soul had experienced the taint of his kind upon the world for too long, it eroded at his soul like an illness. Seeking out peace for the rest of his life the Syllaffenian purchased a ship from the wealth he accrued throughout his years. With time and commitment, he developed a successful enterprise through transporting cargo and trading across the vast world. Though despite his best efforts, the reach of his past would never truly let go as the fingers of the Syllaffenian Empire slowly closed in around him.

Key Plot Points

•   My character had previously been a part of an elite group of warriors that were tasked with the purpose of hunting down monstrous creatures across the Syllaffenian Empire.
    •   These creatures were the result of failed mutations derived from magical experiments conducted my Syl mages
    •   Furthermore, they fed off of magic and drew strength from it. In time, these creatures begun to burrow into the ground, nested in swamps, and even at the depths of the sea. Their kind spread and wreaked havoc on any which were unfortunate enough to encounter them.
    •   A time came when the devious minds of mages were able to conjure up ways to use these beasts to their advantage.
    •   Missions went from hunting and irradicating this foul evil, to entrapping it, capturing and returning it to the Enclave.
    •   Mages of the Enclave harvested these monsters and used their organs in potions, some were able to suck the magic from these creatures.
    •   A vile market for entertainment gave rise to demand as well, sporting captured slaves against these beasts in the arenas.
    •   My character quickly gave up his position along with those who had joined this elite group due to their desire to help their fellow living beings and not exploit or torture them.
    •   As mentioned above, my character purchased a vessel and became what can most aptly be described as an independent merchant captain.
    •   One fateful evening him and his crew were preparing to depart the island port city of Stokjar where they had just delivered a shipment of tobacco.
    •   A heavily guarded individual underneath the veil of a purple cloak halted the crew in the final moments before departure.
    •   Everyone could spot the Royal Colours, but what did they want with a merchant captain?
    •   Though my character had long parted any sort of official service – no one is truly ever free of the empire.
    •   The royal envoy delivered orders that he was to sail for Taurivium, one of the major coastal cities along the coast of Lyedorei.
    •   From there, the captain was ordered to sail down the mouth of the Aleesian river and anchor near the town of Lindum.
    •   It was largely a quiet part of the High Elf empire. Mostly rich nobles who owned farms, villas, and came to enjoy the soothing delight of the coastline.
    •   My character is ordered to collect a part of Royal Gramura, a highly secretive organisation that bowed only to the emperor and the religious zealots that had begun to plague the empire.
    •   Though the emperors royal servant could have attempted to force my character and his crew to obey and to conduct the mission, they preferred motivation over fear.
    •   My character and his crew were offered true freedom. If they successfully completed this mission, they would be gifted a healthy sum of gold and a simple piece of paper that would allow them passage beyond Syllaffenian controlled waters.
    •   This is where your character comes into the story!
    •   I don’t want to take a lot of creative liberty away from you, so I’ll just outline the basic concepts I had in mind to fit the characters into this world.
    •   Your character would be a highborn, you can decide to what degree and who the family is.
    •   The Syllaffene Royal Gramura had snuck into your characters estate and kidnapped your character.
    •   The motivation behind this subversive action into High Elf territory is a wee bit long so I will summarise and we can discuss the details when we get to writing the story.
    •   The high priest of the Enclave (who also happened to be the mages) have discovered that they require the blood of a High Elf princess/very specific highborn to initiate the ritual that will set Numerius free.
    •   Although this has been kept highly secretive, your character and her family have made attempts to protect her.
    •   One of these protocols were acquiring servants who looked like her.
    •   During the chaos of guards being slaughtered and the remainder of the servants being enslaved, your character switches clothes with her loyal servant.
    •   The Gamura will henceforth believe that your characters servant is in fact your character.
    •   My character will load the Gamura and very reluctantly take the fresh slaves onboard too.
    •   My character will have some form of past with the leader of this group and there’s all sorts of spicy things that can unfold during their short journey before handing them off to the Royal fleet.
    •   As a personal reward and jab at my character, the leader of the Gamura would inform him that he has left a gift for my character in the hold.
    •   It will be your character!
    •   This is where the story truly begins. My character despises slavery and much of what it meant to be a Syllaffenian.
    •   Lots of sweet, romantic, and massive plot twists await – but I will keep those cards close to my chest for now.

Important
    •   I am dedicating much more time to writing and I ideally like a post rhythm of 1-2 days. I am flexible and understand there may be periods where more time might be needed. I like to have a short turnaround when writing to avoid stagnation as I struggle to stay in-tune with a story if there are major gaps.

Beyond The Veil

Summary

Setting: Fantasy Time Line
    Characters: Mage Princess and Warrior
    Themes: Fantasy, Vampires, Necromancy, Witches, Struggle For Survival

A tenuous illusion of peace had come to rest across the continent of Planuffern. The inhabitants of the shattered continent rallied as one to fight the dark forces which came bellowing from the black depths of the Slauchneasy Mountains. Little was known about what laid beyond those smoky peaks which lined the northern most provinces of the Aswyn Empire, ruled by the great Emperor; Manfred II. Decades had passed since a vampire had last tapped the supple neck of the innocent, yet the peace was tenuous at best. At the centre of the Aswyn Empire stood the beacon of civilisation and safety, the city of Grumore. With time the many races and classes that flocked to the safety of the great capitol became more concerned with their feuds and ill-founded prejudices that the memory of what lingers in the dark drifted into the pages of history.

There were those who did not forget, the last guardians of the empire who stood watch and endured the never ending bitterness of the Provinces. The House of Magantus had vied against the everlasting tide of darkness which rolled down from the mountains every night since humans had come into existence. They ruled themselves independent of the Empire, a subject that is rarely addressed due to the political tension that has existed since The Great Unification that formed Aswyn. The humans hated the Elves, the Dwarves were politically neutral, but all hated the Provinces. A land of dead forests, never ending night, it is said to be the place where wicked souls are bound for eternity as punishment for their crimes. No one knows, or wilfully ignores, the things happening there and spits even the slightest mention of the Provinces. Unbeknown to all; the safety of Aswyn rests entirely on the never-ending watch of the Magantus.

• The Emperor has promised the hand of his daughter to the son of an incredibly wealthy family that owns the majority of the mechanized industry in Grumore City. Growing up as the youngest of the Emperors children, the Princess has zero interest in being a pawn to be used for political gain. Unbeknown to most, she was born with the gift of Ancient Elven magic 
    • The Princess's gift was a secret known only to her mother and the Elven handler that has taught her how to control her powers, to hide them. Magic has become an increasingly frowned upon practice and Anti-Magic Knighthoods have been established to control and in some instances cull mages.
    • The Elven Handler/Teacher convinces the Princess to escape Grumore and Aswyn all together. Knowing nothing of life beyond the safety of the high walls of Grumore the idea of adventure and escape from her impending marriage was all too convincing.
    • Little is known about the motivation of the Elven mage who helps the Princess escape, especially as she awakens in the Provinces. A dark and grim start to her adventure beyond the royal life.
    • It is in the Provinces that the two characters meet. One a Princess and one a mysterious warrior. A son of the Magantus family that patrols the haunted woods and slay fowl beasts.
    • There are a lot of points that are yet to be ironed out, I have a quite a few ideas in mind I'd like to keep close to my chest for the sake of building tension. I'd like to stress that this is NOT a damsel in distress story. The Princess, though not a fire spitting ass kicking mage at first, will grow to become an incredibly formidable force with time.

Oasis

Summary

Setting: Present day
    Characters: Female Scientist and Male Mercenary
    Themes: Post-apocalyptic, survival, conspiracies

Plot Points

• The remnants of human civilization clump together in safe zones as waring nations tear at the broken limbs of their enemies.

• Global tension had boiled over as nations entered into war, all like toppling dominos following their allies into the abyss. This war happened to be funded by a shadow organization which were set to profit largely from all the chaos as they sold arms to all involved.

• The use of nuclear weapons was prohibited but did little to limit the immense destruction of cities and the scars cut into the land.

• Safe zones were formed quickly and walled off with the wealthiest being able to buy a place in the crowded colonies. Everything else beyond those tall walls were simply branded a wasteland filled with savages.

• People banded together, some in dangerous hordes that seek only to kill and wreak havoc on the helpless trapped out in the vast wasteland.

• The establishment/governments want to colonise this wasteland once again to exploit what resources remained after the war.

• There was little regard for those who live beyond the wall, seen as savages and inhuman people in a post-apocalyptic world.

• This shadow organisation sold large arsenals of chemical weapons that were only harmful to humans, causing their lungs to bleed and victims to suffocate in their blood soon after.

• A young woman, a brilliant scientist who once worked for a company owned by this organisation (unbeknown to her) was able to formulate an antidote.

• Fleeing into the wasteland to share her knowledge, to save the lives of as many people as she could. The plans to eradicate humans beyond the walls and safe zones were halted as long as she lived.

• As such a man with a particular set of talents was hired to hunt her down and to return her to the safe zone. Though having her killed would’ve been ideal, they believed she could still be of use alive.
    • He’ll find a half-broken world, cities still standing but vacant traces of humans as the wildlife creeps in to reclaim its domain.

• There are unlimited possibilities, but the main gist is that he will attempt to take her back to the safe zone, she’ll turn him as he wrestles with his conscience.

Characters
    I want to be flexible with this so if you have any interest in the story then please pm me and we can discuss what we like/want in characters etc.

Beneath the Black

Summary

Setting: Early 18th century Earth (alternative history).
    Characters: See below.
    Themes: Conspiracy, Corruption, Piracy, Betrayal, Redemption, Romance.
    O/O

Plot Points

I understand it's quite the read but it'll be worth it

• An undiscovered civilization called the Dumree were encountered by explorers from Western Europe as they ventured further towards the continent of North America.

• Much to their surprise the Dumree were a well developed and civilized people that possessed technology that rivaled theirs. As such, a peaceful approach was preferred especially by the outnumbered explorers. A prosperous trade agreement was signed as a sign of trust and peace much to the delight of both sides.

• The relationship between the quietly expanding Dumree in the west and the empires of Britain, France and Spain continued for nearly three hundred years. However, war across Europe and their subsequent colonies had began to strain their economies. Resources were rationed especially the vital ones such as specialized machinery and weapons which they traded with the Dumree. Subsequently this diminished the value of what the Europeans had to trade and the Dumree had begun to slow shipments across the Atlantic.

• A dwindling trade with the Dumree was bad news for a handful of bureaucrats that obtained their power through generations of amassing wealth by manipulating industries which relied on the trade with Dumree. Families of wealth and power knew that if trade with Dumree collapsed not only would their own empires be at risk but so would their riches.

• The thought of trade collapsing had been especially concerned three advisors who administrated their families vast fortunes. It was aparrant what had to be done to maintain the status quo. A plan convince the world they had just cause to invade and conquer Dumree was starting to take shape.

• The three officials were: Miquel Bergé from Spain, Sir. Charles Henry Baldwin from Britain and Marie-Paule Bonnel from France. More importantly, each held a high ranking position within their respective empires, enough power to sway officials and even monarchs.

• In the late 17th century the trio set in action their plan which included ships and sailors from all three empires who would sail with intentions to trade in Dumree. Unbeknown to the sailors a trap was set by well paid mercenaries funded by the conspirators to sink their ships and murder all but a handful of sailors to ensure they saw the false flag of Dumree flying over the masked men sinking their fleet and murdering their comrades. Thus these survivors could lay truth to the claims that Dumree had started a war.

• Outraged the monarchs demanded the Dumree be reprimanded for their blatant act of war. The Dumree denied any knowledge and having been offended as a nation cancelled all trade which only soaked the imminent fire in gasoline.

• A large-scale treaty was signed between the three empires to unite under a single flag: The Pillars. A large singular military force took formation, only the finest troops and sailors from the three empires had to offer would represent his new force. Like master puppeteers the conspirators controlled the strings of the majority of officers and officials who were leading this new force.

• Two warriors; one from Britain and the other from France became particularly great friends during their time in service. Nathan Callahan was a decorated soldier from England and had spent his early twenties as the head of an experimental unit that specialized in subterfuge and counterintelligence.

• [Your Character] hailed from a prominent noble family in France and worked twice as hard as anyone to prove she was there on the merit of her tremendous skill as a sailor and not just because her family bought her a place in the service.

• The two friends grew closer and quickly became secret lovers as they served as part of an elite unit under the command of Commodore William Charles Baldwin of Britain.

• Over the years Nathan had begun to gather information that shook his believe in the validity of the invasion of the Dumree lands. The longer he spent behind enemy lines the clearer it became that the Dumree had never attacked anyone and that he was the tool of a conquest. 

• Nathan had to be sure and as such he spent months accruing enough evidence to at least support his suspicion. He knew beyond his own men that there is one other who would believe him, at least his heart believed in her. The Commodore, who was a nephew to one of the conspirators, became suspicious of Nathans reports and begun to formulate plans to eliminate him. Nathan confessed all he discovered to [your character] but her principles refused to allow her to accept they might have been in the wrong. She couldn't believe him, no matter how badly her heart wanted to. 

• Both Nathan and [Your Character] had the loyalty of large groups of troops and the chain of command knew they’d have to separate the two before dealing with Nathan. Cornering [Your character] with acquisitions of treason and conspiring with Nathan to undermine the war effort they managed to turn her with promises of excusing her role in his schemes if she testified that he was a traitor..

• Betraying her friend and lover out of fear of her future and the honor of her family. [Your character] watched as The Pillars went to capture and execute Nathan who’d already slipped away into the vast continent.

• Nearly ten years later, the war still raging with a long line being drawn along the east coast as a both forces failed to eliminate the other. Nathan had formed a renegade force that haunted the seas and attempted to disrupt The Pillars war effort as best he could.

• A small fleet of under the command of [Your character] had been dispatched to deal with this renegade force which unbeknown to the world that it was led by Nathan. With her forces crushed against the rocky outcrops and bloodied beaches of his stronghold, she’d come to face the demon she’d help create.

What I'd like from my writing partner

• I require a partner who can bring a scene to life with enough detail to bring a scene to life. Descriptive language is underrepresented.
    • This will be a story driven roleplay so I'd like to write with someone that can reply with a minimum of four paragraphs. I'm flexible depending on the measure of detail because quality is more important than quantity. Blow me away in two sentences and we'll forget about the rest.
    • There will obviously be smut involved but given the nature of the story it won't be the happening in the first few posts so expect a healthy balance.

Characters

I would like their relationship to be something fierce. It's been ten years since they've seen each other so you can only imagine the guilt she's carried around and the animosity Nathan has accrued. However, deep down there's an undeniable love for one another that's like a ticking time bomb waiting to explode.

Nathan

• Character traits: Cynical, Stubborn, Witty, Cunning, Ruthless

Your character

Inspiration: Dallas Bryce Howard

• The concept behind this character is that she's extremely self motivated, passionate,stubborn and intelligent. She's not a naturally submissive person which creates potential for amazing conflict in many areas.
    • The only known weakness of either characters is their affection for one another.
    • Some of this is flexible and I'm happy to entertain alterations to the character. There's quite a lot left undecided to allow you to construct her with the small points I've listed above.

A Rose in the Tempest

Brief Summary

• Universe:Runeterra
    • Characters:Yasuo and Fiora
    • Roleplay Focus:A developing love story (65% story 35% smut)
    • Themes:Internal Struggle, Trust, Love, Passion, War, Exploring
    • On's and Off's:O/O *still in progress

Plot Points

• The world of Runeterra is broken by the unrelenting plague of war brought upon the people by the Noxian Empire, only a handful still resist. The Demacians have entered into an alliance with Freljord in an effort to stem the bleeding of troops to the superior Noxians. Fiora enlisted into the high command of Demacia and formed an elite unit of covert troops to strike at the heart of Noxian operations. Her great success made her a sought after individual and bounties racked up massively in attempts by the Noxians to slow her.

• Yasuo the exile wanders the world with no direction in search of redemption. Stories of his talents are well spoken of at the tents of generals on all sides of the battlefield. Demacia offered to make him a triumphant hero of the people with gold to build a palace but he declined. The Noxians offered him the rule of his conquered homeland yet there was no honor and any of those as he doesn't want redemption from others but wants to forgive himself, which he is yet to discover.

• The roleplay will be mostly about survival and Fiora attempting to return to Demacia whilst Yasuo is still searching for purpose in the world. Throughout their perilous journey Yasuo discovers that Fiora could be that purpose and the two become vulnerable as they influence each-others suborn core beliefs.

• Some idea for an initial encounter would be a scenario where Fiora's squad was slain and she became the captive of a renegade band of Noxians set out to claim vengeance on her body. Yasuo, collecting a bounty on the heads of these renegades or potentially even her intercepts them on the way to their camp and liberates Fiora.

• I'm open to discussion as to how the relationship will be played given that they are both slightly arrogant and proud characters. It can either being a dominant Yasuo and submissive Fiora due to her being at his mercy from being liberated from a certain death but also because the war might've taken a mental toll on her. Over time they open up to one another and grow trusting, influence each other as they grow on the journey to find purpose together. The other potential is their fiery souls constantly clashing, almost fighting constantly only as an act to disguise the prominent influence they have on one another and how they're changing, falling in love for one another.

• Ultimately I'd like it to be a deep love story between the two, filled with all sorts of wild, dangerous and passionate things along the way.

• For those who are unfamiliar with League of Legends have nothing to fret as it's not lore intensive, all that's needed is a minor understanding of the characters whose biographies I'll link below

Interactive Map of Runeterra

[/list][/list]
    It is upon the hills and among the meadows that I think of you the most.

Fedalas

Updates:
    -O/O added (still some work left to be done there)
    -Changed content (consolidated two different threads and made it one)

Fedalas

Fedalas

Fedalas

Fedalas

Fedalas