Any love for Sailor Moon anymore??

Started by EpikBliss, February 21, 2011, 02:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EpikBliss

I am consdiering starting a group Sailor Moon RP that has literally very little, and yet alot to the with the whole series. it's a plot and an origional character(s) that I have been working on since I was 13. I am now 23, so least to say I am anxious to get this story going now that I am back on Elliquiy.

So this thread is to check if there is any interest at all for a more adult oriented plot for the Sailor Moon cast and a few major extras???

Hit me up with a PM telling me your favorite scout, season (S, Super S, R, Stars ect) and why. :) Or just reply to the thread that works too lol. Hope to see home interest, if I do I will post the plot and get things going on the forum.
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

EpikBliss

O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Major Major

Hold your horses there, man, it's only been up for a few hours.

My favourites? Hmm.. Makoto and Setsuna.

EpikBliss

Setsuna is beautiful and devine. And the five origionals are always favorites of mine XD My all time favorite is Queen Serenity. :) Patience has never been my strong suit. lol
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Major Major

Funny thing, you know. Me and a buddy have ourselves a small 'fan-verse' which features Sailor Moon in a large role.

Sethala

Hm... it's been a long time since I watched any Sailor Moon.  Don't really remember much of it, to be honest, but I might be interested in something like this, depending on what will be involved.

Bloody Rose

EpikBliss

Wonderful! I'll get started on typing yp my idea right away. I am glad there is still some interest in Sailor Moon! I just re-watched the enitre series lol XD
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

ShadeOfGray

Back when I was 13 I ran a D&D/Sailor moon hybrid that was pretty much shamelessly just putting senshi vs. dragons and stuff...   Non-ero of course.

Began light-hearted,  but actually got pretty epic by the end.  With the Senshi traveling through time (w/ Pluto's assistance, of course) to topple a rogue sailor saturn, who had already killed them all in an alternate future..

I don't know where I was going with that.

I'm a bit suprised people are still finding out about Sailor moon nowadays, I mean It was an entry level drug back when I was that age (I still have my old VHS dub tapes recorded from USA network..somewhere....) and now it's almost 15 years later. 

I just made myself feel really old.

I'll do this so this wasn't completely rambling:

Senshi: Pluto (Trademark dark and mysterious, cool, beautiful) or Moon... well, she's just so damn cute and good-hearted. 

Series: In order of preference:

Stars (Best, most epic villain by far, got totally grimdark toward the end, general sweetness) >
S (Outers being Outers, awesome) >
R (Decent Villain cast, Black Lady) >
Original (Mostly meh...  Though I really really liked the episode with Nephrite's death and the Naru thing) >
Super S (... Silly enemies, no outers, what happened...)
Between young and old, Between was and be
Between dark and light, Between you and me
This pleasant shade of gray.. (O/O)
(Idea Thread)

Major Major

THe only thing is, Toei won't reissue it on DVD anymore, and since the original dub butchered the series so badly.....

pendarious

the origional dub was brutal butchery..I mean.......i was a fan of sailor moon when i was like 5.......it's been 14 years since.....of course i'm still a fan....I watched all the dubs as they came out........at the time i didn't realize how horribly wrong it was.....until i found the origional japanese versions with subs of course then i realized the utter crime comitted by the dubbers. none the less......I loved all of the seasons....well Stars was a little off kilter for me at the time because i wasn't as openminded then as I am now but never the less.

favorite scouts? Rei and Minako *laughs*
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

EpikBliss

Working on the request thread now. It may take a day or two, theres alot to cover. I find it interesting that the gents so far still enjoy a good sailor moon fest. I adore the japanese series, but the english iswhat I grew up with. I am trying to do my best with the verse I've imagined for so long. :)
O/O's

Seeking 2 New Roleplays

Xenolord

Sailor Moon was my gateway anime, and it still holds a large chunk of my heart. If you're plannin' on doin' this, and you need another person, I'm not afraid to jump in.

As for my favorites, it's a toss-up between Makoto and Ami, with a slight edge to Makoto. As for series... I'm not sad to say I thought the original was the best, with R and Super S right behind.

LadyDiscord

Oh my god I love Sailor Moon. I actually watched the whole series a few months back and I'm 21. I use to watch it when I was little. Rini and Lita were my favorite and I love Sailor Moon S: Heart's in Ice.
Join my village and make money.
✔✦✘

Major Major

That actually brings up a good point; do we use the original names, or the dub names?

pendarious

Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

Major Major

Particularly as some of the dubbed versions had radically different personalities to the original versions.

LadyDiscord

That's true. The question is what is everyone most familiar with?
✔✦✘

Major Major

I'm more familiar with the Japanese version, and especially the Manga version; though I like to mix and match the manga and the original anime to help make things make more sense.

pendarious

i'm equally familiar with both myself though i'd have to look up the names from time to time

LadyDiscord

I like both versions also, but I'm more familiar with the English version, names and personalities.
✔✦✘

Major Major

That'll be awkward then; The dub version of Sailor Mars, Raye, was a complete bitch (if you'll pardon my language) to Serena with an eye on her position. In the original Japanese version, Rei was one of Usagi's most loyal supporters, although she did enjoy snarking at her more bone-headed moments.

And let's not even get into the "They're Cousins" arguement about Sailor Neptune and Sailor Uranus....

pendarious

yeah......i agree with the major on that one and then of course there is always that whole confusing mess with chibiusa who in the origional japanese was clearly stated as Usagi's daughter from the beginning where as in the english dub she is introduced as her sister then they travel into the future do some stuff there and then when chibiusa comes back later she's suddenly usagi's daughter instead of sister......talk about wall banger moments in english dub history.

LadyDiscord

Wait. What? chibiusa a sister? I missed that part. Rei may have been a bit snooty, but we all know the real reason. She cares for Usagi or Serena and wants her to take things more seriously is all.
✔✦✘

pendarious

yeah she said she was sereena's little sister when they first introduced her.......of course this is in the english dub. the japanes version was clear from the get go that she was usagi's daughter.