Mannik's maniacal search for Sci-Fi

Started by mannik, March 27, 2013, 06:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannik

Right, so since my recent games either died, got put on hold, or otherwise slowed to a crawl...I'm looking to start up a new one. At the moment, as the thread titles suggests, I'm craving a science fiction themed game. I've got a few plot bunnies floating about my head, but nothing really concrete. Just vague ideas or settings I'd like to try.

The reason I didn't include (M seeking whatever) in the topic is simply because I do not care what so ever what the physical gender of my writing partner is, so long as they can portray their characters well. However, that said, I am not really into Male on Male. Just about anything else though, I'd be willing to do.

Now, on to the plot bunnies!

Predator

I love the predator movies. One of my all time favorites. As such, I am greatly interested in any RP revolving around these interplanetary bad asses.

Got two ideas revolving around them. The first one is loosely based on the AvP comics. Basically A woman in charge of security for one of Weyland-Yutani's mining colonies is put through hell when a predator clan ship arrives in orbit and 'seeds' the planet in preparation for a blooding hunt. After a long and hard struggle against the xenomorphs she proves her strength and honor to the clan's leader and is offered a place among them.

The second idea is a bit more vague, but would revolve around a young male, only recently blooded, trying to catch the eye of a female aboard his clan's ship. This would of course involve lots of hunting and killing to find a trophy good enough to prove his strength and honor to her.

X-com

Anyone who's played any of the games would know the basic premise. Aliens invade, a secret military organization is set up to stop them.

The first idea in this setting follows a young woman who's abducted by the aliens and the bizarre, sexual experiments they perform on her.

Second idea would follow a squad of soldiers as they attempt to push back the alien threat. Simple, but leaves plenty to work with.

Of course I'd be happy to hear any ideas you may have as well. I'm more than happy to bounce ideas back and forth to craft a story/premise that can intrigue us both.

Silk