News:

Main Menu

7th Sea is coming back

Started by HairyHeretic, November 03, 2015, 03:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

Well I plan to read them all first. :p But I'm playing in a solo 7th Sea game off of E with a friend (on and off, admittedly... haven't done as much writing recently due to RL stuff) so we may "update" it to 2nd Ed if a lot changes. Or we'll start a new one. Who knows.

I'm also debating working on a campaign for my table top group once we get through the current campaign I'm running for D&D 5e, or we just get bored and need/want a new setting.
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

AllieCat

Was so glad to see this! :) Hopefully I can save a bit of money before BackerKit opens and update my pledge ;)

Wheeler97

I couldn't back more than the $60 level for the hardcover book and all the pdfs... I had another Kickstarter I backed for a little more than 3x that amount that ended just two days prior for my favorite board (technically, card) game ever.

HairyHeretic

So, since the kickstarter backer should have received the preview PDFs, what do people think about the changes to the world and the system?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

AllieCat

I like it. I really like it. I so want to play/run a game of it.

Funniest image in the book: A man of Innismore having an angry staredown.. with his horse.

Two swordsmen kissing (yes, MEN).

System is a bit different then first edition, but running NPC's and villains is very very easy. (Villains have one stat, their strength, and whenever they roll to do risks (say, against the players), that's how many dice they roll)

HairyHeretic

I'd like to have a go at it myself, but unfortunately I have no interest in playing my Vesten with the changes made. I can sort of accept the merging of Vendel and Vesten, but the removal of laerdom annoys me greatly. I'm hoping it goes back in when they get around to country books.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Lux12

Is it weird that I want them to get rid of the old sorcerous blood line magic system? As an occultist it was something that always bothered the living crap out of me.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Lux12 on June 13, 2016, 08:15:15 PM
Is it weird that I want them to get rid of the old sorcerous blood line magic system? As an occultist it was something that always bothered the living crap out of me.

The one that ties in with the bargainers (like porte and sorte) or the ones that seem to be non-bargainer magic (like glamour), or all of the above?

I'm also not happy that they've changed Vesten and Laerdom, though I have to look at the new book yet.

AllieCat

A link to the final PDF has been sent to backers, the PDF is going on sale to non-backers sometime next week, and a 7th sea rpg video game has been announced (like Torment Tides of Numenera)

And of course, the books are being printed now! (happy dances)

Bloodied Porcelain

MY BOOK CAME YESTERDAY!

I would have posted about it when it did, but I was too busy geeking out and reading as much as humanly possible in one sitting. And cooing and oohing and ahhhing over the pretty Pirate Edition cover.

Mostly unrelated, but I was also given a gorgeous, nifty journal as a gift by a D&D buddy. Yesterday was like fucking nerd-Christmas. Nerdmas.

I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

Bloodied Porcelain

I've been reading. Lots of changes. I'm loving the changes to Eisen.

And I still struggle to pronounce Vestenmennavenjar.

AmberStarfire

Your pirate copy is awesome. :) We got ours too (only the regular edition).

I haven't read much of it yet, just browsed it. There's a lot I like from what I've seen so far, but I'm not hugely thrilled with some of the changes. For instance, the Vesten magic/shamanism system and the 'demotion' of Sophia's Daughters. I haven't read deeply enough to determine if they've written out a lot of their back-history, but it looks like it.

I am going to run a 2nd ed game but I'm planning to include some bits and pieces from 1st ed that I liked more or didn't want to lose, rather.

Wheeler97

I got my book on Monday and am really excited to try a game... play by post might be really fitting for this as it is so narrative based.

I'm a newcomer to 7th Sea, so I can't compare new to old. At least, I haven't read through or even downloaded all the 1st Edition PDFs.

AmberStarfire

The 1st Ed PDFs are definitely worth downloading and checking out. There's a lot of information there in the books that isn't included or is only suggested lightly in the core rulebook, so there's a lot you could gain from them. Some of the books in particular are wonderful. :)

I bought a number of them, in PDF, hardback and paperback, so I consider having that many official PDFs is a bit like a treasure trove.

HairyHeretic

The kickstarter had a complete set of 1st ed PDFs at .. I think the $60 and up backer level.

Cattle die, kinsmen die

Wheeler97

Everything $40+ got all PDFs, of both 1st and 2nd Editions. $60+ included at least the physical copy of the book.

I need to take the time to download everything...