Would an X-men SL/Game/RP be asking for too much?

Started by Mistiq, April 08, 2006, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mistiq

I see I lot of D&D and have seen some Power Rangers, which is a big suprise to me. I don't know, as I haven't took time out to check, how many games from T.V. shows and Tabletops there are here. However suddenly I seem to be craving a game based of ethier one of the X-men cartoons, comics (would be rare for me), or even games (To my knowledge there are only two X-men RPGs and I own them both.) I know this asking for a lot, and I highly doubt I will find any one, but it never hurts to ask I guess. I have a mess of odd and common character pairings I want to experiment with and if you need any information of the characters (at least in the comics) I will link the Marvel directory. http://www.marveldirectory.com/directory.htm one can find information on any character but looking up the first letter of their code man in the individuals section.

Rayve13

I'm all over comic characters. I'm more of a DC buff right now, but I know my way around the Marvel universe as well, and I love superhero/villain (any mix) pairings/groupings. Count me as highly interested.

LordAnubis

X-men isn't too much to ask.  I'm more than willing to play in an x-men game.

monkeygirl

bisexual and submissive

espeically likes BDSM, beastiality, pain play, humilitaion, exhibitionism, good writing!  oh!  And becoming quickly obssessed with the idea of tentacles - shame on you people ;D

Natalie C. Barney

If the kinky Monkeygirl is in the captivating NatalieBarney is.

I even have a character idea TENTACLE WOMAN sexier than Doctor Octopus and a heroine. Her mutant power will be Bi-gender Pheromones (basically gives off a sexy sent that stimulates men and women to pleasant effect) and Computer Linking (psionics~ which is used on her tentacles). The tentacles will be mechanical just like Doctor Octopus armored, antimagnetic and made out of superalloy. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Also anyone other than me really waiting for the thrid X-Men Movie? It look awesome.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

monkeygirl

*smiles*  I loved the first two movies... I used to have a crush on Kitty pryde, though - I wish they'd given her a bigger part :)   
bisexual and submissive

espeically likes BDSM, beastiality, pain play, humilitaion, exhibitionism, good writing!  oh!  And becoming quickly obssessed with the idea of tentacles - shame on you people ;D

Darwishi

Looks like she's running away from Juggernaut in the third movie.  Also, I might like to play in this game...are original characters allowed?  I have a couple that would be interesting so long as there's a powerful villain of somesort.

LordAnubis

I can admit I thought Kitty pryde was hot, and probably still do. lol.

Good question about original characters, cause if there is, I am slightly conflicted about finding a standard character, or bring in my character whose armor I use for my image.. decision decisions.

Mindhazingsquid

Kitty is alright, I personally had a crush on Rahne from New Mutants.
I would be game for a Marvel or Marvel based game.  The X-men, in my oppinion, might be a bit limiting.  I mean does anyone actually like Cyclops?

LordAnubis

If by like you mean, would like to see him get hit by a car... yes.  If you mean like as in as a character.. well.. lol.

LadyFox

Count me in.  Either OC or canon.  I have this thing for Songbird.... not an X-chick, but she's fun... creating solid sound objects with ehr voice?  ooooooooh, the possibilities... not to mention the hypnotic voice....
She is my broken doll
She lost all her pieces in a big fall
She can't discover
That I will never let her recover

Mindhazingsquid

The only excuse I can give Cyclops is that he does have brain damage (the reason he can't turn off his power) from a bad landing falling out of a plane.  Even so, that's no reason he should miss something he only has to look at.

Rayve13

So much hate for Cyc...I feel bad for the guy, I really do. He's not my favorite character, but I can't say that I hate him. Always felt he was the character the average reader was supposed to identify with (and Kitty on the women's side). My hatred is reserved for Wolverine, mainly because I hate all the fanboy/girl obsession over him and the tendency Marvel has to make him way overpowered.

Anyway, I can do X-Men or Marvel or Marvel/DC combined world easily, with many, many characters playable.

X-Men: Forge, Bishop, Psylocke (if a lady was needed, though that doesn't seem likely)
General Marvel: Ironman, Mach 5, the Goblyn Queen (Madeyline Pryor, can provide story & pic if needed), several others as needed.

I'll deal with DC if it's open.

Natalie C. Barney

One of my favorite character in Marvel is Doctor Strange you have to love the flowery speech. My other one I really like is Mockingbird lots of training, cool staves and lots of heart. Generally I like the lower powered ones they seem to have more realistic fights and all like Spiderman.

Did anyone see the Fantastic 4 movie I think that was very nice even though Doctor Doom was NOT a mutant in the comics.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Rayve13

Agreed on Dr. Strange, he's an old favorite of mine, though I like DC's Dr. Fate almost as much. And I tend to favor training/armor type heros over mutants and increadibly powerful people. The Black Knight was an old favorite I forgot earlier on my earlier list, and to a lesser degree Hawkeye. DC's Arsenal is way up there as well.

NEver saw the FF movie. Not my favorite Marvel series, and Jessica Alba (while I love her to death), does not look like Sue Storm at all.

Mistiq

Quote from: LordAnubis on April 09, 2006, 03:22:17 AM
If by like you mean, would like to see him get hit by a car... yes.  If you mean like as in as a character.. well.. lol.
LOL, Slim is bossier than man in everything I have played and read. I would second that, but...I'd feel I bit evil.

I wouldn't care if DC and other Marvel characters were involved ethier, as long as it doesn't go all Marvel vs. Capcom on me. That is to say, I never got the point of that game. I don't think it's right to make a fighting game without a point, a story you know....let me stop before I give a speech.

Rayve13

Stop and know that you are understood. At least there's a precident for DC/Marvel corssover (various knockoffs of one anotehr's characters and the short lived Amalgam run). Once things become more defined, since you seem to have a pretty impressive response number here, I'll settle on someone/something.

Xerial

Damn... with the mention of a Marvel/DC crossover, my brain is torn in three... well, at least three... torn between Batman (I mean c'mon, the guy's got balls of brass, toys or not), Wolverine ('cause he's Canadian, yo), or one of my own concoctions... of which I have a half dozen or so...

Rayve13

Quote from: Xerial on April 09, 2006, 02:28:30 PM
Damn... with the mention of a Marvel/DC crossover, my brain is torn in three... well, at least three... torn between Batman (I mean c'mon, the guy's got balls of brass, toys or not), Wolverine ('cause he's Canadian, yo), or one of my own concoctions... of which I have a half dozen or so...
Plenty of other Canadians than Wolvie. Sasquatch (can turn into a sasquatch, not one all the time), Vindicator, Puck, Shaman. Check out some Alpha Flight sometime (they need someone to read it!) ;D

Natalie C. Barney

So many possibilities. Why not open it up further why not include The Shadow, The Green Hornet, Troma Heroes and Villians and those of other sources?

Example Tarzan, The Shadow, Rocketman, Sky Captain (updated to the current age maybe is a souped up Raptor) and other sorts of Pulpish Heroes. Sherlock Holmes might also be a nice touch backed by modern technology. Also the League of Extraordinary Gentleman sort of theme a vampire with a good heart or someone might be fun.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darwishi

I don't think a DC/Marvel crossover is a good idea, but that's up to the GM I suppose.  Also, I don't think it'd be wise to play Wolverine, Batman, or even Superman, all of us are going to have a different take on how those characters should be played and none of us are going to agree on that way.  It'll just cause a lot of friction where there shouldn't be any. 

I do think that original characters should be encouraged at the very least, but then again, I'm not the GM.  Anyway just giving my two cents, I like playing a powerful female character, so long as there is someone to actually fight against as her equal. 

monkeygirl

I like the idea of being able to play original characters as well - just think it would be more fun to create someone new - I, myself, have an idea in mind for a super power - sort of a static electricity that becomes more powerful the more my heroine becomes sexually charged  :)
bisexual and submissive

Xerial

Rayve - I know there are plenty of Canadian heroes, eh... but Wolverine's the baddest of the bad, and the deepest of all of the X-Men, plus he gets all the hotties...

Natalie - Straying into the realm of pulp and other fiction muddies the waters quite a bit, perhaps too much to make some kind of coherant plot... which of course is the problem with a DC/Marvel crossover as well, so Batman'd be out for me...

Darwishi - Crossover's can be a sticky issue, aye, but if canon characters are going to be allowed, there shouldn't be a restriction to who can be played, at least in my mind's eye. I've other possibilities, though... Iceman's always been a favorite... or hell, if I'm gonna get kinky, Multiple Man's a riot... and Nightcrawler, well, yeah...

...'course I could just pull out an original... Thom Payne, or Flagwaver maybe...

Monkey - Mmm, power charged by arrousal... hate to see her lover's hair after a shattering orgasm...

Rayve13

Overall, I'm content to leave my DC heros behind in the interest of keeping things easy to manage. Same could be said for indy and originals, if we're looking to make things easy.

In the end, I leave it all in Mistiq's hands, so long as I get to play!

monkeygirl

Quote from: Xerial on April 09, 2006, 06:56:14 PM
Monkey - Mmm, power charged by arrousal... hate to see her lover's hair after a shattering orgasm...

Think about it - she'd have become celebate in order to protect those around her - of course, that has the effect of all those pent up needs slowly building up with in her.   :)
bisexual and submissive