Issues with Computer Connecting to E?

Started by VioletPanda, May 10, 2017, 07:35:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VioletPanda

So, randomly around 4pm today, my computer is no longer connecting to E. I didn't change any of my settings, it just won't connect to E. Any suggestions what I can do to fix this? It's difficult to type on my phone.
Current Muse: Meh, not super driven right now

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Life in Color

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 10, 2017, 07:35:41 PM
  So, randomly around 4pm today, my computer is no longer connecting to E. I didn't change any of my settings, it just won't connect to E. Any suggestions what I can do to fix this? It's difficult to type on my phone.

What's the error message?

VioletPanda

Quote from: Life in Color on May 10, 2017, 11:12:48 PM
What's the error message?

Restarting my computer seems to have fixed whatever the issue was. How odd.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Vekseid

Could you describe what happened?

A bit error in DNS could have screwed with things.

VioletPanda

Um, let's see

It said 'The site cannot be reached'
And recommended I check my internet connection, proxy, and run a scan to figure out what was wrong. I ran that and it found no errors.

My A/A PageMy O/Os

Flower

Just FYI, Elliquiy wasn't reachable for me this morning. It was saying something about a connection error at first. Then, it just spun around and around without really loading anything before it gave up.

Drake Valentine

Yes, sometimes the site is just down in general due to service issues. Not often, I seen it a few times; not sure by ya'lls timeframe as I don't think I was on-on.

Of course if you were able to reach it by phone then and couldn't with the comp at the time, then it may of been some issue with said computer.

But if it is offline-offline, you wouldn't be able to reach it with any device.

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Vekseid

I was rebooting to apply a security patch

Blonde

This is currently happening to me. I can access through my phone but laptop just won't connect.
On&Off's | Request Thread NewestV.1 && V.2 | Visual Index | Gif Index

Vekseid

What error are you getting, exactly?

Is your phone accessing E through your wifi?

ZephyrInk

Quote from: VioletPanda on May 11, 2017, 02:01:17 AM
Um, let's see

It said 'The site cannot be reached'
And recommended I check my internet connection, proxy, and run a scan to figure out what was wrong. I ran that and it found no errors.

I've been having the exact same problem for a week now :/
The site loads at times but also goes to the error page that says:
This site can’t be reached
The connection was reset.
Try:
•   Checking the connection
•   Checking the proxy and the firewall
•   Running Windows Network Diagnostics
ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

It doesn't reload when I hit the 'reload' button and I have to retype the address for it to go back to the login page. All other sites are working.
As for browsers Firefox just refuses to even load the site. It works on Chrome but yes, the error page still shows up.   

Avis habilis

Sounds like your firewall hates E for some reason. Could your admin have added the address to a block list?

Vekseid

It's also possible for a misbehaving router to trigger our firewall, though that's rare these days.