Sword Art Online (Freeform -Recruiting Currently Closed)

Started by Daril, July 01, 2014, 06:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daril

I realize the last few attempts at a SAO RPG have all died quickly, but I'd sort of like to try another one.  Who here is interested in doing a SAO RPG and thinks they will also be able to post fairly regularly?  I'm looking for a GM and a small group of players (I want to limit the size of the player base to prevent the game from getting stalled)

Game details would ultimately be up to the GM, but I'm thinking we'd start off at the beginning of Aincrad and possibly do some timeskips later.  Ideally I would like to do this as a yuri (f/f) rpg but I imagine it has a better chance of success with a more mixed cast.

Also for those who have participated in these games with me before I am planning to do a new character this time rather than just recycling a previous one.

StormRanger779

I rather like the idea of a SAO RPG, and you can could me in!!! Also, Having a Yuri (f/f) really wouldn't capture a lot of attention, but that doesn't mean you can't have it in the game, and a mixed cast would make it more appealing to other players.

Zaer Darkwail

I had tried SoA in past with system (tried a 'DnD Online') but did not quite work out. I would like get in either as player or retry as GM if there would be interest.

Daril

Quote from: StormRanger779 on July 01, 2014, 06:57:58 PM
I rather like the idea of a SAO RPG, and you can could me in!!! Also, Having a Yuri (f/f) really wouldn't capture a lot of attention, but that doesn't mean you can't have it in the game, and a mixed cast would make it more appealing to other players.

Well yes, as I noted in my first post the rpg will probably have a better chance of success with a mixed cast.  I figured doing it as a yuri RPG likely wasn't going to fly but I thought I'd mention the idea.

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on July 01, 2014, 07:08:05 PM
I had tried SoA in past with system (tried a 'DnD Online') but did not quite work out. I would like get in either as player or retry as GM if there would be interest.

I should probably have mentioned that I was thinking of doing this as a freeform RPG.  Would you still be interested in playing or GMing if that was the case?

Belisuavious

I just finished watching the series, so I'd be interested.

apygoos

you just finished season 1 just in time for season 2 kicking off at the endof the week
i personally don't like systems, and would it be sword art, ALO, or even GGO?

Vaulera

Hey there! I don't remember if you were in the same game as me before, but I really enjoyed the SAO roleplays that I got into, so count me in.

pendarious

I guess I can join either as GM or a player I don't care which.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?
Revolver Ocelot: *shrug* Practice.
—The Last Days Of FOXHOUND

Silk

I'll put down interest as well, although I'm also somewhat guilty in the last ones, due to either the RP being slow to a point of losing interest, or RL happenings.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Daril on July 01, 2014, 09:14:07 PM
I should probably have mentioned that I was thinking of doing this as a freeform RPG.  Would you still be interested in playing or GMing if that was the case?

Well, I would still be interested. Although cases of conflict need determined somehow as SoA is heavily combat based when speaking of progress in plot (get higher levels in the tower or progress in the game and such). It's after all anime based on people being stuck inside MMO with lethal effects on if you loose combat (the first season anyways).

Anyways I do agree a mixed cast gets more results than pure yuri based cast. But it's up to GM as I have preference being a player more than GM.

Daril

Quote from: pendarious on July 02, 2014, 01:12:28 AM
I guess I can join either as GM or a player I don't care which.

You sure you want to GM knowing how much of a pain in the ass I can be as a player?  ;D

But sure, if you think you've got the time to GM a game like this then I'd love to have you do it.  Do you think you've got the time to be able to GM a game where people will (hopefully) be posting pretty regularly?

pendarious

Just remember you said it not me lol.

as for time while I may not exactly be able to post until the ungodly am hours due to various issues (using the PS3 for ooc isnt as difficult but IC posts are near impossible) but I can definitely monitor things til I can. I'll also be taking a less involved approach this time....Ie not running a full time character.
Psycho Mantis: You must spend every day pretending to act like you're falsely letting on that you aren't not unbetraying someone you don't not purport to allegedly not work for but really do! How do you keep all this shit straight without having an aneurysm?

zergmuncher

I am interested and at the same time a little nervous. The last couple SAO Rpg games having died so quickly as was mentioned in the interest check. But i'm still in if you'll have me Daril.

Daril

Quote from: pendarious on July 02, 2014, 01:37:02 PM
Just remember you said it not me lol.

as for time while I may not exactly be able to post until the ungodly am hours due to various issues (using the PS3 for ooc isnt as difficult but IC posts are near impossible) but I can definitely monitor things til I can. I'll also be taking a less involved approach this time....Ie not running a full time character.

I wasn't expecting you to be ready to post 24/7, just that you'd be able to post frequently enough to keep things moving for a group of players who are supposed to be posting fairly regularly.

Anyway if you think you're up for this why don't we start an OOC thread so that people can start working on their characters?

Quote from: zergmuncher on July 02, 2014, 01:53:05 PM
I am interested and at the same time a little nervous. The last couple SAO Rpg games having died so quickly as was mentioned in the interest check. But i'm still in if you'll have me Daril.

Its actually the GM who should probably be deciding who is approved and who isn't.  But for my part I'm concentrating a lot on whether people think they'll be able to post regularly, since I don't want this game to stall and die early on like the last few.   I'm not expecting breakneck speed but I want to keep things moving without a lot of long waits.

Silk

The main thing needed for that is to get the introductions wrapped up quickly. In all honesty I think the best bet to get things moving for the group is to go past the meeting eachother part. because that's what the last couple of games got hung up on.

pendarious

she has a point....early on I'll set up a post that gets everyone together this time and just run with it from there.

Daril

Although I joined in later the first SAO RPG I got involved with started off with a group of solo players banding together and taking on one of the lower level floor bosses.  Perhaps we could try something along those lines.  Or possibly a few people could meet right at the beginning of the game after Kayaba's announcement is made.  If not before -it could be rather interesting to see people's reactions when their party member's real identities are revealed.

At any rate, I think it would be good to get an OOC thread going and start coming up with some characters (or are most of the rest of you planning to reuse character from past games?).

pendarious

the OOC will be up when it's up just be patient darnit. First of All I do need to know one thing....what section do yall want to put this under?

Daril

As long as I have control over what my own character gets involved with I'm probably good with just about anything except Extreme.  So let's see what the others have to say on the matter.

Silk

My personal suggestion, we are a group of beta players who have decided to meet up again at official release.

Zaer Darkwail

Aye, I agree on Silk; that our chars all are beta players who know each other in RL (via internet) and met during beta and decided group up during official release.

Silk

It'll also give us a reason behind why were "better" than average without needing some kind of flangy reason behind it

pendarious

ok everyone can be Beta testers I'm fine with that....though that doesn't exactly tell me what section we are putting this in.

the vote so far marks off extreme but I'm waiting for the majorities vote here.

Silk

I say NC-exotic really. As far as the confines of the games go, there's no blood, no toilets and stuff that would fall under ex anyway.

pendarious