LFG for Final Fantasy D6 (Recruitment is closed)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, March 08, 2015, 12:04:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReijiTabibito

Lockepick

I'm pretty much all over the place. Looking at Dark Night, Geomancer, Entertainer, and Samurai...
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Zaer Darkwail

I myself go for red mage or blue mage. If someone goes devoted white/black mage I likely lean more to blue mage. As question; blue mages get 1 novice spell, so do we get 2 then according char gen?

Angie

Okay quick question-how do I determine Accuracy? I'm pretty much done save for gear, so...I need to know Accuracy.
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

ReijiTabibito

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on March 16, 2015, 06:34:01 PM
I myself go for red mage or blue mage. If someone goes devoted white/black mage I likely lean more to blue mage. As question; blue mages get 1 novice spell, so do we get 2 then according char gen?

Zaer?  You wanna hash this out away from the main thread and see if we can't come to some sort of agreement, seeing as how we're after the same jobs?

ReijiTabibito

Guys?  Quick go-round of the table for player input.  I was going over my character concept (minus Job, of course), and I wanted to see what people thought about fitting jobs for it.  I'd prefer someone with a mystical bent to them, of course.

The basic gist is: a combination of two FF6 characters - Setzer & Shadow - and one from FF9, Amarant Coral.  To sum - Mysterious Airship-Owning Roguish Type for Hire.  Lots of mysterious statements and innuendos (particularly when the ladies are around).  Make sure he's well-aged in an oak barrel full of deepest, richest noir and you get the idea.

Eislynn

Quote from: lockepick on March 16, 2015, 04:48:03 PM
Couple of questions!

I think I'm still leaning towards Darknight -- but if we end up with all martial types, and I see a prestige class I like, I might go something else...

1) Are we posting our applications here, or PMing them?
2) Are people using drawn face-claims or real life ones?

1. Go ahead and post apps here for now, we'll be making an accepted character sheets thread soon enough.
2. For a game like this, let's keep character art as actual art. I think drawn images suit the material better, eh?

slowmojoe

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 06:46:06 PM
Okay quick question-how do I determine Accuracy? I'm pretty much done save for gear, so...I need to know Accuracy.

Accuracy is simple. It is a job based stat to which you add half level.

JOB BONUS + (LEVEL/2)

Rounding is always down, except 0=1.

EXAMPLE: A level 10 Dragoon would have an accuracy of 7

2 (dragoon job)  + 5 ( half of 10)  = 7.

slowmojoe

Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 04:56:25 PM
Well Paladin is like, some magic. Although Dean leans towards the fighting stuff, his only spells are Cure (which I can cast exactly ONCE!) and Chivalry (so you guys can get away when tits go inevitably up). He's also taking Leadership, so we're all gonna be immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm!

Two handed weapons have the Huge property. All huge weapons are two handed.

Here you go:

Practice two handed sword  Cost: 150g.
Tier 1 Huge weapon.

ReijiTabibito

Except Huge is its own category, and I don't think Paladins get proficiency in that.

Angie

Quote from: ReijiTabibito on March 16, 2015, 08:41:14 PM
Except Huge is its own category, and I don't think Paladins get proficiency in that.

We get Arcane, Blade, and Reach.

Also, we only get 1 Novice spell at level 1 instead of 2 like I thought. So I'll have just Chivalry.

ReijiTabibito

Reach isn't huge, but if you're going for big weapon types, those could work.  Reach is weapons like halberds and things like that.

Revelation

It should also be noted that if one really wants huge (or other) weapon types theres the weapon training ability which lets you use 2 new weapon types

Angie

Well, here's the First Draft:

PLAYER NAME: Angiejuusan
LEVEL: 1
RACE: Human
JOB: Paladin
CHARACTER NAME: Harold Dean
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://blog.friendster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Warrior.png
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS: Set up an academy for combat and white magic for any and all interested.
FLAVOR QUOTE: I will stand within the darkness so you may enjoy the light.

DESTINY POINTS: 1

ATTRIBUTES:
PWR: 7
RES: 8
DEX: 3
MND: 7

HP: 30
MP: 9

FORCE: 3
FINESS: 2

ARM: 6
M.ARM: 6
ACC: 2
AVD: 8

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Squire’s Longsword/RES/8+2d6/Reliable (reroll once a Combat)
SHIELD: Squire’s Shield/ 2/ 2/ +2 to AVD
ARMOR: Chainmail/ 4/ 4/ Medium Armor
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:

SKILL         
Athletics   4        
Awareness   2   
Escape   2      
Inquiry   2   
Negotiation   2   
Perform   2      
Swimming   2          
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      

ABILITIES: Cover: Take blows meant for another.
Leadership: Allies are immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm unless they chose to be affected
Shield of Light: Once per combat, make Armor Indestructible and become immune to Knockback and Spell Loss. If attacked (or if my Covered Target is attacked), respond with 8 (x Armor Tier) +2d6 Holy Damage and strike target Blind even if they’re immune.

SPELLS: Chivalry

EQUIPMENT: Squire’s Longsword
Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: 200 gil

I haven't bought anything besides his starting gear, which is all Tier 1 just given fancy names instead of "Practice X".

ReijiTabibito

Joe?  Katida?  How is travel usually handled in this particular world?  Airships?

slowmojoe

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Quote from: Angiejuusan on March 16, 2015, 08:55:29 PM
Well, here's the First Draft:

PLAYER NAME: Angiejuusan
RACE: Human
JOB: Paladin
CHARACTER NAME: Harold Dean
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: http://blog.friendster.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Human-Warrior.png
SHORT TERM GOALS:
LIFE GOALS: Set up an academy for combat and white magic for any and all interested.
FLAVOR QUOTE: I will stand within the darkness so you may enjoy the light.

ATTRIBUTES:(MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
RES: 8
DEX: 3
MND: 7

HP: 30
MP: 9

FORCE: 3
FINESS: 2

ARM: 6
ACC: 2
AVD: 8

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Squire’s Longsword/RES/8+2d6/Reliable (reroll once a Combat)
SHIELD: Squire’s Shield/ 2/ 2/ +2 to AVD
ARMOR: Chainmail/ 4/ 4/ Medium Armor
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0
-SKILL CAP: (1+LVL) /2 + FINESS OR FORCE PER ERRATA, USE HIGHER OF THE TWO IF ATTRIBUTE LISTED IS BOTH)

SKILL         ATTRIBUTE
Athletics   4           Force
Acting         Finesse
Awareness   2   Force/Finesse
Escape   2      Force/Finesse
Healing         Force/Finesse
Inquiry   2      Force/Finesse
Languages      Finesse
Lore(X)         Finesse
Mercantile      Force/Finesse
Nature         Force/Finesse
Negotiation   2   Force/Finesse
Perform   2      Force/Finesse
Scavenge              Force
Stealth         Finesse
Swimming   2           Force
Synthesis(Weapon) 2
Synthesis(Armor) 2      Force/Finesse
Systems         Finesse
Thievery              Finesse
Vehicles              Force/Finesse

ABILITIES: Cover: Take blows meant for another.
Leadership: Allies are immune to Fear, Berserk, and Charm unless they chose to be affected
Shield of Light: Once per combat, make Armor Indestructible and become immune to Knockback and Spell Loss. If attacked (or if my Covered Target is attacked), respond with 8 (x Armor Tier) +2d6 Holy Damage and strike target Blind even if they’re immune.

SPELLS: Chivalry

EQUIPMENT: Squire’s Longsword
Squire’s Shield
Chainmail

INVENTORY: 200 gil

I haven't bought anything besides his starting gear, which is all Tier 1 just given fancy names instead of "Practice X".

This looks fine to me. You can take out all the extra notes I made, I just put them there to help people remember details on the fly.
For example, you can take out the Finesse and Force from all the skill entries, and just delete any skills you don't have points in all together.

For everyone:

The equipment system is very free form so feel free to name things as you like within reason. We have about 16 weapons of a given category to name, so try to keep that in mind. Don't name your starting sword the Star Dragon Sword, there's nowhere else to go with that. It's pretty much the best sword ever. At least, that's the way he tells it.

Angie

Quote from: slowmojoe on March 16, 2015, 09:52:32 PM

This looks fine to me. You can take out all the extra notes I made, I just put them there to help people remember details on the fly.
For example, you can take out the Finesse and Force from all the skill entries, and just delete any skills you don't have points in all together.

For everyone:

The equipment system is very free form so feel free to name things as you like within reason. We have about 16 weapons of a given category to name, so try to keep that in mind. Don't name your starting sword the Star Dragon Sword, there's nowhere else to go with that. It's pretty much the best sword ever. At least, that's the way he tells it.

That was the impression I got. Dean will be working up to Dragon (X). Or maybe Tier 7 would be Dragon and Tier 8 would be Bahamut.

Lockepick

Honua Ko
Human Geomancer

Sheet

PLAYER NAME: Lockepick
RACE: Hume/Human
JOB: Geomancer
CHARACTER NAME: Honua Ko
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:

• Explore a 'Snow' Terrain Type
  • Find a place of powerful natural energy
  • Stop a corruption of the land
LIFE GOALS: Bring tribute/power to Makuahineahi to increase her power and domain.
FLAVOR QUOTE: "You do not drink to your spirits? Makuahineahi will take yours then if you need an excuse."

DESTINY POINTS: 1 / 1

ATTRIBUTES:
RES: 10
DEX: 4
MND: 4

HP:28-FOCUS:4-ACC:2-ARM:4
MP:0-FINESSE:2-AVD:6-MARM:4

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Practice Knuckles / 2+2d6 / PWR / +7 / Counterattack
L.HAND:
SHIELD:
ARMOR: Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium) / ARM: 4 / MARM: 4 /
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:
-Skill Points: 6/22 Remaining (2/level)
-SKILL CAP: Focus = 3; Finesse = 2

SKILL
ATTRIBUTE
RANK
Athletics
Force
Awareness
Either
Nature
Either
Scavenge
Force
Stealth
Finesse
Thievery
Finesse

ABILITIES:
Geotrance
Home Terrain: Lava (Can always use Lava terrain abilities)
Geoawareness (Geotrance is a Standard action, can sense 'displaced air' as a 'danger sense')

SPELLS:
-n/a-

EQUIPMENT:
Practice Knuckles (Tier 1 Reach, Counterattack)
Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium Armor, 4/4)

INVENTORY: 210 gil
2x Potion (25% HP)

Brief History

Honua was born on an island, part of an archipelego of different tribes out along the coast. The Ko were a tribe situated on Kahakai, a volcanic island. The Ko were the protectors and worshipers of Makuahineahi, a goddess of fire who lived in the volcano. Makuahineahi spoke to Honua and gave him his powers to speak and control the earth. Honua was given the task of going out and seeing the rest of the world, to showing Makuahineahi the world outside her island through Honua's eyes. He is passing through Gilead as part of his journey to explore new terrain types, and bring that energy back to Makuahineahi. Following Makuahineahi is to follow fire; to follow passion, joy and life.

Questions to confirm:
1) Does any 'Crit' on Geotrance = Maelstroms? ie: Does Reach actually work on Geotrance or not? I assume so, or else why would they get that proficiency, but thought I'd ask. I'll switch to a Brawl weapon if not.
2) Does the one Destiny that the sheet had listed include the point you get from having a quote or no?

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

slowmojoe

Quote from: lockepick on March 16, 2015, 10:19:51 PM

Honua Ko
Human Geomancer

Sheet

PLAYER NAME: Lockepick
RACE: Hume/Human
JOB: Geomancer
CHARACTER NAME: Honua Ko
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION:
SHORT TERM GOALS:

• Explore a 'Snow' Terrain Type
  • Find a place of powerful natural energy
  • Stop a corruption of the land
LIFE GOALS: Bring tribute/power to Makuahineahi to increase her power and domain.
FLAVOR QUOTE: "You do not drink to your spirits? Makuahineahi will take yours then if you need an excuse."

DESTINY POINTS: 1 / 1

ATTRIBUTES:
RES: 10
DEX: 4
MND: 4

HP:28-FORCE:4-ACC:2-ARM:4
MP:0-FINESSE:2-AVD:6-MARM:4

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Practice Kusarigama / 2+2d6 / PWR / +7 / Reach, Fire-Ward
L.HAND:
SHIELD:
ARMOR: Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium) / ARM: 4 / MARM: 4 /
ACCESSORY:

SKILLS:
-Skill Points: 22 (2/level)
-SKILL CAP: Focus = 5; Finesse = 3

SKILL
ATTRIBUTE
RANK
Athletics
Force
Awareness
Either
Nature
Either
Scavenge
Force
Stealth
Finesse
Thievery
Finesse

ABILITIES:
Geotrance
Home Terrain: Lava (Can always use Lava terrain abilities)
Geoawareness (Geotrance is a Standard action, can sense 'displaced air' as a 'danger sense')

SPELLS:
-n/a-

EQUIPMENT:
Practice Kusarigama (Tier 1 Reach, Fire-Ward)
Leather Vest (Tier 1 Medium Armor, 4/4)

INVENTORY: 210 gil
2x Potion (25% HP)

Brief History

Honua was born on an island, part of an archipelego of different tribes out along the coast. The Ko were a tribe situated on Kahakai, a volcanic island. The Ko were the protectors and worshipers of Makuahineahi, a goddess of fire who lived in the volcano. Makuahineahi spoke to Honua and gave him his powers to speak and control the earth. Honua was given the task of going out and seeing the rest of the world, to showing Makuahineahi the world outside her island through Honua's eyes. He is passing through Gilead as part of his journey to explore new terrain types, and bring that energy back to Makuahineahi. Following Makuahineahi is to follow fire; to follow passion, joy and life.

Questions to confirm:
1) Does any 'Crit' on Geotrance = Maelstroms? ie: Does Reach actually work on Geotrance or not? I assume so, or else why would they get that proficiency, but thought I'd ask. I'll switch to a Brawl weapon if not.
2) Does the one Destiny that the sheet had listed include the point you get from having a quote or no?

This character looks particularly good.

There are small problems:

I am assuming you mean Force, in place of Focus. 

Tier 1 weapon has 1 property, and as a Reach weapon, this must be Critical Strike. You could not have Fire-Ward.

Backstory may need to altered somewhat if it can't be otherwise shoehorned into the setting. We can let Katida rule on that.

1)  Maelstrom is a particular action of 3 possible that you choose when you use the Geotrance. If you otherwise choose the offensive action, it is medium range, and is not affected by your weapon selection, nor is it possible to crit on the offensive action.

2) You have 1 destiny point, as we are using the available errata in which the Destiny system was reworked.
I will summarize it like this.

You have a Destiny cap equal to your level.
Some abilities only use the Destiny until your next level. Some abilities make it go away permanently.
Things are generally less expensive.

I will make sure destiny is distributed at later levels such as to make up for the loss of what would otherwise be free destiny points.

See the pastebin links posted by Latooni Subota previously for the errata.

Angie

Lockepick

Reach Weapons: Oh! I didn't realize that the inherent Quick-Cast/Critical Attack/Reliable counted as a weapon property -- I'll fix that.

Maelstrom: I misread it that Maelstrom ONLY triggered on 12s, but glad to see I can select it!

Geotrance + Criticals: Geotrance can't critical? It requires an attack roll. Is it because it's a magical attack that it doesn't allow a critical?

Destiny: Gotcha, didn't realize there was a level cap anyway!

Backstory: I'm happy to say the island is off to the side enough that it doesn't really matter. I'm also happy to adjust the location if there is some fitting location in the game.

Latooni Subota

Posted by me, all credit belongs to my beloved friend Lorkhan who is awesome and I love her. I only helped with playtesting and a few Prestige Classes.

I have too many concepts, so I'll try and narrow things down over the next day or two.
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Angie

Quote from: lockepick on March 16, 2015, 11:47:46 PM
Reach Weapons: Oh! I didn't realize that the inherent Quick-Cast/Critical Attack/Reliable counted as a weapon property -- I'll fix that.

That's a sorta blink and you miss it rule, I only saw it myself on my 3rd reading personally.

AndyZ

PLAYER NAME: AndyZ
RACE: Viera
JOB: Entertainer
CHARACTER NAME: Lynn
PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION: Lynn most often wears a simple dress sewn up with bits of glass and faux jewelry, but she's saving up for something beautiful yet sturdy enough to be worn in travels.
SHORT TERM GOALS: Adventure!
LIFE GOALS: Find true love
FLAVOR QUOTE: Next time you'll dance the dance, baby!

ATTRIBUTES:(MIN 3; MAX 20) 25 to start, cost is 1:1
PWR: 4
RES: 5
DEX: 10
MND: 6

HP: 19
MP: 8

FORCE: 2
FINESS: 4

AVOIDANCE: 8
ACCURACY: 1

ARM: 2

EQUIPMENT:
R.HAND: Song of the Heart/ +0 ACCURACY/Dexterity/10+2d6/ Medium Distance
L.HAND: NAME/ ACCURACY/ATTRIBUTE/ DAMAGE/ PROPERTIES
SHIELD: NAME/ ARM/ MARM/ PROPERTIES
ARMOR: Cotton Dress/ +2 ARM/ +6 MARM/ -
ACCESSORY: NAME/ PROPERTIES

SKILLS:
-STARTING SKILL POINTS ARE PER JOB 24
-ONLY LIST IF ABOVE 0
-SKILL CAP: (1+LVL) /2 + FINESS OR FORCE PER ERRATA, USE HIGHER OF THE TWO IF ATTRIBUTE LISTED IS BOTH)

Athletics2Force
Acting3              Finesse
Awareness3Force/Finesse
Escape3Force/Finesse
Inquiry3Force/Finesse
Languages3Finesse
Negotiation          3Force/Finesse
Perform        3Force/Finesse
Swimming1Force

ABILITIES: (INNATE JOB ABILITY, PLUS 2 OF YOUR CHOICE)

From the Heart, Power Chord, Weapon of Choice

SPELLS: (AS ALLOWED PER CLASS, 2 NOVICE SPELLS TO START)

EQUIPMENT: (TIER 1 IS AVAILABLE TO START)

100 gil - Armor

150 gil - Weapon

250 gil

INVENTORY: (Start with 500gil to spend on equipment)

Lynn's heritage is a mystery, but that doesn't stop people from guessing.  The most common legend is that her parents were a talented musician and a blue mage, but stories vary greatly on which parent was which.

What is much better understood - even if the whys and hows elude all but erudite scholars - is her magical affinity.  As she dances, music and colors exude from her via pure arcane energy.  Every flutter of movement from her body affects the beautiful designs, and most of her life has been spent in learning to perfect every nuance of her body's motion so that she can put on a spectacular show.  With a little effort, she can even send out this energy as a destructive force, and has dealt with more than one monster in this way.

Since childhood, she's been captivated by the idea of true love.  Most often, the stories she'd heard involved a princess who finds her one and only in the midst of an adventure, though they were usually stories about Humes.  For the Viera, where only every sixth child is male, the odds are tougher but not impossible.  Hope has always had a way of burning brightly even when the rest of the world is bathed in darkness, and Lynn's heart is no different.

Her catchphrase is the result of a bad translation.  She'd had some practice with languages, but upon trying to explain to someone that life is a dance and you can't sit it out, she said something which sounds rather silly to the average speaker of the Common tongue.  (She also thought that "baby" meant "friend.")  Being the type to readily laugh at her own mistakes when people aren't cruel to her about it, it's become a sort of catchphrase for her.

Lynn has been seen in various areas performing, including for various nobles, though never for the Queen nor her consort.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.