News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Fire Emblem (Interest Check)

Started by Latooni Subota, November 13, 2011, 11:51:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Latooni Subota

I wouldn't mind writing out the details on the obligatory pegasus-rider-filled country. Maybe Cecilia studied there for a while, and that's where she got her immature pegasus?
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Sabre

Anything goes.  I say each of us can add whatever we like in regards to flavor about the world this will take place in.  I'll then attempt to integrate them together seamlessly.

Latooni Subota

Just throwing this out there for Hoshino's sake. Hoshino is going to be rather busy this week, so any posting will be sporadic at best.

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Revelation

given that the country we'll be starting in has Wyvern riders, i'd like them to be somewhat important to the country. Maybe they're mostly a noble thing, but some of the more skilled and disciplined soldiers can become riders - Though they're often seen as second class/rate in comparison to nobles. For any heraldry, I would see Wyverns as being part of it. And if there is a Peagi country, I could see them as having gone to war with them in the past, as an idea. Well, all of these are ideas of course.

Latooni Subota

I was envisioning the pegasus-rider country to be one of the smaller LESS warlike countries out there, tbh. Only a few towns and a lot of mountains, where nobles send their children off to finishing school, or whatnot.

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Usually I think of mountains as belonging to Wyverns, and Pegasi having fertile plains or some sort of plateau, myself.  Mostly because it's the short, stocky horses that you'd find in mountainous areas, and Pegasi tend to just look like regular horses, which have been bred to travel along roads and other open areas...

ZameRagues

World wise all I need is a snow capped mountain
Pure Impulse Plays
Discord - Zame Ragues#8888
Dice Bot - 18627
O/Os

Sabre

Alright guys and girls, here's a little preview of the official chapter 1.  Looking for feedback on preferred presentation, layout, details, etc.  Currently, Valerie will be recruitable by any unit that enters the house at I4.  Maribelle can be recruited as soon as the immobile Mercenary unit blocking her escape is defeated.  The town currently offers no reward.  Ysena will spawn at A9 with two allied fighter units, and Ashton is technically an enemy unit but is free to move during the player phase or decide if he'd rather be approached and talked to by a specific unit or if he'd rather move himself and talk to somebody to switch sides.  The goal is to defeat the boss of this map, the level 2 mercenary Oscar.

Silk

Latooni Subota

Awww, you're not using the black/orange sprite for KNIGHT BLAZER . . I mean . . Claire.

Also, while the map is awesome, personally the giant sprite cards for the enemies sorta hurt my eyes. Just . . yeah. x.o

Edit: Also, keep in mind that Hoshino will likely not be able to post till the weekend, or maybe Monday. Maybe it'd be best to have him show up later in the map as a player reinforcement, or in the inbetween part after hearing of Cecilia fighting back against her siblings?

Kunoichi

It does look like a pretty good map. ^^ Would it be alright if, at the start of the game, my character dancing in the town's market square is the main thing keeping the soldiers from sacking the town?  It would help me stick to my original idea of having her start off dancing for the soldiers, though these soldiers wouldn't be getting any mechanical benefits from it.

I do agree about shrinking down the size of the sprites a little for those enemy sprite cards, though.  Maybe make them small enough that they could be placed on top of the stat sheets, rather than to the left of them?

Silk

I think everyone present knows what the sprites themselves are, so how about having the portraits instead? :)

Kunoichi

Actually, I probably wouldn't be able to tell. ^^; Maybe put the sprites in the lower-right corner of the portraits?

Sabre

Hm, improvement perhaps?  Some resized sprites and tweaked stats.  Edmund character is not in play, but can be brought in at any moment.

Edit: Whoops, boss got wimpy along the way.  Fixed for a more intimidating challenge, but not so much so.

Latooni Subota

Silk

Looking real good there sabre I'm really impressed.

Sabre

Preview has been updated with actual enemy portraits instead of blown up, pixelated sprites.

Latooni Subota

Even better! Love dem portraits! And if anyone has questions, any of us that memorized them all can handle them. I think we're actually just about ready to start! Well, once we get a thread set up to put all our sheets in, and fill with info we finish about the setting as we go. And an OOC. Am I forgetting anything? XD

Kunoichi

No, I think you've just about got it. ^^

Sabre

None that I can think of.  As for organization of the threads, I see no more than two being necessary.  One for the actual game, and the other for chat and information.  Oh, and Latooni, I believe there's an error on your character sheet where your movement is listed as 7+2.  Should it not be 5+2 instead?

Now some general questions: which play-by-post board should we host the main game?  Light, Bondage, NC, Extreme, etc.  I'm not too familiar with the group boards, but would hte OoC thread go in the same board?

The first post in the OoC I plan to be informative with character sheets, synopsis and story summaries thus far, and quick links to each chapter as they come and go.  What should we name our Fire Emblem game, besides Fire Emblem?  Or would you guys and girls prefer I subtitle it with something that alludes to the main plot/plot device of the game?

Latooni Subota

Fire Emblem: Spark of Chaos? Since this little revolution is the spark that's going to throw the whole continent out of whack, and start a big mess? :3

my sheet: Nope, that's correct. I have Celerity already added into my Movement. 7 on foot, 9 when mounted. Cecilia and her steed are QUICK!

The OOC would go in the same board, yes. The specific forum depends on what everyone wants. I'm fine with anything short of Extreme, I think.

Silk

Well it really comes down too what will be happening, if we get into the blood gory rapey side of things, then extreme, if its just vannila with little graphic involved then a NC or otherwise. If you plan on capturing and raping one of us lasses, then would be a NC+ Etc I'm mostly playing for the game itself, but sexy time wise, I go with whatever, I go across all fields :)

Kunoichi

Having a separate thread for character sheets would be my preferred choice, actually. ^^; It's easier to find them, that way, and it'll be easier to add new characters in if we get them.

As for where to put the game...  Well, NC Human Small Groups would probably be the best choice.  Just to be on the safe side, in case we wind up having an NC scene at a later date.

Latooni Subota

Do we count as a small group with nine-ish players, maybe more depending on if people die and new people join? I mean, I know for a fact that Natsume is gonna be working on her character now since she was without internet since the day or so after I first posted the interest check. x.o

(I should've mentioned that earlier. I'm a horrible friend. Q.Q )

Kunoichi

A game needs 1,000 posts in order to qualify for Big Group status, I'm afraid.