Salem Institute Of Magic (Potterverse! Always Accepting! LGBTQA Friendly!)

Started by Bloodied Porcelain, August 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bloodied Porcelain

IN 1313 A NEW ERA BEGAN

Magical people, wizards, shamans, those with a more vivid bond with the elements and veils of the world, gathered their forces to create a common ground. A new way to fuel generations to come with the ideas and the respect that ran so deep in the natives. They were people of nature, of America before it was named America, and their vision was a spark that ignited what became through the ages...

SALEM INSTITUTE OF MAGIC

Now, in a wizard world filled with shadows and unspeakable dangers, young people are sent to a hidden island off the coast of Massachusetts every fall to take on what can only be described as a ritual of adulthood. Young men and women have seven years to learn how to survive in the world outside the shelter of their homes, years spent in constant presence of both light and darkness, dangers and security.

The United Kingdom and Hogwarts had Voldemort. The United States and Salem had Makya Hale.

THE SECOND WIZARDING WAR MAY BE OVER...

...BUT EVERY END IS THE BEGINNING OF SOMETHING.

A Post Harry Potter game set in Salem, USA.

GM(s)
Bloodied Porcelain
          GM's Assistants
GnothiSeauton - List Updater
Ember Star - New Player Relations
TheHangedMan - IC Event Tracker

Thread Directory

IC Threads
                                 OOC Threads

TO JOIN THE FUN:

Read the GAME INFORMATION thread!

Need help? Have questions? Contact Ember Star, our New Player Liason!

Submit a character VIA PM to Bloodied Porcelain!

Hop into the OOC and say hello!

Please note that approval may take a few days since only one GM is involved in approving them.

Feel free to ask questions in this thread or via PM to Bloodied Porcelain.

Our Current Open Staff Positions:
Counsellor(s)
Grounds Keeper
Drama Professor
Wizarding Psychology Professor
Wizard Politics Professor
Physics Professor
French Professor
German Professor
English Professor
Advanced Language Studies Professor
Divinations Professor
Spanish Professor

Most of these slots can be combined to allow one teacher to teach two or three subjects (especially the languages courses). If you wish to reserve one of these spots, please do so in this thread.

Credit To Amelita and Aiden for their role in helping develop and set up this amazing game. We wish them all the best in their future RP endeavors!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

~ Bizarre, Beautiful, And Breathtaking ~
~ O/O ~ Seeking ~ A/A ~ Mirrors and Masks ~ Poetry ~
She walked with the universe on her shoulders and made it look like wings.

Josietta

*bounces around as she works on her characters*

Chase

Chase is a fifth year. He's a half blood. His family would have money but isn't filthy rich. He'd be more like upper middle class, in modern real life he'd be a lot like a boarding school boy whose parents are divorced. He hates his step-bitch (mother) and his father is a hardass Marine.  His mom is a pureblood whore who discreetly and sometimes not so discreetly marries older wizards only for their money then moves on to the next when he dies. She doesn't contact Chase except when she wants something and he has issues telling her no. He is an only child to his parents. His father has 2 other children, much younger twin girls. He also has his dick of a step brother that his mother had with a Pureblood ass she married a couple years ago.

What I need from you all is maybe some connections? Friends? GF? BFF? Enemies? Rivals? Exes?  A family to put him into? Right now he only has a first name and is classified as half blood.

Sooo anyone wanna connect or hook up or something?  PM me or reply here and we'll take it to PMs after?

House: Andover
Year: 5th Year
Face: Joey Scarpellino

Colette Rosier

Personality:
  • Studious - Colette loves to read and is very serious about her studies.
  • Stubborn - Colette has her beliefs and tends to stick to them to a fault. She isn't willing to bend for many and often puts up a fight on anything she doesn't believe in.
  • Shy - She can be shy around new people and often prefers to stay out of the spotlight. She is often seen as a wallflower of sorts but will step forward when required to do so.
  • Friendly - She is often kind to others but doesn't have close friends who her family would deem unworthy.
  • Willful - Colette has a strong sense of will and won't allow herself to fail in anything she does.

Likes: Books (romance smut novels secretly), Old Black and White films, Audrey Hepburn, Daisies
Dislikes: Coffee, Loud Noises, Being Late, Strong Perfumes, Pushy/Bossy people
Fears: Dark Enclosed Places
Favorite Animal(s): Cats and Unicorns
Favorite Color(s): Blue, Black, and deep jewel tones

House: Ipswich
Year: 3rd Year
Face: Gabriella Wilde

and my sweet little country girl who isn't completely fleshed yet

House: Ipswich
Year: Fourth Year
Face: Taylor Swift

(Hopefully Lunar will be making either her brother or Chase's brother)

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Josietta on August 25, 2014, 12:37:16 PM
*bounces around as she works on her characters*

Chase

Chase is a fifth year. He's a half blood. His family would have money but isn't filthy rich. He'd be more like upper middle class, in modern real life he'd be a lot like a boarding school boy whose parents are divorced. He hates his step-bitch (mother) and his father is a hardass Marine.  His mom is a pureblood whore who discreetly and sometimes not so discreetly marries older wizards only for their money then moves on to the next when he dies. She doesn't contact Chase except when she wants something and he has issues telling her no. He is an only child to his parents. His father has 2 other children, much younger twin girls. He also has his dick of a step brother that his mother had with a Pureblood ass she married a couple years ago.

What I need from you all is maybe some connections? Friends? GF? BFF? Enemies? Rivals? Exes?  A family to put him into? Right now he only has a first name and is classified as half blood.

Sooo anyone wanna connect or hook up or something?  PM me or reply here and we'll take it to PMs after?

Face: Joey Scarpellino

Colette Rosier

Personality:
  • Studious - Colette loves to read and is very serious about her studies.
  • Stubborn - Colette has her beliefs and tends to stick to them to a fault. She isn't willing to bend for many and often puts up a fight on anything she doesn't believe in.
  • Shy - She can be shy around new people and often prefers to stay out of the spotlight. She is often seen as a wallflower of sorts but will step forward when required to do so.
  • Friendly - She is often kind to others but doesn't have close friends who her family would deem unworthy.
  • Willful - Colette has a strong sense of will and won't allow herself to fail in anything she does.

Likes: Books (romance smut novels secretly), Old Black and White films, Audrey Hepburn, Daisies
Dislikes: Coffee, Loud Noises, Being Late, Strong Perfumes, Pushy/Bossy people
Fears: Dark Enclosed Places
Favorite Animal(s): Cats and Unicorns
Favorite Color(s): Blue, Black, and deep jewel tones

Face: Gabriella Wilde

and my sweet little country girl who isn't completely fleshed yet

Face: Taylor Swift

(Hopefully Lunar will be making either her brother or Chase's brother)
Yay! So happy you're joining us, darling! I'm excited!
I want no ordinary lover. I want a storm. I want sleepless nights and endless conversations at four a.m. I want passion, I want madness.
I want someone who's able to make my whole body shiver from a distance and also pull me close to make sense of all my bones.

TheHangedOne

Join us! There is tea, and coffee, and soda, and fancy bottled waters, and not-so-fancy bottled waters! There is cake, and cookies, and brownies, and many other sweet delights. Salty snacks, too!
A&A's and O&O's *Status: Here and there | Games: Aiming for punctuality*
"In prosperity, our friends know us; in adversity, we know our friends."
"In the ocean of knowledge, only those who want to learn will see the land."
"Before you roar, please take a deep breath."
Check out my poet tree!

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Rel Mayer

I'm interested, but I'm going to continue reading through the different information threads before I put a character up.

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 25, 2014, 05:37:07 PM
I'm interested, but I'm going to continue reading through the different information threads before I put a character up.

Take your time. :)

Kokaine

Current Craving/Looking For: Romance, Adventure, Action, Humor, and Erotica. (F/Any)

Current Post Rate: Moderate

Current Posts Owed: 1/8

My O/Os

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

Black Howling

*Was already planning on coming to the party, but seen the food, drinks and lounge area so hurried himself over*

Still researching and stuffs, but will be making a character very soon.

(Read Very soon as Sometime this week, or early into next.) O:)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Black Howling on August 26, 2014, 10:55:31 PM
*Was already planning on coming to the party, but seen the food, drinks and lounge area so hurried himself over*

Still researching and stuffs, but will be making a character very soon.

(Read Very soon as Sometime this week, or early into next.) O:)

I'm actually going to hold you to this one. No more repeats of Mass Exodus :p

Black Howling

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 26, 2014, 11:23:32 PM
I'm actually going to hold you to this one. No more repeats of Mass Exodus :p

Well remember, there is a triple threat against me here. Failure is not an option if I wish to live long. :P

Josietta

O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 

bubby

Bloodied Porcelain

bubby

Quote from: Bloodied Porcelain on August 27, 2014, 02:27:10 PM
*TACKLES* Join us my love! <3 <3

PS: I miss you. You're never on YIM anymore :(

*Flails and giggles and kisses* D'aww... I miss you too! I know I haven't, just been busy. I thought of joining, but I really don't think I'd be a good fit. Looks like you worked real hard on it though!

TheHangedOne

Check out my poet tree!

Letrixia

I may join, not sure though. This is more like X_men kinda thing?

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Letrixia on August 27, 2014, 04:00:30 PM
I may join, not sure though. This is more like X_men kinda thing?

Salem is based in the Harry Potter universe, several years after the movies/books, and is set in the US. :)

Letrixia

Rel Mayer

Just so everyone knows, I'm still interested. I'm just still putting the character sheet together since it's so complex! (Not complaining, actually like how specific it is.)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 27, 2014, 04:41:13 PM
Just so everyone knows, I'm still interested. I'm just still putting the character sheet together since it's so complex! (Not complaining, actually like how specific it is.)

Take your time hun. :) I'm not going to be able to do much in the way of reading and approving sheets until after Monday anyway as I'm moving this weekend.

Rel Mayer

I wanted to ask, I'm planning on using Melanie Laurent for the look of my character. I checked the claims list and it seems that no one has claimed her.

May I claim her looks for my character? :)

Bloodied Porcelain

Quote from: Rel Mayer on August 27, 2014, 04:47:20 PM
I wanted to ask, I'm planning on using Melanie Laurent for the look of my character. I checked the claims list and it seems that no one has claimed her.

May I claim her looks for my character? :)

Yes of course! I actually prefer that claims be posted ahead of time so there's no dispute over who has what claim when sheets are submitted.