Great F2P Games You Like and Why

Started by RubySlippers, July 06, 2011, 11:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sel Nar

Bending the concent of F2P a little (read: Free to play, not to buy in the first place), Guild Wars. Still fun after 6 years, and the upcoming sequel is more than likely going to break all sorts of Paradigms about MMOs.

Shjade

If you have to buy it to play it, it's by definition not free to play, Sel. ;p
Theme: Make Me Feel - Janelle Monáe
◕/◕'s
Conversation is more useful than conversion.

Black Howling

Out of free to play games, I prefer Lord of the Rings online. Pretty good graphics, game play, Tolkeins world and all just really draw me into it. It's also got a main story that is actually interesting, which is a nice change of pace for MMORPG's. Now I have played DDO and a few others, but out of them all it's my favorite thus far. The community is also a big plus, not nearly as many dicks as are seen on other games. Though I'm not pointing any fingers.  O:)

Ryven

Just letting people know, I also play League of Legends.  If you want people to play with, I'm all for playing with some peeps from E. :-)

Silkcat

Any suggestions on F2P games that are more RP friendly (particularly if they are unofficially adult RP friendly) than bashy bashy?  And I don't mean the juvenile public demonstrations that I've heard of in WoW.

When I first joined E I was playing in an old-school MUD (Achaea) that was a pretty good community with lots of fun RP.  Somehow it being text maybe made it more of a bridge for me between writing, play-by-post like RPOL and E.  There was some other one (I can't remember which) that even had a quite cool system for clothes including the removal of same.
Ons and Offs - Story Ideas - Stories Past and Present - Apologies and Absences
---
No, the avatar image isn't me, but it is a good representation of the characters I like.

Sel Nar

Quote from: Shjade on July 17, 2011, 05:50:15 PM
If you have to buy it to play it, it's by definition not free to play, Sel. ;p

Hey, least it's not a case of 'Shell out 180$ per year to keep playing something the devs haven't given a crap about since before the first expansion, and only invest time into in order to make you pay more' (Blizzard, I'm looking at you.)

Shjade

Quote from: Silkcat on July 21, 2011, 02:43:31 PM
Any suggestions on F2P games that are more RP friendly (particularly if they are unofficially adult RP friendly) than bashy bashy?  And I don't mean the juvenile public demonstrations that I've heard of in WoW.
Of the non-text-only MMORPGS I've played, LotRO has had the best RP community and it's now F2P. Granted, it's still not amazing, but it's certainly RP friendly. Particularly in the Shire.
◕/◕'s

zemo8801

not sure if it's good or even able to rp on it. This just looks great too play with friends and plenty of great laughs  O:)

TotalBiscuit and The Yogscast "play" Magicka - Part 3 - Please stop healing me
Ons and Offs
DarkAngel  " Goof Ball "
Happy Owner of His Snowflake
Z crypt of ideas

EbonyQueen

Quote from: Shjade on July 21, 2011, 05:46:53 PM
Of the non-text-only MMORPGS I've played, LotRO has had the best RP community and it's now F2P. Granted, it's still not amazing, but it's certainly RP friendly. Particularly in the Shire.

Hmm... methinks I might need to give that a try. I've been -really- trying to find an RP friendly MMO.

Shjade

◕/◕'s

Cold Heritage

I play LOTRO and enjoy it a fair bit. People seem fairly nice on Crickhollow, though I judge that more on the basis of people not jacking my resource node while I am fighting a monster who was guarding it. People also seem to be willing to lend a hand if they happen by and I've been in trouble, and I've done my best to reciprocate.

If you do end up giving it a shot, you will probably want to uninstall Pando Media Booster after it's installed.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Machete

I just downloaded Champions Online.  Sadly, I have yet to start it because I can't decide how to make my first character.